Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  The official round 1 game 2 thread. Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The official round 1 game 2 thread.

Go down 
+9
TheMagnus
outerspacefan
Crunchtime1
The Voice of Reason
aliveandkickin
Saint Louis
Mutangclan
MTJazz
Romoholic
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

The official round 1 game 2 thread. Empty
PostSubject: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Here you go guys.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Here you go guys.
Well,that was weak and don't look to me to make it better. I have this, though.

Jazz need to show differently in Game 2 if they have a prayer for stealing one in San Antone. A freak game on the road where they come in on all cylinders. Otherwise SA is going to spank their ass for an 0-2 lead, just like the last ass-whupping.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm really freaking irritated that Howard is starting again instead of DC. We need a scorer off the bench that can get his own shot, and DC and crew had created some continuity starting out. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Maybe Corbin is planning on playing the starters 48 mins tomorrow.

Really though I want to see Harris come out and push the ball. Get up and down the freaking court. For hells sake don't wait until halfway through the 3rd quarter to put Favors, Sap and Al in together.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Romoholic wrote:

Really though I want to see Harris come out and push the ball. Get up and down the freaking court. For hells sake don't wait until halfway through the 3rd quarter to put Favors, Sap and Al in together.

I agree. Why not ride the Big Three pony harder and with more minutes together? Hard to second-guess a pro coach but at this point I would feature Favors until he fouls out alongside the mentioned. The Jazz will at best shoot average or slightly above from 15 feet and out on their best day, they will never kill you from there with these shooters. They can however get more layups, slams and general paint work done than they did in Game 1. If they have a chance its going to be because they got a better grip on Parker, (doubtful,) or they owned the paint on O and D. Plus, the bench has to at least keep it even this time. Tough team to beat, gotta bring the "A" game.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks, Romo, for getting the Jazz talk still talking about the Jazz. I'm not sure why we need this since the TribTalk is still up and running, but there's definitely more Jazz talk on this site than on TribTalk. The Tribtalk is still easy to navigate, so, I have to ask everyone why they find this site more appealing. (So, I ask all here that question.)

I'm posting on both sites. But, it seems that people are posting on this site the exact same stuff they would normally be posting on the Trib site. I really don't see how this is an improvement over the TrbTalk site. I gladly joined your site when you started it a year or so ago as an option if the TribTalk went completely down. But, the Trib site never went down, so I followed the Trib site. I don't mind too much following this Jazz fan site, but, I still feel the Trib site, as long as it is running, is a more appropriate forum. I may be wrong in my opinion, but, I think a forum tied to the major media newspaper of a given area should be the primary forum for our discussions. When we respond on TribTalk, the newspaper (the Trib and Deseret News) have immediate access to what their readers think. When we respond on this site, the media has to spend extra dollars just to get a pulse on public opinion. Newspapers, and, yes, even the Tribune, provide an extremely valuable asset to the public by focusing on what concerns their readers. Unfortunately, newspapers are getting pushed out of the market for reporting accurately the events of the day by sensationalistic "news" media that is unrestricted by any governing structure that validates the accuracy of their reports. More and more this results in people getting misinformation presented as fact.

I'm not at all trying to say we shouldn't be having these discussions on this forum. But, I think we could be having the same discussions on the TribTalk forum, and it would let all of us have the opportunity to remain active in non-sports related discussions.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:13 am

I like it here better. Wait and see, this place will have tons of people in a yr.

Anyone read David Lockes article about stopping Parker? I haven't yet but will go to it in a minute and post his thoughts.

http://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjazz/2012/05/01/podcast-nba-scout-on-jazz-v-spurs-and-guarding-parker/

The above is an interview with a scout on stopping Parker
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:45 am

Saint Louis wrote:

I'm not at all trying to say we shouldn't be having these discussions on this forum. But, I think we could be having the same discussions on the TribTalk forum, and it would let all of us have the opportunity to remain active in non-sports related discussions.

Biggest reason, is according to Mags forwards of the TT admin, the tribtalk is going down. Its current state is irritating to me personally. But if it goes down, its going to be pretty hard to get everyone immediately over to another site. Much better to get everyone on board gradually, until it's 100% filled with the Tribtalkers, and have this great site up and running. If TT all of a sudden shits the bed, then we're all screwed.
Sounds like it's inevitable that TT is going away, good we have this one now.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:48 am

MTJazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

they owned the paint on O and D. Plus, the bench has to at least keep it even this time. Tough team to beat, gotta bring the "A" game.

These two; Devin needs to come out and run his ass off. Then the big 3, and others need to own the paint. Even if scoring is tough, need to dominate on the glass. This team can do that. Defense and rebounding wins games, and this team can do both. Scoring will come.
Personally, I'd like to see Kanter get in there and drop the mic on the Spurs, grabbing every rebound that comes his way, in his minutes. Motivate his teammates...
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:10 am

I predict a 12 point loss.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:17 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I predict a 12 point loss. That is all.

The Las Vegas spread is Spurs by eleven and a half, so you are right in there. I think the Jazz beat the spread.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:23 am

Mutangclan wrote:
I'm really freaking irritated that Howard is starting again instead of DC. We need a scorer off the bench that can get his own shot, and DC and crew had created some continuity starting out. Ugh.

I agree with you, but I am desperately trying to look for some upside. I think this may be it: If I recall correctly, Howard played much better as a starter than he did off the bench, so maybe that could come in to play. Magnus probably knows where to check his play as a starter versus his play as a bench player. However, even if that has been the case, Howard could be rusty now. Hopefully, Howard will step up and have a great game.

Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:30 pm

There's only one way to beat the Spurs: You have to make your jumpshots.
If you do it, then three things happens: Spurs really have to actually play honest defense all the time, Jazz interior personnel have room to operate, and, last but not least, the Spurs will be forced more often than not to play their half court sets.

Make your jumpshots, that's the key. There's no way to stop them with an all-defense centered approach; they're just too talented and too darn well assembled.

And for all the pagan goddesses sake: make a hard foul or two to let them know you're there.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I agree with you, but I am desperately trying to look for some upside. I think this may be it: If I recall correctly, Howard played much better as a starter than he did off the bench, so maybe that could come in to play. Magnus probably knows where to check his play as a starter versus his play as a bench player. However, even if that has been the case, Howard could be rusty now. Hopefully, Howard will step up and have a great game.

Howard has shot the ball significantly better as a starter, and played significantly more minutes when he starts (28 vs. 18) , but his per minute production in all categories is pretty much the same. The problem is that he grew into that roll, and then he sat a month, so how far has he regressed? Is he January Josh Howard (not good) or is he February Josh Howard (not bad).

Howard is interesting because for the Jazz on the year as a whole it seems to make little difference how much he plays or whether he is on or off the court. Most guys either hurt you or help you, guys that are actually just average are pretty rare, but Josh Howard seems to be one of those guys this year. The Jazz are .500 when he starts and when he doesn't, his WS/48 and PER are a little below average.

Another way to look at it would be that there is little difference between him and DC or him and Miles or him and Bell (if you take Haywards minutes as a constant) in terms of production and wins when it comes right down to it. I don't think any of us would argue that if you are relying on any of those 4 guys to be the 2nd best guy in your wing rotation then you don't have the backcourt you need to be a contender.

So when you really step back and look at it, the more a Howard/DC argument seems like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Neither of those guys are really going to make a huge difference for the Jazz, and the chances that one of them will is about the same regardless of who starts.

The things that will make the difference is playing Millsap more at SF, Favors playing more period, and Harris playing like he can and should. That is what I hope to see tonight.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:52 pm

I agree the wing players are a liability no matter who starts. I think you just have to go with which ever one is having the better game. Our back court boarders on pathetic. I'm actually starting to come over to the camp that say's you have to trade Al for a quality sg. It doesn't matter how good our front court is if it's gonna be counteracted my a well below average back court.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:04 pm

It's just about go time!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:20 pm

You have got to be FN kidding me. I'm really starting to get pissed Evil or Very Mad . This game could be over by the end of the first quarter.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Harris is killing us! Bring Burks in with Favors and lets see what happens! Get Harris out
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:04 pm

ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISSING THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF!!!!!! Stupid work.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISSING THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF!!!!!! Stupid work.
Lucky.

That was probably one of the worst halves the jazz played all season. I thought Millsap was going to try and foul out at the end he was so frustrated.

Harris and Jefferson have been utterly awfull
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Well. Goodness. Historically pathetic display of playoff basketball. Has any team failed to crack 30 points at half time in the history of the league? Playing for some shred of pride the rest of the way and looking for redemption back in SLC. Awful, how demoralizing!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Not missing much. jazz are playing like they've been watching what the midia has been saying affraid These guys need to play big out of the gates at home for game 3. Other wise it'll be over in 4! One win could turn thing around but it looks like its gonna have to be at home.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Jazz down 25 at the half, pretty much every one of those points came at the expense of the starters....

Devin Harris -27
Paul Millsap -26
Al Jefferson -24
Josh Howard -24

Jamaal Tinsley +4
Derrick Favors +7

The Jazz made exactly 4 jupshots in that entire half.

Time to think outside of the box coach...

Back to top Go down
Mister 4x4
Rookie
Mister 4x4

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

I don't even think I can watch. I'm sure I'll hear all about the game at work tomorrow by all the Spurs fans. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Mark it down, big 3 lineup makes first appearance with 5 minutes left in th 3rd and the jazz down 32. Not really sure what coach Corbin was waiting for...

Jefferson is awfull tonight on both ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official round 1 game 2 thread.   The official round 1 game 2 thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The official round 1 game 2 thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next