Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Summer Activities Links Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer Activities Links

Go down 
+3
Calgary Jazz
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Summer Activities Links Empty
PostSubject: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:37 am

I got to thinking about what all of our Jazz men have been up to this summer and started searching around on the internets, found osme interesting stuff and thought I would share.

If you have any links or insight into what our guys have been up to this summer post it here....

I didn't know that Mo Williams and Al Jefferson were good freinds that go back quite a ways....

http://www.wlbt.com/story/19200841/mo-williams-and-al-jefferson-build-offseason-chemistry

Haywards Twitter feed is interesting, looks like he's been doing two workouts a day for much of the summer...

http://twitter.com/gordonhayward

My favorite tweet...

gordonhayward wrote:

Thought about not going to my 2nd workout bc it's Friday, but then I thought one of u guys is getting better so I had to go #improveeveryday

Not really a "this summer" news piece per se, but a sweet progression of videos showing how Millsap has improved every season, a trend which is likley to continue...

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/9/3/3289770/jazz-forward-paul-millsaps-evolution-is-also-amazing

Apparently Jeremy Evans has been doing some travelling, and dunking, overseas...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/slam-dunk-champ-jeremy-evans-loses-contest-latvia-001550544--nba.html

We know Alec Burks tore up the summer league, he's been spending the summer at the P3 Training facility with pretty much every other past and present Jazz player, which I think is cool because it will help to build chemistry.

Speaking of summer league ere's a nice review of the summer league form SLCDunk...

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/8/20/3256053/revisiting-the-orlando-summer-league-overall-jazz-statistics

Randy Foye apparently went back to Villanova to do some summer workouts...

http://twitter.com/randyfoye

That's all I got for now....
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:42 pm

I really enjoyed reading this article about Mo Almond. Just like the writer, I also thought he was the perfect fit on those Jazz teams, and just needed to get some minutes with the 1st team. Not surprisingly for most of you I'm sure, I screamed for Mo to get any of the minutes that CJ got. Still feel like Mo could have been the fit....

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/9/5/3292786/utah-jazz-history-biggest-franchise-disappointment-player-the-morris#storyjump
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
I really enjoyed reading this article about Mo Almond. Just like the writer, I also thought he was the perfect fit on those Jazz teams, and just needed to get some minutes with the 1st team. Not surprisingly for most of you I'm sure, I screamed for Mo to get any of the minutes that CJ got. Still feel like Mo could have been the fit....

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/9/5/3292786/utah-jazz-history-biggest-franchise-disappointment-player-the-morris#storyjump

Good article, but I'm one of those that thought the Brewer/Korver combo was pretty solid after they dumped Giricek. I also think that the Jazz didn't need any more of what Almond brought to the table (offense), they were already one of the best in the NBA in that category, it was D that they needed, and D was definately not something Almond would have helped with. The missing piece of the Jazz puzzle in 2008-2010 was a paint defending big man, not a bucket filling shooting guard, and if it had been Almond starting instead of Brewer then it likely would have been him leaving in 2010 because the Jazz didn't have enough money to pay him.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Along with losing a dunk competition to a white guy in Turkey, Jeremy Evans got Married!

http://saltcityhoops.com/2012/08/26/congratulations-to-the-newly-married-jeremy-evans/

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Kanter has been working out at some trendy fitness club in Chicago. Lots of juicy pictures in this link for our man Calgary...

http://saltcityhoops.com/2012/08/29/enes-kanter-is-officially-not-fat/
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:34 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Lots of juicy pictures in this link for our man Calgary...

It's is Mutang who is drooling over juicy pictures, I could care less... Let me see him working on setting screens, shooting jumpers or passing the ball.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:20 am

Nice links. Sap NEEDS to start at sf ya'll. Who cares if he needs work with the threeball (or does he? hmmmmmm).
He gets it done, and with Jefferson and Favors on the court with him the Jazz are great at both ends.

BTW, I know I bring this up a lot but it's so true.

Al
Favors
Sap
Hayward
Mo

= first round homecourt advantage.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Damian Lillards summer highlights   Summer Activities Links EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 am

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:11 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

It's is Mutang who is drooling over juicy pictures, I could care less... Let me see him working on setting screens, shooting jumpers or passing the ball.

CC: why are you so lame? I mean, why do you feel the need to make these juvenile jabs? Gay jokes too? Really? Growup.
You dont actually think it bothers me do you....
All it does is make you look like a loser.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

How do you know that he has not been working on those aspect's to his game over the summer? He has spent the summer doing the things that the Jazz are asking him to do because they think it will make him a better player with that in mind I am sure the Kid is working on many things as well as the one's you have listed.

The fact is he has spent time with trainer's this summer who without a doubt worked with him on those things along with other NBA player's that go there for their summer training. The Jazz also has one of the best training facilities in the NBA where Kanter can work on his all around game on a daily schedule like setting screen's, shooting jumpshots, passing the ball, rebounding, defending the paint, getting his body in the best shape it can be in and other things of that nature. The truth is the Kid is working hard on his game so give him some credit for it even if he is doing thing's you don't like he is getting the job done.

I have to say Cal that it looks like you like to take shot's at people but when someone take's a shot back you don't like it very well, this is starting to get a little pissy and it really does not need to go that far. Lets stop this gay talk and stick to talking about the Jazz with out taking shot's at each other, I think it will make this a better forum for everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
Nice links. Sap NEEDS to start at sf ya'll. Who cares if he needs work with the threeball (or does he? hmmmmmm).
He gets it done, and with Jefferson and Favors on the court with him the Jazz are great at both ends.

BTW, I know I bring this up a lot but it's so true.

Al
Favors
Sap
Hayward
Mo

= first round homecourt advantage.

That line-up worked at the end of last season so the Jazz really needs to take a good look at it, that line-up could turnout to be the one that work's best before it is all said and done. Sap has shown that he can hit 3 pt shot's so if he has worked on hitting that shot this summer and has improved this would help in being able to put those five on the floor to start the game. He would be slower on the defensive side but I think he is a good enough player that he will still do a pretty good job defending the paint against smaller players with the help of Favors and big Al behind him. The other team is going to have to defend him on the other end even if it is just his mid-range and inside the paint game they are going to have to guard him.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

CC: why are you so lame? I mean, why do you feel the need to make these juvenile jabs? Gay jokes too? Really? Growup.

hm.. so little gay joke is that bad, lol? I just pointed to excessive man crush you have on Kanter, nothing serious and I certainly do not think you are gay.
But somehow you still keep insulting me by twisting my nickname and you think it is not juvenile or lame huh? Fine, I stop gay jokes but start calling you Mutangclown. Thats better?
Play nice and respect others if you want respect back.

Last edited by Calgary Jazz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:39 pm

dongibby wrote:

How do you know that he has not been working on those aspect's to his game over the summer? .

Refusing to play in real games for Turkey makes me think that way. He needs in game experience more then muscle, or private workouts with some trainers, or some pickup games vs other players. That is just my opinion. You see McGee and Amare working out with Olajuwon... Kanter on the other hand works out with Kiki Vandeweghe? Is he the best big men coach he could find? Unless he is teaching him free throw shooting I do not see any benefit in those workouts.
Again, our opinions may differ and that is completely fine. We will see how it will turn out.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
dongibby wrote:

How do you know that he has not been working on those aspect's to his game over the summer? .

Refusing to play in real games for Turkey makes me think that way. He needs in game experience more then muscle, or private workouts with some trainers, or some pickup games vs other players. That is just my opinion. You see McGee and Amare working out with Olajuwon... Kanter on the other hand works out with Kiki Vandeweghe? Is he the best big men coach he could find? Unless he is teaching him free throw shooting I do not see any benefit in those workouts.
Again, our opinions may differ and that is completely fine. We will see how it will turn out.

Something tells me no mater what Kanter does it aint gonna be good enough for you CC? when this kid earns the starting job next year and is putting up Love thyp numbers your still gonna be saying JV would've been the better pick out of the two. Or deep down you'll hoping EK will be a bust so you can say i tolded you all so! Not the true Jazz fan i was hoping you was.
kanter will be a top 4 center in the leauge is three years. Algun dia tu gusta grande hombre?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Something tells me no mater what Kanter does it aint gonna be good enough for you CC? when this kid earns the starting job next year and is putting up Love thyp numbers your still gonna be saying JV would've been the better pick out of the two. Or deep down you'll hoping EK will be a bust so you can say i tolded you all so! Not the true Jazz fan i was hoping you was.
kanter will be a top 4 center in the leauge is three years. Algun dia tu gusta grande hombre?

That's a bold prediction! If it comes true, between him and Favors, we are gonna be a serious contender!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Richardale wrote:

when this kid earns the starting job next year and is putting up Love thyp numbers

ROFL. Thats hilarious. Keep going.

Richardale wrote:

kanter will be a top 4 center in the leauge is three years.

Thats even better. Waiting for the next one... let me guess... Hall of Fame? Multiple All-Stars and MVP's? Multiple rings? lol!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

when this kid earns the starting job next year and is putting up Love thyp numbers

Richardale wrote:

Thats even better. Waiting for the next one... let me guess... Hall of Fame? Multiple All-Stars and MVP's? Multiple rings? lol!

Enis has allready put up love type #s just has not got the minutes to really shine. If the jazz start this year like they finished last year? The man will get his dues/time and shine big time. Dont be a hater CJ
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:59 am

Nice article on Kanters workouts with Kiki form the trib, courtesy Crunchtime...

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Yes, Gotta love Kanter's work ethic. According to this Trib article, he is now working on offense with Kiki Vandeweghe, among other things. Vandeweghe was a wonderful offensive talent.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/54849989-62/vandeweghe-kanter-jazz-season.html.csp

I have always found it unfathomable and maddening that guys like Ostertag are paid millions of dollars to play in the NBA and to be in tip top shape and they don't even take the fitness part seriously. I am pretty certain I was still in better condition than O in my early fifties when I won my division in the Lotoja race, and that didn't pay a dime. I have always found being in shape to be kind of enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

hm.. so little gay joke is that bad, lol? I just pointed to excessive man crush you have on Kanter, nothing serious and I certainly do not think you are gay.
But somehow you still keep insulting me by twisting my nickname and you think it is not juvenile or lame huh? Fine, I stop gay jokes but start calling you Mutangclown. Thats better?
Play nice and respect others if you want respect back.

It just continues to show your juvenile nature. Kind of like people who can't speak without filling the entire sentence with curse words. Lacking.....

You call it an excessive man crush because I disagree with you, and you can't fathom the idea of being wrong. So you stoop to a low level like that because it's all you can do.
Doesn't bother me, I may or may not be gay, and could care less about what you think.
You're the only one on here who can't admit to being wrong, and in a sports forum its for free thought and speech, and arguing. But from Magnus to MT to Richardale and Mutang, everyone else freely admits to being wrong when they are. You're the only one who can't do it, and instead stoops to stupid levels every time anyone, or mainly me, posts something about Kanter for example. That, is what is disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

You call it an excessive man crush because I disagree with you, and you can't fathom the idea of being wrong.

Totally wrong. I called it excessive because you wrote in one post like 4 times how amazing his body looks. We get the point, 1 time amazing is fine but when you do it 4 times with bunch of exclamation marks.... don't you think it is a bit excessive?
Me being wrong or right has nothing to do with it. To early to tell first of all. If he is extended after rookie season and still plays with Jazz - then I am wrong. Now judgement is still in the air.

Last edited by Calgary Jazz on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
You're the only one who can't do it

Done that numerous times. I will repeat myself, when it comes to Kanter it is still in the air. I will admit if I am wrong when it is time. Not yet.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Richardale wrote:

Enis has allready put up love type #s just has not got the minutes to really shine. If the jazz start this year like they finished last year? The man will get his dues/time and shine big time. Dont be a hater CJ

This is not entirely true, but it isn't far off. On a per-minute basis his production is very comparable to Love, only he's not anywhere near the shooter Love is. He also compares favorably to other players that came into the league at his age, namely Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard. He's nowhere near the defender either of those guys are or were, so that lowers his ceiling considerably, but in terms of offense and rebounding he's actually probably a bit ahead of where those guys were at 19.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=kanteen01&y1=2012&p2=howardw01&y2=2005&p3=garneke01&y3=1996&p4=loveke01&y4=2009

It's actually kind of interesting because all of the tall, great rebounding, white guys who are so-so defensively in the NBA are jump shooting "stretch" guys (Love, Brad Miller, Ryan Anderson, Dirk...I could go on). I'm not sure that Kanter will be that type of player. The type of guy I think he actually compares to more closely to is Nicola Pekovic. A big bruiser with good footwork who isn't going to block a lot of shots or force a lot of steals but will hold his ground in the post, force guys to shoot over him, and work his offense around the basket and mid range jumpers. I mean he could develop into a stretch guy, he's got a decent jump shot, but I don't think he will, he just hasn't shown that tendancy.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Richardale wrote:

This is not entirely true, but it isn't far off. On a per-minute basis his production is very comparable to Love, only he's not anywhere near the shooter Love is. He also compares favorably to other players that came into the league at his age, namely Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard. He's nowhere near the defender either of those guys are or were, so that lowers his ceiling considerably, but in terms of offense and rebounding he's actually probably a bit ahead of where those guys were at 19.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=kanteen01&y1=2012&p2=howardw01&y2=2005&p3=garneke01&y3=1996&p4=loveke01&y4=2009

It's actually kind of interesting because all of the tall, great rebounding, white guys who are so-so defensively in the NBA are jump shooting "stretch" guys (Love, Brad Miller, Ryan Anderson, Dirk...I could go on). I'm not sure that Kanter will be that type of player. The type of guy I think he actually compares to more closely to is Nicola Pekovic. A big bruiser with good footwork who isn't going to block a lot of shots or force a lot of steals but will hold his ground in the post, force guys to shoot over him, and work his offense around the basket and mid range jumpers. I mean he could develop into a stretch guy, he's got a decent jump shot, but I don't think he will, he just hasn't shown that tendancy.

The kid has shown that he does have touch for the outside shots so I think if he works on it he could develop a pretty good game like Pekovic has, he just has to put in the work to get it to that level. Pekovic has shown that he has a pretty good mid-range game and comparing their game's to each other I think you are right they are pretty close. I had Pekovic on my fantasy team last season and he was putting up very good numbers for my team the guy really proved himself last year.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:20 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

You call it an excessive man crush because I disagree with you, and you can't fathom the idea of being wrong.

Totally wrong. I called it excessive because you wrote in one post like 4 times how amazing his body looks. We get the point, 1 time amazing is fine but when you do it 4 times with bunch of exclamation marks.... don't you think it is a bit excessive?
Me being wrong or right has nothing to do with it. To early to tell first of all. If he is extended after rookie season and still plays with Jazz - then I am wrong. Now judgement is still in the air.

We. Hah, right.

Well Calgary, I guess I didn't realize I was typing or writing incorrectly. Why dont you let me know from now on, how I"m supposed to express my thoughts and ideas about the Jazz and their players. Then that way, we wont have any of this back and forth, because you can just tell me, and I guess everyone else, how they are SUPPOSED to express thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Richardale wrote:

What was it? 34 points to beat Dirks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzbhAQGPqk

Kid has a great touch on the ball and given time on the floor i say 14 rebs will be not to far off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Activities Links   Summer Activities Links Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Activities Links
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next