Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  End of year grades Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

End of year grades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazz Dog
Rookie

End of year grades Empty
PostSubject: End of year grades   End of year grades EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:00 am

What do you all feel are the end of year grades for each member:

Jefferson play better defense than I expected and the offense was expected. Overall I would give him a B+.
Milsap played defense like I expected and the offense was a little off. Overall I would give him a B.
Favors played less than I expected but improved throughout the year, future all star. Overall I would give him a B.
Hayward exceeded everything in my opinion, future all star. Overall I would give him a A-. Last game dropped him since that is what I'll remember most.
Burks exceeded my expectation. Overall I would give B-.
Kanter started good, got wore down during the year. Overall I would give him C+.
Harris had a up and down season. Can't go higher than a C.
Back up point guards- Watson and Tinsely- B
Miles----F
Evans- won slam dunk contest, nothing more- C-
Bell and Howard- injured to much-D
Carroll- Only played part of the season- C, if he had played the whole year I would have gave him at least a B. I would sign him to three year deal.
Ahearn- incomplete
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

End of year grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of year grades   End of year grades EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:33 am

I think the Playoff series could be counted as a half grade demotion against everybody but Favors, Burks, and Carroll. Grading is tough because the scale is relative, do you grade the guys against eachother (competitive) or do you grade them against themselves and our expectations (non-competitive). I'll go with the latter since expectations and roles are so important in this conversation.

here's my grades...

Jefferson - A-
Milsap - A-
Favors - A

These three are the primary reason the Jazz had success this year. Jefferson and Millsap both had career best years that were worthy of All-Star consideration. Favors has developed like we hoped he would and came on so strong at the end of the season it's hard to believe he's not even 21 yet.

Hayward - B+

I thought Hayward had a very solid season, and while he exceeded my expectations he didn't shatter them, but his inconsistensy offensively prevents me from giving him an A. He needs to learn to keep his attitute and play level even when he's not hitting his shots, he does a good job defensively, but it seems that when he misses a few shots he changes his game offensively.

Burks - B+
Kanter - B

Tough to judge the rooks but both of them appear to be as good as advertised, in Burks case perhaps better, but neither of them had the "wow" factor that I would need to give a rook an A. Kanter also gets some extra credit for getting a shout out from Corbin when he was asked who impressed him most.

Harris - C+
Watson - C
Tinsely - C+

Even though Harris was by far the best of the three I think they are all in C territory. None of them really stepped up except in limited stretches, all of them provided flashes of really good play followed by stretches of bad play. Harris was actually pretty good towards the end of the season, but he still fell well short of his carreer bests. Tinsley was a pleasant surprise, and I love his attitude, but even at his best he was only slightly more effective than Watson.

Miles - C

He was just CJ Miles, again.

Bell - D
Howard - C

Bell gets a D because not only was he less than I hoped he was also whiny about it. Howard started like a C-, then became more like a B, and then got hurt, so I give him a C.

Evans - I

Evans continues to be rediculously effective in short minutes and could warrant an A, but there jsut aren't enough of them to make a judgement

Carroll - B+

Caroll was a pleasant surprise and gets a half grade bump for his playoff performance. Every team needs one or two guys like Carroll, even if they don't play much.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

End of year grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of year grades   End of year grades EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:45 am

I think as far as the rookies go. I was more impressed with Burks than Kanter. Not because I think Burks is a better player (though at this point he might be). It's more because I didn't expect much from him. I knew he had a game that would translate to the NBA, but I didn't think it would in his first season. His game is being aggresive and driving to the basket and drawing fouls. Rookies don't usually draw fouls.

I think Kanter is going to be better than Burks he has just not played enough basketball in the last couple of years. The off season is huge for him.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

End of year grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of year grades   End of year grades Empty

Back to top Go down

End of year grades
Page 1 of 1