Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Wondering... - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wondering...

Go down 
+9
ptaz66
Crunchtime1
aliveandkickin
TheMagnus
therawns
dongibby
Mutangclan
Romoholic
shelley_utahjazzfan
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

Wondering... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Trollificus wrote:
shelley_utahjazzfan wrote:
How did you all get so knowledgeable about basketball? Is it just an obsession? Did you play on a team? Do you coach it?

I just like watching the Jazz, but I don't know jack about the ins and outs of the game seeing as I'm an short female who never played on a team or anything. I can shoot pretty well, but that's about it.

I also want to know who chased Calgary away by erasing his posts?
Also how many posters have been banned if any?

When was Calg here?? Musta missed it. He shouldn't be run off by getting deleted or being banned. He should be run off by having a big glass of Vituperade (From concentrate!!) thrown in his face and told that every aspect of his argument/opinion, from the carefully misleading selection of facts to the deceptive misinterpretation of them and through to the gigantic category errors and logical fallacies he kludges together to construct his unwieldy and unreliable conclusions...is doo-doo.

At least that's how it went when he boycotted for several months after we got into it over Sloan and Kirilenko a couple years ago.

That was kinda harsh, my hot bald friend.

Why ya gotta hate on the haters who gotta hate?

Last edited by shelley_utahjazzfan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
You mean LittleE? Or was MiddleRoader not one of his many persona's? "Questioning" could have been him. I think that our new skiier may actually be a skiier impersonator, but that is the only other person that I can think of that could even remotely be considered "trolling" around here.

They are either different people or I've been masterfully trolled for the past couple years.

affraid
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:35 am

Rule number one (no, not always carry a gun): make sure you can find the answer to a question before you ask it.

I can't find a definitive answer to the starting point guard before Rickey Green... Feel free to paste a link or answer. This is important ppl!.... and we call ourselves Jazz fans.

Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 am

BTW, talking about debates on here...... Ever read one that went on forever (like on sltrib) and one person seems to have more logic, more facts, etc... You think "surely that's the end of the discussion" but NOOOOOO, somehow it keeps going on and on. The person getting his butt kicked just brings up a different angle to make his arguement valid...... I almost like reading those posts more than the "yup, I agree buddy" posts.. Heck, I DO like reading those more. It's like watching a magician that disappears then suddenly returns and I'm going "wow, he did reappear out of thin air."
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
BTW, talking about debates on here...... Ever read one that went on forever (like on sltrib) and one person seems to have more logic, more facts, etc... You think "surely that's the end of the discussion" but NOOOOOO, somehow it keeps going on and on. The person getting his butt kicked just brings up a different angle to make his arguement valid...... I almost like reading those posts more than the "yup, I agree buddy" posts.. Heck, I DO like reading those more. It's like watching a magician that disappears then suddenly returns and I'm going "wow, he did reappear out of thin air."

I saw a great internet thing I always wanted to try and trolled and trolled to get to work. I finally got into a discussion of whether or not the brain (as a physical organ) was 'mutable', i.e.: that it changed in response to physical inputs over time, or was it, once developed, physically static, at least with regard to external environmental stimuli. I was arguing the latter, from Pinker's book "The Blank Slate:" (wonderful book, btw) and finally trolled out this huge, arrogant, dismissive, fact-based and footnoted half-page response post from a guy. And I answered:

"no u r"

Needless to say, I won many internets with that response.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
You mean LittleE? Or was MiddleRoader not one of his many persona's? "Questioning" could have been him. I think that our new skiier may actually be a skiier impersonator, but that is the only other person that I can think of that could even remotely be considered "trolling" around here.

They are either different people or I've been masterfully trolled for the past couple years.

affraid

LittleE is currently driving everybody crazy on the Asshelmets board. lol. It's a good fit. Or, rather, he throws a good fit.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 am

Trollificus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

I saw a great internet thing I always wanted to try and trolled and trolled to get to work. I finally got into a discussion of whether or not the brain (as a physical organ) was 'mutable', i.e.: that it changed in response to physical inputs over time, or was it, once developed, physically static, at least with regard to external environmental stimuli. I was arguing the latter, from Pinker's book "The Blank Slate:" (wonderful book, btw) and finally trolled out this huge, arrogant, dismissive, fact-based and footnoted half-page response post from a guy. And I answered:

"no u r"

Needless to say, I won many internets with that response.

Ahahaha. Good Troll, great "lol" first thing in the morning.

and Alive, man, go find Calgary C, let him know, I'll be his Huckleberry.....
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Trollificus wrote:

At least that's how it went when he boycotted for several months after we got into it over Sloan and Kirilenko a couple years ago.

I was reading quite a few other Utah Jazz forums/boards... was nice to see that I am not alone on that subject and more and more people understand what was really going on with AK and Sloan. Stumbled upon D.Williams interview to Russian media during Olympics, he was asked why AK's production dropped in last few years with Jazz - surprisingly to me D.Williams answer was - "it had nothing to do with AK, he just needed change of scenery".
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:58 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

affraid

I'm pretty sure middleroader was one of littleelvis' Tribtalk names. Not certain, though. Whoever LittleElvis actually is, LE was sometimes capable of being rational-- I think LE ran a fantasy football league for at least two years. And, in personal correspondence and with the fantasy football, LE seemed to have it all together. However, on TribTalk LE, or who I think was LE, would post completely inappropriate images for any general forum and go off on tirades which basically shut down conversations.

If you remember, though, back in the early days of Tribtalk I used to complain to you about all the images you used to throw up that rarely had any relation to the posts, and you almost never wrote anything that would further the discussion. This was way before multiple posters (not you) started including really offensive pictures/graphics. You were nothing compared to the posters that seemed bent on bringing the TribTalk down.

Oops, sorry everyone, I just realized this is a Jazz forum, not a "What went wrong with the TribTalk forum." I'll "send" this so it can be read (otherwise I'll feel bad about spending the time to write it), but, this is a Jazz forum and we should use other venues to carry on this discussion. Carry on, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 am

Glad to see the antidote (CJ) to Jazz homerism is back posting here. Laughing Welcome back! That being said, I am more excited to see the Jazz play this year and to see what they can accomplish than I have been in a long time. Although the Jazz will continue to lose to some teams that they shouldn't lose to, I suspect there are going to be more surprise upsets over teams that are heavily favored than there has been the last couple of years. I know it is a tired cliche, but if they come in, play hard and play together, they have a shot at being competitive in nearly every game. JMO.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

affraid

I'm pretty sure middleroader was one of littleelvis' Tribtalk names. Not certain, though. Whoever LittleElvis actually is, LE was sometimes capable of being rational-- I think LE ran a fantasy football league for at least two years. And, in personal correspondence and with the fantasy football, LE seemed to have it all together. However, on TribTalk LE, or who I think was LE, would post completely inappropriate images for any general forum and go off on tirades which basically shut down conversations.

If you remember, though, back in the early days of Tribtalk I used to complain to you about all the images you used to throw up that rarely had any relation to the posts, and you almost never wrote anything that would further the discussion. This was way before multiple posters (not you) started including really offensive pictures/graphics. You were nothing compared to the posters that seemed bent on bringing the TribTalk down.

Oops, sorry everyone, I just realized this is a Jazz forum, not a "What went wrong with the TribTalk forum." I'll "send" this so it can be read (otherwise I'll feel bad about spending the time to write it), but, this is a Jazz forum and we should use other venues to carry on this discussion. Carry on, everyone.

SL, glad you caught your own bad self on the walk down TT memory lane,! I'll take this opportunity to give big KUDOS to Romo who busted the move to take the best of our old little chat room onward, creating a site moderated by respected community members and then invited all the old clowns, trolls, analysts, goofs, wannbe GM's, sinceres, smartie pants and regular fans to carry on with Romo's Golden Rule: No politics/social issues and be as respectful as is possible when sports is involved.

I come here to feed my closet Jazz addiction, (Montanan's don't get it or don't care about the NBA because you can't catch it during fishing season, shoot it during hunting season, or ski it in the winter, ergo, no conversation possible) and really, it's the Jazz after all, Utah connotations, all that, not a lot of fans out there. I kinda feel like this is a Jazz ex-patriot site, a home for homers away from home, no offense to you Utah resident/forum members. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wondering...   Wondering... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wondering...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2