Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?

Go down 
+5
aliveandkickin
shelley_utahjazzfan
TheMagnus
The Voice of Reason
Romoholic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? Empty
PostSubject: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm pretty shocked the Thunder won 4 straight. The spurs had won something like 20 in a row.

So who is in against them Celtics or Heat? I'm pulling for the Celtics I guess. Of course it would be nice to see the heat lose in the finals two years in a row.

Anyhow here is your NBA champion OKC Thunder!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:48 pm

I am surprised too...but for the most part, I am ok with OKC moving on. I do hate Fisher and I'm not a huge fan of Westbrook either, but ce la vie.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 pm

P.S. I hope it's Boston.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:27 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I am surprised too...but for the most part, I am ok with OKC moving on. I do hate Fisher and I'm not a huge fan of Westbrook either, but ce la vie.

Yeah I'm the same way. I hate fisher and don't like Westbrook's attitude.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:23 am

I also hope it is Boston in the finals, because I both like Boston more and I think it will be a better series.

That Boston team just doesn't quit, and they find ways to win games they shouldn't. I definitely think the Thunder will win the Championship, but I can't help but feel like Boston would surprize a lot of people (again) before they did.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 am

Please let it be Boston.
Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Dang!
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I don't see the reason to hate Fisher but everyone has their reasons for one thing or another and I'm not different. I dislike Garnett now since his tough guy attitude has exacerbated with aging.
Yeah, it would be great to see the heat go down again.
BTW, I've only watched Westbrook a few times this yr. Don't know anything about an attitude but I really like his body (doing manly pushups as I type this), meaning, he has to be the most athletic pg in the league. He takes a lot of shots, perhaps ill-advised, but he can sure create havoc- especially when his J is falling.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
I don't see the reason to hate Fisher but everyone has their reasons for one thing or another and I'm not different. I dislike Garnett now since his tough guy attitude has exacerbated with aging.
Yeah, it would be great to see the heat go down again.
BTW, I've only watched Westbrook a few times this yr. Don't know anything about an attitude but I really like his body (doing manly pushups as I type this), meaning, he has to be the most athletic pg in the league. He takes a lot of shots, perhaps ill-advised, but he can sure create havoc- especially when his J is falling.

My biggest Fisher issue, is that when he was traded to Houston this year he refused to play for them, and then ran to a title contender. I hate it when players refuse to go where they are traded...it just screams spoiled rotten, prima donna, & entitled to me. A real man would have at least finished the season and then worked something out....at the very least.
Fisher is riding the coat tails of yet another championship team.
I actually didn't mind when he left The jazz, nor the way he did it....I even defended him, but when this deal with Houston went down...he lost all credibility with me.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Ah, didn't know that about Fisher. Yeah, I agree. Didn't Elway do the same thing when he got drafted by a team he didn't like? On the other hand there's guys like Steve Young that stay the course and prepare themselves when the time comes for them to shine.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Figured this is probably the best place to put this, since OKC just might be in the Finals for the foreseeable future.

This draft couldn't have worked out WORSE for Jazz fans in reference to what surely will be our competition for the next 5 years, the OKC Thunder. The Thunder just drafted Perry Jones III at 29. That guy was in the lottery up until earlier this week!! He plummeted tonight, possibly due to rumors about maybe a meniscus issue, and before that there was some talk about maybe his "drive" or "desire".
But man oh man, there could be 28 teams that want to shoot themselves on this one. I'm not saying I think Perry is going to be great. I think he's going to be pretty good if he stays healthy, and theres serious potential there for him to be a very good player. But he dropped 20 spots man.....and the reigning WC Champs just scooped him up.

UGH!!!
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:16 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Figured this is probably the best place to put this, since OKC just might be in the Finals for the foreseeable future.

This draft couldn't have worked out WORSE for Jazz fans in reference to what surely will be our competition for the next 5 years, the OKC Thunder. The Thunder just drafted Perry Jones III at 29. That guy was in the lottery up until earlier this week!! He plummeted tonight, possibly due to rumors about maybe a meniscus issue, and before that there was some talk about maybe his "drive" or "desire".
But man oh man, there could be 28 teams that want to shoot themselves on this one. I'm not saying I think Perry is going to be great. I think he's going to be pretty good if he stays healthy, and theres serious potential there for him to be a very good player. But he dropped 20 spots man.....and the reigning WC Champs just scooped him up.

UGH!!!

I was going to say the same thing.

This was a hard draft to stomach for me. First I see the Jazz-screwing-Blazers draft Lillard, then see the damn-tanking-Warriors get Harrison Barnes, who I feel the Jazz got screwed out of getting for the second year in a row (I think the Jazz would have taken him #3 last year if it weren't for the lockout causing him to stay in schol). Then to make matters worse, Jones drops to the Thunder.

Now the big trade on the horizon is bringing a near 30 year old Mo Williams back to Utah. I want his shooting ability, as it's desperately needed. But he's only a small upgrade over Harris IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like Mo, but I was hoping or more out of the exception and think the Jazz may be jumping the gun instead of waiting for other oppotunities.

On the positive side, Murphy seems like, with time, he could be a player.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Dang. I'd worked myself up into a full-fledged happy for a few minutes. Now, that parade has been duly rained upon. Thanx, Z-man.

Next you'll tell my idea of filling our OWN roster with ex-Jazz players (Korver, AK and Fez) like the Bulls did, is just a pipe dream. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:34 am

I'm still upset, still fearful. Perry Jones is a top 5 talent and just went to OKC, our main competition. A guy that could play 3 positions, can do everything. Can't believe it. If his health was a huge mistake by others, OKC is going to be unstoppable IMO.

Btw, did the Cavs really just reach for a player that was the 6th man on his own college team??????? Over Harrison Barnes, Rivers??? I think the Cavs blew it....
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Dang. I'd worked myself up into a full-fledged happy for a few minutes. Now, that parade has been duly rained upon. Thanx, Z-man.

Next you'll tell my idea of filling our OWN roster with ex-Jazz players (Korver, AK and Fez) like the Bulls did, is just a pipe dream. Crying or Very sad

Sorry about that. I'm not typically the negative type, but Barnes, Lillard and Jones were the three guys I was hoping the Jazz could find a way to land, and instead they ended up in the worst places for me to stomach (other than LaLa Land).

No worries though (yet). I will trust that KOC hs some more tricks up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
I'm still upset, still fearful. Perry Jones is a top 5 talent and just went to OKC, our main competition. A guy that could play 3 positions, can do everything. Can't believe it. If his health was a huge mistake by others, OKC is going to be unstoppable IMO.

Btw, did the Cavs really just reach for a player that was the 6th man on his own college team??????? Over Harrison Barnes, Rivers??? I think the Cavs blew it....

I agree about both Jones and Barnes. Cav's messed up and OKC fans have to be estatic.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:54 pm

I was shocked when Perry fell all the way to OKC. As far as the Cavs go they reached in last years draft with the forth pick then to.Crazy Gm if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?   The Thunder and ___________ in the finals? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thunder and ___________ in the finals?
Page 1 of 1