Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIRE TYRONE CORBIN

Go down 
+10
Saint Louis
Romoholic
The Voice of Reason
outerspacefan
zero24gravity
thejazzkickazz
Crunchtime1
TheMagnus
MTJazz
Mutangclan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:48 am

I still don't want Ty back next year, but I want to stay positive during the playoff run, so I'll remove the "Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)" auto edit..... for now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 am

zero24gravity wrote:
I still don't want Ty back next year, but I want to stay positive during the playoff run, so I'll remove the "Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)" auto edit..... for now.

Maybe you could make it an auto-edit of "play-more-Burks-and-less-Tinsely-you-freaking-idiot-because-it-only-makes-sense" instead. Eh? Eh??
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 am

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Maybe you could make it an auto-edit of "play-more-Burks-and-less-Tinsely-you-freaking-idiot-because-it-only-makes-sense" instead. Eh? Eh??

Once the season is over, we will look into something like that. Razz

"You shoulda played more Burks......... Oh, and thanks for slapping DC on the backside when he was near the door, making sure he doesn't stay in Utah."
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:37 am

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

"You shoulda played more Burks......... Oh, and thanks for slapping DC on the backside when he was near the door, making sure he doesn't stay in Utah."

Boom. Exactly. Oooooooooooo rep point!
At least I have my signed DC3 shirt from Dallas to put in my hope chest.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 4:27 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Boom. Exactly. Oooooooooooo rep point!
At least I have my signed DC3 shirt from Dallas to put in my hope chest.

Funny what a 3 game win streak in a close playoff stretch run can do to us fans. I woke up this morning thinking, "You know, maybe I've been entirely uncool and unkarmically inclined towards my brother Ty. He is actually a really good below average coach and by golly, Mr. Rigby was right, Ty kept that locker room from imploding because of his goofy rotations and minutes distributions - gotta hand him that - no troop mutiny." Then I realized the 1) the Jazz aren't in the playoffs yet and 2) Ty won't play the right players against the Spurs/Thunder and I will be uncool, unkarmically calling for his head. I'm loyal to the players who work hard, (which seems to be the whole bunch), but no special love for coaches not named Sloan.
Back to top Go down
PMartin
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 pm

This is the teams first FULL year together. I expected the inconsistencies. Next year my expectations will of course be a lot higher.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Indeed, look at the minute distribution with the game tonight against Portland. It's pretty much what I would have done, and since Kanter is out, the Bigs are an easy option. We're not at practices and perhaps don't really know players and their strengths as well as we think. I go back-and-forth with wanting Ty back. I think there's better options and worse options. Him trying to win now and prepare the young guys for the future is a toughy.. Still not a fan of Marvin but then again DC can be less than appealing as well (still for DC's minutes).

Anyway, if Ty's back, I won't implode. If he's gone, who knows, the next coach could be pretty bad. I believe a coach has to walk such a delicate line of disciplinarian and good guy that it's a tough job.... I'd kinda like to see Hornacek as the coach but not sure if he can get it done. I'll settle for Ty next yr even if we don't make the playoffs this yr... then who knows.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:11 am

- Of course no one out here knows for sure, but I think Burks, Wheeler, Fav and Kanter are ok with Corbin
- I don't think another coaching change next season is good for them, specially for Favors
- Corbin's problems arise mostly from lineup management and the "vets" choice even when the young guns probably would have done better; however somehow I have the feeling that coach realizes that and his pro-vet moves are probably kind of a loyalty thing knowing a bunch of them are in their contract years... if that's the case I can understand it... it can be said for sure that this thing is not against Jazz culture...

We'll see what happens, but I bet my pet the Jazz will honor Corbin's contract and then they will go from there...
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:32 am

outerspacefan wrote:
- Of course no one out here knows for sure, but I think Burks, Wheeler, Fav and Kanter are ok with Corbin
- I don't think another coaching change next season is good for them, specially for Favors
- Corbin's problems arise mostly from lineup management and the "vets" choice even when the young guns probably would have done better; however somehow I have the feeling that coach realizes that and his pro-vet moves are probably kind of a loyalty thing knowing a bunch of them are in their contract years... if that's the case I can understand it... it can be said for sure that this thing is not against Jazz culture...

We'll see what happens, but I bet my pet the Jazz will honor Corbin's contract and then they will go from there...

Agree with this, all of it.

I would add that I have been seeing quotes form the players this morning giving Corbin credit for keeping the team together through that brutal stretch and rallying them for this playoff push. That is not a small thing. As much as I hate some of his decisions and styles, if he can simply rally the players he has to play together and play hard in difficult circumstances then he's got 80% of what he needs to be a good coach.

I mean lets be really honest, that was the one thing that Jerry Sloan did better than almost anybody, and really made him a legend. His systems worked, but he wasn't a great x's and o's guy. No one would ever accuse him of being creative or the best game manager, but he got his teams to play together and play hard, so much so that those attributes became the calling card of "Jazz Basketball".

So if the players are going to rally around Corbin, basically saving his job and giving us all something entertaining to watch, then I'm willing to give him another shot.

I just hope that the front office does their job and makes his job easier this summer.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Okay, so if we make the playoffs, we're all down with letting TyCo keep his job?? I'll let Greg and Randy know.

But I'm also going to ask them to, as you said, Mags, "make his job easier" by removing as many subpar vets from the roster as possible, leaving him with a young core that he can only coach to an aggressive defense and active offense, running a beak, or trying to beat opponents down the court on almost every change of possession. There's no point in acquiring athletic young players if you're going to play a style designed to cover athletic shortcomings.

Good work guys. I'm sure the Jazz FO will be relieved we let them off the hook.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Okay, so if we make the playoffs, we're all down with letting TyCo keep his job?? I'll let Greg and Randy know.

But I'm also going to ask them to, as you said, Mags, "make his job easier" by removing as many subpar vets from the roster as possible, leaving him with a young core that he can only coach to an aggressive defense and active offense, running a beak, or trying to beat opponents down the court on almost every change of possession. There's no point in acquiring athletic young players if you're going to play a style designed to cover athletic shortcomings.

Thanks Troll, I appreciate you passing that on for me/us. If thats the case, and Al/Tinsley/Watson are not brought back, and Tyronee Baloney just has to decide between playing Marv and DC3 then......I guess, ummm, ughhhhhh, uhhhhh, blah.......actually NO!!! No sir!! Bad coaching, bad game planning, bizarro rotations that all RESULTED IN REPEATED LOSSES......NO! Tyrone needs to go. Next year he'll just run the same Al Jefferson offense for Fav anyway...and it wont work!!!
It'll be even worse for us, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Thanks Troll, I appreciate you passing that on for me/us. If thats the case, and Al/Tinsley/Watson are not brought back, and Tyronee Baloney just has to decide between playing Marv and DC3 then......I guess, ummm, ughhhhhh, uhhhhh, blah.......actually NO!!! No sir!! Bad coaching, bad game planning, bizarro rotations that all RESULTED IN REPEATED LOSSES......NO! Tyrone needs to go. Next year he'll just run the same Al Jefferson offense for Fav anyway...and it wont work!!!
It'll be even worse for us, seriously.

Oh yah, I agree (ref: Wins to Cost Jazz? See below..)

But I think we're going to be stuck. Just because the guys came out swinging after a really bad stretch, Ty's entire Reign of Error will be validated (in his mind).

Even if he played a major role in this turnaround (and if he did, good job, Ty!), I have to think a better record might have been easily achieved with...ah...'different' coaching.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 am

RE: Denver "game"

The players are the one's who have to make the plays... I get it. The Jazz PLAYERS got outworked, outhustled & outplayed. Ty can't force them to take better shots & stay in front of their man on defense. But, what he CAN do is not watch a close game at the half, explode to a big lead in the third without making any of the players accountable by yanking them out of the game. Mo got killed by the slowest PG he will see all year, Andre Miller. Dude just kept running by him. (Al's D was, well ... Al's typical D.) Foye & Mo were terrible all night long, so Ty's way of combating that is to not only leave them in for almost the entire thrid quarter, where they got slaughtered, but then also quickly reinsert them in the fourth, during a time that needed to be the teams last ditch effort to make a comeback! Seriously!?!?!?

Harpring asked at the end of the game (paraphrasing), "why can't the team play with this kind of urgency for the whole game instead of waiting until the end to attempt a heroic comeback". To answer ........ IT'S CAUSE THE GUYS THAT MAKE THOSE EFFORTS (Carroll & Evans specifically) CAN'T GET INTO THE GAME UNTIL THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS LAY IT ALL ON THE LINE FOR THE LAST COUPE MINUTES! Damn Ty, you're killing the team!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:46 am

zero24gravity wrote:

The players are the one's who have to make the plays... I get it. The Jazz PLAYERS got outworked, outhustled & outplayed. Ty can't force them to take better shots & stay in front of their man on defense. But, what he CAN do is not watch a close game at the half, explode to a big lead in the third without making any of the players accountable by yanking them out of the game. Mo got killed by the slowest PG he will see all year, Andre Miller. Dude just kept running by him. (Al's D was, well ... Al's typical D.) Foye & Mo were terrible all night long, so Ty's way of combating that is to not only leave them in for almost the entire thrid quarter, where they got slaughtered, but then also quickly reinsert them in the fourth, during a time that needed to be the teams last ditch effort to make a comeback! Seriously!?!?!?

Harpring asked at the end of the game (paraphrasing), "why can't the team play with this kind of urgency for the whole game instead of waiting until the end to attempt a heroic comeback". To answer ........ IT'S CAUSE THE GUYS THAT MAKE THOSE EFFORTS (Carroll & Evans specifically) CAN'T GET INTO THE GAME UNTIL THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS LAY IT ALL ON THE LINE FOR THE LAST COUPE MINUTES! Damn Ty, you're killing the team!

You know what even more interesting, the one time he actually tried benching guys, a few games ago when he sat Mo and Millsap, it worked famously, inspiring break out performances from both players.

When was the last time Big Al was benched for walking through a third quarter? If you are going to single out Millsap (and his supposed "foul trouble") for being benched to create "more energy" why not Foye, or Williams, or Jefferson?

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:53 am

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

You know what even more interesting, the one time he actually tried benching guys, a few games ago when he sat Mo and Millsap, it worked famously, inspiring break out performances from both players.

When was the last time Big Al was benched for walking through a third quarter? If you are going to single out Millsap (and his supposed "foul trouble") for being benched to create "more energy" why not Foye, or Williams, or Jefferson?

I'll single out Al. I'll single out any effing player, this team is barely keeping it's head above water!!! When you go up against a team with a better offense, you dont try to outscore them!! You defend them!! Every coach I ever had said it: defense wins championships. Every one, every sport. But no, Ty plays Al/Foye to death, and trots out Tinsley. TINSLEY!!!! It's EMBARRASSING. Those Nugs last night were LAUGHING at this team, literally laughing as Koufos grabbed the most boards, and 38yr old Andre outplayed everyone. WHY IS BURKS NOT GETTING MINUTES??!!

Ty is seriously brain dead. He makes no sense, it IS time for panicking, and he's depending on non-defending guys, slow as shit guys, and guys who dont have urgency.

You know who would have given the Nugs a run for their money?? Burks/DC/Gordo/Paul/Fav. THAT unit would make the Nugs work. But nooooooooooo, lets just sit back and lackadaisically try and "run our sets" with Lumps.
Ty Corbin f***ing sucks. He is the WCOY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TYRONE CORBIN   FIRE TYRONE CORBIN - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FIRE TYRONE CORBIN
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3