Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays

Go down 
+2
Romoholic
Crunchtime1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Crunchtime1
Starter

Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays Empty
PostSubject: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 am

In case anyone is interested, here is a page that gives the entire Olympic basketball schedule including links for replays that you can watch on your computer.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/online-listings/sport=basketball/index.html?sky=||CC334%20-%20YouTube%20%28Olympics%29:%20English%20-%20US%20-%20Search%20-%20Team%20Events%20-%20BasketballBasketball%20-Olympics-%20General

Also, some of the games have been live on channel NBCSP on Comcast.

AK's team beat China this morning. AK led Russia with 16 points on 7 of 10 shooting with 7 boards and 4 steals. Shved had another nice game with 14 points and 6 assists. Russia hasn't played any favorites yet. They play Brazil on Thursday who has some pretty good players such as Nene, Varejo and Splitter. France plays Argentina later today, pitting Parker against Manu. I don't know whether Noah is back.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:53 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
In case anyone is interested, here is a page that gives the entire Olympic basketball schedule including links for replays that you can watch on your computer.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/online-listings/sport=basketball/index.html?sky=||CC334%20-%20YouTube%20%28Olympics%29:%20English%20-%20US%20-%20Search%20-%20Team%20Events%20-%20BasketballBasketball%20-Olympics-%20General

Also, some of the games have been live on channel NBCSP on Comcast.

AK's team beat China this morning. AK led Russia with 16 points on 7 of 10 shooting with 7 boards and 4 steals. Shved had another nice game with 14 points and 6 assists. Russia hasn't played any favorites yet. They play Brazil on Thursday who has some pretty good players such as Nene, Varejo and Splitter. France plays Argentina later today, pitting Parker against Manu. I don't know whether Noah is back.

I haven't caught much of the Olympics. NBATV has some games on, but it's really sketchy trying to find games all the time. I'm kinda focusing on NFL training camp now anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 am

NBC has free internet replays for all games. You only have to have an account with your cable provider, they are asking to login with those login and password.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 am

Comcast Utah has added a channel to their lineup that plays only Olympic bball games (men and woman) all day long. All games are on their. It's channel 800 & something. I think you have to have the DVR or box that includes the onscreen guide and music channels though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:07 pm

I recorded yesterday's Russia versus Brazil game from about midway through the third quarter till finish. Seemed like AK led all scorers with 14 when I turned it on and the Russians were up by about 7. For some reason the Russians didn't go back to Andrei much the rest of the game. He finished with 19. Brazil came back and had a two point lead with about six seconds left in the game. Russian Coach Blatt drew up a play to try to get Fridzon free for a shot from the corner. Barbosa got to Fridzon and undercut his legs just as Fridzon released the shot, but Fridzon remarkably made the three point shot anway!!

Good video of Fridzon's incredible game winning shot here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--russia-s-heroic-shot-beats-brazil--could-lead-to-historic-medal-matchup-with-u-s-.html

Russia is 3-0. They have their toughest matchup to date early tomorrow against Spain. The games are on Comcast channel 695 in SLC and are available for replays on your computer at the link in my OP. USA goes against Lithuania tomorrow. Lithuania hasn't looked very good so far. Valanciunas still isn't getting a lot of minutes.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:30 am

Russia just beat Spain after starting the game down 20-2.

AK was pretty quiet. Pau Gasol missed a FT with about 5 seconds left that probably would have sent the game into OT.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Spoiler   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:43 am

Haven't watched the game yet (will probably watch fourth quarter replay), but a huge upset: Russia beats Spain 77-74 in a big comeback win to go 4-0 in the tournament. Russia was down 20-2 in the first quarter. AK, whom I believe was the leading Olympic scorer coming in to this game, kind of picked up where he left off the fourth quarter of the Brazil game --- didn't shoot much. He had eight points on five attempts, but he played 35 minutes and had 8 boards. Fridzon, the hero in the game against Brazil with his game winning corner three, was the big hitter in this game scoring 24 points on 7 of 11 shooting.

Tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski: "Someday, someone in NBA will have the vision to hire Russian national and Euro coach David Blatt. He's simply one of the best on the planet." Didn't Calgary want the Jazz to hire this guy?

USA and Russia are now the only undefeated teams and will not play each other until a potential gold medal game. Besides losing to Russia, Spain barely got by Great Britain a couple of days ago. Russia is emerging as a strong contender for Silver after barely qualifying for the tournament to begin with. I have my doubts whether any of these teams are prepared to mount any kind of serious challenge to USA.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view.bg?&articleid=1061150896&format=&page=1&listingType=NBA#articleFull

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:50 am

USA versus Lithuania is on Comcast channel 695 in SLC right now.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Haven't watched the game yet (will probably watch fourth quarter replay), but a huge upset: Russia beats Spain 77-74 in a big comeback win to go 4-0 in the tournament. Russia was down 20-2 in the first quarter. AK, whom I believe was the leading Olympic scorer coming in to this game, kind of picked up where he left off the fourth quarter of the Brazil game --- didn't shoot much. He had eight points on five attempts, but he played 35 minutes and had 8 boards.

That's huge difference between quiet clever men like AK and Duncan and "fierce competitors" of Carmelo-Iverson-Deron type: when he is cold he defer on offence to hot hand and play defence like crazy.

They can repeat 2000 times with bulging eyes "I'm so-o agressive, I want win never matter what!" the real winning attitude in team sports is almost opposite thing.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 4:46 pm

vryadli wrote:
They can repeat 2000 times with bulging eyes "I'm so-o agressive, I want win never matter what!" the real winning attitude in team sports is almost opposite thing.

Yes, the Russian team has been winning with teamwork. I was surprised how close the Lithuania came against USA today. Maybe Russia could come close or beat USA with better teamwork on a good day, who knows?

Here is a great article about Manu Ginobili and the Argentina team below. Ginobili and the Argentina team beat USA in the semi finals in the 2004 Greece Olympics and went on to win the gold medal. Ginobili is 35 years old now and this is likely his final Olympics.

Basketball world owes Manu Ginobili and Argentina's national team debt of gratitude
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--basketball-world-owes-manu-ginobili-and-argentina-debt-of-gratitude-.html
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:47 pm

[quote="Crunchtime1"]
vryadli wrote:
Yes, the Russian team has been winning with teamwork. I was surprised how close the Lithuania came against USA today. Maybe Russia could come close or beat USA with better teamwork on a good day, who knows?
Basketball world owes Manu Ginobili and Argentina's national team debt of gratitude
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--basketball-world-owes-manu-ginobili-and-argentina-debt-of-gratitude-.html

Russain team is not matched well against USA... so they have the only hope - neme Carmelo Anthony. Moreover, I will not be in the least surprised if Russia will lose to Lithuania. There is long tradition of Moskow losing to Vilnius in play offs. Moreover, all Russian teams are notorius for unexpected losses just after upsetting a favorite and Russian basketball team is arguably most susceptible of all to that feature.

Still that Russian team is fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 am

vryadli wrote:
Moreover, all Russian teams are notorius for unexpected losses just after upsetting a favorite and Russian basketball team is arguably most susceptible of all to that feature.

Nice call Vryadli. Russia follows up big upset of Spain with a loss to Australia, 82-80. Nonetheless, Russia had already clinched the top spot in Group B.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
vryadli wrote:
Moreover, all Russian teams are notorius for unexpected losses just after upsetting a favorite and Russian basketball team is arguably most susceptible of all to that feature.

Nice call Vryadli. Russia follows up big upset of Spain with a loss to Australia, 82-80. Nonetheless, Russia had already clinched the top spot in Group B.

Basically, it is good for them. Of course they can do (and did before) it twice in a row! So they can easily lose to L. Especially because that loss "doesn't really count" But now may be somewhat less chances for that.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Big game by AK in an 83-74 quarterfinal win over Lithuania: 19 points on 5/7 from the field, 9/12 Free throws, 13 boards including 5 offensive, 3 blocks and 3 steals. Russia plays Spain Friday in the semifinals next. Spain won their quarterfinal game against France today.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Did anyone else see Batum deliver the haymaker to Navarro's nuts! I didn't think Batum was a head case, but you kinda have to be to do that.

Dirty pool mister!

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/olympics/article/nicolas_batum_punches_juan_carlos_navarro_in_the_groin_near_the_end_of_france_spain_quarterfinal/11407435
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 pm

From what I understand the players from France thinks that the players from Spain was flopping and got a few calls because of it and Batum said that he was trying to give them a real reason to flop.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 am

Romoholic wrote:
Did anyone else see Batum deliver the haymaker to Navarro's nuts! I didn't think Batum was a head case, but you kinda have to be to do that.

Dirty pool mister!

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/olympics/article/nicolas_batum_punches_juan_carlos_navarro_in_the_groin_near_the_end_of_france_spain_quarterfinal/11407435

Wow. That was pretty bad action out of Batum. The guys that run Olympic basketball need to figure out a good punishment to deter this kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Article About Jonas Valanciunas   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Should Raptors fans be worried about Jonas Valanciunas?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/raptors-fans-worried-jonas-valanciunas-125331685--nba.html

This article above was before JV's last game, a loss against Russia where AK dominated. JV had 7 points and 9 boards in 15:44 minutes of play. Not bad. Imo, he didn't get enough minutes in earlier games to develop any rhythm. I see JV was named the 11-12 Eurocup Rising Star Trophy winner last April, so he must have been doing something right some of the time. Also, the guy just turned 20 years old in May.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Should Raptors fans be worried about Jonas Valanciunas?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/raptors-fans-worried-jonas-valanciunas-125331685--nba.html

This article above was before JV's last game, a loss against Russia where AK dominated. JV had 7 points and 9 boards in 15:44 minutes of play. Not bad. Imo, he didn't get enough minutes in earlier games to develop any rhythm. I see JV was named the 11-12 Eurocup Rising Star Trophy winner last April, so he must have been doing something right some of the time. Also, the guy just turned 20 years old in May.

Comments there make much more sense that cited coach. I think he is just playbg blame game. Though Songaila is great, but he was and still is really great...
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Russia vs. Spain Semifinal   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Well AK had a bad game today in a loss against Spain. I think Spain's length and strength inside, the Gasol brothers, bothered AK when he was on offense. AK had a difficult time completing shots around the basket. He also shot poorly from the free throw line. Overall, AK was 1 of 7 from the field and 5 of 10 from the free throw line.

I suppose there will be one more game for Russia to play for bronze medal against loser of USA vs. Argentina game later today. I would like to see Russia win it and get on the medal stand.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: USA versus Spain Gold Medal Game Underway   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:27 am

USA versus Spain gold medal game is underway. Spain has to get the ball inside to their big front line imo. That being said, I have been disappointed in Spain's play during this tournament. Their teamwork hasn't been as good as I thought it would be, and hence, I doubt they will do very well today against USA.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 am

Spain hanging tough with USA in first half, but USA usually blows these games wide open in the second halfs.

Guess I missed the Russia-Argentina bronze medal game. Shved and AK filled up the stat sheets in a 81-77 win. Russia gets the bronze.

http://hoopshype.com/olympic/schedule/arg_rus.htm
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:23 am

Romoholic wrote:

Dirty pool mister!

Was not watching where his fist went and i'm sure he was hoping to hit the ball out for the steal. I dont think it was dirty at all. Ok maybe a little. What a Face
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:11 am

Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Dirty pool mister!

Was not watching where his fist went and i'm sure he was hoping to hit the ball out for the steal. I dont think it was dirty at all. Ok maybe a little. What a Face

I am not saying that Batum was right by doing it but understand why he would feel the way he did about Spain flopping all of the time to get call's that changed the game, it should be about basketball not who is the best actors.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:30 am

dongibby wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Dirty pool mister!

I am not saying that Batum was right by doing it but understand why he would feel the way he did about Spain flopping all of the time to get call's that changed the game, it should be about basketball not who is the best actors.

Was playing ball and tried to pop the ball out and hit got friend in the head and out cold. was'nt trying to hit him but i did. just wanted to hit the ball out to my team mates and make a play, look like he was wanting to make a play and f,i,s,h happened?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays   Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays Empty

Back to top Go down

Olympic Basketball Schedule, Coverage and Replays
Page 1 of 1