Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13

Go down 
+10
Calgary Jazz
Mutangclan
aliveandkickin
Trollificus
outerspacefan
Richardale
PMartin
Romoholic
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

MTJazz wrote:
I missed the whole second half. Can someone tell me what the hell happened in the 4th quarter? How did Favors freakin dissappear? Looks like Moe tried to shoot his rust off with horrible results? Wow, can't beat Cleveland on the road. Jazz are officially in a tailspin. The only glimmer in my eye is I think it is official, Kanter is coming into his own, stringing lots of good games together. Like, really good games.

Here's another glimmer of hope, the Lakers are getting trashed by the Hornets tonight, and I think we've all agreed that the best part about making the playoffs would be the Lakers missing them.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
I missed the whole second half. Can someone tell me what the hell happened in the 4th quarter? How did Favors freakin dissappear? Looks like Moe tried to shoot his rust off with horrible results? Wow, can't beat Cleveland on the road. Jazz are officially in a tailspin. The only glimmer in my eye is I think it is official, Kanter is coming into his own, stringing lots of good games together. Like, really good games.

Here's another glimmer of hope, the Lakers are getting trashed by the Hornets tonight, and I think we've all agreed that the best part about making the playoffs would be the Lakers missing them.

So, what did happen in the fourth? They got pasted for some reason.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 pm

MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

So, what did happen in the fourth? They got pasted for some reason.

First CJ Miles got hot, Hayward was on him and he hit a couple tough shots that got his confidence up and then he ended up wide open on several broken plays. They made a couple bad turnovers. Mo Williams came in for Burks with the Jazz up 4 and 4 minutes left, and didn't really do anything but shoot a guarded 27 foot 3 pt shot with 10 seconds left on the shot clock and the Jazz up 4 with 1:29 left on the clock (until the end...). Most of all, starting exactly when Burks left the game, Kyrie Irving took over and scored 11 points in the last 4 mintutes.

Then, with the Jazz down 1, Foye finally comes up big, blocks Irvings shot that leads to a fast break, Mo attacks the basket, gets to the rim...and misses the layup with 3 seconds left.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Glimmer extinguished, the Lakers come back from 18 down at the start of the 4th quarter to beat the Bobcats.

I'm seriously depressed right now, I was looking forward to the playoffs...
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Glimmer extinguished, the Lakers come back from 18 down at the start of the 4th quarter to beat the Bobcats.

I'm seriously depressed right now, I was looking forward to the playoffs...

Man Corbin had one of the biggest brain farts he has had all season long tonight taking Burks out of the game and keeping Foye in to end a game what a dumbass, I just can't believe this is happen to the Jazz and it is all falling on the coach.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Cavs won by 3
Burks had more assists

....... I don't want to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm disappointed. I left my house and they jazz were up 8 (I think). There was only 4 or 5 minutes left.

I didn't see what happened, but there is a lot of Corbin complaining again. How long must we be patient?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 am

Lets look on the bright side guys. At this rate we will get a decent draft pick and a new coach! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 am

Romoholic wrote:
Lets look on the bright side guys. At this rate we will get a decent draft pick and a new coach! Evil or Very Mad

Ha, ha. If we do get a new coach, I hope it is one of the experienced coaches floating around like McMillan or one of the Van Gundys. McMillan knows a thing or two about perimeter defense, which seems to be a big weakness for us now. He also won with a lot of different lineups. If going from in-house, see if Phil Johnson is ready to coach again. When Phil would sub for Jerry in the past, he did very well and I thought he was a little less rigid than Jerry as far as being willing to try new players and lineups.

I didn't see last night's game, and certainly reading about the fourth quarter collapse was extremely disheartening, but I did like seeing Burk's, Kanter's and Hayward's stat lines. Fourteen points, four rebounds, four assists and zero turnovers for Burks.

Regarding Foye, I have noticed that, despite his great three point shooting percentage, he has been getting very weak ratings all season long on measures such as NBA.com efficiency per 48, tendex per 48 and ESPN personal efficiency rating. And for the latest update on my "Last Ten Games" thread, he has been just about as bad as Marvin. Burks on the other hand, now that he has been given a real chance to play versus the old DNPs and occasional sparse minutes in games, has been playing dramatically better than he did earlier in the season and dramatically better than Foye. So I reiterate my call for Burks to significantly cut in to Foye's minutes --- especially now that Mo is back getting big minutes at the point. As for backup point guard, I already conceded to Magnus' arguments that Burks should be the number on backup point guard over Watson and Tinsley. Burks seems to be rapidly growing his game before our eyes.

Also, Magnus raised a very good point above when he repeatedly asked "Why is Foye guarding Irving"? Foye's defensive ratings are pretty bad.

Just my morning ramblings from a guy who didn't even see the game. LOL.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 am

Romoholic wrote:

Well maybe the draft pick but the new coach thing I would have to see it happen to believe it, the Jazz just don't like to make coach changes for some reason and will more than likely give Corbin more time to grow with the team. I would be pretty pissed as a fan but that's the way things go with the Jazz for as long as I can remember back from the day they started playing in Utah. Let's pray that the Miller's can see thing's for what they are and do the right thing for the team going forward.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

dongibby wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Well maybe the draft pick but the new coach thing I would have to see it happen to believe it, the Jazz just don't like to make coach changes for some reason and will more than likely give Corbin more time to grow with the team. I would be pretty pissed as a fan but that's the way things go with the Jazz for as long as I can remember back from the day they started playing in Utah. Let's pray that the Miller's can see thing's for what they are and do the right thing for the team going forward.

I have no interest in the Jazz turning into yet another medicore team that changes coaches every other year. Coaching/system stability is important IMO. However, you have to have a coach worth standing behind. The question is, is Ty worth standing behind & letting grow? .... I think the answer is "no", but you never know, maybe he is like a young player who all of a sudden will just "get it". I am not claiming to know the ins-&-outs of being a high level basketball coach, but to me, it seems like the things that coach is failing in are some of the easiest things to see & adjust. If he's not getting the easy stuff, then it's hard to justify keeping the guy around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Favors had foul trouble.

And yeah, even that bitter loss was okay, with Houston and the Lakers losing. Especially the Lakers losing. TO NEW ORLEANS HAAAHAHAHA!! THAT should shake their confidence, right?

But no. WE choke. THEY get a 33-9 fourth quarter and win the stinkin' game. AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:58 pm

And Mo's layup was IN!! It was more than halfway down, I swear!!

Man, things are going bad when little arms extend from the ball and grab onto the rim to climb out and lose the game for you. Shti.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Corbins rotations, AGAIN, killed this team.

- DC starts, but then only plays 14 minutes.
- Marvin ALSO plays 14 minutes.
- Watson plays, period.
- Foye PLAYS THE MOST MINUTES OF ANYONE IN THE GAME: 34 MINUTES.
- Last few minutes, Mo comes back in for Foye. Oh. Wait. For Burks. F.
- So non-existent defense because Burks went out, so Irving gets going.
- Kanter( 8-11, 7rbs, 20mins) and Millsap (29 mins) both killing it. You think they maybe should take Marvins minutes Ty, DO YOU THINK!!?? F !!!!

Mo's driving layup was a great play, I'd take every time. Until it rolled around the rim and went out. Now the Jazz are so deeply in trouble with Corbin waiting too long and still effing things up, that this team is barely breathing. And has Chicago in Chicago tomorrow.

Corbin properly, EFFING FINALLY identifies a problem, and then fux it all up trying to fix it.
I can't stand watching Corbin and his terrible rotations and non-existent play calling. Can't stand it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13   GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS Utah @ Cleveland 3/6/13
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2