Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?

Go down 
+6
Romoholic
Richardale
Mutangclan
thejazzkickazz
TheMagnus
MTJazz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:03 pm

from a website:
Grade 1 Hamstring strain
With a grade 1 hamstring strain the athlete may have tightness in back of the thigh but will be able to walk normally. They will be aware of some discomfort and unable to operate at full speed. There will be little swelling and trying to bend the knee against resistance is unlikely to reproduce much pain.

Sounds to me that Parker can play through that at reduced performance leve but....at risk of a hamstring tear.  Uggh!
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 pm

MTJazz wrote:
from a website:
Grade 1 Hamstring strain
With a grade 1 hamstring strain the athlete may have tightness in back of the thigh but will be able to walk normally. They will be aware of some discomfort and unable to operate at full speed. There will be little swelling and trying to bend the knee against resistance is unlikely to reproduce much pain.

Sounds to me that Parker can play through that at reduced performance leve but....at risk of a hamstring tear.  Uggh!

Yeah, I just saw this on a golf website: 
Hamstring Injury Grade 1
A grade 1 strain will take about a week of recovery time. A grade 1 strain hurts minimally, there is no pain walking, and motion isn't hindered. But it is imperative that you not play golf or exercise your leg. Increased work and stress can be put on the leg after week one. If you jump into swinging or exercising immediately after the injury, there is a good chance of increased severity.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:15 am

Last night we saw Miami with the superstar version of Dwayne Wade and it really gives Miami a different look.   I thought Wade was the MVP of the game.  He got going on both ends of the floor before Lebron did, and he brought it both halfs.  Parker's play with his strained hamstring exceeded my expectations, but there was just too much Wade and Lebron. 

There is another guy with the heart of a champion that hasn't shown up, and that is Ginobili.  The Spurs need more from him, but it remains a question mark whether we will get it.  So far he really looks shaky out there --- like a former champion whose time has come and gone.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:36 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Last night we saw Miami with the superstar version of Dwayne Wade and it really gives Miami a different look.   I thought Wade was the MVP of the game.  He got going on both ends of the floor before Lebron did, and he brought it both halfs.  Parker's play with his strained hamstring exceeded my expectations, but there was just too much Wade and Lebron. 

There is another guy with the heart of a champion that hasn't shown up, and that is Ginobili.  The Spurs need more from him, but it remains a question mark whether we will get it.  So far he really looks shaky out there --- like a former champion whose time has come and gone.

Very good point - Manu is a bit of a missing link.  On the other hand, when the Heat go off like they are capable I'm not sure an extra helping of Manu is enough.  These are two evenly matched teams IMO. Going into this I thought Wade was a little more beat up than he appears to be and the Spurs role players superior giving SA the edge.  Its hard to figure out why in total the momemtum swings to one team one night and the other the next versus close games like the first.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 am

Yea D Wade played at his old alstar level last night. MVP for the game. Spurs have a must win game on sunday because no way they go to Miami and win two games in a roll. Spurs need to make free throws and drink a couple 5 hr energy drinks before next game!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:52 am

Richardale wrote:
Yea D Wade played at his old alstar level last night. MVP for the game. Spurs have a must win game on sunday because no way they go to Miami and win two games in a roll. Spurs need to make free throws and drink a couple 5 hr energy drinks before next game!

I am totally not used to seeing SA turn the ball over so much.  Yes, the Heat D can be savage in spades when they have it turned on, but surprising the number of unforced TO's out of what is usually a precision machine.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:08 am

MTJazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

I am totally not used to seeing SA turn the ball over so much.  Yes, the Heat D can be savage in spades when they have it turned on, but surprising the number of unforced TO's out of what is usually a precision machine.

Spurs won game 3 way to eazy and come out flat footed thinking it'll be a cake walk for game 4. Tide turned for the heat after taking back home court. Spurs wanted to not go back to Miami. Not that they cant win one there but if they end up needing to win two in Miami they can forget about it!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 am

So who do you think wins pivotal game 5 tonight?

I'm sticking to my guns and say San Antonio in a squeaker, no blow outs tonight.  I expect the SA role players have some fire again and even Manu having a reasonable game.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 am

MTJazz wrote:
So who do you think wins pivotal game 5 tonight?

I'm sticking to my guns and say San Antonio in a squeaker, no blow outs tonight.  I expect the SA role players have some fire again and even Manu having a reasonable game.

Well, I think it all comes down to Tony Parker. Sounds like he's one step away from a tear. If he's close to his usual self, then I think San An goes up tonight.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 am

I think Parker, Duncan, Wade and Lebron will all have pretty good games tonight, but that Parker and Duncan won't produce enough to offset Wade and Lebron.  So it will take superior play by the Spurs remaining players compared to the remaining Miami players for the Spurs to get the win.  I think the Spurs will get that good play out of some of their remaining players on their home floor tonight and get the win, but a person could do well in life betting against my NBA predictions.  LOL.

I am kinda rootin' for the Spurs because I still don't like the way the Miami Big Three got together and declared themselves a dynasty.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:31 am

Odds makers have Spurs by a hair but the line is thin given Wade appears capable of being Dwade again.

Down with the Declared Dynasty!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:39 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Odds makers have Spurs by a hair but the line is thin given Wade appears capable of being Dwade again.

I dont think Wade does it again myself. I think that was his one show. I do think however, that Manu shows up. Which at this point might even be more crazy. 

Crunch, KINDA rooting for the Spurs because of the way they got together? Man, I'm all the way in rooting against them. Would be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

I dont think Wade does it again myself. I think that was his one show. I do think however, that Manu shows up. Which at this point might even be more crazy. 

Crunch, KINDA rooting for the Spurs because of the way they got together? Man, I'm all the way in rooting against them. Would be hilarious.

MTJazz:
Yeah Crunch, I thought we both shared a longstanding respect for the Spurs instead of kinda rooting for them against the Evil Purchased Empire.  And Tang, it is definitely time for Manu to go off - otherwise its kind of sad watching a guy age-out instead of hanging up the sneakers, (ahem, Mr. McGrady).
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 pm

re:  Yeah Crunch, I thought we both shared a longstanding respect for the Spurs instead of kinda rooting for them against the Evil Purchased Empire.

Gotta temper my enthusiasm.  After all, this is a Jazz board! 

It was a brilliant move by Pop to start Manu, to change things up and put Manu in a position where it was easier for him to get his game going.  A lesser coach might have stuck with what was not working, or perhaps given up on him and played him less minutes.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
re:  Yeah Crunch, I thought we both shared a longstanding respect for the Spurs instead of kinda rooting for them against the Evil Purchased Empire.

Gotta temper my enthusiasm.  After all, this is a Jazz board! 

It was a brilliant move by Pop to start Manu, to change things up and put Manu in a position where it was easier for him to get his game going.  A lesser coach might have stuck with what was not working, or perhaps given up on him and played him less minutes.

re Crunch:  Yeah, that was brilliant, wasn't it?  Punch and counter-punch.  Hope Corbin is taking notes...(yeah, right).  This has been a phenomenally entertaining series for students of the game!  Once again clear that if you don't have a 3-point shooter who can get it launched with a man in his face and get high percentage makes one need not pencil in a finals appearance anytime soon.  Oh yeah, and you have to 3 stars and a brilliant coach.  I remember when stock-malone-horny-jerry gave the Jazz that hope!
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:57 am

Here is a classic, funny response from crusty old Pop when a reporter asked him about the similarity between Bruce Bowen and Danny Green:

"I guess they're both similar in neither one of them has any moves."

LaughingLaughingLaughing
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 pm

I am trying to go to new forum to sign up and post after game 6 in the finals, but I get "problem loading page". 

Anyway, Pop looked brilliant starting Manu in game five, but he didn't look too smart sticking with Manu tonight.  Eight friggin' turnovers!!!  What do you guys think Pop should do with Manu in game seven?  If Manu doesn't get it going early and starts out throwin' the ball away again, I think Pop should severely limit Manu's minutes.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:22 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
I am trying to go to new forum to sign up and post after game 6 in the finals, but I get "problem loading page". 

Anyway, Pop looked brilliant starting Manu in game five, but he didn't look too smart sticking with Manu tonight.  Eight friggin' turnovers!!!  What do you guys think Pop should do with Manu in game seven?  If Manu doesn't get it going early and starts out throwin' the ball away again, I think Pop should severely limit Manu's minutes.

Ya, Manu was unbelievably bad last night. I think they will need him to be at least decent to win this thing though, so I think you've got to stick with him.

The host for the new forum has been working through some issues, and they have been down around midnight MTN time for the last few nights doing maintenance. You should be good to go to sign up today.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:46 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

Ya, Manu was unbelievably bad last night. I think they will need him to be at least decent to win this thing though, so I think you've got to stick with him.

The host for the new forum has been working through some issues, and they have been down around midnight MTN time for the last few nights doing maintenance.  You should be good to go to sign up today.

MTJazz:

Hard to point a finger at one guy but Manu was in fact terrible.  I can forgive Kahwi for missing a free throw given how much he contributed elsewhere in points and boards but damn, not Manu.  Did anyone else besides me have a little paranoic flash at the end there on the no-call on the Manu drive, (obvious hack across the arm while shooting) and the foul by Bosh on Green on the last shot of overtime?  Felt like the refs were making sure there was a Game 7.  It has been noted that Manu was also traveling when he got fouled, BUT, no way was Green not fouled by Bosh.  Should have been 3 fouls.  Memories of Jordan pushing off.  It sullies the game in my mind!
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 pm

When his team loses, even the greatest active Coach in the NBA gets questioned: 

Gregg Popovich's substitutions open to second-guessing after Spurs' Game 6 NBA Finals loss

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--gregg-popovich-s-substitutions-open-to-second-guessing-after-spurs--game-6-loss-064549161.html

Folks are wondering about him sitting Duncan for a couple of defensive sets where Miami then got an offensive rebound and scored both times.  At least one of these offensive rebounds led to Ray's three to tie the game at end of regulation.  And they are wondering about no Parker on the floor for the possession where Manu drove to the basket and lost the ball --- final possession if I remember correctly.  I think Van Gundy was kinda surprised by the moves when he was calling the game, but Duncan and Parker are backing Pop 100%.  With all the success they have had, they would be crazy not to.

The old Spurs expended a lot of energy in the game 6 loss.  Too bad they don't get two days off before game seven.  That would increase the odds of old Duncan being able to bring it again.  Vegas has Miami favored by six.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Yeah, well on the odds.  I don't think there has ever been a finals series this up in the air.  Its popular to just default to the Heat on odds, but as we have seen, any night the other team can win.  Yes the old Spurs put it out there and will be on little rest...but, Wade is seriously in more pain/difficulty now that his knee has properly swelled from that hit...Manu still has the heart of a champion...Pop will get green open again...Duncan looks good.  On the other hand, the Heat have LeBron, and if he does bring it like last night, yes, Heat in seven.  But if he falters a little, the Spurs get that rebound, hit that last minute three, the refs have a moment of truth, who the hell knows? I for one have no prediction. Makes sense for either team to win. 

And, I think this is near the last post on this forum since the gang is shutting er down, lets move the conversation over to the new forum.

Post Script: Mt Jazz. 700 some-odd posts, former all star on the Romo forum do to game minutes but a slightly above meager reputation in the popularity poll.  Rookie again. But we just hired Mags as coach...all good, we will grow with the young team we are following.  Plus I have been working on my J, looking forward to my new contract, in great shape, ain't done yet.  Plus, Kanter is gonna be a star and Favors a pleasant afterthought, and I called that from day one, despite coach Mags opinion:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?   Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Wins the O'Brien Trophy?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2