Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Interview with AK Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview with AK

Go down 
+5
TheMagnus
Richardale
Tarakaan
aliveandkickin
Calgary Jazz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Wish him a lot of success, except against the Jazz and obviously not if he helps the Wolves pass the Jazz making the playoffs.
So basically AK is taking Beasleys spot. Huge upgrade for the Wolves. Liked the interview. One of my alltime fav Jazz players. ..unselfish, great on defense, team player, smooth, tough, has heart, reliable offense.... not a lot of minuses to his game. Have always liked his demeanor.
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm a huge Kirilenko fan, he's my favorite post Stockton/Malone Jazz player, and in yesterday's game he put up 13 pts (2/3fg, 9/10ft), 7 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk in 28 min. Let's be honest, it's preseason and they were playing a Euro team, but he's still AK47, and with Love out for two months with a broken hand, he really has the opportunity to show us how much we lost!

Go Jazz, but go Wolves? It just hurts that they are in the same Division!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:52 pm

With Love getting hurt and is out 6-8 weeks, makes it hard to make playoffs this year.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Richardale wrote:
With Love getting hurt and is out 6-8 weeks, makes it hard to make playoffs this year.

Gonna look a lot like the 2003-2004 Jazz, AK will be the best player till Love comes back.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Gonna look a lot like the 2003-2004 Jazz, AK will be the best player till Love comes back.

This Wolves team is way more talented then 2003-2004 Jazz version. That Jazz team had nobody at Pekovic or Roy levels and bench was not as good as Wolves either. So even without Love and Rubio for first month of the season they still should be making playoffs in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

This Wolves team is way more talented then 2003-2004 Jazz version. That Jazz team had nobody at Pekovic or Roy levels and bench was not as good as Wolves either. So even without Love and Rubio for first month of the season they still should be making playoffs in my opinion.

Whatever, I'd take 2003-2004 Matt Harpring over 2011-2012 B-Roy any day, they'll probably end up playing about the same amount of games when it's all said and done too. Same goes for 2003-2004 AK47, The '03 wolves have an advantage down low with Stiesma and Pekovich, but young Pavlovic, Giricek, Arroyo, Williams, and Stevenson, along with Harpring and Bell are more than enough to handle the '12 Wolves wings and backcourt.

So I'd say I'm pretty confident in my comparison, and my prediction that .500 ball is about what they can hope for until Love comes back.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:40 am

Solid game by AK in his Wolves debut. As in most of the games with him lots of positives he did in that game did not show in box score. Weird to see him not in Jazz uniform though:(
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 am

I loved AK (pre-max contract). The contract ruined him, in my opinion as it does with so many others. I don't blame him entirely for that, as I felt the organization/coaches may have contributed some to his demise.
For the right price, would still love to have AK on this current jazz team....coming off the bench.
I have always liked AK, and I wish him the best in Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:01 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I loved AK (pre-max contract). The contract ruined him, in my opinion as it does with so many others. I don't blame him entirely for that, as I felt the organization/coaches may have contributed some to his demise.
For the right price, would still love to have AK on this current jazz team....coming off the bench.
I have always liked AK, and I wish him the best in Minnesota.

I think it was more Deron and Boozer that ruined him more than the contract. AKs work ethic wasn't that great even before the max contract. I'm not saying Deron and Boozer shut him out on purpose or anything, I just don't think he fit in with their game all that well, you add in okur and he went from the 1st option on the team to the 4th. He had a hard time adjusting to that. IMO
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
vryadli
6th man

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Currently Kirilenko are in best 5 and 4 in +/- stats in the league!
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Did AK just punish Boozer?   Interview with AK EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Did AK just punish Boozer? Looking at tonight's stats for Minnesota versus Chicago: AK --- 11 pts, 12 rebs, 7 assists, 3 to and 2 steals. Boozer --- 2 pts on zero for five shooting, 9 rebs, 4 asts, 1 to and 3 steals. Chicago won the game though.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Did AK just punish Boozer? Looking at tonight's stats for Minnesota versus Chicago: AK --- 11 pts, 12 rebs, 7 assists, 3 to and 2 steals. Boozer --- 2 pts on zero for five shooting, 9 rebs, 4 asts, 1 to and 3 steals. Chicago won the game though.

I watched some of that game, never really noticed boozer on ak. It really reminded me how much I miss ak though.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

I watched some of that game, never really noticed boozer on ak. It really reminded me how much I miss ak though.

Who was guarding Boozer? Is AK playing PF?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

The Bulls went small a fair bit, and I think they tried to keep Deng on AK. I only watched about a quarter and a half, Boozer didn't really play much while I watched.

The T-Wolves run their offense through AK with Love out, the same way he used to do with the Jazz second unit when he came off the bench. He's such a unique player, and does so many things that are so under appreciated, I just really miss seeing him in a Jazz uniform.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

The Bulls went small a fair bit, and I think they tried to keep Deng on AK. I only watched about a quarter and a half, Boozer didn't really play much while I watched.

The T-Wolves run their offense through AK with Love out, the same way he used to do with the Jazz second unit when he came off the bench. He's such a unique player, and does so many things that are so under appreciated, I just really miss seeing him in a Jazz uniform.

Ak should've retired a jazz. does lot of good things when healthy. I to miss AK
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

Ak should've retired a jazz. does lot of good things when healthy. I to miss AK

I think the Jazz should have pushed to bring him back. He would have been able to do a ton of things off the bench for us this year.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:59 am

[quote="Romoholic"][quote="Richardale"][quote="TheMagnus"][quote="Crunchtime1"]
TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
Did AK just punish Boozer? Looking at of good things when healthy. I to miss AK

I think the Jazz should have pushed to bring him back. He would have been able to do a ton of things off the bench for us this year.

... of course Le Bron or Kobe would be able even more things from the bench. But to take best guy in the team with better record than Jazz and bring him from the bench... that would be imressive too.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Romoholic wrote:

That makes no sense. You would play M.Williams or Hayward in starting lineup over AK? AK is better player then both of them, why would you want to play him of the bench? Unless you envision him as Jazz's Ginobili... neverless, this is not going to happen, Jazz and AK moved on:(.
Minnesota keeps winning with even more players out. Last win vs Dallas, they were missing Roy, Love, Rubio, Budinger and Barea and then Pekovic sprained ankle and was out in 3 and 4th quarter. Did not matter, AK, Shved, Lee, Amundson and Cunnigham were able to hold on to the lead and win on the road. 16/11/2/2/2 line for AK. And Minny is 5-2. What will happen when they eventually will get healthy?
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:35 pm

I think AK made the right decision for both his pocketbook and his basketball career when he decided to play for Coach Adelman and the Wolves. At the time he signed, he said he based part of his decision to sign with the Wolves on how Adelman had used the European players, Divac, Stojakovic, Turkoglu, along with Webber and Bibby on some of those old great Kings' teams. Of course AK said he was really looking forward to playing with Rubio and Love too. I am happy for him.

On the negative side, I fear Adelman is asking too many minutes of AK. AK leads the Wolves in minutes, and he played over 42 minutes each of the last two games. That is a lot of minutes for a guy who has some history of injuries and for a guy who has been playing pro ball for 17 seasons. I hope he manages to stay injury free while his teammates are working their way back and that he can eventually play 30 or less minutes. It's a long NBA season.

Of course I will still be rooting for the Jazz to beat the Wolves!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

That makes no sense. You would play M.Williams or Hayward in starting lineup over AK? AK is better player then both of them, why would you want to play him of the bench? Unless you envision him as Jazz's Ginobili... neverless, this is not going to happen, Jazz and AK moved on:(.
Minnesota keeps winning with even more players out. Last win vs Dallas, they were missing Roy, Love, Rubio, Budinger and Barea and then Pekovic sprained ankle and was out in 3 and 4th quarter. Did not matter, AK, Shved, Lee, Amundson and Cunnigham were able to hold on to the lead and win on the road. 16/11/2/2/2 line for AK. And Minny is 5-2. What will happen when they eventually will get healthy?

Easy there Calgary Timberwolves, what is wrong with envisioning him as the Jazz Ginobili?

Don't get your hopes up too high though, they will probably struggle as they get healthy and try to integrate gusy back into the rotation, as that is usually how that goes, if they ever actually do get healthy. But hey, if they do get healthy, your team could be very tough come playoff time.

Also as a side note Jerry Sloan >> than Rick Adelman. FACT!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

I've come to the conclusion that you just like to argue. You are officially skiier now.

I don't care if you think it would makes sense, but I for one think having a player the caliber of AK coming off the bench would be awesome, and win us a lot of games. As a starter AK is only good for about 55-65 games, as a bench player he would be much healthier for a playoff run. Yes I would play Gordo and Marvin as a starter over AK. He would be an awesome spark off the bench and would be more productive against the other teams 2nd string!
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
And Minny is 5-2. What will happen when they eventually will get healthy?

When they ALL will be healthy... I would not be surprised if begin to play a notch worth than before Budinger and Pekovic injury. Sharimg of PT could cause problem for chemistry.

And... Rubio with 0.357FG%?! And Ass/TO ratio just on the brink? Such PT is a luxury which can cost 3-10 win converted to losses.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Romoholic wrote:

I don't care if you think it would makes sense, but I for one think having a player the caliber of AK coming off the bench would be awesome, and win us a lot of games. As a starter AK is only good for about 55-65 games, as a bench player he would be much healthier for a playoff run. Yes I would play Gordo and Marvin as a starter over AK. He would be an awesome spark off the bench and would be more productive against the other teams 2nd string!

Th tiny... really just tiniest problem here is that Kiroilenko is more valuable like quencher and disrupter, not like sparker. And to use a most effective and rather expesive device against the second units is somewhat suboptimal.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Can AK keep playing 40 plus minutes?   Interview with AK EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 am

AK played 44 minutes last night. That's 44, 44 and 42 mins in the last three games. Think he can keep up playing those kind of minutes every night without injury? I have my doubts, and for AK's sake, hope he gets some reinforcements soon.

AK scored 26 points on 9 of 12 shooting with 12 boards last night, but Kemba Walker hit a game winning jumper for Charlotte with less than one second on the clock to give Charlotte the win. Only Lebron and Durant are ahead of AK on both the top ten, small forward, tendex/48 minute list and the top ten, small forward, tendex per game list. Note: AK could be playing PF; I am not sure. Both AK and DWill are listed as forwards.

http://www.dougstats.com/12-13Tendex.html

Incredibly, Minnesota is missing Pekovic, Love, Budinger, Roy, Rubio and Barea --- six key guys. That is an entire, competitive starting NBA team out plus one key reserve out. AK is practically holding up Minnesota all by himself now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interview with AK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview with AK
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next