Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  So who is your team? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So who is your team?

Go down 
+10
Trollificus
TheMagnus
Richardale
therawns
dongibby
ptaz66
Saint Louis
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
Romoholic
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

So who is your team? Empty
PostSubject: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:06 pm

I thought it would be fun for everyone to say who their NFL team is and just as important why is it your team.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Man, I've been a long suffering Detroit Lions fan........UNTIL NOW!!! And it's about time......I was born and raised in Ann Arbor Michigan, and watched as Barry Sanders was drafted, and then took over the league, all while on bad Detroit teams. He was the greatest ever, and had he had the Dallas line like Emmett had.....well, I digress What a Face

Moving to Utah as a teen didn't change my blue and silver alliance, and now I'm the one laughing!!!! (Detroit NFC Champs 2012-13.....)
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:51 pm

I've posted this in the introductions thread, but will repost here:

Patriots fan since 1985 (first ever football game I watched was the 1985 Superbowl .... guess I'm a sucker for the underdog), and the Lions since 1989, the year that the great Barry Sanders joined the team.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Fortunately, or unfortunately, my team is the Miami Dolphins. I was very young when I started paying attention to the NFL, and I grew up in Florida when the only team in Florida was the Miami Dolphins. Fortunately, I followed the Dolphins through their undefeated season and their consecutive Super Bowl wins. Unfortunately, I've had to try to be a Dolphins fan for almost 40 years of fruitless Dolphins seasons.

Now that I'm in St. Louis, I'm trying to be a Rams fan, but that's really hard. I still root for the Dolphins and Tampa Bay since I have family down there. Mostly, since joining the TribTalk fantasy league, I root for teams that have my players.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:13 pm

[IME quote="Saint Louis"]Fortunately, or unfortunately, my team is the Miami Dolphins. I was very young when I started paying attention to the NFL, and I grew up in Florida when the only team in Florida was the Miami Dolphins. Fortunately, I followed the Dolphins through their undefeated season and their consecutive Super Bowl wins. Unfortunately, I've had to try to be a Dolphins fan for almost 40 years of fruitless Dolphins seasons.

Now that I'm in St. Louis, I'm trying to be a Rams fan, but that's really hard. I still root for the Dolphins and Tampa Bay since I have family down there. Mostly, since joining the TribTalk fantasy league, I root for teams that have my players.[/quote]

My favorite QB of all time is Dan Marino. Much like our beloved Stockton and Malone, he will never get his due as a result of never leading a team to a Superbowl victory.

My favorite teams have always been he Patriots and Lions, but for a good part of my childhood I also pulled for the Dolphins, Chargers and Buccaneers. Didn't really like Joe Montana's Niners and even more-so despised Elway's Broncos. Later on I found a new "least favorite" in Favre and the Packers.
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

PostSubject: Favorite teams   So who is your team? EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:07 pm

My favorite team is the Rams. I grew up in Utah where there isn't a team, so when my parents gifted me a Rams helmet they became my team. Then, I grew to hate the Broncos cause this was the only team the local TV station showed when I was young making it rare I ever got to see the Rams play. So I began cheering for the Raiders, who are now my second favorite team. I realize this means the upcoming season may be a little rough, but once I pick a team, I'm a loyal fan. Go Rams, Raiders and whoever is playing Denver.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Well, as I posted awhile ago I'm a huge Lions fan, I've died every year for about 25 years now with how horrible they are. Recently, we had some success and it has been the absolute best.

This off season, these young dumb Lions of mine, did some absolute bone-headed things, and it reached a point where brass and fans alike were wondering if the Lions needed to make a huge example of someone, lay down the law and get rid of someone who made such horrible decisions, stupid decisions. That was after Fairley got his DUI.
THEN!! Jonathan Berry goes out and gets his own DUI after that!!! How stupid could a player be???? The Lions are in the news, with everyone saying they're out of control, and this starting CB goes out and gets his own DUI after that. At that point, I thought they needed to just cut him. He was one of the better CB's we had, but cut him. Time to be accountable.

Well thankfully, Berry looks to have handled this situation now, all on his own brain-dead, "professional-athlete" way........effing moron just got arrested last night now for brandishing a firearm from a vehicle. UN BE LIevable. Truly, unbelievable, that level of stupidity. Even financially, what he'll lose, how are any of these pro-athletes this stupid?
I'm actually kind of glad. Now they will cut him. Garbage. And my Lions will see it, and most likely (ugh) everybody is the better for it. Or please god, at least smarter.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:29 pm

I am a Titans fan but I started out a Houston Oilers guy back before they moved and changed their name, I started to like the Oilers when Earl Campbell started playing for them I became of fan his watching him playing college ball for the Texas Long Horn's and I am still a big fan of Texas to this day. It was amazing to see him running the ball down the field with 5 or 6 guys hanging on him trying to take him down the guy was one strong dude he was a 1 man wrecking crew. I had a hard time being a fan after they moved to Tennessee but I still liked the players like Warren Moon and others so that kept me a fan it was even harder after they changed the name frpm the Oilers to the Titans but like others have said once a fan always a fan. But I have to say that after the move and name change the NFL was not as fun to watch to me and I started to like Basketball even more, I have always liked basketball more than football but even more so after the way things went down with the Oilers.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Well, as I posted awhile ago I'm a huge Lions fan, I've died every year for about 25 years now with how horrible they are. Recently, we had some success and it has been the absolute best.

This off season, these young dumb Lions of mine, did some absolute bone-headed things, and it reached a point where brass and fans alike were wondering if the Lions needed to make a huge example of someone, lay down the law and get rid of someone who made such horrible decisions, stupid decisions. That was after Fairley got his DUI.
THEN!! Jonathan Berry goes out and gets his own DUI after that!!! How stupid could a player be???? The Lions are in the news, with everyone saying they're out of control, and this starting CB goes out and gets his own DUI after that. At that point, I thought they needed to just cut him. He was one of the better CB's we had, but cut him. Time to be accountable.

Well thankfully, Berry looks to have handled this situation now, all on his own brain-dead, "professional-athlete" way........effing moron just got arrested last night now for brandishing a firearm from a vehicle. UN BE LIevable. Truly, unbelievable, that level of stupidity. Even financially, what he'll lose, how are any of these pro-athletes this stupid?
I'm actually kind of glad. Now they will cut him. Garbage. And my Lions will see it, and most likely (ugh) everybody is the better for it. Or please god, at least smarter.

At least you don't have anyone smacking their momma. At least Dez's deal is only a misdemeanor though.

Makes you wonder sometimes though. How can guys that work their whole life for something blow it because they can't stop being stupid and think they still have to be thugs.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Romoholic wrote:

At least you don't have anyone smacking their momma. At least Dez's deal is only a misdemeanor though.

Makes you wonder sometimes though. How can guys that work their whole life for something blow it because they can't stop being stupid and think they still have to be thugs.

Haha!! Yes, I shouldn't even laugh, that truly is pathetic. Makes you wonder how opposing teams are going to treat him on the field. Disrespecting your momma in the black community especially, is like a pedophile going to the prisons and how they handle that.

Amazing though isn't it? Truly, like one of the 8 wonders of the world.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Haha!! Yes, I shouldn't even laugh, that truly is pathetic. Makes you wonder how opposing teams are going to treat him on the field. Disrespecting your momma in the black community especially, is like a pedophile going to the prisons and how they handle that.

Amazing though isn't it? Truly, like one of the 8 wonders of the world.

Dez's Deal is kinda different than someone just smacking there mom though. She is a crackhead, former hooker and multiple felon. From the reports I have read he went to her house to tell her and his brother they were cut off. It went out of control. That's no excuse for slapping your mom, but It's not as cut and dry as a lot of people are making it.

She has taken advantage of him every since he sign his rookie contract. Dez has some problem, but it's not him out there being a Millionaire thug like a lot of guys!
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Gotta go with the home team Indianapolis Colts. Not just because they are the home team, but I had a HS basketball teammate, and graduated the same year, now on the Colts.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

As a fellow Lions fan (I didn't realize there was more than one Lions/Jazz fan), I feel your pain. They finaly put some talent on the field, and then they self destruct. If Barry were dead, he'd roll over in his grave.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 pm

ptaz66 wrote:
My favorite team is the Rams. I grew up in Utah where there isn't a team, so when my parents gifted me a Rams helmet they became my team. Then, I grew to hate the Broncos cause this was the only team the local TV station showed when I was young making it rare I ever got to see the Rams play. So I began cheering for the Raiders, who are now my second favorite team. I realize this means the upcoming season may be a little rough, but once I pick a team, I'm a loyal fan. Go Rams, Raiders and whoever is playing Denver.

cheers Rams all the way! way back to the youngblood days!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:25 am

Like a lot of people in Utah I was pretty much a bandwagon NFL fan for most of my youth, went from the Cowboys in the 80's to the Bronco's in the 90's to the Rams in the late 90's early 2000's.

But then after college I moved to the Pacific Northwest for a few years and settled on a team I will take to may grave, the Seattle Seahawks. Unfortunately this is sort of a dark time for me. I really liked Holmgren, and I'm not a huge fan of Carroll. He's a decent guy, I just don't really like his style of football and I think he makes some questionable personell decisions.

Still, GO HAWKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm from the Bay Area (east of East Bay, Concord/Martinez/Benecia), and was a tiny sprat when the Niners came to town, and it was a big deal. I was huge for the Niners through the Brody years (great teams, not good enough to beat the Cowboys though), and then through the dark years...

Another team caught my eye when I was a kid though. Because every time they played for years in the 60s, the Bears got into fights with the Niners, I grew to like them. And they sucked royally, year after year Didn't seem right, since Halas practically invented the NFL, but they were awful. Then I moved to the midwest (3 hours west of Chicago, in the Quad Cities), and from 72-78 got to see them every single week...and they got even worse.

Oh, the Abe Gibron years. Unbelievably awful. Totally disrespected. I remember them playing the Chiefs, when the Chiefs were all that...there's Hank Stram in his fine suit and nice haircut, and there's fat Abe Gibron in a dirty sweatshirt looking like he almost forgot there was a game that day. Hell, the refs used to laugh at them. And in the middle of it all, F'ing Dick Butkus, making all 11 offensive players regret they were winning, intimidating the refs, a complete madman.

And by then I was Bears all the way and wasn't even rooting for the 49ers when they were in their Montana/Young hayday. So when '85 came around and it was a no-contest, one-sided complete domination season...felt pretty damn good.

So I still kinda like the Niners and Bears and dislike the Broncos because they were shoved down our throats when we moved to Utah (never got to see the Niners anymore!). And I don't like the Raiders because that lame "mystique" is a load of crap. They are the ICP of the NFL, and not even as funny. I mean, a senile paranoid owner pushing a system that doesn't work anymore and cynical players just stealing his money...who can root for that?

And I root for teams that I saw getting better before other people did, but that's just selfish ego-boosting.

And I kinda like the Pats because they take winning so seriously and work so hard at it. And I always liked the Packers, win or lose (though I learned to detest Favre as others started to worship him), though that may have been bandwagoning since I was around when they really were the greatest team in the league...(this was tough, also being a Bears' fan Razz )
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Pretty awesome opening weekend, Packers looked average, Peyton looked Superbowl bound, out here in DC RG3 looked like the second coming of Jeezy Creezy, and my Lions and Stafford willed their way to a win.
Really can't wait to watch Sunday night football, Lions and 49ers in San Fran. Huge game to see where we're at. I think it might actually be a big ole upset. Lions showed nothing this week, but are one of the few teams that may get beat up, but can out-score the 49ers.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Pretty awesome opening weekend, Packers looked average, Peyton looked Superbowl bound, out here in DC RG3 looked like the second coming of Jeezy Creezy, and my Lions and Stafford willed their way to a win.
Really can't wait to watch Sunday night football, Lions and 49ers in San Fran. Huge game to see where we're at. I think it might actually be a big ole upset. Lions showed nothing this week, but are one of the few teams that may get beat up, but can out-score the 49ers.

Come on man! How are you gonna leave out the Cowboys dominating the Giants? The first time the SB champs have lost since the NFL started offering up a sacrificial lame for the SB winners on opening night.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Come on man! How are you gonna leave out the Cowboys dominating the Giants? The first time the SB champs have lost since the NFL started offering up a sacrificial lame for the SB winners on opening night.

Ehhhhhhh, because man, Giants dont even come to play until the playoffs!! They went 7-7 last year, then went on to win the whole thing in impressive fashion. Also, sorry Romo, but man, I just can't get behind ROMO.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Ehhhhhhh, because man, Giants dont even come to play until the playoffs!! They went 7-7 last year, then went on to win the whole thing in impressive fashion. Also, sorry Romo, but man, I just can't get behind ROMO.

You better just accept it. Cause that's you SB MVP this season!

Hah, a real fan....sounds familiar.
I actually just hit on a few things, not the most significant. I mean, really, I even left out that huge Arizona/Seahawks game......sorry Mag.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I actually just hit on a few things, not the most significant. I mean, really, I even left out that huge Arizona/Seahawks game......sorry Mag.

That's alright man, but there hasn't been a "huge" Arizona/Seahawks game since 2008.

And I really don't care for Pete Carroll as a coach. By all counts he's a great guy, but I don't think the Seahawks will ever be really good again untill he's gone.

That being said, I'm fully confident they will beat Dallas this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

That's alright man, but there hasn't been a "huge" Arizona/Seahawks game since 2008.

And I really don't care for Pete Carroll as a coach. By all counts he's a great guy, but I don't think the Seahawks will ever be really good again untill he's gone.

That being said, I'm fully confident they will beat Dallas this Sunday.

Yea, it took alot to not sound sarcastic, hah.

Agree on Carroll. Seems like he's got all the rah rah stuff down, motivation, pranks for the teams etc but.......that shhhhh only works in college. He seems to be a guy that just doesn't pay attention to the details. And in the NFL, you HAVE to be a details guy. I mean, calling that timeout when they didn't have one was ridiculous. Lucky the replacement refs didn't notice!
That would be sweet to beat Dallas, I'm sure they're looking right past them!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

Agree on Carroll. Seems like he's got all the rah rah stuff down, motivation, pranks for the teams etc but.......that shhhhh only works in college. He seems to be a guy that just doesn't pay attention to the details. And in the NFL, you HAVE to be a details guy. I mean, calling that timeout when they didn't have one was ridiculous. Lucky the replacement refs didn't notice!

My thoughts on Carroll exactly, I REALLY miss Holmgren.

This weekends game though, it is exactly the kind of game that the Seahawks usually win (home with the best fans in the nation, coming off a slightly embarrassing loss, playing a better team), and exactly the kind of game that Dallas likes to lose (road, sub-par team, getting lots of hype).
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:16 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

My thoughts on Carroll exactly, I REALLY miss Holmgren.

This weekends game though, it is exactly the kind of game that the Seahawks usually win (home with the best fans in the nation, coming off a slightly embarrassing loss, playing a better team), and exactly the kind of game that Dallas likes to lose (road, sub-par team, getting lots of hype).

Not this season! Dallas is straight up a better team and has had 10 days to prepare to go against a rookie QB. 28-13 Dallas!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:38 pm

I have no allegiance to either team so I"m going to say.........Seahawks. Sorry Romo, but I tend to agree with Mag on this being the exact kind of game they lose. And nobody knows how good that QB Wilson is yet. I think he shocks them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? Empty

Back to top Go down

So who is your team?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next