Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche

Go down 
+3
Romoholic
Richardale
TheMagnus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche Empty
PostSubject: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:05 pm

I don't know how many of you have been following this....

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9235252/2013-nba-playoffs-denver-nuggets-broadcaster-scott-hastings-calls-mark-jackson-classless

Quote :

Following Denver's series-saving Game 5 win, Jackson pointed the finger at the Nuggets for their physical play and for attempting to take cheap shots at Golden State star Stephen Curry.

"They tried to send hit men at Steph," Jackson said in his postgame news conference after the Warriors' 107-100 loss Tuesday night at the Pepsi Center.

"There were some dirty plays early," Jackson said. "It's playoff basketball. It's all right. Make no mistake, we were up 3-1 [in the series] playing hard, clean physical basketball, not trying to hurt anybody."

I concur with Mr. Hastings...
Quote :

"I thought he was classless," Hastings said on "The Dan Patrick Show" on Wednesday. "It didn't even need to be brought in there. There were two flagrant fouls called in that game, and neither one was against the Denver Nuggets."

And I loved Jacksons response, as if he's ever given two steaming turds about what's "fair"...

Quote :

"To say it was classless, it was unfair of him," Jackson said.

what a douche.

The kicker is that for the entire series Andrew Bogut was boxing out Kenneth Farhied by throwing elbows into his face and throat, and received multiple flagrant fouls for it. But that's just good clean playoff basketball. Repeatedly stepping in front of Curry and his glass ankles to body check him, that's some dirty pool right there.

What a fricking douche.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:37 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
I don't know how many of you have been following this....

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9235252/2013-nba-playoffs-denver-nuggets-broadcaster-scott-hastings-calls-mark-jackson-classless

Quote :

Following Denver's series-saving Game 5 win, Jackson pointed the finger at the Nuggets for their physical play and for attempting to take cheap shots at Golden State star Stephen Curry.

"They tried to send hit men at Steph," Jackson said in his postgame news conference after the Warriors' 107-100 loss Tuesday night at the Pepsi Center.

"There were some dirty plays early," Jackson said. "It's playoff basketball. It's all right. Make no mistake, we were up 3-1 [in the series] playing hard, clean physical basketball, not trying to hurt anybody."

I concur with Mr. Hastings...
Quote :

"I thought he was classless," Hastings said on "The Dan Patrick Show" on Wednesday. "It didn't even need to be brought in there. There were two flagrant fouls called in that game, and neither one was against the Denver Nuggets."

And I loved Jacksons response, as if he's ever given two steaming turds about what's "fair"...

Quote :

"To say it was classless, it was unfair of him," Jackson said.

what a douche.

The kicker is that for the entire series Andrew Bogut was boxing out Kenneth Farhied by throwing elbows into his face and throat, and received multiple flagrant fouls for it. But that's just good clean playoff basketball. Repeatedly stepping in front of Curry and his glass ankles to body check him, that's some dirty pool right there.

What a fricking douche.

I watched part of that game i was thinking they take curry out they could win. was some pretty hard hits on this kiid and if i was his coach and he was on my team. I to would let people know that we dont like the dirty cheap shots he has takin. I like seeing a coach stand up for his players and thats one thing i did'nt see enough of out of Corbin. If we draft that larkin kid i think he plays a lot like Curry with his quick release of the ball and is a shooter.some thing the jazz or any other team could use.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Richardale wrote:

I watched part of that game i was thinking they take curry out they could win. was some pretty hard hits on this kiid and if i was his coach and he was on my team i to would let people know that we dont like the dirty cheap shots he has taking. I like seeing a coach stand up for his players and that one thing i did'nt see enough of out of Corbin.

No, absolutely not. That's a major breach of the unwritten rules of sportsmanship. He basically said that the Denver Nuggets were dirty, that Coach Karl and his players were intentionally cheating and trying to hurt people. It is the sporting equivalent of calling someone a dirty-no-good-cheating-liar.

Even if you think something like that, you don't go saying it to the media, at least if you have the least bit of class you don't. I've got no respect for a coach that lacks respect for the game and his peers like that.

That is why I think Jackson's saying it was "unfair" is such hubris. Jackson is legendary for being willing to do almost whatever he could, no matter who he had to step on or what rules he had to break, in order to get what he wanted. He called it "leadership". His team as been borderline dirty at best in the series, yet he's the first one to start shooting his mouth off about dirty play.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:01 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:

I watched part of that game i was thinking they take curry out they could win. was some pretty hard hits on this kiid and if i was his coach and he was on my team i to would let people know that we dont like the dirty cheap shots he has taking. I like seeing a coach stand up for his players and that one thing i did'nt see enough of out of Corbin.

No, absolutely not. That's a major breach of the unwritten rules of sportsmanship. He basically said that the Denver Nuggets were dirty, that Coach Karl and his players were intentionally cheating and trying to hurt people. It is the sporting equivalent of calling someone a dirty-no-good-cheating-liar.

Even if you think something like that, you don't go saying it to the media, at least if you have the least bit of class you don't. I've got no respect for a coach that lacks respect for the game and his peers like that.

That is why I think Jackson's saying it was "unfair" is such hubris. Jackson is legendary for being willing to do almost whatever he could, no matter who he had to step on or what rules he had to break, in order to get what he wanted. He called it "leadership". His team as been borderline dirty at best in the series, yet he's the first one to start shooting his mouth off about dirty play.

I think he came out hope the hard play on his players would stop? And i can see coach P Jackson doing the same thing just to get that little edge next time they step out on the floor. I like it. edge baby?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Richardale wrote:

I think he came out hope the hard play on his players would stop? And i can see coach P Jackson doing the same thing just to get that little edge next time they step out on the floor. I like it. edge baby?

Phil Jackson never called out other coaches or players specifically for intentionally trying to hurt his players, especially not in the middle of a playoff series. He would often strongly hint at it, but even one of the douchiest coaches of all time had more class than to just accuse another team of intentionally trying to "lay a hit" on one of his players, and in the case of Kobe he probably had more legitimate gripes than any coach in history.

No, guys that understand the unwritten rules of sports, that have any class at all, know this stuff is supposed be handled on the court, not in the press room. Phil Jackson understood that, most players understand that.

Hell, Bogut, who is knee deep in the dirty here, even knows this...

Quote :

"Whether they're taking cheap shots or not, we'll discuss that at the end of the series," Bogut said Tuesday night. "We need to match their physicality, and we're going to do that in Game 6."

Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:38 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Phil Jackson never called out other coaches or players specifically for intentionally trying to hurt his players, especially not in the middle of a playoff series. He would often strongly hint at it, but even one of the douchiest coaches of all time had more class than to just accuse another team of intentionally trying to "lay a hit" on one of his players, and in the case of Kobe he probably had more legitimate gripes than any coach in history.

No, guys that understand the unwritten rules of sports, that have any class at all, know this stuff is supposed be handled on the court, not in the press room. Phil Jackson understood that, most players understand that.

Hell, Bogut, who is knee deep in the dirty here, even knows this...

Quote :

"Whether they're taking cheap shots or not, we'll discuss that at the end of the series," Bogut said Tuesday night. "We need to match their physicality, and we're going to do that in Game 6."

I can remember Phil calling the jazz out for the same stupid stuff. You have a ring on the line Jackson will do about anything. And i'm talking Phil not Mark.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm

I watched the pre game presser and it looked like whining and low class complaining. The NBA did fine him 25k so it seems they agree.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Wait, is this the same Mark Jackson that allegedly tried to split the Jazz locker room by lobbying to start ahead of JOHN Freakin' STOCKTON?

Yah, he is a douche.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I watched the pre game presser and it looked like whining and low class complaining. The NBA did fine him 25k so it seems they agree.

The so called league acts like its come a long ways. Not sure if they ever fined the zen master for stuff he whined about back in his hay day? But i remember thinking its was b.s and PJ was playing it up for the refs and his team to get that little edge in the next game. League has become fine happy to line somebodys pockets. I do want to say i never seen nor heard what Mark jackson said and done. But i would like to say if a guy flops and wins the game with the flop and get fined for it, It was worth it. Just ask the clips. And had that play never happened the jazz win that game and slip in over laker for that last playoff spot and westbrook never get hurt because they would be playing the jazz and OKC would've won there rings this year. Yep rockets would've play spur and been sweep by spurs? See now how much ONE LITTLE call has on this game?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Romoholic wrote:

I remember when all that was going down as well.lol Sloan was NOT having any ot that. Mark was pretty much done at that time with his career.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:39 am

I agree that it was a douche thing for Jackson to say. I even wrote a post at the time elsewhere on the net saying after the Warriors' dirty and epic tank job two seasons ago, Jackson didn't have the right to complain about anything. Gotta bunch of thumbs up on the post.

That being said, I think Jackson is doing a pretty good job with the Warriors. He has repeatedly been telling Curry and Thompson that they are the best shooting backcourt in the NBA. I think he really has Curry believing in himself. Curry has turned in to a legitimate Superstar. If he stays healthy, the Warriors are fortunate to have Curry signed on a long term deal at what is a very modest contract rate for a Superstar. But personally, I would be afraid of a long term contract with Curry because of his history with ankle problems. I don't see how that goes away.

Hope the Spurs toast the Warriors in the next round.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:51 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:

Hope the Spurs toast the Warriors in the next round.

Yes, this would be a good story. First, a team that shouldn't have made the playoffs took out "one of the most dangerous" teams in the West; nice to know things aren't so predictable and the playoffs have a purpose before we simply cut to the chase and have Miami play the winner of OKC/Spurs. And second, I hope the Spurs wipe the floor with the Warriors for karmic payback for last year's tank job, they can rest up a bit before the marquee match-up we are waiting for and the only real drama left in this NBA season. Unless you count the pending Nets and Celts comeback bids, which I don't, because its the East and there are like two teams over there worth watching.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:00 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:

That being said, I think Jackson is doing a pretty good job with the Warriors. He has repeatedly been telling Curry and Thompson that they are the best shooting backcourt in the NBA. I think he really has Curry believing in himself. Curry has turned in to a legitimate Superstar. If he stays healthy, the Warriors are fortunate to have Curry signed on a long term deal at what is a very modest contract rate for a Superstar. But personally, I would be afraid of a long term contract with Curry because of his history with ankle problems. I don't see how that goes away.

I'll do you one better here. The Warriors are no better than the Jazz on paper, their roster had a very similar makeup to the Jazz roster this season in terms of it's mix of vets and young players, but Mark Jackson's approach to his rotations was almost exactly the opposite of what Ty Corbins was.

Mark Jackson finnished 6th and won in the first round of the playoffs, Ty Corbin finnished 9th and went home early.

Ty Corbin was out-coached by Mark Jackson, that should be enough to get a Jazz coach fired all by itself.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:36 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

I'll do you one better here. The Warriors are no better than the Jazz on paper, their roster had a very similar makeup to the Jazz roster this season in terms of it's mix of vets and young players, but Mark Jackson's approach to his rotations was almost exactly the opposite of what Ty Corbins was.

Mark Jackson finnished 6th and won in the first round of the playoffs, Ty Corbin finnished 9th and went home early.

Ty Corbin was out-coached by Mark Jackson, that should be enough to get a Jazz coach fired all by itself.

Took the words out of my mouth! Yes, he douched out with that lame whine but you have to love what he did with that roster all season, developing the young guys, getting them ready for prime time, getting them to believe in themselves even when the league was considering them a flash in the pan that was sure to fade out of the playoff picture. Plus, he totally played to roster strengths which included full green lights for hot gunners and successfully integrated Bogut back in. And as I noted in another thread responding to Richard, on paper, the Jazz roster looked good enough to compete with Houston, Denver and GSW. What happened was beyond Mo's injury - it was poor coaching that included an inability to get the team to play well on the road. Some coaches have intangible ability to get and keep their team's up on the road, and MJ did that while Corbin miserably failed.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:39 am

MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

Took the words out of my mouth! Yes, he douched out with that lame whine but you have to love what he did with that roster all season, developing the young guys, getting them ready for prime time, getting them to believe in themselves even when the league was considering them a flash in the pan that was sure to fade out of the playoff picture. Plus, he totally played to roster strengths which included full green lights for hot gunners and successfully integrated Bogut back in. And as I noted in another thread responding to Richard, on paper, the Jazz roster looked good enough to compete with Houston, Denver and GSW. What happened was beyond Mo's injury - it was poor coaching that included an inability to get the team to play well on the road. Some coaches have intangible ability to get and keep their team's up on the road, and MJ did that while Corbin miserably failed.

Ok, time to stop. One more word of praise for Jackson and I swear I will start puking.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:19 am

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

Ok, time to stop. One more word of praise for Jackson and I swear I will start puking.

Wow, Mag. I'm pretty sure you know I have a lot of respect for you. On another thread (before I read this thread) I responded in praise of Jackson. In the past, I've accidentally alienated a lot of my Jazzfan/forumotion friends by stating my opinion. (The Fire Ty Corbin agenda sat well with most on this site, but, not me-- and, man did I catch flack for that position.) I really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. But, Mag, go ahead and puke it out now. After the finals, we'll all probably be more or less on the same page.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptyThu May 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Karl Malone’s perspective on the physicality of today’s NBA and the Golden State – Denver series
First of all, now, you talking to a man that, I didn’t start playing ’til I got hit, ok? …

That’s not physical, are you kidding me? Are you for real, Mark [Jackson]? That is not physical. No no no. So I can’t go with that. You know, I hear what he’s saying, and he’s trying to jockey, you know, Mark’s a quick study. He know, he pull a old Phil Jackson* out of his hat now, realizing that the series now 3-2 going back home.

So he want that extra motivation for the referees to kind of watch. But no. I, let me just tell you this: no. By the way. Mark played back then, now. That’s not physical. But hey, if it work for them. I’m just a old, retired, broke-down player that don’t have a job. He got a job, so I don’t know what I’m talking about.

* “He pull a old Phil Jackson.” UDQM

I found this today on a jazz site that talks about what i've been saying. felt like i should post it.

Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

I don't think GS will beat SA in the 2nd round (it's tied up 2-2 right now), but I think Jackson is doing an excellent job of coaching GS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche   Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark Jackson: Legendary Douche
Page 1 of 1