The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!
 
HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Pacers Knicks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter


Posts : 268
Points : 353
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Pacers Knicks   Mon May 06, 2013 8:18 am

I said before the series Indy in 5. (I posted it on my facebook.) I dont get the fascination with the Knicks. Yes, they had the 2nd best record in the East, but they just aren't good.

Especially in this matchup. The Pacers IMO are a matchup nightmare for the Knicks. The Knicks were last in assists in the league meaning they do a lot of iso ball. Melo and Smith are the 2 main components.

Melo is great midrange. He loves to get it almost in the high post area and go from there. However, in this series he has a 6-10 wing defender going up against him. Paul George is very athletic for his size. I felt like Melo was exposed in the series against Boston. He will become even more exposed in this series.

Saying that I thought he had a descent game one. He did the smal things like getting 11 boards. That is my big pet peeve. He scores, but does nothing else. Him, and George Kar fought about this during his time in Denver.

Yes, he scores, but he is a rich man's Jamal Crawford. Crawford before this season, was a high volume low efficiency scorer. Interesting stat. Since 79-80 there have been 38 times in the playoffs someone has averaged over 20 points in the playoffs, and shot under 40%. Melo has done this 4 times including this season.

Now, the Knicks could get by with their inept offense against Boston because Boston couldnt score either. Now, the Pacers have more weapons. The Pacers had 5 or 6 guys score in double figures in game one. (Id have to go recheck that, but im too lazy right now.)

For the Knicks outside of Smith and Melo, they have very little scoring. The Pacers size helps against these 2 also. PG can not shut down, but do a really good job on whichever of those 2 he is guarding.

If I am the Knicks though here is my adjustment after game 1. Im running more pick and rolls with chandler. This helps in 2 ways. Chandler like Favors can finish on the move pretty well. Chandler needs to get more involved.

P&R with chandler also gets hibbert out of the lane. If he does not come out, felton/melo have a head of steam going at hibbert. If they are coming from the top of the key, it gives them 2 ways to go. If they drive baseline, they really only have 1 direction.

When Melo gets it in the high post he has no advantage. The reason why Malone was so great was because Stockton got him the ball on the P&R with the advantage, wherever Malone was going. Getting them on the move more should help. THen again like I said they were last in assists, so they dont do that all that much, but I would like to see it more from them. Especially with chandler doing the P&R or even Melo rolling.

Last matchup advantage the Pacers have is size. They dictated the matchups, and Woodson has already hinted that KMart will get more PT. The Knicks were hoping to play Melo at the 4 and go small against west and hibbert. The Pacers outrebounding the Knicks is forcing the Knicks to go with KMart. I felt like the Knicks were a great matchup for the Pacers, even before the series. Now, with the Pacers dictating the matchups even more, this will be a very very quick series.

BTW Reggie Miller is doing game 2. Who else is hoping Reggie flashes a choke sign at Spike Lee, just for old times sake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romoholic
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1090
Points : 1284
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 43
Location : Layton, Utah

PostSubject: Re: Pacers Knicks   Mon May 06, 2013 11:55 am

therawns wrote:
I said before the series Indy in 5. (I posted it on my facebook.) I dont get the fascination with the Knicks. Yes, they had the 2nd best record in the East, but they just aren't good.

Especially in this matchup. The Pacers IMO are a matchup nightmare for the Knicks. The Knicks were last in assists in the league meaning they do a lot of iso ball. Melo and Smith are the 2 main components.

Melo is great midrange. He loves to get it almost in the high post area and go from there. However, in this series he has a 6-10 wing defender going up against him. Paul George is very athletic for his size. I felt like Melo was exposed in the series against Boston. He will become even more exposed in this series.

Saying that I thought he had a descent game one. He did the smal things like getting 11 boards. That is my big pet peeve. He scores, but does nothing else. Him, and George Kar fought about this during his time in Denver.

Yes, he scores, but he is a rich man's Jamal Crawford. Crawford before this season, was a high volume low efficiency scorer. Interesting stat. Since 79-80 there have been 38 times in the playoffs someone has averaged over 20 points in the playoffs, and shot under 40%. Melo has done this 4 times including this season.

Now, the Knicks could get by with their inept offense against Boston because Boston couldnt score either. Now, the Pacers have more weapons. The Pacers had 5 or 6 guys score in double figures in game one. (Id have to go recheck that, but im too lazy right now.)

For the Knicks outside of Smith and Melo, they have very little scoring. The Pacers size helps against these 2 also. PG can not shut down, but do a really good job on whichever of those 2 he is guarding.

If I am the Knicks though here is my adjustment after game 1. Im running more pick and rolls with chandler. This helps in 2 ways. Chandler like Favors can finish on the move pretty well. Chandler needs to get more involved.

P&R with chandler also gets hibbert out of the lane. If he does not come out, felton/melo have a head of steam going at hibbert. If they are coming from the top of the key, it gives them 2 ways to go. If they drive baseline, they really only have 1 direction.

When Melo gets it in the high post he has no advantage. The reason why Malone was so great was because Stockton got him the ball on the P&R with the advantage, wherever Malone was going. Getting them on the move more should help. THen again like I said they were last in assists, so they dont do that all that much, but I would like to see it more from them. Especially with chandler doing the P&R or even Melo rolling.

Last matchup advantage the Pacers have is size. They dictated the matchups, and Woodson has already hinted that KMart will get more PT. The Knicks were hoping to play Melo at the 4 and go small against west and hibbert. The Pacers outrebounding the Knicks is forcing the Knicks to go with KMart. I felt like the Knicks were a great matchup for the Pacers, even before the series. Now, with the Pacers dictating the matchups even more, this will be a very very quick series.

BTW Reggie Miller is doing game 2. Who else is hoping Reggie flashes a choke sign at Spike Lee, just for old times sake.

Reggie should be doing every game in this series. He isn't that great calling games, but those series in the 90s were so much to watch. That was back when the NBA was exciting and fun to watch. I use to watch many game that weren't Jazz games. Now I only watch other teams in the playoffs.

Back to this series though. I don't really think the Knicks have much of a chance to beat the pacers in the series. They Pacers strengths play to the Knicks weakness's. To be honest, I have never been convinced of the Knicks being that good anyway.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jazznation.forumotion.com
therawns
Starter


Posts : 268
Points : 353
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Pacers Knicks   Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:
I said before the series Indy in 5. (I posted it on my facebook.) I dont get the fascination with the Knicks. Yes, they had the 2nd best record in the East, but they just aren't good.

Especially in this matchup. The Pacers IMO are a matchup nightmare for the Knicks. The Knicks were last in assists in the league meaning they do a lot of iso ball. Melo and Smith are the 2 main components.

Melo is great midrange. He loves to get it almost in the high post area and go from there. However, in this series he has a 6-10 wing defender going up against him. Paul George is very athletic for his size. I felt like Melo was exposed in the series against Boston. He will become even more exposed in this series.

Saying that I thought he had a descent game one. He did the smal things like getting 11 boards. That is my big pet peeve. He scores, but does nothing else. Him, and George Kar fought about this during his time in Denver.

Yes, he scores, but he is a rich man's Jamal Crawford. Crawford before this season, was a high volume low efficiency scorer. Interesting stat. Since 79-80 there have been 38 times in the playoffs someone has averaged over 20 points in the playoffs, and shot under 40%. Melo has done this 4 times including this season.

Now, the Knicks could get by with their inept offense against Boston because Boston couldnt score either. Now, the Pacers have more weapons. The Pacers had 5 or 6 guys score in double figures in game one. (Id have to go recheck that, but im too lazy right now.)

For the Knicks outside of Smith and Melo, they have very little scoring. The Pacers size helps against these 2 also. PG can not shut down, but do a really good job on whichever of those 2 he is guarding.

If I am the Knicks though here is my adjustment after game 1. Im running more pick and rolls with chandler. This helps in 2 ways. Chandler like Favors can finish on the move pretty well. Chandler needs to get more involved.

P&R with chandler also gets hibbert out of the lane. If he does not come out, felton/melo have a head of steam going at hibbert. If they are coming from the top of the key, it gives them 2 ways to go. If they drive baseline, they really only have 1 direction.

When Melo gets it in the high post he has no advantage. The reason why Malone was so great was because Stockton got him the ball on the P&R with the advantage, wherever Malone was going. Getting them on the move more should help. THen again like I said they were last in assists, so they dont do that all that much, but I would like to see it more from them. Especially with chandler doing the P&R or even Melo rolling.

Last matchup advantage the Pacers have is size. They dictated the matchups, and Woodson has already hinted that KMart will get more PT. The Knicks were hoping to play Melo at the 4 and go small against west and hibbert. The Pacers outrebounding the Knicks is forcing the Knicks to go with KMart. I felt like the Knicks were a great matchup for the Pacers, even before the series. Now, with the Pacers dictating the matchups even more, this will be a very very quick series.

BTW Reggie Miller is doing game 2. Who else is hoping Reggie flashes a choke sign at Spike Lee, just for old times sake.

Reggie should be doing every game in this series. He isn't that great calling games, but those series in the 90s were so much to watch. That was back when the NBA was exciting and fun to watch. I use to watch many game that weren't Jazz games. Now I only watch other teams in the playoffs.

Back to this series though. I don't really think the Knicks have much of a chance to beat the pacers in the series. They Pacers strengths play to the Knicks weakness's. To be honest, I have never been convinced of the Knicks being that good anyway.

I agree I miss the old days. Trash talking, physical play, rivalries. Too much buddy buddy going on now, and any foul in the lane is a flagrant. Oakley, Xman, or Mason wouldnt last 5 minutes in the league today.

NY has the most overrated player I have possibly ever seen. They are not a good team. In the west, they are a first round out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Louis
Starter


Posts : 382
Points : 473
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Pacers Knicks   Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 am

The Knicks AREN'T that good. But, I'm giving them 6 games to lose it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollificus
All Star
avatar

Posts : 553
Points : 684
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-05-03
Age : 98
Location : Sugarhouse

PostSubject: Re: Pacers Knicks   Tue May 14, 2013 12:37 am

LOL. Yeah, 5 games or 6, the Knicks are going down. And that's great.

What I especially like about it (and yes, this is mean-spirited to the max), is that they've had just enough success this year that Dolan and the delusional Knicks fan base and Mr. Overrated himself will take it as evidence that "we're headed in the right direction!". But I'm almost certain that's not true, and that this is their peak!.

They'll be following that Melo Train down the track to several years' worth of first-round playoff exits, awww yeah.

Now, if somehow Jimmy Buss can retain operational control of the Lakers, my cup of schadenfreude just might runneth over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
therawns
Starter


Posts : 268
Points : 353
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Pacers Knicks   Wed May 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Trollificus wrote:
LOL. Yeah, 5 games or 6, the Knicks are going down. And that's great.

What I especially like about it (and yes, this is mean-spirited to the max), is that they've had just enough success this year that Dolan and the delusional Knicks fan base and Mr. Overrated himself will take it as evidence that "we're headed in the right direction!". But I'm almost certain that's not true, and that this is their peak!.

They'll be following that Melo Train down the track to several years' worth of first-round playoff exits, awww yeah.

Now, if somehow Jimmy Buss can retain operational control of the Lakers, my cup of schadenfreude just might runneth over.

Is this the last time that melo gets out of the first round? Think about it. He has been in the league for 10 years. THis is the oldest team in the league. (getting KMart, might have lowered their average age.) This team is capped out, and they wont be getting any great picks. I see this as the peak of the Knicks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 53
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: Pacers Knicks   Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 am

therawns wrote:
Trollificus wrote:
LOL. Yeah, 5 games or 6, the Knicks are going down. And that's great.

What I especially like about it (and yes, this is mean-spirited to the max), is that they've had just enough success this year that Dolan and the delusional Knicks fan base and Mr. Overrated himself will take it as evidence that "we're headed in the right direction!". But I'm almost certain that's not true, and that this is their peak!.

They'll be following that Melo Train down the track to several years' worth of first-round playoff exits, awww yeah.

Now, if somehow Jimmy Buss can retain operational control of the Lakers, my cup of schadenfreude just might runneth over.

Is this the last time that melo gets out of the first round? Think about it. He has been in the league for 10 years. THis is the oldest team in the league. (getting KMart, might have lowered their average age.) This team is capped out, and they wont be getting any great picks. I see this as the peak of the Knicks.

Someone was saying cp3 may be looking at knicks next year? Not sure it'll happen but if it does they could make some noise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pacers Knicks   

Back to top Go down
 
Pacers Knicks
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Rest of the League-
Jump to: