Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick

Go down 
+7
therawns
Richardale
outerspacefan
Nomo4me
Romoholic
TheMagnus
i[m]M.V.P.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick Empty
PostSubject: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Amidst the confusing draft lotto which took an hour just to determine the position of the raptors and the warriors, the unofficial word from Hollinger's source is that GS won the coin flip. Here's the twitter link.

shoot i can't post the link... just follow Hollinger.

Keep in mind that GS has a slight chance to be leaped frog. The official word will come within the hour.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Quote :

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
RT @gswscribe: SOURCE: GSW won tiebreaker and will be slotted No. 7. Warriors now have 72.5% chance of keeping pick

There is no justice in this world if GS keeps that pick.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 pm

I was just about to post this. I went over to a GS message board. They are celebrating like they just one the championship.
What a bunch of losers. One guy actually said that Jazz fans were on suicide watch! I guess he doesn't realize that we have a team full of young lottery pick AND we are in the playoff. What a joke of a franchise and fan base. Yeah that pick would have been nice, but It's a luxury for us not a necessity like it is for them.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Nomo4me
Rookie

PostSubject: Poor Bogut   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Doesn't yet realize he'll have to sit the last 8 weeks of next season as the Whorriers tank to keep their pick yet again.

I can hear their fans now - "Imagine how good we'll be if we lose enough games to keep our pick"
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 pm

The pick can still go Jazz way during the lottery...
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Just gonna be that much better when raps move into the top three pushing there arses into eighth place!!!! P.s Hi jazz fans! Thanks Roms
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 pm

28% chance that we get the pick in the lottery, those aren't exactly long odds.

That would be the ultimate crusher for the GS fans wouldn't it?

There all pumped and optimistic after they have been just crapped on for years and then, BOOM! byebye lottery pick... hello another 5 years of mediocrity.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Im not losing sleep over it. I keep thinking about how great Reddick would look in a Jazz uniform. I always thought the 8th pick was too much for him. I think Reddick for Bell (negative trade value) and the GS pick sounds about even. I always thought of this pick as a trading chip.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:04 pm

therawns wrote:
Im not losing sleep over it. I keep thinking about how great Reddick would look in a Jazz uniform. I always thought the 8th pick was too much for him. I think Reddick for Bell (negative trade value) and the GS pick sounds about even. I always thought of this pick as a trading chip.

Solid point. The pick is definitely an asset, especially since we have a huge trade exception to go with it.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:56 pm

I hate to wait years for the GS pick like we did with the NY pick. I would package it the the trade exception and make a trade.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I hate to wait years for the GS pick like we did with the NY pick. I would package it the the trade exception and make a trade.

Especially since the GS pick gets a little worse each year, doesn't it?
If it doesn't fall to us this year, I would like to see them trade it too.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:11 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Especially since the GS pick gets a little worse each year, doesn't it?
If it doesn't fall to us this year, I would like to see them trade it too.

If I'm not wrong I think it's top 6 protected next season.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Richardale wrote:
Just gonna be that much better when raps move into the top three pushing there arses into eighth place!!!! P.s Hi jazz fans! Thanks Roms

I think this is actually an excellent point Richard. Not only do we still have a 28% chance of getting it, but Golden State also has to hope that the Raptors or any of the other lower teams dont leap frog into the top 3.

I still like our chances!
Back to top Go down
Kenngo1969
Rookie

PostSubject: We're on suicide watch?   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:35 am

We made the playoffs, and just because we're an eight-seed, we're supposed to be on suicide watch? LOL! That's great! Now, if we did the equivalent of what Golden State's done over the years (several times), and traded away Favors, Kanter, Big Al, and Millsap for Andris Biedrins, a Subway sandwich, cash, and future considerations, then I'd be on suicide watch.

Fortunately, our GM's not nearly that stupid. Wink
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Richardale wrote:

I think this is actually an excellent point Richard. Not only do we still have a 28% chance of getting it, but Golden State also has to hope that the Raptors or any of the other lower teams dont leap frog into the top 3.

I still like our chances!

Lets hope things work out in the Jazz favor and some how they get this pick but these kind of things seem to always go against the Jazz but GS has Karma working against them so sooner or latter they will have to pay the pipper.

I like the idea of trading the pick if GS is able to keep it I think finding a Veteran who still at the top of his game would help more than a rookie, they need a PG or Wing that can knock down shot from the 3 point line and in who can also play D at a high level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick   GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick Empty

Back to top Go down

GS won the coin flip. They got the 7th pick
Page 1 of 1