Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Go get Nash thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go get Nash thread

Go down 
+3
Richardale
Romoholic
Jazz Dog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazz Dog
Rookie

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 pm

After watching Parker disect us today, I'm 100% on board going and getting our own doctor of chaos. I believe Nash is just what this team needs to get us not only to compete but to make a run at the championship in the next couple years.

I like the friendship that Nash and Hornacek has, we should use that to our advantage. I thnk Nash would view the Jazz us a team who has the potential to be something special.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:45 pm

I would have said no before today. It's pretty obvious that Harris isn't the answer at pg. Get Nash in here and bring in a young pg to play behind him and learn. 3 years of Nash is better than searching and still playing harris.

You should have made this a pole. It would have been the first one.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I would love to see Nash in a jazz uni. Love that Gordo dragit kid that played behind Nash then with the Rockets. Or maybe a humble D will. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Richardale wrote:
I would love to see Nash in a jazz uni. Love that Gordo dragit kid that played behind Nash then with the Rockets. Or maybe a humble D will. Basketball

Its sad how almost everything falls into place with Dwill coming to Utah. Young, 3pt shooting, great passer and vision, bigger PG, unrestricted FA, familiarity with Utah and its team.....everything except for that Dwill has said he's done with Utah.

As for Nash, he finally showed his age this year. The assists were there, but his shooting wasn't as good as it usually was. And he has kept his body in tip top shape every single year. So with that in mind, and the fact that he still dropped off this year, I'm not sure at all. If it was just to drop Devin and pick up Nash, with Tinsley backing him up, I"m not a fan of getting Nash. I think next year he has a season that is not as good as this one.

Now if we were able to draft Lilliard or Marshall, then I'm huge on the Nash wagon. The rooks can learn from him AND get a few more minutes than normal since he'll need some rest.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Its sad how almost everything falls into place with Dwill coming to Utah. Young, 3pt shooting, great passer and vision, bigger PG, unrestricted FA, familiarity with Utah and its team.....everything except for that Dwill has said he's done with Utah.

As for Nash, he finally showed his age this year. The assists were there, but his shooting wasn't as good as it usually was. And he has kept his body in tip top shape every single year. So with that in mind, and the fact that he still dropped off this year, I'm not sure at all. If it was just to drop Devin and pick up Nash, with Tinsley backing him up, I"m not a fan of getting Nash. I think next year he has a season that is not as good as this one.

Now if we were able to draft Lilliard or Marshall, then I'm huge on the Nash wagon. The rooks can learn from him AND get a few more minutes than normal since he'll need some rest.

I'd love to get Deron back, but there is 0% chance that would happen.

As far as Nash is concerned. I would take him as a stop gap at pg. Even Nash at 60% of his former self is still much better than what we got out of Harris today.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 am

I'm no longer on Steve Nash's bandwagon after the Spurs game. The Jazz need a PG that can give Parker some resistance on defense and effectively run the offense. Here are my list of PG that can do that.

D-Will, Rondo, and Dragic (he's better than Harris). Another option is to pursue James Harden as PG. I think pursuing Harden is the best option because he'll be cheaper than D-will and easier to get than Rondo. Dragic, on the other hand, is a slight upgrade from Harris.

Defense wins championships. If the Jazz can slow down dribble penetration, they'll be contenders but they currently can't with the PGs of Harris and Tinsley. I honestly believe signing Harden would make the Jazz an instant contender next season assuming our young core improves and Jefferson and Millsap stay the same. Harden would beef up the perimeter defense and spread the floor offensively.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 am

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
I'm no longer on Steve Nash's bandwagon after the Spurs game. The Jazz need a PG that can give Parker some resistance on defense and effectively run the offense. Here are my list of PG that can do that.

D-Will, Rondo, and Dragic (he's better than Harris). Another option is to pursue James Harden as PG. I think pursuing Harden is the best option because he'll be cheaper than D-will and easier to get than Rondo. Dragic, on the other hand, is a slight upgrade from Harris.

Defense wins championships. If the Jazz can slow down dribble penetration, they'll be contenders but they currently can't with the PGs of Harris and Tinsley. I honestly believe signing Harden would make the Jazz an instant contender next season assuming our young core improves and Jefferson and Millsap stay the same. Harden would beef up the perimeter defense and spread the floor offensively.

Agree, defense wins championships 100%. This team is a defending team. But I also think that Devin is getting a pretty bad rap from Jazz fans on this one. Tony Parker has had an MVP type season, and combine that with the Spurs ability to play to their strengths, and Pop who knows how to coach, I dont think much of this falls on Devin at all.

Dwill, Rondo, Dragic yes. Possibility of any of them.....hmmmm, I'm not so sure of that. Will say I think Dragic is the complete package and a definite upgrade over what we have individually right now.
As for Harden I think it's interesting but I've never heard of him as a distributor, and not sure he thinks of himself that way either. And this team needs a distributing PG first, defender and outside shooter 2nd, in my opinion. Also, I think he wants to go back to OKC regardless of how they do this year.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 am

Mutangclan wrote:
everything except for that Dwill has said he's done with Utah.

When and where did he say that? I keep hearing Dallas is his most likely destination, but if our younger Jazz team was able to win more games in this first round than the old Mavs do, I don't know why we wouldn't be another team on his list for consideration. The old Coach (whom I liked a lot) is gone; the new coach is very popular and well respected by the players and we certainly have more upside with this group than the group Deron had around him when he was traded. On the other hand, there may be reasons for O'Conner and Corbin not to put Deron on their list either; I don't know.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 am

Nash is a great PG but I just don't see him comeing to Utah at this stage of his career I think he either signs with the Suns or a team like the Heat who will be competing for a title.

DWill would be nice also I still think he is one of the top PG's in the league but I think he also sign's with a contender like Dallas or he stays with the Nets if they can trade for Howard this summer.

Dragic is the guy that I want the Jazz to sign he is everything they need in a PG he has shown with his playing the starting PG for the Rockets that he is ready to run his own team and I think he would fit right in with the Jazz's Young guns. There are going to be a large list of free agent PG's this summer for the Jazz to choose from if they don't get a 1st round pick so we will just have to wait and see how things turn out.

I am not down on Harris because he had one bad game in the playoffs it is just that I don't think he is the answer for this team at the PG spot going forward he just don't have the skills this team needs for that position with the group of Young Kids they have now.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
everything except for that Dwill has said he's done with Utah.

When and where did he say that? I keep hearing Dallas is his most likely destination, but if our younger Jazz team was able to win more games in this first round than the old Mavs do, I don't know why we wouldn't be another team on his list for consideration. The old Coach (whom I liked a lot) is gone; the new coach is very popular and well respected by the players and we certainly have more upside with this group than the group Deron had around him when he was traded. On the other hand, there may be reasons for O'Conner and Corbin not to put Deron on their list either; I don't know.

It was about 2 months ago, he was being interviewed after a game I believe. Can't remember exactly when or where it was, but I was watching the interview and the reporter asked my exact thoughts: "What about Utah? Young, solid pieces, just need a PG?" Deron's reply was nice, but he added "nah, I love Utah and the fans, but that part of my life is over with. I've moved on, but wish them luck". Really too bad.

I agree with all you said about this current Jazz team though. Thats why I say its too bad. Deron could make this OKC 2.0.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Go get Nash thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go get Nash thread   Go get Nash thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Go get Nash thread
Page 1 of 1