Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab

Go down 
+2
zero24gravity
TheMagnus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab Empty
PostSubject: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Quote :

Williams underwent a successful procedure Wednesday in New York to have two pins removed from his right thumb, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned. It represents the point guard’s first major step toward a return to the floor for the Jazz point guard.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55823888-87/williams-thumb-jazz-guard.html.csp

last estimates I saw (back when he had the surgery) was that the rehab phase is projected to be 2-4 weeks. It would be really nice to have mo back by the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Quote :

Williams underwent a successful procedure Wednesday in New York to have two pins removed from his right thumb, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned. It represents the point guard’s first major step toward a return to the floor for the Jazz point guard.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55823888-87/williams-thumb-jazz-guard.html.csp

last estimates I saw (back when he had the surgery) was that the rehab phase is projected to be 2-4 weeks. It would be really nice to have mo back by the end of the month.

OR ... he becomes a trade-able piece if other teams know he's close to coming back. ... just saying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Quote :

OR ... he becomes a trade-able piece if other teams know he's close to coming back. ... just saying.

As long as it is a starting quality PG on the court I'm happy, but I do like Mo and I thought he was doing a pretty decent job before he got hurt.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Quote :

As long as it is a starting quality PG on the court I'm happy, but I do like Mo and I thought he was doing a pretty decent job before he got hurt.

We can use his scoring for sure. I'm tired of seeing JTs guy not even try to guard him and constantly down in the paint doubling one of our bigs. JT hit a couple shots last night, but those are few and far between.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Quote :

We can use his scoring for sure. I'm tired of seeing JTs guy not even try to guard him and constantly down in the paint doubling one of our bigs. JT hit a couple shots last night, but those are few and far between.

This is all true, but let's not forget that the Jazz weren't winning with Mo at the helm. Also, if I remember correctly, there seemed to be a vast improvement in guys like Jefferson's game when Mo left. Mo is a good scorer, but I question his PG skills.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Quote :

This is all true, but let's not forget that the Jazz weren't winning with Mo at the helm. Also, if I remember correctly, there seemed to be a vast improvement in guys like Jefferson's game when Mo left. Mo is a good scorer, but I question his PG skills.

To be honest, I think Al is better without Mo, but the TEAM is better with him. Al has kinda gone back to black hole Jefferson, since Mo has been out. I was mentioning it to my wife the other day against the bulls. Every play in the 4th was come down the court feed the ball to Al and stand around watching him pivot and pump fake for 15 seconds and toss up a shot. When it's working great, but that is why they lost that game. The Bulls locked down on Jefferson and the Jazz kept trying the same stupid crap.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:34 pm

A recent comment I just pulled from Mo about the need of the Jazz to get a PG....

Williams, 30, took umbrage last week when ESPN columnist Bill Simmons said the Jazz need to find a point guard. He posted to his Twitter account, "What the hell Bill Simmons talking about the jazz need a point guard. What the hell position have I been playing all yr [sic]?"

"All year" may be a bit of an overstatement, since he's been injured more than not, but I still like that he comes across as wanting to be in Utah.

With that said, if the Jazz can bring in a very good starting PG .... I'm all for it. Mo isn't the long term answer (or possibly not even the short term answer) IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Well that's not entirely true.

Sure they were 11-13 with him, and they are now 18-11 without him, but 15 of those 24 games with him were on the road vs only 12 of 29 without him, so when you adjust for that the Jazz haven't realy gained much ground without him. They have fared better than I thought they would though, and most of that is due to improved play from Jefferson, Millsap, and Hayward, so the question as to whether Mo hurts or helps that progress is valid.

I would also note that as the season went on he was averaging more assists, fewer shot attempts, and shooting a higher percentage from the field. I really think he was learning how to be a real PG, and he was getting the hang of it, so I expect that when (if?) he comes back he will pick up where he left off and give the Jazz a big boost on the court. The biggest benefit, as has been mentioned, is moving Tinsley and Watson to the bench, the downside is with Haward and Mo back Burks and/or Carroll (anger!) likely join them.

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Well that's not entirely true.

Sure they were 11-13 with him, and they are now 18-11 without him, but 15 of those 24 game were on the road. I would also note that both Jefferson and Millsap had some rough patches early in the season that I don't think had anything ot do with Mo, so it wasn't all on him.

I would also note that as the season went on he was averaging more assists, fewer shot attempts, and shooting a higher percentage from the field. I really think he was learning how to be a real PG, and he was getting the hang of it, so I expect that when (if?) he comes back he will pick up where he left off and give the Jazz a big boost on the court. The biggest benefit, as has been mentioned, is moving Tinsley and Watson to the bench, the downside is with Haward and Mo back Burks and/or Carroll (anger!) likely join them.

I can agree with that Mag's, but 11-13 vs 18-11 isn't something that can just be brushed aside.

I do look forward to him coming back for the reason's stated above. But I also am a bit aprehensive because he may mess up what the Jazz have going for them. Having one player (Foye) that is in love with nothing but the three ball is alright, but he & Mo at the same time means less touches for the Jazz' bread & butter .... Al/Paul. Watching Jamal/Earl's man pretend he's Ronnie Brewer vs the Lakers in a playoff series (I can't imagine anyone has forgotten that mess) is not a good thing, but if the trade off is more outside shots instead of the higher percentage shots the bigs take, I'm not sure that is always a good thing.

Is Mo better overall than either of the other Jazz PG's?.... 110% YES! Is he a better fit? Maybe not. Of coarse if Al was to be dealt before the deadline, then I think Mo becomes much more valuable playing with Favors/Kanter, so that could be a huge difference maker in the need for Mo to come back and play his style of ball.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Man, seems Mo has lost alot of love since he went down......

First off, this is Mo's first season back with this team. That takes quite awhile to get comfortable. Mo was just starting to get there, wrapped around missing some other games. Not to mention, the 2 guard position was in flux, different combinations etc. There was some attempts at the Big 3, Hayward in and out of the starting lineup, different guys getting minutes in and out, and oh yea, they played a ton of road games.

Mo looked pretty good, and he was really getting more comfortable as the PG, verses what he has been doing the past few years and just score.

Its my opinion, that now that Randy seems to be set as the starting 2, Mo will come in and only help this team. I'd look forward to Mo and DC out there, I think they would play well together. Al is playing well, but he also has to score more than before. He played well with Mo. JT is a liability out there, never being a threat to score other than being wide open. He helps that with his passing, but still, we would be better than not with Mo. All this talk about a starting caliber PG, and Mo 100% is one. I can't think of one PG that the Jazz could go after that would be BETTER than Mo. His only negatives are that he seems injury prone. So the Jazz need a plan, but at least for this year Utah is fine.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

First off, this is Mo's first season back with this team. That takes quite awhile to get comfortable. Mo was just starting to get there, wrapped around missing some other games. Not to mention, the 2 guard position was in flux, different combinations etc. There was some attempts at the Big 3, Hayward in and out of the starting lineup, different guys getting minutes in and out, and oh yea, they played a ton of road games.

Mo looked pretty good, and he was really getting more comfortable as the PG, verses what he has been doing the past few years and just score.

Its my opinion, that now that Randy seems to be set as the starting 2, Mo will come in and only help this team. I'd look forward to Mo and DC out there, I think they would play well together. Al is playing well, but he also has to score more than before. He played well with Mo. JT is a liability out there, never being a threat to score other than being wide open. He helps that with his passing, but still, we would be better than not with Mo. All this talk about a starting caliber PG, and Mo 100% is one. I can't think of one PG that the Jazz could go after that would be BETTER than Mo. His only negatives are that he seems injury prone. So the Jazz need a plan, but at least for this year Utah is fine.

I'm 100% on board with giving him a chance, I'm just not sold yet. I'm looking forward to him proving himself as a good floor leader & helping the team.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

I agree, I'm 100% fine with Mo as the starting PG. Granted we have a better winning % since he went down, but it's not as simple as Mo went down and we started winning. The play of the other players besides PG have picked up, The PG position play has obviously dropped.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I agree, I'm 100% fine with Mo as the starting PG. Granted we have a better winning % since he went down, but it's not as simple as Mo went down and we started winning. The play of the other players besides PG have picked up, The PG position play has obviously dropped.

I'm really starting to think Burks can handle Pg duties after allstar break and mo is back Burks should be our back up at point. Kid rebounds and D up and shoots pretty good.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I'm really starting to think Burks can handle Pg duties after allstar break and mo is back Burks should be our back up at point. Kid rebounds and D up and shoots pretty good.

We can only hope. Seems pretty unlikely given the standard operating procedure on the rotations.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

We can only hope. Seems pretty unlikely given the standard operating procedure on the rotations.[/quote]

Except, um, dare I say it......I think Corbin is figuring it out! There I said it!!

More Burks, not as much Foye, WAY less Marv, starting mins for DC, all the last few games.
I hope this is the rest of the season. Burks coming in to spell Mo first, but then sliding to the 2 more often. Burks has looked great, awesome line tonight. Looked smart, few mistakes, aggressive but not too much. I'm loving what I'm seeing.

Kanter also deserves a shout out. Regardless of minutes, he looking great.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

We can only hope. Seems pretty unlikely given the standard operating procedure on the rotations.

Except, um, dare I say it......I think Corbin is figuring it out! There I said it!!

More Burks, not as much Foye, WAY less Marv, starting mins for DC, all the last few games.
I hope this is the rest of the season. Burks coming in to spell Mo first, but then sliding to the 2 more often. Burks has looked great, awesome line tonight. Looked smart, few mistakes, aggressive but not too much. I'm loving what I'm seeing.

Kanter also deserves a shout out. Regardless of minutes, he looking great. [/quote]

I have a feeling that Gordon coming back will essentialy kill off the additional time DC is getting & likely take away some of Alec's new found PT as well. Alec may be able to hange in there since he is playing more point, but I don't see how DC will continue getting on the floor unless a trade frees up court time. I'm not saying I like it this way, I just think that's the way it will likely go down.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:13 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Kanter also deserves a shout out. Regardless of minutes, he looking great.

I have a feeling that Gordon coming back will essentialy kill off the additional time DC is getting & likely take away some of Alec's new found PT as well. Alec may be able to hange in there since he is playing more point, but I don't see how DC will continue getting on the floor unless a trade frees up court time. I'm not saying I like it this way, I just think that's the way it will likely go down.

I dont think so. Marv isn't finishing games, is losing minutes rapidly. I actually think my personal preference is coming to fruition, where Marvs minutes are less and less, and Gordo will be able to take some of Foyes, some of Marvs and some of the others. But I think the big loser will be Marv.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Kanter also deserves a shout out. Regardless of minutes, he looking great. [/quote]

There is no question that Burks has stepped up his game and is showing that he can handle the PG position and I think he should get playing time as a back up when Mo comes back I just hope that Ty see it the same way as most of us. The only thing about Mo is he seem's to always be hurt and on the injured list, looking back two or three season that is the case about 70% of the time. It remains to be seen how long he can stay on the court without getting an injure of some sort, hurt's any team he is on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab   Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab Empty

Back to top Go down

Mo gets the pins out, starts rehab
Page 1 of 1