Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raja refusing a buyout!

Go down 
+11
shelley_utahjazzfan
aliveandkickin
MTJazz
TheMagnus
Richardale
rorybreaker
ptaz66
therawns
Mutangclan
Crunchtime1
Romoholic
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:38 pm

"Right now, I'm taking a physical on Monday out in Salt Lake," said Bell, who turned 36 Wednesday. "We had a buyout in place early in the summer. The Jazz never officially presented it to me. But they never really officially told me I was coming back there, either. So I'm really in a limbo situation right now."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/heat-blog/sfl-miami-heat-raja-bell-s092112,0,2947946.story?track=rss
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 am

MTJazz wrote:
therawns wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
According to the Trib, Bell isn't expected to show up to camp even though he's still technically on contract, and all parties seem to feel that his time in Utah is done.

That's good news to me, I was afraid that he would back out on the buyout when he saw nobody else wanted him and the Jazz, being who they are, would just call it water under the bridge and put him back with the team, but it looks like that isn't going to happen, and I think that is a good thing.

What is your guess? Buy-out? A trade for a low second round pick? Surely there is a good team out there that needs 5 minutes a night of Bell's better than average, (not shut down anymore) defense, 3rd option shooting guard?????

He will be bought out IF there is a wesley matthews in camp. I have been preaching unless they save a boat load of money, there is little upside to buying him out. With Bell, you have 15 guys. No need to cut anybody. I look at Bell as an insurance policy. Let's say there is an injury. The Jazz use a future pick + bell as the salary filler to replace the injured player in a trade. Similar to the Korver trade where they used giricek as the salary filler.

Fair point Rawns, but doesn't having him "on the team" but such a cancer that he can't practice or be in the facility kind of kill his value to like next to nothing? Seems like a bad call on both his and the team's part. If I'm Raja and actually want to still play in the league his only shot is getting started somewhere else right now. Also, I'm not sure the Wes Matthews bar is appropriate. Those guys don't come along that often yet there are craploads of guys with potential, like Murphy for instance. If you're going to carry 15 guys why not have guy #15 be a guy with potential that another team can see as well? If I'm the other team I'd rather have potential than a salary filler who I was then going to waive anyway. Am I missing something?

The thing you are missing is I think he already has negative trade value. I would not take him for a 2nd round pick. In fact, if I am a GM I will take bell if you give me a 2nd round pick. I need a 13th man win player. Why not just sign tmac to the minimum contract? costs less money, without the possible headache, as far as we know. Is he a cancer if he is away from the team?

I know the wes matthews comparison is a very rare comparison. Chances are that wont happen. Utah only keeps 14 usually anyway. You do that just without bell.

Here is what i mean by the giricek comparison. His salary is close to bell's salary when he was traded. Did Phlly care about him? Not really, after 12 games he was released. He was a salary filler so the salaries could match up in the trade. It is the same thing with Bell.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Did I call it or did I call it; The Kaman treatment.....the "stay home and away from the team until we find a resolution we like". I likey...

Brian T. Smith ‏@tribjazz

Article: #UtahJazz announce veteran guard Raja Bell won't attend #NBA training camp; no buyout resolution http://goo.gl/tFvgI
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Did I call it or did I call it; The Kaman treatment.....the "stay home and away from the team until we find a resolution we like". I likey...

Brian T. Smith ‏@tribjazz

Article: #UtahJazz announce veteran guard Raja Bell won't attend #NBA training camp; no buyout resolution http://goo.gl/tFvgI
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/20120928-raja-bell-statement.html
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 am

So he won't be bought out. His salary isn't high enough to amnesty. I doubt the Jazz could lure a team into getting a pick for him. I really doubt a team would want to trade for him unless it was a similar player they want to get rid of that doesn't add value to their team... It's possible the Jazz could trade him for another guy that's in the doghouse I guess....

Who cares right? I see it as a good thing he'll be staying home counting his money for this year and letting younger guys that have already outperformed him play. I can see Corbin and the Jazz brass just looking at him as a discontent that doesn't add to the team or won't play anyway so why invite him to camp.

Speculating, but I doubt the full story is being told that he wasn't offered a buyout because that would save the Jazz money. Am I wrong? Looks like Bells trying to save face. He just wants the last yr of his contract money and doesn't want to get less in a buyout- while denying a buyout was offered. The Jazz can't really publically say "we tried to buy him out but he refused."...Doing that would definitely lessen his trade value- if there is any in the first place. Him and his agent probably have asked around if a team is interested in him playing for them and there aren't any takers. Don't know if that's legal since he's under contract still but I wouldn't be surprised if it still happens in the league.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:16 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
So he won't be bought out. His salary isn't high enough to amnesty. I doubt the Jazz could lure a team into getting a pick for him. I really doubt a team would want to trade for him unless it was a similar player they want to get rid of that doesn't add value to their team... It's possible the Jazz could trade him for another guy that's in the doghouse I guess....

Who cares right? I see it as a good thing he'll be staying home counting his money for this year and letting younger guys that have already outperformed him play. I can see Corbin and the Jazz brass just looking at him as a discontent that doesn't add to the team or won't play anyway so why invite him to camp.

Speculating, but I doubt the full story is being told that he wasn't offered a buyout because that would save the Jazz money. Am I wrong? Looks like Bells trying to save face. He just wants the last yr of his contract money and doesn't want to get less in a buyout- while denying a buyout was offered. The Jazz can't really publically say "we tried to buy him out but he refused."...Doing that would definitely lessen his trade value- if there is any in the first place. Him and his agent probably have asked around if a team is interested in him playing for them and there aren't any takers. Don't know if that's legal since he's under contract still but I wouldn't be surprised if it still happens in the league.

Rawns made me see the light. Worst case scenario is the Jazz waste his salary money while he sits at home all year - bummer but manageable. Dude shit his own bed, its on him. Best case scenario he is salary filler on a trade. His career is obviously about over, an old vet with questionable game and a bad attitude, very few if any teams in the league have time for that.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:05 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:

Yeah the amnesty deadline has come and gone and he is in the last year of his contract now. Probably should have used it on him when they had the chance. His contract could come in handy though if they need to match salary for a trade. At least we won't ever have to see him in a Jazz uniform again.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Uhhhhh, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but.....isn't that a Bobcats jersey Raja is wearing????

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55004668-87/jazz-bell-team-camp.html.csp

Back to top Go down
shelley_utahjazzfan
Rookie
shelley_utahjazzfan

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Uhhhhh, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but.....isn't that a Bobcats jersey Raja is wearing????

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55004668-87/jazz-bell-team-camp.html.csp

Pretty amusing that they used that picture of hotness for the article.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I hope the Jazz can find a way to settle things with Bell because I really like the way D Jackson is playing so far in pre-season. I think he could be a good player for the Jazz if they have an injure in the front court.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:36 am

Jackson/Quinn should get a contract. Bell/Watson should be buyed out, waived, whatever.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 am

So it looks like buyout talks are off...

Quote :

Almost since free agency started the Utah Jazz have been trying to reach and agreement with Raja Bell to buy out his $3.5 million contract and let him go as a free agent. Bell and Jazz coach Tyron Corbin didn’t get along and the Jazz like Corbin so Bell was not coming back to a team that sent him home from a road trip early last season. However, the two sides haven’t reached a buyout deal (meaning Bell isn’t giving anything back, or not enough for the Jazz anyway). While Bell remains on the Jazz roster the franchise told him not to bother to show up to training camp. He is not around.

Then comes a report Tuesday — with word allegedly from Bell’s agent — that the buyout talks are broken off and both sides are trying to find a trade for Bell.

But Bell’s agent has now told the more respected publication the Deseret News that is not the case.

Quote :

“Absolutely not,” agent Herb Rudoy told the Deseret News when asked about Tuesday’s RealGM.com article, which reported that he’d talked about the Jazz moving on to considering trade scenarios instead of finding a financial settlement.

“I was asked if we are discussing a buyout and I said ‘no.’ The rest is pure speculation,” Rudoy said. “There is no trade talk that I know about.”
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/24/raja-bells-agent-denies-report-of-trade-talks-with-jazz/

So bottom line is that Bell couldn't find any NBA team that would pay him the Vet Minimum to let him play this year so he refused to give any money back in a buyout, and therefore the Jazz refused to buy him out because he could still possibly be of some value as a trade piece.

Therefore, Raja Bell shall be known from henceforth as Raja Bell's Expiring Contract.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:29 am

TheMagnus wrote:

So bottom line is that Bell couldn't find any NBA team that would pay him the Vet Minimum to let him play this year so he refused to give any money back in a buyout, and therefore the Jazz refused to buy him out because he could still possibly be of some value as a trade piece.

Therefore, Raja Bell shall be known from henceforth as Raja Bell's Expiring Contract.

Or better yet, let's change it simply to "RBEC". No need even speaking of him. I've never been more disappointed in a Jazz player. Not becuase he's the worst player, has the worst contract, is the biggest bust, is the biggest liar (Fisher)or is even the worst guy .... more-so because I had high expectations of his leadership, toughness & character when he re-joined the team..... boy was I wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:00 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Or better yet, let's change it simply to "RBEC". No need even speaking of him. I've never been more disappointed in a Jazz player. Not becuase he's the worst player, has the worst contract, is the biggest bust, is the biggest liar (Fisher)or is even the worst guy .... more-so because I had high expectations of his leadership, toughness & character when he re-joined the team..... boy was I wrong.

You aren't the only one bro. I was very excited with that signing. I thought he would bring some hard nosed defense and good three point shooting. I didn't see him being the worst signing in recent Jazz history, maybe even all time.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Romoholic wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

You aren't the only one bro. I was very excited with that signing. I thought he would bring some hard nosed defense and good three point shooting. I didn't see him being the worst signing in recent Jazz history, maybe even all time.

Yeah, me too!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:12 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Yeah, me too!

I know i'm not the only one who never wanted him back.When he signed with the suns and move on as fast as he could i was done with him and never wanted him back.

Last edited by Richardale on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Ya,i sort of agree, but to me the tragedy of RBEC is as much about the fact that the jazz gave up wesley mathews thinking that bell would be a less expensive replacement that also added veteran leadership.

In this case the jazz truly got less than they paid for.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Ya,i sort of agree, but to me the tragedy of RBEC is as much about the fact that the jazz gave up wesley mathews thinking that bell would be a less expensive replacement that also added veteran leadership.

In this case the jazz truly got less than they paid for.

LOL less is a understatement! love to have paid it to Mathews over DingleBell!
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 am

Can you imagine if we had paid Wes now? Next year our starting lineup could have been Burks, Mathews, Hayward, Favors, Kanter! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:18 am

Tarakaan wrote:
Can you imagine if we had paid Wes now? Next year our starting lineup could have been Burks, Mathews, Hayward, Favors, Kanter! Embarassed

That definitely would have been a solid lineup. Too bad it didn't happen, It would have been perfect for the Jazz and Wes. He is stuck on a pretty bad team that is rebuilding, but will be good eventually.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 am

Tarakaan wrote:

Would have been nice! i just glad bell will not be taking time away from guys who can play and want to be here! Now take your cain bell and go find yourself a nice rocking chair! Your done old man!
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 pm

The wing looks solid with Hayward, Marv, Burks, Murphy. Our 2012 second rounder seems to be another sweet pick by Jazz scouts; dude really has a hell of a jumpshot, understand how to move without the basketball, doesn't go away from contact if he find an open path to drive... this kid can hand us some help right now against zone Ds...

Lindsey and KOC ought to put an end to this Bell nonsense, and just complete a very good offseason by waiving Earl clown
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 pm

outerspacefan wrote:

Lindsey and KOC ought to put an end to this Bell nonsense, and just complete a very good offseason by waiving Earl clown

And putting him on payroll as a player development guy. I saw the NBA GM poll and Watson made the list of "most likely to go into NBA coaching". Funny thing is, and despite his past, I think Tinsley is filling the same role right now in the locker room. They both have taken a huge interest in developing young players and the team mission and is the reason both those guys are still on the roster. Interesting move on the FO part because otherwise it seems like they are taking up valuable space. No doubt Murphy makes the team, and a good add he will be, he is far from a wash out, he can shoot lights out.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Well, it looks like the Raja Bell saga ends as it began, with Bell doing nothing for 3.5 Million a year.

Jody Genessy wrote:

‏@DJJazzyJody
It was first reported by @tribjazz that Raja Bell won't agree to a buyout, which would make him ineligible for playoff action.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226608/Raja-Bell-Waived-By-Jazz

Peace. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raja refusing a buyout!   Raja refusing a buyout! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raja refusing a buyout!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next