Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  All Star Ballot change Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All Star Ballot change

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

All Star Ballot change Empty
PostSubject: All Star Ballot change   All Star Ballot change EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 am

I thought this was an interesting change to the joke that is the fan All Star Ballot. Fans will now choose
2 backcourt players & 3 frontcourt players, eliminating the center position. As the article states, no more epic
Brad Miller vs Jamal Magloire back-up center battles in the All-Star game.

Of course, the issue with this change is that theoretically you could now have 3 SF's start (i.e. Melo, LBJ & Granger)
in the "frontcourt", with no actual PF's or C's, especially in the East, where the wings are stronger than the bigs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nba-cutting-center-position-star-ballots
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: All Star Ballot change   All Star Ballot change EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 am

Well this season LBJ and Melo may actually play a lot of time at PF, and some would argue that they are actually better there (kind of like Duncan as a C), so I think that scenario isn't too bad of a deal. It's almost certain that you will have a team USA situation from time to time though, with no true Centers on the entire roster.

Also, those Ball-Don't-Lie links are the worst, they totally mess up my browser when they are posted in this forum, so I exercised some Moderator privelage and fixed the link for you.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: All Star Ballot change   All Star Ballot change EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:24 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Well this season LBJ and Melo may actually play a lot of time at PF, and some would argue that they are actually better there (kind of like Duncan as a C), so I think that scenario isn't too bad of a deal. It's almost certain that you will have a team USA situation from time to time though, with no true Centers on the entire roster.

Also, those Ball-Don't-Lie links are the worst, they totally mess up my browser when they are posted in this forum, so I exercised some Moderator privelage and fixed the link for you.

Thanks for fixing the link. I was thinking the same thing, that link was WAY to long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Star Ballot change   All Star Ballot change Empty

Back to top Go down

All Star Ballot change
Page 1 of 1