Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 Game 3 Thread

Go down 
+8
RookieJazz
The Voice of Reason
dongibby
zero24gravity
MTJazz
Romoholic
shelley_utahjazzfan
TheMagnus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crunchtime1
Starter

Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:21 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Yeah, that third quarter looked like low energy. Where were Burks and Carroll?

Really was hoping Corbin was going to throw the auto-rotation out and ride the hot hands and impact players when they emerged. Favors cooled off during a long sit, Burks and DC nowhere to be seen. Really disappointed with Corbin's lack of in-game management and creativity.

I agree. Maybe these guys that are in now will get some going --- Favors, Kanter, Carroll, Burks and Tinsley.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Well that's a series boy and girls. One more game technically.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:36 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Yeah, that third quarter looked like low energy. Where were Burks and Carroll?

Really was hoping Corbin was going to throw the auto-rotation out and ride the hot hands and impact players when they emerged. Favors cooled off during a long sit, Burks and DC nowhere to be seen. Really disappointed with Corbin's lack of in-game management and creativity.

Not sure why Corbin pulled burks for Hayward. Agree with your disappointment.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Lets all recognize how good this spurs team is though. Spurs/Thunder will be a lot of fun if it happens.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Romoholic wrote:

Spurs are just too tough for the Jazz - overwhelm them from every angle. If you can't stop Tony and the P&R you ain't gonna win. Don't know what you guys are seeing but the Spurs look finals ready. They really didn't even break a sweat, well-balanced and coached. Hard to hate on the Spurs, they are simply a juggernaut this year.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:46 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Spurs are just too tough for the Jazz - overwhelm them from every angle. If you can't stop Tony and the P&R you ain't gonna win. Don't know what you guys are seeing but the Spurs look finals ready. They really didn't even break a sweat, well-balanced and coached. Hard to hate on the Spurs, they are simply a juggernaut this year.
They are really really good, but I think both the clippers and griz are a good matchup, and the thunder are looking really good too.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:32 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I am going on record right now...The Jazz will win Saturday night.
They will play much better at home, and Corbin is gonna make some adjustments.
I predict that Harris will be HUGE, as will Millsap. Hayward and Burks are going to play well
and Favors is going to get significant minutes.

Jazz by 8.

At least this didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Jazz badly outmatched at PG.   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:00 am

Ugh.

That was painful. I know Hayward had his worst game in a long time, Jefferson is too passive to play defense against a team that executes well and Howard's kind of a waste of space, BUT...where we have a skill/talent/basketball-playing-ability gap too great to overcome is at point guard.

On defense, Parker can do anything he wants against Harris (or pretty much anybody else it appears). He's throwing in every shot he takes, and he can get any shot he wants. Our best defense against him ends up with wide-open 3s or easy layups.

On offense, Harris' best effort is to play an undisguised 2-man game with Jefferson. Not, like, running a play or a pick-and-roll or anything, but possession after possession with only him and Jefferson touching the ball. Which never results in anything but Jefferson working his ass off to get a wild push shot (which he makes an amazing percentage of). He's just not, by skillset or mentality, a very gifted point guard in the half-court sets.

Matter of fact, much like Jefferson, he has amazing skill...but it's AN amazing skill, limited to a single unique gift. AJ can make those weezies if he can get his hand free within 12 feet of the basket, and Harris can charge down court like a rocket and make layups even going 1-on-3. (He has no clue about actually "running the fast break", he can just do it.)

Harris is only a PG because he's PG size. High usage, a few 3s and a few fast-break buckets can get him enough points to make it look like he's doing a good job, but the Jazz are getting badly beaten at the position. And since we don't really have an advantage over the Spurs at any other position (at this point in our young guy's careers), we can't overcome it.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:38 am

I just wanted the Spurs to get our best shot. I know how good they are, they're so deep, the cohesion on that team is absolutely sick, and the coaching is tops. But MAN!!!! Just wanted them to at least get our best shot, and I dont think Ty gave that to them. That was so effing frustrating to watch. Why does Howard start all 3 games, when he's been out, and the starting 5 had found cohesion??? Why does Howard continue to start in game 3 when he's been non-existant, and our guys were basically playing 4 on 5 every game? Why, does DC not start, or get more minutes, when its so obvious that we can't defend them too well, so we are dying for some hustle and tenacious rebounding/D ? Demarre Carroll was the shot in the arm this team needed and played less minutes yesterday than Howard. Josh Howard offered nothing to this team each of these 3 games and he's not even a part of the future!!! I've never been a coach basher, ever, but this falls squarely on Ty Corbins shoulders. Playing Howard because of "playoff experience" was an epic fail. We weren't going to outsmart them, but we could have out-hustled and outworked them. Too bad Ty didn't think that was necessary.

Favors at least got 32mins, now that we're at game 3 and down 0-2....oh, I mean 0-3. Playing FAvors, and playing DC since it WAS WORKING, was what needed to happen. Getting Burks the vaunted experience COULD have helped, and his scoring DID help. Playing Howard was pointless. Paul Millsap going MIA this series, just about guarantees a series loss.......
This Spurs team was winning the series regardless. But god damnit, at least we could have given them our best shot.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:28 am

I can't spend too much time agonizing over this loss. I never expected them to win the series, but thought they'd put up a bigger fight.

Game 3 was better, but just as frusterating because it seemed like there was a new negative for each positive turn.

Positive: Hayward switches over to D-up Parker and seems to do a decent job, causing Tony to take more difficult shots.

Negative: Gordon's offensive game becomes non-existent.

Positive: Jefferson goes 10-18 from the floor, scoring 21 points.

Negative: Al pretty much does all his scoring shooting jump shots, leaving the Jazz with very little inside game, and also shoots only 2 FT's. Al's defense was also completely unacceptable IMO. Oh, and his +/- was a team worst -16.

Positive: The Jazz get to line 26 times, which is 4 more than the Spurs.

Negative: The Jazz make a whopping 14 of those FT's for a miserable 53.8%. Making just 75% of these would have made a world of difference in this game.

Positive: Harris scores 21 points and dishes out 5 assists.

Negative: Although being aggressive is good, it didn't look like he was running the team. He was "getting his", but what about the team?

Positive: Coach Ty finally recognizes his young talent. Favors plays 32 minutes. He puts up 15-11-2 and looks confident. This guy is the future.

Negative: Burks busts out. He plays hard, goes to the basket, and knocks down jump-shots. Coach makes the same mistake he did with Favors and underuses his young talent. Burks play only 15 minutes.

Positive: Ginobili was very quiet in the first three games.

Negative: Isn't there a guy named Millsap on the Jazz?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:55 am

Trollificus wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:
I am going on record right now...The Jazz will win Saturday night.
They will play much better at home, and Corbin is gonna make some adjustments.
I predict that Harris will be HUGE, as will Millsap. Hayward and Burks are going to play well
and Favors is going to get significant minutes.

Jazz by 8.

At least this didn't happen.

I meant NEXT Saturday Laughing .
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:31 pm

The one thing playing against the Spurs in these playoffs games is the need the Jazz has for size it is one thing to win games in the regular season but in the playoffs if a team don't have size in the Western conference they are going to have a hard time defending the paint against all of the big 7 footers on most of the team's out here. Not only does the Jazz have to deal with the size issue on top of that their PG position is struggling and has been a weak spot for them for most of the season.

The good thing is the Young guys are getting Playoff experience and no matter what way you look at it that is going to be a big plus going forward with this team, they just need to keep trying to find the kind of players that will help turn this around. This summer's free-agent crop has quite a few PG's that could fill the Jazz needs at that position it also has a few 7 footers that could help the Jazz at defending the paint so lets hope that O'Conner can work his magic again and find the right players they need for this team to become true contenders to win a title.

If this team get swept in these playoff games I am not going to get all upset over it for one thing they are playing against a very good team who is more than likely going to win it all this season, also the Jazz are full of very very Young players who I think have over archived this season winning enough game's to get into the playoffs when they should more than likely been at or near the bottom of the league in wins. If it was another team who was in their second season in rebuilding I don't think they would of played good enough to do what this team has been able to do by making the playoffs so whatever way you look at it this is a win win situation for the Jazz at the end of the day IMO.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Took his from an AP article i just read:

As the Jazz look for answers, coach Tyrone Corbin said he may consider giving second-year pro Derrick Favors a start but wouldn't announce any decision until Monday.

The 6-10 Favors has 31 points, 28 rebounds and four blocks in three games and saw his most extensive action Saturday.

Corbin played Favors 32 minutes in Saturday's 102-90 loss but said he deserves even more time because his athleticism, competitive nature and desire are making an impact.

''His curve for learning is shortening,'' Corbin said. ''He's learning things on the fly. He wants to get better every night he steps on the floor. ... Even though we haven't had the success, he's demonstrated he has that other level in him.''

Corbin said it's also obvious Favors is ticked after losing.

''I think all of our guys feel bad about losing, just some guys you see it a little more in their faces and demeanor,'' Corbin said. ''He'll learn. He'll get better because there's a bad taste in his mouth, and he don't like it.''

Corbin also had praise for rookies Enes Kanter and Alec Burks, and wished he had played Burks more after he contributed 11 points and two rebounds in 15 minutes, and was 3 of 4 from the free-throw line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:03 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

''His curve for learning is shortening,'' Corbin said. ''He's learning things on the fly. He wants to get better every night he steps on the floor. ... Even though we haven't had the success, he's demonstrated he has that other level in him.''

Corbin also had praise for rookies Enes Kanter and Alec Burks, and wished he had played Burks more after he contributed 11 points and two rebounds in 15 minutes, and was 3 of 4 from the free-throw line.

So how come it takes being down 0-3 for Corbin to notice that Favors needs to start and Burks needs more minutes? Even us fans figured that out after Game 1. I'm sure you all heard me scream when he sat Burks on the bench after going 3-3 for 7 pts and generally doing his thing - being aggressive. Meanwhile Hayward was the one needing some bench time, he clearly was off on every level of his game and he wasn't suddenly going to contribute, it was one of those nights. I also thought Kanter was playing some great D, good work on the switch and using his body. Again, can't blame Corbin for all that happened but I am completely underwhelmed how he has been managing this series. It was one thing to keep the troops rallied to get to the big dance but IMO he is showing some ceiling with respect to creativity and rolling the dice.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:26 pm

MTJazz wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

So how come it takes being down 0-3 for Corbin to notice that Favors needs to start and Burks needs more minutes? Even us fans figured that out after Game 1. I'm sure you all heard me scream when he sat Burks on the bench after going 3-3 for 7 pts and generally doing his thing - being aggressive. Meanwhile Hayward was the one needing some bench time, he clearly was off on every level of his game and he wasn't suddenly going to contribute, it was one of those nights. I also thought Kanter was playing some great D, good work on the switch and using his body. Again, can't blame Corbin for all that happened but I am completely underwhelmed how he has been managing this series. It was one thing to keep the troops rallied to get to the big dance but IMO he is showing some ceiling with respect to creativity and rolling the dice.

Yea, like I said before, I've NEVER been a coach basher. They have a tough tough job. But I really have to agree here. We needed a spark, and as soon as Burks gives it, back to the bench. I didn't mind Hayward staying in; his shot was off, but finally someone was making it tough on Tony Parker. And actually, GH's D on TP was actually really pretty good.

But agree, we knew it after game one. And knew it at the end of the season: Favors is an impact player. Every team needs an impact player, and he was doing it in the dirty-dominating way. Guys had to worry about him.....but alas, down 0-3 before Ty realizes it. And what makes it worse, is this was supposed to be the great experience builder. There goes that.....
There's just no direction in this series. But I think if one of our young guys or rooks, really gets it going, then at a minimum for "playoff experience" then ride that young buck!

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Freaking end of the 3rd giblowme take Burks head off as time ran out!Can't believe no call, Favors on a put back was raped across the arm no call? This is what sucks about the game. Spurs are to good of a team and then they let these calls just slide. Gordo had tough shooting night but was great on TP.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I usually take the stance that the fans don't know nearly as much as the coaching staff. So no matter how right we think we are we don't know the whole story. On this one we were right on though. Not like it took a brain scientist Suspect Suspect to figure it out.

Locke made a good point yesterday though. He said that if the Favors doesn't start the next game and we lose. It will be the last game of his career he doesn't start. It looks like last game might have been the last game of his career he doesn't start.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
ride that young buck!

Hell yes! cheers
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:39 pm

shelley_utahjazzfan wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
ride that young buck!

Hell yes! cheers

I think you took that out of context!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:38 pm

That last play with Als put back was hack going up. NO CALL. sick of watching Al get no calls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 Game 3 Thread   Round 1 Game 3 Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Round 1 Game 3 Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2