Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz/Clippers game thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz/Clippers game thread

Go down 
+2
Romoholic
The Voice of Reason
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Jazz/Clippers game thread Empty
PostSubject: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Screw the Lakers. (That always seems appropriate)
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Millsap needs some help.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Dang it, Corbin. I guessed no Ts. You screwed up my guess....although, technically it does say "players" T'd up. I'm gonna appeal.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Dang it, Corbin. I guessed no Ts. You screwed up my guess....although, technically it does say "players" Td up. I'm gonna appeal.

Not liking what I'm seeing so far!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Millsap needs some help.

GH is looking pretty good...Crawford is shooting lights out, no fault on Burks' D. Stunning performance by Sap in the first Q!
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Corbin picks his nose a lot. Anyone else notice this?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Ok, it is AMAZING how much better Burks and Hayward are than Foye and Marvin in this game. I'm not the only one seeing that, right? I'm am getting seriously excited about these young guys, and I was pretty down on Burks for a while there, but he's looking great right now.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Millsap needs some help.

GH is looking pretty good...Crawford is shooting lights out, no fault on Burks' D. Stunning performance by Sap in the first Q!

Millman looks indestructable! Hayhey abusing his defenders! Al beating Jordan! We have a chance! At half-time, it's close. Our bigs are playing well against thier bigs. PG, SG, and SF are going to be most important for us defensively in the 2nd half. We can do it!

CP3 might change that prognosis. I hate to root against CP3, but, I'm glad to do it when he's against the Jazz!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Ok, it is AMAZING how much better Burks and Hayward are than Foye and Marvin in this game. I'm not the only one seeing that, right? I'm am getting seriously excited about these young guys, and I was pretty down on Burks for a while there, but he's looking great right now.

So, of course, we will see a lot more of Marv/Foye to start the second half. Why ride the young hot hands when you have some cold veterans who need floor time? I guess I would say Burks looked good, not great, though. Doesn't show in the box but he was working hard, making Crawford earn his shots, plus the stats keeper screwed him on two assists he didn't get but should have.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm

well....that isn't working so well, is it Ty?. there is something about Marv - like 11 minutes, 0 pts, and Foye, 13 minutes and 0 pts, that kind of suggest they don't have it going on...
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm

MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

So, of course, we will see a lot more of Marv/Foye to start the second half. Why ride the young hot hands when you have some cold veterans who need floor time? I guess I would say Burks looked good, not great, though. Doesn't show in the box but he was working hard, making Crawford earn his shots, plus the stats keeper screwed him on two assists he didn't get but should have.

I think when Marv comes out in the third he's done for the night. I like the Foye/Burks/Hayward lineup so hopefully we either see some of that or DC/Burks/Hayward. I still say Watson is a waste of space out there...
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:18 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

I think when Marv comes out in the third he's done for the night. I like the Foye/Burks/Hayward lineup so hopefully we either see some of that or DC/Burks/Hayward. I still say Watson is a waste of space out there...

Hayhey had 14 pts and 6 RBs in the 2nd Q! Hayhey needs to play! We're down pretty far, though. Hay needs to hit some 3's to bring us back.

Foye has completely disappeared offensively and defensively. Can't have that in a big game.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Everything that happens from here on out should be ignored. It's waste time. Clippers win, and the Jazz shouldn't pay much attention to whatever happens from this point unless the Jazz can come back to make this a game.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Nice effort from Millsap, Hayward, Burks and Kanter tonight.
14 minutes too many for Marvin.
And 1 freakin minute for DC? What the hell, Corbin?
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Not looking good for the Jazz in a first round match-up against the Clips. Clips swept the Jazz this year, ugh. You can't play with the big boys when three of your starters, (Marv, Tinsley, Foye) each score ZERO pts. That is so not rising to the big game it hurts!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:07 am

MTJazz wrote:
Not looking good for the Jazz in a first round match-up against the Clips. Clips swept the Jazz this year, ugh. You can't play with the big boys when three of your starters, (Marv, Tinsley, Foye) each score ZERO pts. That is so not rising to the big game it hurts!

I think we are going to see a change in the starting lineup soon. I hope it's DC starting for Marvin.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:26 am

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

I think we are going to see a change in the starting lineup soon. I hope it's DC starting for Marvin.

As you well know, I've been steamed about DC not starting since the playoffs last year. I honestly dont know what to say anymore....

Look, my mother used to tell me all the time, "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten". Thats whats happening here. Some games, with Foye hitting 3's, and Al hitting down low etc, this team is able to cover for Marvin and you dont notice him. But last night was the perfect example of why DC should be starting over him. Caron Butler went off, Marvin did NOTHING to stop him at the other end. Caron Butler, seriously? Marvin is so useless that he isn't stopping his man, isn't scoring, isn't hitting 3's, isn't rebounding. There is NOTHING he is doing on the court to help this team. You telling me DC isn't a better defender than Marving? Because that was supposedly one of his strong suits.....So what you have is a double loss actually: with DC there are positives that are lost, and then Marv's negatives on top of that to double the negatives for this team. So this team is already working up hill at the SF spot. ITS NOT WORKING WITH MARVIN!!! The Clippers exposed that more than any game all year. The Jazz are NOT good enough to have a hole in the lineup. If Corbin didn't see that the 1st and 3rd quarters were carbon copies of BIG ASS, HUGE HOLES IN OUR LINEUP, then I dont know what game he's watching. We got smoked in the 1st and 3rd, there are obvious reasons why.

We saw it once the other unit came in. Some might have just looked at it as thank god Al is out and Paul went off. But IMO, it was more that Hayward/Burks/Fav came in and it was the effort on both ends that made that difference. Paul was great, hitting all those buckets in the second, but the difference maker was players that are contributing on both ends. Marvin and Foye (only bc he wasn't hitting 3's for once) were not giving this team anything. So all it takes is some guys that are active on both ends, and both times this team came back.

One HUGE thing I think: in the 3rd, Harpring started talking about Ty and his staff having to make some decisions. He spoke about how Marv isn't doing too well, Hayward is. And then to my delight, he said DC had been playing well. Thats a great great sign!! I'd imagine Harpring has at least a bit of insight to whats going on in there.......Marv has got to go. GOT TO GO. DC in Marv out. Keep Hayward as the 6th.

Oh, and btw. When Mo comes back, that brings another scorer/3pt shooter to balance the floor with Foye. Even MORE crucial to get Marvin out and DC in. Marv in at that point would be redundant and flat out stupid; missing DC intangiles/disrupting/hustle stuff would bury this team.

Burks. Dude is ready for those starter type minutes. I'm glad Ty was forced into playing him to see that tongue
All it takes, is Marv to the bench, in a non-major role, if he comes off and hits great, DC starting. Burks and Hayward in as 6 and 7. Those guys are rolling. I loved Burks game. He was going up against CP3/Crawford, who are two of the best. They'll get their's, but he was right there defending them. Burks had an A+ game last night I thought.

Kanter is looking great too, very very solid. One thing to watch for. Kanter is making it his thing, to bait the opposing player up top, into thinking he's got him sealed, up there around the elbow/3pt line. When the pass comes in, he's tipping it away fairly often. It's becoming his thing, and it's a great play. Hah, now he just needs to grab it and get it to a guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Clippers game thread   Jazz/Clippers game thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz/Clippers game thread
Page 1 of 1