Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Interview with AK - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview with AK

Go down 
+5
TheMagnus
Richardale
Tarakaan
aliveandkickin
Calgary Jazz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Interview with AK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:22 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
AK played 44 minutes last night. That's 44, 44 and 42 mins in the last three games. Think he can keep up playing those kind of minutes every night without injury? I have my doubts, and for AK's sake, hope he gets some reinforcements soon.

AK scored 26 points on 9 of 12 shooting with 12 boards last night, but Kemba Walker hit a game winning jumper for Charlotte with less than one second on the clock to give Charlotte the win. Only Lebron and Durant are ahead of AK on both the top ten, small forward, tendex/48 minute list and the top ten, small forward, tendex per game list. Note: AK could be playing PF; I am not sure. Both AK and DWill are listed as forwards.

http://www.dougstats.com/12-13Tendex.html

Incredibly, Minnesota is missing Pekovic, Love, Budinger, Roy, Rubio and Barea --- six key guys. That is an entire, competitive starting NBA team out plus one key reserve out. AK is practically holding up Minnesota all by himself now.

Like I said before the season started, with their injuries they are basically the 2003-2004 Jazz. AK is a good enough player to hold them up and keep them competitive, but how long he can hold up is a very valid concern.

The good news for the Jazz is that I don't think they are as good as their record right now, and with the injuries they have I don't think they are going to be able to put any distance between themselves and the Jazz in the standings even though the Jazz have a much more difficult schedule.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 am

they just signed Josh Howard. Hope it is non guaranteed... he is such a bad fit for that team.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
they just signed Josh Howard. Hope it is non guaranteed... he is such a bad fit for that team.

Dude, you should be pumped, if he plays like he did last year this is great news for the Jazz.

Whoever he is taking minutes from it will be a step backwards for the T-Wolves, but if he takes AK's minutes so they can stop playing him 40 minutes a game they are in serious trouble.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 am

TheMagnus wrote:
The good news for the Jazz is that I don't think they are as good as their record right now, and with the injuries they have I don't think they are going to be able to put any distance between themselves and the Jazz in the standings even though the Jazz have a much more difficult schedule.

Yes, with those six guys out, I think the Wolves will turn in to a losing team, but Pekovic, Roy and Barea are out day to day. A quick return of Pekovic and Barea could help them hang around 500 'till Love presumably gets back in December; I don't know. Roy didn't seem to be giving them much even when he was playing. Seems like we could see a second Roy retirement due to bad knees.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Too much Love?   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 am

vryadli wrote:
When they ALL will be healthy... I would not be surprised if begin to play a notch worth than before Budinger and Pekovic injury. Sharimg of PT could cause problem for chemistry.

Too much Love?

Love came back with a vengeance last night: He took 25 shots; scored 34 points and pulled down 14 rebounds, which is great! Only problem is AK had a bit of a subpar game and the Wolves decisively lost the game to Denver on their home floor. Pekovic and Barea played too. Pekovic, who like AK, had been an offensive factor in the Wolves' early season wins, had a subpar game too. AK had a tendex/48 mins over 30 before Loves' return (30.11 I think), which was good enough to put him number three behind Lebron and Durant in the SF rankings. I wonder if we will see a dramatic dropoff on AK's tendex, not because AK doesn't have the talent, but because Love dominates the team so much and AK might not fight hard enough to make himself a factor? We've seen him get discouraged before. On the plus side for AK, I suspect Adelman wants to see AK and Pekovic continue to be factors in all aspects of the games.

Was it smart for Love to come in to a team that had enjoyed some success (the Pekovic, AK, Barea team had a winning record) and take 25 shots his first game back? I think not, but what the heck do I know. Love even jacked up 9 threes and only made 2 of them. Seems a bit much to me. Finally, was AK playing PF for the Wolves before, a position that some on here in the past have argued he is better suited for (Calgary?), and is now relegated back to small forward? I think he was playing PF before, so this change back to SF could also impact his game. Just my two cents.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

Just saw this coverage of last night's game at Yahoo sports:

Quote :
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The Target Center crowd stood and watched in disbelief as Kevin Love was introduced in the starting lineup, at least a week ahead of schedule from a broken right hand that had kept him out for the first nine games of the season.

The only problem was his Minnesota Timberwolves teammates spent the rest of the night standing and watching Love as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nuggets-spoil-loves-surprising-debut-044457329--nba.html
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:50 pm

OK, Rubio is back... I'm expecting Minnesota will nosedive. Le's take pocorn and watch..
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:49 pm

vryadli wrote:
OK, Rubio is back... I'm expecting Minnesota will nosedive. Le's take pocorn and watch..

Love was out with bruised thumb and yet they pulled OT win lead by AK's briliant play down the stretch. Minny won 4 in a row and surpassed Jazz in standings. Rubio is amazing to watch, first game after 9 month break and passing as good as ever. Minny will be scary good as long as they stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
vryadli wrote:

Love was out with bruised thumb and yet they pulled OT win lead by AK's briliant play down the stretch. Minny won 4 in a row and surpassed Jazz in standings. Rubio is amazing to watch, first game after 9 month break and passing as good as ever. Minny will be scary good as long as they stay healthy.

Yes, I missed info about Love. With him injured Minnesota have to be OK. His attitude of "fierce competior" rmind me very much of our Deron. They have even some similiar injuries... Of course, this attitude is much more harmful in PG, nore jenerally in player who has most of the ball (Kobe, Carmelo), so Love may be will not be able to destroy team chemistry.

Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:16 am

Back to top Go down
vryadli
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with AK   Interview with AK - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview with AK
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2