Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA Empty
PostSubject: Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA   Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Thought I would share this very very well written article...

http://hoopspeak.com/2012/08/the-tyranny-of-allen-iverson/

As much as I like to complain about hero-ball in todays NBA, I sometimes forget that for a while there things were much much worse...
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA   Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:40 am

Thanks for that link!!

If you haven't read this article, but even better, the comments after the article, you're in for a treat.
Seriously, the comments after the article are so well written, by obvious basketball fans, they put this forum in it's place...... Which isn't a bad place because I like all the imput here.... Still, Philly fans, can go off , and I mean OFF, about why A.I. was a great player.... flawed but great. Also reading how Larry Brown made the most of the team (and ego's) he was dealt was very cool to read.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA   Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:15 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
Thanks for that link!!

If you haven't read this article, but even better, the comments after the article, you're in for a treat.
Seriously, the comments after the article are so well written, by obvious basketball fans, they put this forum in it's place...... Which isn't a bad place because I like all the imput here.... Still, Philly fans, can go off , and I mean OFF, about why A.I. was a great player.... flawed but great. Also reading how Larry Brown made the most of the team (and ego's) he was dealt was very cool to read.

What does that even mean? Seems like you are taking a shot at our basketball knowledge?

Nice piece by the way.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA   Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Not at all. This piece was specific about a certain subject that had various ways to look at it. My comment that it puts this forum in its place wasn't meant to be derogatory, but I can see how it can be viewed that way.... It's the problem with typing out a half-expressed thought. I merely was thinking how we go over mundane things before the season since there isn't alot to talk about in the nba. No offense intended. I really like this place but was definitely entertained and enlightened there after reading the whole thread here on Kanter.

That said, I learned a lot about the NCAA rules on the Kanter thread and could see the different postions ppl took. Even Calgs position haha.

Peace out
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA   Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:31 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
Not at all. This piece was specific about a certain subject that had various ways to look at it. My comment that it puts this forum in its place wasn't meant to be derogatory, but I can see how it can be viewed that way.... It's the problem with typing out a half-expressed thought. I merely was thinking how we go over mundane things before the season since there isn't alot to talk about in the nba. No offense intended. I really like this place but was definitely entertained and enlightened there after reading the whole thread here on Kanter.

That said, I learned a lot about the NCAA rules on the Kanter thread and could see the different postions ppl took. Even Calgs position haha.

Peace out

HAHA I know bro I was just screwing with you. There just isn't much for us to talk about right now. That's why I've been mostly on Cowboys sites the last month or so. I'm sure it will pick up once the season gets closer. I agree there were some really well though out comments on that article.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA   Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA Empty

Back to top Go down

Great article on Iverson and Hero Ball in the NBA
Page 1 of 1