Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  So who is your team? - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So who is your team?

Go down 
+10
Trollificus
TheMagnus
Richardale
therawns
dongibby
ptaz66
Saint Louis
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
Romoholic
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

So who is your team? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
I have no allegiance to either team so I"m going to say.........Seahawks. Sorry Romo, but I tend to agree with Mag on this being the exact kind of game they lose. And nobody knows how good that QB Wilson is yet. I think he shocks them.

I can understand why you guys think that, but you don't follow the Cowboys enough to know the kind of off season they have had. It's never been about them being chokers or lacking heart or whatever other nonsense ESPN wants you to believe. It's always been about talent. They have revamped their seconday and it 10x better than it has been in many years. They have a very very good young RB.

Also over the last few years the Cowboys have almost always beaten the teams they were supposed to like the Seahawks. The games they tended to lose were games like last week against the Giants.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
I have no allegiance to either team so I"m going to say.........Seahawks. Sorry Romo, but I tend to agree with Mag on this being the exact kind of game they lose. And nobody knows how good that QB Wilson is yet. I think he shocks them.

I can understand why you guys think that, but you don't follow the Cowboys enough to know the kind of off season they have had. It's never been about them being chokers or lacking heart or whatever other nonsense ESPN wants you to believe. It's always been about talent. They have revamped their seconday and it 10x better than it has been in many years. They have a very very good young RB.

Also over the last few years the Cowboys have almost always beaten the teams they were supposed to like the Seahawks. The games they tended to lose were games like last week against the Giants.

Really?

So those losses @ 2-4 Philly (blowout) and @ 4-7 Arizona (OT) last year weren't games they were "supposed" to win?

I'm just busting your chops man, you might be right, but I do think Dallas has a fairly regular habit in recent history of dropping road games just like this one.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:04 am

I dont think it's so much about Dallas this week, as it is about the Seahawks. They lost a game they were supposed to win, the butterflies were probably going for their new young QB, but are now gone. And the Seahawks are hungry for this one more-so now, and it's at home. They're going to come out like gangbusters, and Dallas is going to have to put up a serious serious fight to win in Seattle.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 am

Just got 4 points and bet a coworker that Dallas will lose. 10 bucks will make me check the score
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:51 am

Well Romo, ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown guys have the upset alert on.........The Cowboys. So good luck! What a Face
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Well Romo, ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown guys have the upset alert on.........The Cowboys. So good luck! What a Face

yaaa, so is it really an "upset" when everybody is picking you to lose?

Gotta love the Cowboys, then never disappoint................anybody but their fans.

And who forgot to tell the Cardinals that they suck? Two solid wins in a row for them has the NFC West looking better than it has in...maybe decades.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:46 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

yaaa, so is it really an "upset" when everybody is picking you to lose?

Gotta love the Cowboys, then never disappoint................anybody but their fans.

And who forgot to tell the Cardinals that they suck? Two solid wins in a row for them has the NFC West looking better than it has in...maybe decades.

Yeah ****** the Cowboys..At least til next week. They came out and played like chumps. Is it wrong to wish one of your own players a career ending injury? Cause that's what I'm wishing of Felix Jones right about now.

I will take my crow guys. Same ole Cowboys Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:21 pm

My Lions only played one quarter today in San Fran, so I feel your pain.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Big win for my Rams. Plus we get the skins 1st round draft pick next year, so that was a plus!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Love to root against the Cowboys coming from long debates with childhood buddies about what would u rather have.. a 4/4 Steelers Superbowl team franchise or the Cowboys being 3 for 6 (or was it 3 for 7 at the time?) When the Steelers were 4/4 at the big dance. Now I have to endure Big Ben being an idiot off the field until recently. On the field I think he's great to watch.
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:01 am

My team is the Vikings, always has been and always will be. I just love it how we are labeled as rebuilding and fighting for a top pick when we just beat the 49ers when the packers and lions both failed to do so. But I'll say this to mutang. Nice to see a lions fan it shows that you have been one for a long time, I feel for yah having to endure all those long dreadful seasons, now if the lions can fix their off field problems and get a running back they can really be something in this league, and that franchise deserves to be something in this league.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Zoonie wrote:
My team is the Vikings, always has been and always will be. I just love it how we are labeled as rebuilding and fighting for a top pick when we just beat the 49ers when the packers and lions both failed to do so. But I'll say this to mutang. Nice to see a lions fan it shows that you have been one for a long time, I feel for yah having to endure all those long dreadful seasons, now if the lions can fix their off field problems and get a running back they can really be something in this league, and that franchise deserves to be something in this league.

Cowboys fans are getting to know that feeling too. Most fans under 30 can't remember the Cowboys being a SB contender. The only difference is we have a snake oil salesman for an owner that has us believe we are ready to win it all at the start of every season. I admit to falling for it every season. I guess I can just be thankful that I'm old enough that I got to enjoy the glory hole days, as Jerry put it!
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Yeah the cowboys are always talent packed but they have way too many character issues. Plus you have Tony Romo who looks like an elite quarterback until the game is on the line.

On another note I just have to say I love how the replacement officials took the win from the packers tonight. F the fudge packin cheese headin cry babies
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 am

Zoonie wrote:
Yeah the cowboys are always talent packed but they have way too many character issues. Plus you have Tony Romo who looks like an elite quarterback until the game is on the line.

On another note I just have to say I love how the replacement officials took the win from the packers tonight. F the fudge packin cheese headin cry babies

Ya, as a 'Hawks fan you hate to see a game tainted like that, especially one as hard fought as that, but you'll always take the win.

What a debaucle this ref thing is. I really think the palyers and coaches need to take a stand. If they feel like the lack of proper officials is effecting their ability to do their job (and they should, becasue it is) then they should refuse to do their job untill they have some decent officials. If the players staged a protest, like say, refusing to take the field. Even if it was just for a half an hour or so, one Sunday the NFLPA has their members show up to games, and simply refuse to take the field untill a half hour after scheduled kickoff... The NFL would settle this thing in a day.

Even more effective would be a boycot of fans watching football for a Sunday, that's a tough thing to organize though.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:48 am

Zoonie wrote:

Hah, yea, I can't believe I've survived this long. To show how sad it is, I remember making myself believe that Scott Mitchell, yes THAT Scott Mitchell was our long lost hope to team up with Barry finally.....sad sad sad. But!! We are ready to go. Got our 100yd rusher finally after waiting all last season and the first two games this year (achilles and suspension). Leshoure is going to balance the O out. Finally!
Crazy win for the Vikings though. Shocking.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Zoonie wrote:

Hah, yea, I can't believe I've survived this long. To show how sad it is, I remember making myself believe that Scott Mitchell, yes THAT Scott Mitchell was our long lost hope to team up with Barry finally.....sad sad sad. But!! We are ready to go. Got our 100yd rusher finally after waiting all last season and the first two games this year (achilles and suspension). Leshoure is going to balance the O out. Finally!
Crazy win for the Vikings though. Shocking.

That one good year that Mitchell had sure was fun to watch though. Herman Moore never had the career he should have had, since he never had anyone decent throwing the ball to him. Not sure that Leshoure is the real deal .... hope so.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:44 am

Big Ben and the seventh rushing defense against the best rushing offense and RG3 this week!!!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:24 am

So the Steelers handled RG3 and it looks like Dwyer can pound/run the ball effectively. The Giants up next, big game. With a slow start , and if they can pull this one off, I see them making a run at the division again.... Lovin the Wallace, Brown, Sanders combo with the receivers plus Miller at TE is having a big yr. Defense is starting to tighten up... still not confident about beating the Giants in their yard except if Dwyer can maintain his momentum and not have the offense one-dimentional.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:29 am

60 yr old Charlie Batch has to keep the Steelers afloat. Hope Big Ben comes back soon.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:51 am

Charlie Batch baby!!!!!! Pulls a big w over Ravens out of his wrinkled arsenic. Still in the playoff picture.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

How about those Seahawks? eh?

Not too shabby for a rookie quarterback and a Coach that acts like he's everybody's overly excited aunt.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:23 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
How about those Seahawks? eh?

Not too shabby for a rookie quarterback and a Coach that acts like he's everybody's overly excited aunt.

Not gonna lie. The look scary. The Seahawks haven't been relevant in forever, but NOBODY wants to have to play them in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 am

And the 'hawks are moving on! I might even be coming around to pete carroll.

atlanta is a tough draw, but I actually think they match up well, and I get the feeling that people almost expect Ryan to choke.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 am

I'm definitely a Redskins fan since moving out here (second to my beloved disappointers the Lions of course) and always pull for them as well. Watching that game was tough yesterday. My bet was that RG3 was finally released and showed all he could do in a tough Redskins win. We all believed that he was only hampered the week before by that bulky brace. Little did we know, his knee was loooooooose in there, still injured, and Shanahan may have done some dirty work...... Was so tough to watch!! I'm sure he'll be ok, and stronger than ever next year, but I think those pesky Seahawks lucked out with 60% RG3 out there. Not to say I was SURE the Skins would win, but I thought they would. Seattle is tough man, that defense and the dual ability of Wilson back there is rough to deal with, and I wouldn't pick against them next week, and I'm sure nobody wants to play them.
Is cool to see your team doing well Magnus, love some fresh air in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 am

I'm a Lions and Patriots fan, but I must say..... If it's not the Pats then I hope it's Seattle. I love it when an unexpected team makes a great run.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who is your team?   So who is your team? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So who is your team?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next