Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Good article about J.Valanciunas Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good article about J.Valanciunas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Good article about J.Valanciunas Empty
PostSubject: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Read it please. Maybe you will understand me more why I wanted him on the Jazz so badly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/toronto-raptor-fans-rejoice-jonas-valanciunas-ready-win-153007849--nba.html
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Read it please. Maybe you will understand me more why I wanted him on the Jazz so badly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/toronto-raptor-fans-rejoice-jonas-valanciunas-ready-win-153007849--nba.html

Don't care.

I'm mean, I'll read the article, because that's what kind of guy I am, but I honestly don't care why you wanted him so badly. It's not going to excuse your single minded and irrational negativity towards Kanter, and it's very unlikely to teach me anything about you or JV that I don't already know.

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Nice article Calg, no doubt. Sounds like a nice kid, who has good skills and a desire to play.

If you remember... I wasn' t a big proponent of drafting Enes either. Nothing against him as a whole, but I didn't see him a "third overall pick" good.

What I do remember though, is reading several articles very similar to this one, about Kanter shortly after the Jazz drafted him. I mean... doesn't EVERY high pick get things like this written about them? That's why they are high picks .... because at least a few peole think they're amazing and the next big thing.

Jonas may turn out to be a very good player .... mabe even better than Enes. But that doesn't mean that Kanter is Baskeball-Satan either.

I think most the Jazz fans on this board were happy to debate the pick at the time of the draft, but the thing is .... it's been over a year now. Jonas is in Toronto and Enes is a member of YOUR favorite team. So why not show a little support? Kanter isn't Boozer... he's done nothing to justify hating on him. He's shown to be a hard working, humorous (I saw him live at the public scrimmage... he's a character), seemingly good young man with upside to his game. Hop on board with the Jazz fans Calg. Doesn't mean you think he was a better pick than Jonas... just means you've moved on and want to support the player on YOUR TEAM.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:

I'm sure he's a good kid and is a good player but i'll stick with kanter and i thinik Enes brings a breath of fresh air to the jazz. And the jazz will be a better team because we have him here.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Richardale wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

I'm sure he's a good kid and is a good player but i'll stick with kanter and i thinik Enes brings a breath of fresh air to the jazz. And the jazz will be a better team because we have him here.

Sorry Calg, I didn't read the link you provided. I took Enes in the Keeper League draft more as a joke than a strategy-driven move. But, it might turn out to be a very good pick. Calg, you live in Canada-- why aren't you a Toronto fan?
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Calg, you live in Canada-- why aren't you a Toronto fan?

I live in Canada for 9 years. First NBA team I start cheering for was Jazz in 1996.... so do the math... I do watch lots of Raptors games as they are on National TV here all the time but until this year that team was not interesting for me at all. Now I like them quite a bit, Casey preaches defensive philosophy and they have few players who are pleasure to watch - Lowry and JV in particular.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:
Calg, you live in Canada-- why aren't you a Toronto fan?

I live in Canada for 9 years. First NBA team I start cheering for was Jazz in 1996.... so do the math... I do watch lots of Raptors games as they are on National TV here all the time but until this year that team was not interesting for me at all. Now I like them quite a bit, Casey preaches defensive philosophy and they have few players who are pleasure to watch - Lowry and JV in particular.

At least CJ picked a first class team. Basketball Now its time to cheer Kanter on with us. Bro! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good article about J.Valanciunas   Good article about J.Valanciunas Empty

Back to top Go down

Good article about J.Valanciunas
Page 1 of 1