Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Round 1 Game 3 Thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 Game 3 Thread

Go down 
+8
RookieJazz
The Voice of Reason
dongibby
zero24gravity
MTJazz
Romoholic
shelley_utahjazzfan
TheMagnus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Round 1 Game 3 Thread Empty
PostSubject: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Really a must win if the Jazz are going to avoid a sweep. These are the games when we find out what these guys are made of.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Quote :
Corbin admitted he needs to find more time for second-year big man Derrick Favors, who has been a difference-maker and especially on the defensive end. The Spurs went on their 20-0 run after Favors went to the bench in Wednesday's 114-83 blowout win.

Quote :
"It's been a roller-coaster ride for us all year. We've been through it," [Big Al] said. "We always find a way to bounce back. We've got one more bounce back in us."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765573635/Utah-Jazz-Corbin-stresses-execution-as-Jazz-prep-for-Game-3.html
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:22 pm

I am just at a loss to try and help Corbin explain why finding minutes for Favors seems to be so hard. Millsap has proven he can play SF, all of the Jazz other SF are playing like ass, what is the problem here?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Look at Magnus beating me to the game three sticky punch cheers
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:33 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
I am just at a loss to try and help Corbin explain why finding minutes for Favors seems to be so hard. Millsap has proven he can play SF, all of the Jazz other SF are playing like ass, what is the problem here?

Mysterious indeed. At this point start the Big Three and work Kanter in to spell Al as needed. If Favors doesn't get in foul trouble he can play 48 minutes for hell's sakes. I also like the idea of seeing Hayward at the 3 when Paul is resting with Burks at the 2 with Al and Favors. At this point you'd think Corbin's number one objective would be to have his best 5 players on the floor together as much as possible and make-up the bench rotation on the fly. Hot hand stays in no matter what or until they can't get back on D. No solving the PG problem unless Harris digs deep and salvages some pride
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Round 1 Game 3 Thread Favors
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:53 pm

It's really important for Al to get off to a good offensive start. If he starts by hitting his first couple shots, or at least 2/3, then I bet his defense gets better as well.

He needs to get closer to the basket. He's taking that one hand push shot from 2-3 feet too far away. If he doesn't start strong, then I really think Ty HAS to think about limiting Al's minutes & letting Favors give it a go.

I just feel like Jefferson's head isn't in it. The Spurs/the Playoffs have got in his head.

Either shake the cob webs or get outta the way Big Al!

On the other hand, Harris has to step up. He doesn't have a "Derrick Favors" that can come in & possibly play better than him. Tinsley has been nice, but no way he can physically keep up with Parker. Harris has the talent, time to use it.

Typically the playoffs aren't time to start trying to do things that your haven't done all year, but desperate times call for separate measures, so if Harris continues to be useless then maybe Burks should get a shot at Parker. Heyward can always play the facilitator role, so it's not 100% necessary for Devin or Jamal to be in there.

Also, here's another "desperate times" idea.... play Ahern a few more minutes & see if he can open up the floor for Big Al inside. He can obviously shoot and could be especially useful if Heyward is on the floor knocking down 3's. Give the Spurs a taste of their own inside/out medicine. Of coarse, I haven't seen anything that makes be believe Ahern can play defense, so his time on the court would have to be limited & well-planned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:11 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

There is no explaining it Favors needs to be playing big minutes if the Jazz want to win any games against this Spurs team, if Corbin does not play him heavy minutes mark my words they will lose again. There is no way Cordin don't see that Favors is the best defensive big on the team and is the best option to protect the basket against the Spurs or that the best team on the floor is when he play's the big 3 with Hayward the SG and if Harris in not hitting shots then Tinsley needs to the PG. If Harris is not hitting 3 pt shots or any outside shots then I think you have to play Tinsley more because Harris gives you nothing else when he's on the court if he can't hit those shot's. We have seen this team take step's in becoming a better team as the season went by now its time to see if Corbin can take that step in becoming a better coach.

Last edited by dongibby on Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:33 pm

dongibby wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

There is no explaining it Favors needs to be playing big minutes if the Jazz want to win any games against this Spurs team, if Corbin does not play him heavy minutes mark my words they will lose again. There is no way Cordin don't see that Favors is the best defensive big on the team and is the best option to protect the basket against the Spurs or that the best team on the floor is when he play's the big 3 with Hayward the SG and Tinsley the PG. If Harris is not hitting 3 pt shots or any outside shots then I think you have to play Tinsley more because if Harris is not hitting those shot's then he does nothing else for the Jazz when he's on the court. We have seen this team take step's in becoming a better team as the season went by now its time to see if Corbin can take that step in becoming a better coach.

Ya, Harris has been absolutely awful so far. And I mean really really bad. Worst on the team bad.

He has twice as many turnovers as assists and his total shooting percentage (pts/pos) is 35% (only Josh Howards is worse).

I think his play has had a much bigger impact than we have acknowledged. We talk about getting Favors more minutes and all that, but he's playing about the same as he played at the end of the season, and while nobody is playing particularly well Harris has been the guy who has fallen the furthest.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Redemption   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:30 pm

I am going on record right now...The Jazz will win Saturday night.
They will play much better at home, and Corbin is gonna make some adjustments.
I predict that Harris will be HUGE, as will Millsap. Hayward and Burks are going to play well
and Favors is going to get significant minutes.

Jazz by 8.

Back to top Go down
RookieJazz
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:48 pm

My prediction for game 3 is:

- Corbin will play the big 3 most part of time.
- In the End of 3Q Jazz will up by 10-12.
- Jazz will keep this up until the last 5 minutes.
- Then, Suddenly, Corbin pull Favors out and let Jefferson and Milsap on the court, with less than 5 minutes to go.
- Spurs make a 14-2 run and win the game with a Manu buzzer beater. Spurs by 2. No

Mark my words.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:22 pm

RookieJazz wrote:
My prediction for game 3 is:

- Corbin will play the big 3 most part of time.
- In the End of 3Q Jazz will up by 10-12.
- Jazz will keep this up until the last 5 minutes.
- Then, Suddenly, Corbin pull Favors out and let Jefferson and Milsap on the court, with less than 5 minutes to go.
- Spurs make a 14-2 run and win the game with a Manu buzzer beater. Spurs by 2. No

Mark my words.

Wow. Bold move to the hoop Rookie! I'll keep an eye on the next game and see if this rolls out. Kinda tragic don't you think?
Back to top Go down
RookieJazz
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:15 am

Of Course, It is not what I want to happen. I want Jazz to play Favors as much as Possible, including the crunch time, and I want a close win. But It is what I guess to happen.

Do you remember how many times Corbin pull out Favors from the court with less than 5 minutes to go, and suddenly Jazz have no answer in defense? I just think it will happen again, thanks that f****** Ty.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Where the hell was this Devon Harris in the first two games?

The big three is in already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Jefferson is getting abused on the pick and roll. Every time Parker and Ginobli get to the rim it is off the pick and roll, and every time it is Jeffersons man setting the screen whether it's Splitter or Duncan. Harris and Hayward are busting their butts to get around/under/through the screens but nobody can defend one on two.

It makes me sad how bad Jefferson is at defending the pick and roll.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm

I think I am developing a man crush on Favors.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Favors is a FN Beast Twisted Evil . Corbin should have been playing him this kind of minutes all series!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Favors is absolutely a beast. I hope this night is his coming out party. Wow, that kid has got it going on. Burks and DC looking good as well. Why does this not happen on the road?
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Jazz did a real nice job on the boards first half. Hope they can keep that up. They have been terrible on free throws, only going 8 of 16. Hayward is contributing on D and assists, but I hope he can start knocking down some shots from the field.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:41 pm

We have to get this game or the series is over! Lean heavy on Favors and Burks
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I hate it when Duncan outruns Jefferson down the floor!!!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Hey, I got an idea. Let's keep Burks on the bench since he was only 3-3 and seven points in seven minutes. Would have loved to see him starting at the 2 at the start of the second half. Of course, that would screw up the rotation and we know one never messes with an 0-2 hole, you just keep on doing the same thing Sad
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Yeah, that third quarter looked like low energy. Where were Burks and Carroll?
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Hayward is reverting back to the early days of the Hayward Watch thread, where he couldn't shoot the ball in the basket if his life depended on it. Calgary will probably be joining the new forum tonight. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Yeah, that third quarter looked like low energy. Where were Burks and Carroll?

Really was hoping Corbin was going to throw the auto-rotation out and ride the hot hands and impact players when they emerged. Favors cooled off during a long sit, Burks and DC nowhere to be seen. Really disappointed with Corbin's lack of in-game management and creativity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Round 1 Game 3 Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next