Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  nash interested in Utah? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

nash interested in Utah?

Go down 
+8
Richardale
Romoholic
shelley_utahjazzfan
TheMagnus
outerspacefan
The Voice of Reason
Crunchtime1
therawns
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

nash interested in Utah? Empty
PostSubject: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:03 pm

In the NBA shootaround on ESPN, Chris Broussard reported that Nash is interested in Utah. Holy cow, some people have been posting about it, and I thought it was wishful thinking. I still think its probably wishful thinking, but that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:19 pm

therawns wrote:
In the NBA shootaround on ESPN, Chris Broussard reported that Nash is interested in Utah. Holy cow, some people have been posting about it, and I thought it was wishful thinking. I still think its probably wishful thinking, but that would be awesome.

affraid Is this a May Fool's joke? Gotta link Rawns?
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
therawns wrote:

affraid Is this a May Fool's joke? Gotta link Rawns?

No link. David Smith of the deseret news, said this on twitter.

"Chris Broussard mentioned Nash having interest in Utah on ESPN Pre-game tonight." This was after I tweeted him saying "isnt Nash wishful thinking?"
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:39 pm

I just got a semi....
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Love Nash bounce That said... I still think Jazz doesn't need to go PG-centric again Basketball
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:55 pm

I THINK it was Michael Wilbon that said this jazz team with Steve Nash next year would be a 55 win team.
I actually agree. If the jazz could land Nash and get a young PG for him to mentor....watch out.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:32 am

If Nash wants to go to a situation where he can 1. Play for a contender, 2. Be the #1 pg, and 3. Have his traditional offensive role of being the primary ball handler and facilitator, then there are few teams that make as much sense as the jazz.

Every team that has been rumored to be attractive just seem like horrible fits because they either already have a good starting PG or they have a ball dominating superstar (or two) that will force Nash to play off the ball.

On the other hand, the Jazz roster seems tailor made for a guy like Nash, and with the addition of another spot up shooter and solid wing defender (hopefully the same guy) this Jazz team could be among the elite in the West.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Sat May 12, 2012 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:33 am

I don't like Nash for some of his Anti-American sentiment. I don't know how I would feel if this happened.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:40 am

The more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense.

1. Let's look at who does not need a PG. Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Philly, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Washington (im not a jwall, fan, but this will be his 3rd year coming up, after being the first pick), San Antonio, OKC, Memphis, Clippers, Denver, Houston, Minnesota, GS (if curry is healthy), Sacramento with Isiah Thomas.

This leaves us with Miami, Indiana, Orlando, NY (depends on your view of Lin. I like him, but no way NY passes on Nash, if hes interested.) Detroit, Toronto, NJ (if dwill leaves), Charlotte, ***** (I like Sessions, but same thing as NY), Dallas, Utah, PHX, Portland, New Orleans. That is 15 teams that I could see having interest in Nash.

2. Nash is not a championship chaser, but he is also competitive. He will not sign with a rebuilding team to end his career. They have to be at least, at least descent. This takes out Detroit, Toronto, NJ, Charlotte, and New Orleans (although they actually played well with Gordon back.)

This leaves us with Miami, Indiana, Orlando (if they do not blow up the team), NY, *****, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, Portland. now its down to 9 teams.

3. Nash needs the ball to be effective. He is great at setting others up, but he has to have the ball to set them up. He never kills his dribble. He is a rare pass first, but ball dominant PG, if that makes sense. Wade and LeBron need the ball to be effective offensively. Signing in Miami would mean hes much more of a spot up shooter then he probably wants to be. I just dont see Miami as a good fit. That knocks it down to 8 teams.

4. Lets say he will not just sign for the mid-level exception. He is not a money chaser either, but he would have to cut his salary in half to sign for the mid-level exception. Here are the teams that are over the cap, with little flexibility going into the offseason. Orlando, (If Dwight stays. If he leaves, they blow up the team, and they are not a factor.) NY, and the *****.

We are left with Indiana, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, and Portland.

Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:41 am

therawns wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense.

1. Let's look at who does not need a PG. Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Philly, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Washington (im not a jwall, fan, but this will be his 3rd year coming up, after being the first pick), San Antonio, OKC, Memphis, Clippers, Denver, Houston, Minnesota, GS (if curry is healthy), Sacramento with Isiah Thomas.

This leaves us with Miami, Indiana, Orlando, NY (depends on your view of Lin. I like him, but no way NY passes on Nash, if hes interested.) Detroit, Toronto, NJ (if dwill leaves), Charlotte, ***** (I like Sessions, but same thing as NY), Dallas, Utah, PHX, Portland, New Orleans. That is 15 teams that I could see having interest in Nash.

2. Nash is not a championship chaser, but he is also competitive. He will not sign with a rebuilding team to end his career. They have to be at least, at least descent. This takes out Detroit, Toronto, NJ, Charlotte, and New Orleans (although they actually played well with Gordon back.)

This leaves us with Miami, Indiana, Orlando (if they do not blow up the team), NY, *****, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, Portland. now its down to 9 teams.

3. Nash needs the ball to be effective. He is great at setting others up, but he has to have the ball to set them up. He never kills his dribble. He is a rare pass first, but ball dominant PG, if that makes sense. Wade and LeBron need the ball to be effective offensively. Signing in Miami would mean hes much more of a spot up shooter then he probably wants to be. I just dont see Miami as a good fit. That knocks it down to 8 teams.

4. Lets say he will not just sign for the mid-level exception. He is not a money chaser either, but he would have to cut his salary in half to sign for the mid-level exception. Here are the teams that are over the cap, with little flexibility going into the offseason. Orlando, (If Dwight stays. If he leaves, they blow up the team, and they are not a factor.) NY, and the *****.

Lak ers are starred out on here, like its a cuss word. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for that post Rawns. Nash sounds like an actual possibility from your analysis. I read somewhere today that Stoudemire just threw some heavy compliments Lin's way, but now I can't find the article, and the articles I can find from two days ago say Stoudemire was actively campaigning for Nash. This same article that I can't find mentioned that Lin is a dream fit for the Knicks and the NBA in terms of worldwide marketing. And then speaking of ball dominating players that might put off Nash, there is Melo. On the other hand, I think Nash has lived in NYC before, working out with the pro soccer team there one off season, and he is an international celebrity himself.

If we were to land Nash (a huge "if" that is a long ways from happening), I would have to go back to the Jazz hard push to make the playoffs, including the big win over Phoenix where young Favors showed his potential, as being an important part in helping us get him. Favor's blocks on Gortat were big time plays. Gortat is probably still having nightmares about them.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:14 pm

shelley_utahjazzfan wrote:
I don't like Nash for some of his Anti-American sentiment. I don't know how I would feel if this happened.
Question
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:28 pm

therawns wrote:
... 3. Nash needs the ball to be effective. He is great at setting others up, but he has to have the ball to set them up. He never kills his dribble. He is a rare pass first, but ball dominant PG, if that makes sense...

Makes perfect sense; I word it PG-centric game. Not sure if that's what I want to see, but it probably would be insane to have a shot at Nash and let it go without a try.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
therawns wrote:
... 3. Nash needs the ball to be effective. He is great at setting others up, but he has to have the ball to set them up. He never kills his dribble. He is a rare pass first, but ball dominant PG, if that makes sense...

Makes perfect sense; I word it PG-centric game. Not sure if that's what I want to see, but it probably would be insane to have a shot at Nash and let it go without a try.

I'm curious what about Nash playing here to you not like. I'm not sure what you mean. That is exactly the kind of PG the Jazz NEED. The addition of Nash with one or two 3 pt shooter make the Jazz an immediate contender.

The Jazz made the playoffs and were a good team despite having a bad PG that doesn't fit the team and no outside shooting. You add those two thing and the Jazz are one of the top teams in the league! The team is a perfect fit for Nash and he is a perfect fit for the Jazz.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:
therawns wrote:

I'm curious what about Nash playing here to you not like. I'm not sure what you mean. That is exactly the kind of PG the Jazz NEED. The addition of Nash with one or two 3 pt shooter make the Jazz an immediate contender.

The Jazz made the playoffs and were a good team despite having a bad PG that doesn't fit the team and no outside shooting. You add those two thing and the Jazz are one of the top teams in the league! The team is a perfect fit for Nash and he is a perfect fit for the Jazz.

I think Harris has game but not sure if its better used coming off the bench, If for some how we got Steve N?
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:
therawns wrote:

Not a complaint. He would be an amazing signing by Utah. For Miami though, his game does not fit. In Miami, he would be relegated to mainly being an outside shooter, not the PG he has been in the past.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:42 pm

It's good to know that I am not the only one that hold those kind of feelings towards that team who's name is considered profanity in this forum. LOL

I tried to circumvent the system and just about had a month off but they decided to be lenient towards me and let me off with a warning to not do it again, their fans have really came back down to earth and soon will be jumping off of the bandwagon because of the way they have let the Nuggets off the hook and is now playing a game 7 because of it.

I like Nash but if the Jazz could sign a guy like Dragic or a Jeremy Lin first I think they have to do it with all of the young guys already on the team they would have many years to grow together and become one of the top teams in the West I think. Nash would no doubt make this a better team and if the Jazz could find a young up and coming type of PG that could learn under him for two or three season that would be great also but if they could get a guy like Dragic who has already been a student under Nash then you would be ahead in the game in finding the type of guy that will be around for years to come because of their youth and that would be best in the long run for this Jazz team.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:14 pm

therawns wrote:

Nice Rawns. Heres how I see it: Indiana I throw out, because they seem to like George Hill, and like Darren Collison enough. Though Nash would be a good fit there.

I think that leaves the other four and in Dallas, Nash could go back to where it started, reunite with Dirk, play for a championship, and have fun with a 1-2 PG punch with Kidd. HIGHLY POSSIBLE.

Portland, young pieces, talented, just need direction. Good fit. FAIRLY POSSIBLE.
Phoenix, it's home. If Grant Hill resigned I think Nash might just want to finish up having fun with his guys. I'd say FAIRLY POSSIBLE.

Utah, the way it's structured, has young but talented pieces, already have shown they are 8th seed minimum, with out a great PG. Offense is tailor made for a guy with Nash's talents. I'd say HIGHLY POSSIBLE.

So that leaves Dallas/Utah in my opinion. But if Nash did indeed say he was interested in playing in Utah?????? Oh man, I'd say it's like 65% or more he actually comes-----it's just too perfect of a fit.
And by the way, if Devin were kept as our change of pace guard????? And backed up Nash once again, how sweet would that be???? Damian Lilliard our 3rd string????? I gotta slow down.....starting to hyperventilate.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm

DW is going to Dallas, so throw that one out.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
therawns wrote:

Nice Rawns. Heres how I see it: Indiana I throw out, because they seem to like George Hill, and like Darren Collison enough. Though Nash would be a good fit there.

I think that leaves the other four and in Dallas, Nash could go back to where it started, reunite with Dirk, play for a championship, and have fun with a 1-2 PG punch with Kidd. HIGHLY POSSIBLE.

Portland, young pieces, talented, just need direction. Good fit. FAIRLY POSSIBLE.
Phoenix, it's home. If Grant Hill resigned I think Nash might just want to finish up having fun with his guys. I'd say FAIRLY POSSIBLE.

Utah, the way it's structured, has young but talented pieces, already have shown they are 8th seed minimum, with out a great PG. Offense is tailor made for a guy with Nash's talents. I'd say HIGHLY POSSIBLE.

So that leaves Dallas/Utah in my opinion. But if Nash did indeed say he was interested in playing in Utah?????? Oh man, I'd say it's like 65% or more he actually comes-----it's just too perfect of a fit.
And by the way, if Devin were kept as our change of pace guard????? And backed up Nash once again, how sweet would that be???? Damian Lilliard our 3rd string????? I gotta slow down.....starting to hyperventilate.

As for Indy, i disagree. I think they are okay with collison/hill, but i dont think they are happy. They benched Collison to start Hill. Hill is really a combo guard. In indy's mind they traded the 15th pick for a top notch 6th man. That really was a no brainer to the Pacers. I think both are very good backups, but i dont like them as starters. They are on the border between that. Do not forget that Hill is a restricted free agent. They get Nash, and they just let Hill go.

I would put Dallas as the favorite if they do not get Dwill.

Another thing to consider is the fountain of youth is in Phoenix. Hill miraculously gets healthy, same with Redd. Shaq for the most part stayed healthy. Nash got better in his 30's. This might also have something to do with the training staff, but my money is the fountain of youth is located in PHX. (Kurt Warner was also a beast in his mid to late 30's, and lead the cards to the super bowl.)
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:30 am

Add Toronto to it actually. They said they're pushing hard for Nash, and if not then Lin.
With JV coming over to compliment Bargs supposedly, and a high draft pick SF coming their way, they'll be a playoff competing team.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:51 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Add Toronto to it actually. They said they're pushing hard for Nash, and if not then Lin.
With JV coming over to compliment Bargs supposedly, and a high draft pick SF coming their way, they'll be a playoff competing team.

I totally disagree. I have never seen jan vassely play, so i cant really judge him all that much, but they need more than him to to be a playoff contender. They went 23-43. Convert that to 82 games and that is only 28-29 wins. I doubt jan vassely is worht 10+ wins by himself.

The bigger factor is he is Canadian, and obviously, they are in Canada. If you said that, okay, but to call them a playoff contender right now? No. With Nash? Probably, but still a one and done in the playoffs is their ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:54 am

therawns wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I totally disagree. I have never seen jan vassely play, so i cant really judge him all that much, but they need more than him to to be a playoff contender. They went 23-43. Convert that to 82 games and that is only 28-29 wins. I doubt jan vassely is worht 10+ wins by himself.

The bigger factor is he is Canadian, and obviously, they are in Canada. If you said that, okay, but to call them a playoff contender right now? No. With Nash? Probably, but still a one and done in the playoffs is their ceiling.

I figured being Canadian goes without saying; and since this is is last contract, finishing playing in front of his own country is huge.

Its not Vesely, is Jonas Valanciunas. Vesely is in Washington. JV supposedly is ready to go, and brings defense with him. Should be a perfect compliment to Bargs despite the rookie bumps and bruises. Though he has been playing well in Euroleague, and isn't a normal rookie.

And in the east, they'll be fighting with other mid-tier level teams, and Nash easily makes that difference. Combine that with playing in his own country?? Yea, Toronto could be it.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:46 am

One thing to remember is that Jeff Hornacek and Nash are very close friends. That could factor into the Jazz favor.

I would not keep Harris if we got Nash, that is a lot of cash to pay for a back up. Better spent getting a shooter.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:02 am

outerspacefan wrote:
shelley_utahjazzfan wrote:
Question

Oh, just his anti-war and "los suns" b.s. but nobody cares about that crap but me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nash interested in Utah?   nash interested in Utah? Empty

Back to top Go down

nash interested in Utah?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next