Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Westbrook Point Shaving? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Westbrook Point Shaving?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saint Louis
Starter

Westbrook Point Shaving? Empty
PostSubject: Westbrook Point Shaving?   Westbrook Point Shaving? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:53 am

Wow, I just watched the Thunder/Knicks game. I don't know what the over/under was for this game, but, it looks like Westbrook was playing for the under! I doubt it's true, but this shootout was filled with wide-open missed shots. Anyone see that game?

Westbrook missed quite a few gimme shots, and refused to shoot on some others. This should have been a 130 to 141 scorefest, but both teams seemed to miss out on their easy opportunities! This is the first game in a long time where I wondered if the players were fixing the outcome or the scoring. It probably wasn't fixed, but it sure looked fixed. I haven't looked to see what the over/under line was in Vegas, but, it looks fixed for the under!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Westbrook Point Shaving?   Westbrook Point Shaving? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 pm

interesting...

Still, HIGHLY doubt that a player like Westbrook would be point shaving. There's simply no incentive, dudes making 16 Mil a year + endorsements, why would he risk that to make some walking around money fixing games? Almost all point shaving scandals involve players where the money they make for doing the fixing is comparable to or greater than the money they are making on the court/field.

I can easily see the refs being complicit though. When you really think about it, it would be shockingly easy to manipulate game over/under lines as an NBA referee and not raise suspicion.

Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Westbrook Point Shaving?   Westbrook Point Shaving? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
Wow, I just watched the Thunder/Knicks game. I don't know what the over/under was for this game, but, it looks like Westbrook was playing for the under! I doubt it's true, but this shootout was filled with wide-open missed shots. Anyone see that game?

Westbrook missed quite a few gimme shots, and refused to shoot on some others!

Obviously it was Mutang who paid him to score less so he could still have a chance to win vs me this week. I wonder if it was him who sprained Crawfords ankle as well.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Westbrook Point Shaving?   Westbrook Point Shaving? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:

Westbrook missed quite a few gimme shots, and refused to shoot on some others!

Obviously it was Mutang who paid him to score less so he could still have a chance to win vs me this week. I wonder if it was him who sprained Crawfords ankle as well.

Hmmmm, valiant effort Calgary, valiant. And points for finally kinda having a sense of humor. But like taxes and death.....
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Westbrook Point Shaving?   Westbrook Point Shaving? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 am

TheMagnus wrote:
interesting...

Still, HIGHLY doubt that a player like Westbrook would be point shaving. There's simply no incentive, dudes making 16 Mil a year + endorsements, why would he risk that to make some walking around money fixing games? Almost all point shaving scandals involve players where the money they make for doing the fixing is comparable to or greater than the money they are making on the court/field.

I can easily see the refs being complicit though. When you really think about it, it would be shockingly easy to manipulate game over/under lines as an NBA referee and not raise suspicion.

I definitely agree about the refs, and, I'm sure that's something the league is looking at. I'm not sure the league is doing anything about that possibility (refs on the take), but, I'm sure they're looking at it to ensure it doesn't hurt the league. And, it's hard to imagine Vegas could stand to make enough money on an over/under to have them risk getting caught (let alone making it worthwhile so Westbrook would actually play a part). Still, did you see that game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westbrook Point Shaving?   Westbrook Point Shaving? Empty

Back to top Go down

Westbrook Point Shaving?
Page 1 of 1