Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  AK or Kaman Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AK or Kaman

Go down 
+5
Mutangclan
Tarakaan
zero24gravity
Sampaguy
rorybreaker
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rorybreaker
6th man

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:46 pm

I can't imagine a scenario where Kaman helps this team in any way. I hear rumblings about him or AK, I could live with AK but I'll bet that would mean Millsap goes.
Anybody here take Bogut for some combo of Big Al, Millsap, draft pick, does his injury past scare you?
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:05 pm

rorybreaker wrote:
I can't imagine a scenario where Kaman helps this team in any way. I hear rumblings about him or AK, I could live with AK but I'll bet that would mean Millsap goes.
Anybody here take Bogut for some combo of Big Al, Millsap, draft pick, does his injury past scare you?

Wow, this makes little sense to me as well. Obviously Jefferson or Milsap would be gone if this happened..possibly trade Jefferson to shed his 14 mil? Not sure about this one..
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:32 pm

I'll take AK over Kaman and give the C/PF minutes to Kanter and Favors please.

Not really interested in Bogut either. I think he and Al are comparable IMO, but Al doesn't have an injury list 4 miles long.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Tarakaan
Rookie

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:33 pm

rorybreaker wrote:

Bogut is a legit C in this league. There are only a handful of them left in the game. He's 7'1, creative on offence, a beast when needed, a great passer (if not the best in the NBA from the 5 position), and one of the best shot blockers in the game. He is a game changer on both ends of the court. He would also compliment vertically challenged Millsap, Favors and floor bound Kanter better than Jefferson ever could. Bogut also earns less than Jefferson. I'd take this trade in a heartbeat. How nice would it be to have a true, defensive, seven footer on our roster . . .

and saying that, I wouldn't take Kaman for any more than the veteran minimum, and would prefer to take AK's versatility any day. I don't know why we would be interested in Kaman - UNLESS - KOC has something worked out for Jefferson that we haven't heard about yet.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
I'll take AK over Kaman and give the C/PF minutes to Kanter and Favors please.

Not really interested in Bogut either. I think he and Al are comparable IMO, but Al doesn't have an injury list 4 miles long.

Echoooooo......echo.......echo........
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 pm

I would take Kaman the guy is a true 7 footer who can do it at both end's of the court would make the Jazz a lot better team defending the paint no doubt about it. I think he bring's more to a team that Jefferson does for sure but I don't think I would trade Milsap to get him but Jefferson I would.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:42 pm

I have looked and can't find anything linking Kaman to the Jazz so is there any chance that you could post something that would show that the Jazz has interest in pursuing him I would greatly aprecate it.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:44 pm

dongibby wrote:
I have looked and can't find anything linking Kaman to the Jazz so is there any chance that you could post something that would show that the Jazz has interest in pursuing him I would greatly aprecate it.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/54436971-62/kaman-center-jazz-chris.html.csp
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
dongibby wrote:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/54436971-62/kaman-center-jazz-chris.html.csp

Thanks
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Can't imagine why the Jazz would pursue him unless Al is out the door. All he'd do is seriously cut into the PT of Kanter and probably Favors.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:19 pm

July 5 Nets Daily "Andrei Kirilenko sure looked like a Nets target back in May (long time ago!). After Deron Williams cheered on his former teammate at the Euroleague Final Four in Istanbul, Andrei and Masha Kirilenko hosted Deron and Amy Williams on a tour of Moscow that included all the local sights, including Mikhail Prokhorov, AK-47's former boss and friend. After Deron and Amy departed, Kirilenko told a Moscow reporter that the Nets and Jazz were "my top priorities" if he returned to the NBA.. Since then, Kirilenko has been training with Team Russia. This week, he told a Russian paper that he could still choose to stay with CSKA Moscow (who would pay him $3 million). More tellingly, he said his agent.

If we could get AK for five mill i'm all over it!!

Last edited by Richardale on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Richardale wrote:
More tellingly, he said his agent, If we could get AK for five mill i'm all over it!!

What?????
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Richardale wrote:
More tellingly, he said his agent, If we could get AK for five mill i'm all over it!!

What?????

lol. better?
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Richardale wrote:

Oh yeah, If we could get AK for $5 million, I would be all over it too.

I just saw this other website that says AK has until July 12 to make his decision official on whether to stay with CSKA. It also says "the Jazz still control AK's bird rights".

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/player/-/news/110124?q=-
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Richardale wrote:

I just saw this other website that says AK has until July 12 to make his decision official on whether to stay with CSKA. It also says "the Jazz still control AK's bird rights".

Lot of jazz fans my still be down on AK, But i think he still has a few good nba years ahead if he wants to be here. Jazz very well could put together and be in the top four with the little moves they've made. As for AK at 5 mill a year for three years would be a huge piece to the team. Win win. cheers
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Richardale wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Lot of jazz fans my still be down on AK, But i think he still has a few good nba years ahead if he wants to be here. Jazz very well could put together and be in the top four with the little moves they've made. As for AK at 5 mill a year for three years would be a huge piece to the team. Win win. cheers

As I said in a previous post. AK has committed to stay in Russia next season.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Crunchtime1
Starter

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Mavs sign Kaman for one year for 8 mill --- the German Reunion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--mavericks-reach-deal-to-sign-chris-kaman.html

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mavs sign Kaman for one year for 8 mill --- the German Reunion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--mavericks-reach-deal-to-sign-chris-kaman.html

Not enough for the Mavs to be contenders. Kaman is a nice player though.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 am

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 am

Saw that, and if AK is still considering the NBA, then we might not have as good a shot as BKN does, but definitely would have at least as good a shot at him as GSW does.
Question is, is he still a good sign? Too many players that need minutes?? Is that a stupid question, you never have too many good players???

AK coming on would probably be looking at 20mins a game or so, right? Hmmmm. I still would like for him to be on the team, but is it better to play your best players bigger minutes, or some pretty good players spread out with much less minutes? I dont know personally. I think I may lean more toward a bench player than AK now. Actually, idk. I change my mind, I want AK. Actually, wait. Yea, def dont know.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:20 am

Bogot david lee AK klay curry. healthy? Playoffs, Nor sure where but in the top 8.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:53 am

Richardale wrote:
Bogot david lee AK klay curry. healthy? Playoffs, Nor sure where but in the top 8.

And you didn't even mention H.Barnes. (Although AK is probably a long shot for them.)
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:53 am

I'm guessing GSW pick will be in the teens, would you trade for JF for a teen pick in a week draft this year? I know he's coming off a horrible year and people are low on he but i'd take the chance. Throw in watson and i think it helps a young kings team greatly.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:

So is AK available or isn't he?

It was my understanding from this report above that if AK wanted to come back to the NBA he needed to opt out of his CSKA contract on or before July 12. I never heard anything about him opting out after I posted that, so I assumed he was going back with CSKA. Of course the Fox Sports report could be wrong. Romo also posted earlier in this thread, on July 8, that AK had already committed to CSKA.

If he is available, however, and still has time to decide to stay with CSKA, I can't imagine he would be interested in playing in Brooklyn for 1.2 million dollars or for the Warriors for 2.4 million dollars --- what the Mercury writer above says those teams have to offer. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that his CSKA contract is for more money than that. Moreover, AK is a big star in Russia and is a big star across all of Europe. Why would he give up both money and fame to come back to having Deron Williams ignore him when AK is the first guy down the floor on the fast break?

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

So is AK available or isn't he?

It was my understanding from this report above that if AK wanted to come back to the NBA he needed to opt out of his CSKA contract on or before July 12. I never heard anything about him opting out after I posted that, so I assumed he was going back with CSKA. Of course the Fox Sports report could be wrong. Romo also posted earlier in this thread, on July 8, that AK had already committed to CSKA.

If he is available, however, and still has time to decide to stay with CSKA, I can't imagine he would be interested in playing in Brooklyn for 1.2 million dollars or for the Warriors for 2.4 million dollars --- what the Mercury writer above says those teams have to offer. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that his CSKA contract is for more money than that. Moreover, AK is a big star in Russia and is a big star across all of Europe. Why would he give up both money and fame to come back to having Deron Williams ignore him when AK is the first guy down the floor on the fast break?

That's what I read. I can't find the link now though. It makes no sense for him to go to NJ. He would make less money and have to go back to playing with Deron. You know the guy that called AK out in the media more than once confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AK or Kaman Empty
PostSubject: Re: AK or Kaman   AK or Kaman Empty

Back to top Go down

AK or Kaman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: