Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Official game 4 thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official game 4 thread

Go down 
+11
Richardale
shelley_utahjazzfan
jazzbo
dongibby
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
Romoholic
aliveandkickin
Saint Louis
The Voice of Reason
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Official game 4 thread Empty
PostSubject: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:52 pm

I just wanted to create a sticky. Any thoughts/predictions for the final game of the year? Or will they squeak one out? I think San Antonio wraps it up.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:11 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I just wanted to create a sticky. Any thoughts/predictions for the final game of the year? Or will they squeak one out? I think San Antonio wraps it up.

Unless we get the big lineup in early, I think it's a sweep.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:42 pm

The only way the Jazz win this game, in my opinion, is if San Antonio lets their foot of the gas...which I don't see happening. San Antonio smells blood, and the Jazz are not a mature enough team psychologically to win this one.

As for the "big 3", I don't really know if that is the answer against this team. Jefferson has been abused on defense against the pick & roll and Millsap has been non-existent in this series. Favors, on the other hand, has been a beast. He needs to start and not come out of the game unless he is in foul trouble.

The only way they even keep it close is if Corbin rides the hot hand, despite how that person fits into his rote rotations, and frankly I just don't see that happening. At least, he hasn't given us any reason to hope for that.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:59 am

Gotta hit free throws at a high %. Low turnovers and more offensive boards.

Two of the three games the Jazz went into the fourth quarter in striking distance. I like all the experience the Jazz, and Corbin, are getting. I'll be interested to see if Corbin goes away from Big Al's offense since that matchup isn't working. Post Hayward and Favors more often and run, run , run.......
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:06 am

I'm glad to see you guys are taking it upon yourselves to create the games stickies!

I hate to say it, but I think the series is getting wrapped up. SA is just too good for the Jazz this season. Looks like Corbin is gonna start Favors though. Too little too late, but all in all it shows the Jazz what they need to work on for next season. Maybe they can steal some ideas from the Spurs. The Spurs took there modus operandi from the Jazz of the 90s. We should return the favor.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:19 am

Nahhhh, you know what, Utah is going to win this game, and I'll tell you why: Paul Millsap. Our most important player, not sure why, has not shown this series, and this team desperately needs him for victories. After going 0-3, Millsap will show.
Even Devin and Al showed last game, but no victories happen against the Spurs without Paul.

I dont think Favors will start, but if he did, at least it would be at Howards expense finally. I still prefer to see DC start, and Favors just get 32+ minutes.

What I want to happen is see DC start, Favors be the first off the bench, and Burks the second off the bench. After that, Tinsley to spell Devin and keep it at that 8man rotation. Maybe Kanter for some big man minutes actually, but I think he needs to be in there when Splitter is. Duncan is just too smart for our lil baby boy....And keep it there. Play those guys with Al, Paul, GH etc. Dont just make it 5 starters and then 5 subs all the time. Play DC with the starters, so his hustle can work with the starters talent. Same with Burks; play him with Paul/Al/GH so that his scoring and quickness accentuates the "starting" talent. Burks speed is awesome when combined with guys who can get him the ball. When he's out there with Kanter vs Paul, Burks isn't going to receive those nice passes off cuts, you know? Thats what I'd like to see happen.

What I think will happen, is Ty is going to cringe, but actually start Favors. I personally dont think thats the answer, but.....beggers can't be choosers Smile So Favors starts, Howard gets pissed, and Burks comes off the bench first. Not too bad, but will be interesting.
Bottom line on game four, is Utah irritates the Spurs by winning. Paul finally shows, Al has one of his standard good games, Favors does another double double with some blocks, and Ty actually lets the lease off of Burks who goes for double digits. Oh, and Gordon bounces back and hits some shots. All that will combine for a game 4 victory, which will be a bit fun at least, heh.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:26 am

Mutangclan wrote:
What I want to happen is see DC start, Favors be the first off the bench, and Burks the second off the bench. After that, Tinsley to spell Devin and keep it at that 8man rotation. Maybe Kanter for some big man minutes actually, but I think he needs to be in there when Splitter is. Duncan is just too smart for our lil baby boy....And keep it there. Play those guys with Al, Paul, GH etc. Dont just make it 5 starters and then 5 subs all the time. Play DC with the starters, so his hustle can work with the starters talent. Same with Burks; play him with Paul/Al/GH so that his scoring and quickness accentuates the "starting" talent. Burks speed is awesome when combined with guys who can get him the ball. When he's out there with Kanter vs Paul, Burks isn't going to receive those nice passes off cuts, you know? Thats what I'd like to see happen.

Sadly, Al has also been ineffective & outmatched by Splitter as well as Duncan. Al got his points in the last game, but still had nothing going inside & his defense was nothing to brag about. Al needs to play hard inside & get to the damn free throw line.

Honestly, I've been happy with Al most of the season. In comparison to last season; he's passed better, played better D, and been more aggressive going to the basket for most of the year. However, in this series he's done more harm than good.

If Al isn't helping the team, then let the youg guys go play despite the score. I'd rather lose with the young guys getting experience, than watch the vets (Harris, Al, Howard & even Millsap) play half-a**ed.

With all that said, I'm expecting a solid effort tonight. GO JAZZ!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:15 am

Here's what I'd like to see...

Favors starting instead of Howard.

Burks as the first guy off the bench and playing 25+ minutes.

Hayward playing some PG. (no kidding, he's been the best PG on the team in this series, might as well play him there)

Jefferson playing the fewest minutes of the big 3 instead of the most.

That's not too much to ask...is it?

I have been super dissapointed in big Al this series. I have had to cut him a little slack, because I think San Antonio, probably more than any other team, has both the coaching and the talent to expose his weaknesses like nobody else. But make no mistake, they have exposed him, like a team of surgeons they have cut him up and laid him open. They go at him almost every single time they have the opportunity and almost every time they get exactly what they want. It blows me away how bad he is at defending the pick and roll. It's truly, stunningly, bad.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:35 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Here's what I'd like to see...

Favors starting instead of Howard.

Burks as the first guy off the bench and playing 25+ minutes.

Hayward playing some PG. (no kidding, he's been the best PG on the team in this series, might as well play him there)

Jefferson playing the fewest minutes of the big 3 instead of the most.

That's not too much to ask...is it?

I have been super dissapointed in big Al this series. I have had to cut him a little slack, because I think San Antonio, probably more than any other team, has both the coaching and the talent to expose his weaknesses like nobody else. But make no mistake, they have exposed him, like a team of surgeons they have cut him up and laid him open. They go at him almost every single time they have the opportunity and almost every time they get exactly what they want. It blows me away how bad he is at defending the pick and roll. It's truly, stunningly, bad.

I guess now we know how all the teams felt in the 90s. I remember teams always complaining about how good our pick and roll is and how hard it was to stop.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:45 am

Romoholic wrote:

I guess now we know how all the teams felt in the 90s. I remember teams always complaining about how good our pick and roll is and how hard it was to stop.

Ya, there is definitely some truth to that. And when it comes right down to it the big difference here isn't that the Spurs are playing better offensively than they did during the season (or the Jazz worse defensively for that matter), they have been right about their season averages offensively in this series, it's that they are shutting down the Jazz defensively while doing what they always do offensively.

The Jazz have been abysmal offensively.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Favors officially staring with Al and Paul. Howard on the bench. It's a start. Lets hope that Burks is the first off the bench too.
Tonight will be fun to watch at least.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Favors officially staring with Al and Paul. Howard on the bench. It's a start. Lets hope that Burks is the first off the bench too.
Tonight will be fun to watch at least.

I'm not really convinced it will make much of a difference at this point in the series. Maybe if Favors had been starting from game one or at least getting starter minutes. Oh well Favors is officially a starting center in the NBA. No going back now. This is the start of an all star career and god willing a HOF career!
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:27 pm

It's not out of the question for the Jazz to win this next game but it will be very hard for them to pull it off, the Spurs are showing why they finished the season at the top of the league in wins along with the Bulls. I just want to see the Jazz young guys give it their best effort when they are on the floor, if they end up losing this game I will be OK with it just as long as they leave everything they got on the court trying to win the game.

There are 3 things that I have seen in these game's that are making me excited for the future of the Jazz they are Favors's,Burk's and Hayward's play, I have seen enough from their play that has shown me what they could be in the future. The Jazz has done a very good job when they picked up these 3 guys IMO I think with Milsap and these 3 guys the Jazz are in good shape going forward now they need to go out and find players that will fill their needs at the PG and Wing position.

If the success of these 3 players are any indication of the kind of players the Jazz are going to go after then I am confident that they will find the kind of players this team needs to be real contenders in the coming years. I am as excited and I have ever been about where this team is going and how they are going to get there as I have ever been with a Jazz team, this is what makes me such a big fan of theirs because somehow they seem to be able to keep this a winning franchise year after year there is not too many team's that can say anything like this in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:47 pm

dongibby wrote:
It's not out of the question for the Jazz to win this next game but it will be very hard for them to pull it off, the Spurs are showing why they finished the season at the top of the league in wins along with the Bulls. I just want to see the Jazz young guys give it their best effort when they are on the floor, if they end up losing this game I will be OK with it just as long as they leave everything they got on the court trying to win the game.

There are 3 things that I have seen in these game's that are making me excited for the future of the Jazz they are Favors's,Burk's and Hayward's play, I have seen enough from their play that has shown me what they could be in the future. The Jazz has done a very good job when they picked up these 3 guys IMO I think with Milsap and these 3 guys the Jazz are in good shape going forward now they need to go out and find players that will fill their needs at the PG and Wing position.

If the success of these 3 players are any indication of the kind of players the Jazz are going to go after then I am confident that they will find the kind of players this team needs to be real contenders in the coming years. I am as excited and I have ever been about where this team is going and how they are going to get there as I have ever been with a Jazz team, this is what makes me such a big fan of theirs because somehow they seem to be able to keep this a winning franchise year after year there is not too many team's that can say anything like this in the NBA.

As much as some Jazz fans like to bitch about KOC and the rest of Jazz management. They have to work in the confines of a small market team with limited finances. If you remember when they matched Milsaps offer for Portland they had to get a loan to cover the signing bonus. I wouldn't trade our management for any other in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
jazzbo
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Mag really hit the nail on the head about Big Al. He's been a bit of a dissapointment on both ends for me as has Milsap and Hayward. I share Mutang's optimism though and do think we put it together tonight (perhaps more of the big lineup). I mean, let's face it, we're dead in the water, but I say make em win it at home.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:06 pm

The Jazz will lose but I'll watch it anyway.

Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:47 pm

If we lose this game, and we will, I just don't want to lose it with Josh Howard on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Well this shit is just about to get out of hand. Howard better not step foot on the court again tonight.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:50 pm

WTF! Why did Corbin even call a timeout? He comes back with the same FN guys that were just getting destroyed.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:54 pm

I wanna see Harris, Burks, Millsap, Favors & Jefferson the rest of the way. Maybe hayward if anyone gets in foul trouble. Plenty of time to rest tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:38 pm

The Spurs are just too good.
Oh, and Hayward needs to be riding pine tonight.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Finally!!!! DC in the game instead of Howard!!!! GAWD!!!! Of course there goes Favors with 4 fouls......ugh.

Still, play the guys that hustle. Can't stand Howard going in gunning. Screws the entire offense up.
Other than that, Corbin has done pretty much what I was hoping for. Not shabby to watch. Lets see if the D is going to be better....
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:52 pm

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! DC!!!!!!! YES!!! ****** FINALLY!! He's making plays, getting physical!!!! F!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Look at the energy difference, F!! DC comes in, makes plays, and it's contagious. Everybody picks it up.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Missed the first half, but really enjoying watching these guys play so far in the third. It's a shame we can't throw it in the ocean, we'd be winning this thing by 10. Just can't buy a jump shot, nobody except Jefferson anyways.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official game 4 thread   Official game 4 thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official game 4 thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next