Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13

Go down 
+10
Calgary Jazz
Mutangclan
aliveandkickin
Trollificus
outerspacefan
Richardale
PMartin
Romoholic
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 Empty
PostSubject: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 am

"Will Ty get a clue?" is too vague, and the answer is too obvious to be a GTS bonus, so ...

Burks, I like him, but I'm in a bad mood: More TO's or Assists for Alec?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:45 am

This is a must win for the Jazz. The schedule is too tough to give away games against the worst teams in the NBA.

Jazz by 12, Burks has more turnovers.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 pm

jazz by 4

turnovers
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
PMartin
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm

JAZZ BY 8
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 pm

jazz by 13 asts.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Jazz +7; assists.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Jazz by 9. After leading by 20+ in the 3rd.

More assists for Burks, but only because he'll be under 20 min. Damn. A whole day before the game and I'm already pissed at Corbin's moves!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 am

I haven't played here in a while but Jazz by 5.

More turnovers for Burks.

Btw, if Burks plays some pg again, why not tell him just to takeoff on fast breaks and try to get to the hole first if he has an angle? which would bring a bucket or less athletic defender having to foul. If no angle- do the dump to Al or start the motion offense but when the Jazz get fast break points, they're in every game.

BTW, anyone remember seeing the Jazz offense with Jefferson poping up to the free throw line, getting the ball, and looking for cutters? I' remeber seeing that being an effective alternative to the "dump to Al' play... hoping he makes his crazy but effective pump-fake one-handers (usually).. plus it involves everyone- making them more hyped. I might add, having Burks pass to Al on the free throw elbow and then having Burks post his smaller defending pg seems like a money play with the other players on the floor on the right side.

Anyway, it seems like money in my mind lol.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 am

aliveandkickin wrote:

Btw, if Burks plays some pg again, why not tell him just to takeoff on fast breaks and try to get to the hole first if he has an angle? which would bring a bucket or less athletic defender having to foul. If no angle- do the dump to Al or start the motion offense but when the Jazz get fast break points, they're in every game.

BTW, anyone remember seeing the Jazz offense with Jefferson poping up to the free throw line, getting the ball, and looking for cutters? I' remeber seeing that being an effective alternative to the "dump to Al' play... hoping he makes his crazy but effective pump-fake one-handers (usually).. plus it involves everyone- making them more hyped. I might add, having Burks pass to Al on the free throw elbow and then having Burks post his smaller defending pg seems like a money play with the other players on the floor on the right side.

Why yes alive, that would be a money play. It would create a miss-match and eventually create a double-team dependant defense where Burks could throw it to Millsap for a dunk (if Saps defender doubles Burks) or, throw it out to Hayward or Foye for a three pointer if they double Burks. Brilliant!! Also, if Jeffersons guy doubles Burks -just give it back to Jefferson for the 15 footer that he can easily make.

Thanks for bringing this up!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

Why yes alive, that would be a money play. It would create a miss-match and eventually create a double-team dependant defense where Burks could throw it to Millsap for a dunk (if Saps defender doubles Burks) or, throw it out to Hayward or Foye for a three pointer if they double Burks. Brilliant!! Also, if Jeffersons guy doubles Burks -just give it back to Jefferson for the 15 footer that he can easily make.

No prob man. Keep spreading the word.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:17 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

You make some really solid points there, borderline brilliant actually. I love the idea of using Jefferson at the high post more, that is how the Jazz often used Malone and Boozer and it was indeed money. Jeffersons shot chart** also supports the theory, two of his best shooting areas are the top of the key and free throw line extended on the right side.

The second guys point about Burks though kind of depends on whether or not Burks has a post game, which I personally have never seen any evidence of. So while the UCLA cut or back screen off the flex could definitley lead to easy buckets, especially against undersized defenders, I think it may be overstating it to think that Burks can be a facilitator out of the post.

** does anybody else think that chart is crazy? Jefferson is worst at shooting from where he shoots it most, and says that he's actually more efficient on the right side than the left. Wierd.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 am

aliveandkickin wrote:

Actually, where we've seen that be successful and it is GREAT to see, is from UnderKanter popping up there. He can hit that jumper, but more often than not, we see them swing it from the corner to Enes at the FT line, and by swinging it, it gives Fav the opp to pin his man behind him, and a quick pass from Kanter for Fav all alone. Its either gone over the top and Fav gets a layup, or like last game we saw a beautiful alley-oop that Fav slammed home.
Def a money play from our young bigs who are already successful at it. Works from Fav to UKanter too.

I like where you're heads at Alive, but around here we dont get that....you know, coachin em up. What we do get it is, "I made the decision". Thats it from our coach.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 am

Hey hijackers, I thought this was a GTS thread! Razz jk

Jazz by 7
TO's

Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Cavs by 5
more assists for Burks.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Jazz by 4.

Assists.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:59 pm

I have a bad feeling and Mo is gonna be rusty and Marv and Foye are going to start...so, I will reverse my hunch and go with
Jazz 3
assists

They lose this one, and its goodnight, Irene.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 pm

MTJazz wrote:
I have a bad feeling and Mo is gonna be rusty and Marv and Foye are going to start...so, I will reverse my hunch and go with
Jazz 3
assists

Ooohhh, didn't you hear? DC gets the start tonight!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:16 pm

HOLY MOTHER F**C**R !!!!!!!! I can't believe it finally happened!!!!!! Finalllyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

DC3 all day baby

Now with Mo back, lets gets some fluidity and balance. Sweet baby Jesus, I can't believe it.....
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
Jazz 3
assists

Ooohhh, didn't you hear? DC gets the start tonight!

I thought you were just teasing until I saw this...
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865575065/Utah-Jazz-Major-shakeup-in-Jazz-starting-lineup-tonight.html

Corbin said he put Carroll into the starting group for "energy" purposes.

Gee Ty, ya think?!?!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Dang, so close!!! I thought maybe Burks would come in as the backup PG too.

Either way I'm ecstatic. DC3 all day.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Well, the first half is almost over and O-for-Foye is yup, you guessed it, 0-5. If Marvin finally earned a spot on the bench, hasn't Foye as well????? And seriously, Kanter was killing it (9 pts, 5 rbs, 9 minutes) - and he goes back to the bench??????
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

You make some really solid points there, borderline brilliant actually. I love the idea of using Jefferson at the high post more, that is how the Jazz often used Malone and Boozer and it was indeed money. Jeffersons shot chart** also supports the theory, two of his best shooting areas are the top of the key and free throw line extended on the right side.

The second guys point about Burks though kind of depends on whether or not Burks has a post game, which I personally have never seen any evidence of. So while the UCLA cut or back screen off the flex could definitley lead to easy buckets, especially against undersized defenders, I think it may be overstating it to think that Burks can be a facilitator out of the post.

** does anybody else think that chart is crazy? Jefferson is worst at shooting from where he shoots it most, and says that he's actually more efficient on the right side than the left. Wierd.

I like that shot chart-didn't know on the right side he has a higher fg%. Shows Jefferson could work outside more with Favors inside but I think Jefferson is gone. If Jefferson is signed then having Burks and Gordon making more cuts to the basket makes sense. They both can draw fouls and are pretty good finishers.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Why the Hell was Foye playing at the end of the 4th at the end of the game, the guy can't defend his own shadow let alone a NBA player I don't understand it one f=ing bit. I don't know what Corbin is thinking but it is really starting to hurt the Jazz and their chance of making the playoffs this season, I am praying that Greg Miller can see the same thing as us fans that Corbin is killing this team.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:32 pm

I missed the whole second half. Can someone tell me what the hell happened in the 4th quarter? How did Favors freakin dissappear? Looks like Moe tried to shoot his rust off with horrible results? Wow, can't beat Cleveland on the road. Jazz are officially in a tailspin. The only glimmer in my eye is I think it is official, Kanter is coming into his own, stringing lots of good games together. Like, really good games.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Ahhhhh. That one was really really tough for me. 3 of the Jazz last 5 losses have come down to one missed shot.

I'm with you Don, I was thinking that same thing right up until Foye finally made a play on the last one. My thoughts were as follows....

"Mo coming back in, this should be good..."

"Wait, he's coming for Burks? OK, I guess."

"Wait wait wait, you've got Foye on Irving? This is the plan...really?"

"Was I seeing things when I was watching Burks basically shutting down Irving? Why is Foye guarding Irving?"

"Why is Foye guarding Irving?!"

"WHY IS FOYE GUARDING IRVING!!!!"

"WHY IS FOY...wait, that was a pretty good play...but still, he shouldn't have been guarding Irving."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next