Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Summer League Starts Today! Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer League Starts Today!

Go down 
+5
Mutangclan
outerspacefan
Romoholic
dongibby
TheMagnus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Summer League Starts Today! Empty
PostSubject: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 am

First game today at 3:00PM ET.

Full Summer League Roster...

1 Michael Stockton, Westminister
2 Mike Green, Butler
3 Blake Ahearn, Missouri St.
4 Alec Burks, Colorado
5 Kyle Weaver, Washington St.
6 Kevin Murphy, Tennessee Tech
7 Stephen Graham, Oklahoma St.
8 John Millsap, Texas-San Antonio
9 Deron Washington, Virginia Tech
10 DeMarre Carroll, Missouri
11 Tony Gaffney, Massachusetts
12 Cedric Simmons, North Carolina St.
13 Justin Knox, North Carolina
14 Enes Kanter, Turkey
15 Salah Mejri, Tunsia
16 Henry Sims, Georgetown
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 am

Watching the first game Orlando v Nets I really like what O'Quinn was able to do for the Magic he was pretty impressive now if the Jazz can get about the same kind of stuff from their 2nd round pick that would be nice. Enjoyed watching that first game will try to watch all of them today or at least the Jazz game, I really miss being able to go to the summer league games when they was in Utah I have to say but more then likely that will never be an option again.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 am

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 pm

dongibby wrote:
Watching the first game Orlando v Nets I really like what O'Quinn was able to do for the Magic he was pretty impressive now if the Jazz can get about the same kind of stuff from their 2nd round pick that would be nice. Enjoyed watching that first game will try to watch all of them today or at least the Jazz game, I really miss being able to go to the summer league games when they was in Utah I have to say but more then likely that will never be an option again.

Is it on NBA tv or something. I'm not paying to watch it online Mad
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Watching Boston v OKC I have to say Cole Aldrich looks to be a big time bust the guys is giving the Thunder nothing at all, glad the Jazz did not use the 2010 pick they took Hayward with on him like some of the Jazz fan's wanted them to do.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Romoholic wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Yes there are on NBATV
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:03 pm

dongibby wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Yes there are on NBATV

sweet watching now.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Will wait and watch a couple more games before drawing any conclusion. Really bad outing to start SL. Kanter, Burks played a big deal below average expectation. Graffney, Stockton, Washington brought some good energy. Murphy never really got into it.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:38 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Will wait and watch a couple more games before drawing any conclusion. Really bad outing to start SL. Kanter, Burks played a big deal below average expectation. Graffney, Stockton, Washington brought some good energy. Murphy never really got into it.

Ya, pretty disapointing first game from Kanter and Burks for sure I hope Murphy can give the Jazz more than what he did in this game, who is this Washington Kid he played pretty well for the Jazz and got them back into it in the 4th quarter by himself.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Some tidbits I took from it:

First off, crazy resemblance for me, with Murphy our 47 pick: Marcus Thornton. He moves and plays just like him. Didn't show the shooting or scoring like him, but I'm thinking it's there. He had a few nice moves, a couple nice shots, nothing big. But man, spitten image of him playing out there. What a great grab he could be, and my initial VERY EARLY thoughts on him, is he's going to yet again, be an absolute steal. I saw a couple things I really like today, looking forward to the rest of his games.

Second, was actually a blast to watch Mini-stockton play. You can easily tell he's Johnny Honey Badger Stocktons lil kid. Does so many thing like him. Too bad he's not good enough to make the team, but is fun watching him have the same tenacity, toughness, pass first mentality.

Third. Kanter..........THUD!!!! First game, so not worried, but he needs to be better. Burks too, but not worried about Burks. Granted Drummonds one of the few guys that makes Kanter look undersized, but he really didn't do much. Like, at all. Very disappointed in Kanter, need to see something else from him these next few games. Where's Calgary C for all this??!!! I'm sure giggling his hiney off somewhere....

Lets see how they do. But that was a big fat F for the whole squad.
Oh, also want to see how Cedric Simmons does, think he might surprise a few people.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

First off, crazy resemblance for me, with Murphy our 47 pick: Marcus Thornton. He moves and plays just like him. Didn't show the shooting or scoring like him, but I'm thinking it's there. He had a few nice moves, a couple nice shots, nothing big. But man, spitten image of him playing out there. What a great grab he could be, and my initial VERY EARLY thoughts on him, is he's going to yet again, be an absolute steal. I saw a couple things I really like today, looking forward to the rest of his games.

Second, was actually a blast to watch Mini-stockton play. You can easily tell he's Johnny Honey Badger Stocktons lil kid. Does so many thing like him. Too bad he's not good enough to make the team, but is fun watching him have the same tenacity, toughness, pass first mentality.

Third. Kanter..........THUD!!!! First game, so not worried, but he needs to be better. Burks too, but not worried about Burks. Granted Drummonds one of the few guys that makes Kanter look undersized, but he really didn't do much. Like, at all. Very disappointed in Kanter, need to see something else from him these next few games. Where's Calgary C for all this??!!! I'm sure giggling his hiney off somewhere....

Lets see how they do. But that was a big fat F for the whole squad.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed in the way Kanter and Burks. They both got good playing time in the NBA and playoffs. You would think they would come in and dominate.

Of course you really can't take anything away from these summer league games. Some scrubs that will never step foot on an NBA roster will kill it and guys you know are legitimate will suck.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 am

Mutangclan wrote:

Second, was actually a blast to watch Mini-stockton play. You can easily tell he's Johnny Honey Badger Stocktons lil kid. Does so many thing like him. Too bad he's not good enough to make the team, but is fun watching him have the same tenacity, toughness, pass first mentality. .

I guess John has 2 kids that plays the PG position Michael played at Westminster College and the other one David plays for Gonzaga, I really have not seen Michael play but from what I have seen so far he is not really all that bad. David on the other hand is a very nice player and I guess that he is still playing for Gonzaga this next season I thought that he was coming out this summer but it looks like I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:56 am

Burks played like we all was thinking he could in this game 31 points 10 for 11 in shot attempts now if he can play like that going into the season he will be the starting 2 guard. Kanter 10 points 8 rebounds better than last game but needs to do a lot better going forward, he really needs to give more of an effort in these games.

Again the Washington Kid looked good in the little time he played he has gotten the nick name of Smash from the guys calling the game because of the way he plays.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Burks was good, he scored mostly at will. However, aside from 1 3ptr, I think the rest of it was drives to the bucket or FT's. I'd like to see more jumpers and outside game from him, we need it. And if he wants to be the starting 2 guard someday, he needs that. But, he did what he should if he's as good as most of us think, and thats dominate.

Kanter looked better, but again, for some weird reason, he looks lost. You can tell he still needs the big man coaching, and he'll get it in August and Sept. But right now, he just doesn't look hungry. This game more involved though, and I just want to see him dominate the glass. He was closer, but not what I was hoping for. ( And CC has to be DYING to get on here now!! Hahaha)

Probably the one player I enjoyed watching the most was little Stockton. I think I may change my mind on him from being just a nice invite, to be a good player and PG. He only seems to make the right play most of the time, makes good smart passes, good decisions, and definitely was the best leader today. And he still plays a ton like Johnny which is awesome to see.

Other than that, eh. Dont see anything else going on.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Burks was good, he scored mostly at will. However, aside from 1 3ptr, I think the rest of it was drives to the bucket or FT's. I'd like to see more jumpers and outside game from him, we need it. And if he wants to be the starting 2 guard someday, he needs that. But, he did what he should if he's as good as most of us think, and thats dominate.

Kanter looked better, but again, for some weird reason, he looks lost. You can tell he still needs the big man coaching, and he'll get it in August and Sept. But right now, he just doesn't look hungry. This game more involved though, and I just want to see him dominate the glass. He was closer, but not what I was hoping for. ( And CC has to be DYING to get on here now!! Hahaha)

Probably the one player I enjoyed watching the most was little Stockton. I think I may change my mind on him from being just a nice invite, to be a good player and PG. He only seems to make the right play most of the time, makes good smart passes, good decisions, and definitely was the best leader today. And he still plays a ton like Johnny which is awesome to see.

I've been quite impressed with lil' Stock too.
Honestly, from what I've seen, I'd take him over Ahearn.
Of course, this is summer league.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm

[/quote] I've been quite impressed with lil' Stock too.
Of course, this is summer league.[/quote]

He looked to be the better PG on the floor for the Jazz today for sure he play's up close like his dad easy to see that. I watched I guess it is his little brother play for Gonzaga at the PG David Stockton and this kid look pretty darn good I just have not seen enough of M Stockton to really see if his game is as good but so far he looks good.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:45 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I've been quite impressed with lil' Stock too.
Of course, this is summer league.

Agreed..I think we all began with the idea that his invitee was a nice gesture by the Jazz (Probably was) but I am pleasantly surprised. He plays great defense, hustles and has the fundamentals of a pass first PG. Perfect fit for a 3rd string PG for the Jazz in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Evans looked really good today against Orlando. He was everywhere! He had a few nice dunks and a couple of blocks.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Evans looked really good today against Orlando. He was everywhere! He had a few nice dunks and a couple of blocks.

Kanter looked alot better today, watching it now. Not sure what his deal was, but I did just read that Enes said he gained 20-22lbs while eating Turkish food in Turkey before Summer League. Damn! Thats quite a bit, may explain why he's been so off.
Needless to say, he was back to rebounding everything, and showed a couple nice new moves attacking the basket successfully.

Murphy may have already convinced me that KOC knows his stuff, and did it again btw. He looks really smooth out there.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Alec Burks was first team All-Summer League, Kanter and Evans got honorable mentions...

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2012/07/austin-daye-brandon-knight-kim-english-win-summer-league-awards/
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Alec Burks was first team All-Summer League, Kanter and Evans got honorable mentions...

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2012/07/austin-daye-brandon-knight-kim-english-win-summer-league-awards/

I think Burks has proven that he is a player. I can't see him not starting this year.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

I think Burks has proven that he is a player. I can't see him not starting this year.

I still think his best role is 6th man, right off the bench. Just like James Harden, who also gets starter minutes. Same type of player, same role.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Jazz Summer League numbers, per 36 minutes from SLCDunk ...

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/7/13/3157902/orlando-summer-pro-league-jazz-autopsy-per-36-min-values

As we all know, Burks was the star of the show & his numbers support this. Per 36 minutes; 23.2 points, 4.6 rebounds & 2.7 assists.

Other names we know:
Kanter; 12.1 rebounds, 14.3 points
Evans; 16 points, 11.3 rebounds, 2 steals & 2.6 blocks .... uh, hello AKv.2?
Murphy; 13.8 points
Ahearn; 14 points, 6.7 assists

Not as familiar:
Knox; 17.3 points, 7 rebounds
Merjrl; 10.8 rebounds, 5.6 blocks
Sims; 14.3 points, 7.7 rebounds
Green; 6.8 assists (8.5 MPG)
J.Millsap; 4.2 steals (only 6.8 MPG)

Someone I was hoping for more from is Kyle Weaver. He seemed like a versitile player in his shirt time with Utah a little while back, but he just doesn't do anything well enough to get himself a job.

I didn't get to see any other games (sadly, no NBATV for me), but the block & rebound numbers for Salah Merjrl sure are impressive. Anyone that saw the games have any info about him?

Also, I thought that Shan Foster would play in the Summer League (brought over in the Mo trade). Is he just completely off the Jazz radar? If so, why throw him in the deal?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:30 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Also, I thought that Shan Foster would play in the Summer League (brought over in the Mo trade). Is he just completely off the Jazz radar? If so, why throw him in the deal?

I thought Foster was just for money-matching. Like he was drafted a few years ago, and either never came over from Europe, or went over there and has a contract locking him in for awhile. Once of those that will never see the NBA, just made deals match. I thought....
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 pm

One other thing I forgot to mention about the Jazz Summer League numbers is that Carroll's number were very unimpressive. Hope he hasn't regressed and just had a rough patch of games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer League Starts Today!   Summer League Starts Today! Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer League Starts Today!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next