Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Rajon Rondo, done.  Celtics, done. Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rajon Rondo, done. Celtics, done.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Rajon Rondo, done.  Celtics, done. Empty
PostSubject: Rajon Rondo, done. Celtics, done.   Rajon Rondo, done.  Celtics, done. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Rondo is done for the year with a torn ACL. That truly sucks. The Celtics were barely hanging on with him, so unless Garnett and Pierce can turn back the clock 3 or 4 years I'd say this Celtics era is over.

Thing is, they've got basically the whole roster on contract for next year too...wonder if Ainge will be looking to deal Pierce and/or Garnett? If he did would you be interested? I think I would for the right price...
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo, done. Celtics, done.   Rajon Rondo, done.  Celtics, done. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Rondo is done for the year with a torn ACL. That truly sucks. The Celtics were barely hanging on with him, so unless Garnett and Pierce can turn back the clock 3 or 4 years I'd say this Celtics era is over.

Thing is, they've got basically the whole roster on contract for next year too...wonder if Ainge will be looking to deal Pierce and/or Garnett? If he did would you be interested? I think I would for the right price...

First of all .... affraid I have Rondo on my two public league Yahoo fantasy teams Crying or Very sad

Problem with the Celts as a trading partner is that everyone is under contract for multiple years.

Pierce has 2 years and almost 17 million a year. Would Al for Paul be an alright deal? Sure. The Jazz would have a "go-to" player through next year, and then his contract would be up before needing to resign any of the Jazz' young players. Pierce for Millsap & Marvin? Eh, I guess. But I'm also thinking that Celtics would want young assets &/or draft picks, which I would hope the Jazz wouldn't give up for an aging, 1 1/2 year rent-a-player.

Garnett is under contract for three years at 11+ million. I'm not really interested in him at all.

Jeff Green, 4 years 8+million. Nah. Jason Terry, 3 years 5million. No thanks. Avery Bradley might be desirable (2 years 1.6million), but he is a guy that the Celts need to hold onto, especially with Rondo out.

Truth is, Rondo was the only guy on that team that the Jazz coulda/shoulda been targeting, and now he is out of the equation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo, done. Celtics, done.   Rajon Rondo, done.  Celtics, done. EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:06 am

zero24gravity wrote:

Truth is, Rondo was the only guy on that team that the Jazz coulda/shoulda been targeting, and now he is out of the equation.

Is he though? I mean, he's going to come back next year. Hes an all star pg. The guy is quick and good athlete, but I wouldn't say this injury will change him forever. Is he now a guy that could be gotten for less? As a jazzfan I'd certainly be all in for that. However, I dont think it would make sense for Boston to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo, done. Celtics, done.   Rajon Rondo, done.  Celtics, done. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rajon Rondo, done. Celtics, done.
Page 1 of 1