Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz get their PG answer

Go down 
+10
aliveandkickin
Richardale
Saint Louis
rorybreaker
outerspacefan
MTJazz
TheMagnus
The Voice of Reason
Romoholic
therawns
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aliveandkickin
Starter

Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:28 am

I say let's go after KMart that the Thunder just got for Harden. He's a free agent next yr, makes approx 13 mill this yr. Sign Millsap, let Jeffersons 15 mill he makes this yr go and we have an elite sg for maybe 13 million..... hopefully we can sign Martin for less cause he's not "really" elite but man he can score.

team next yr:

pg... Mo (if we sign him for another 8 mill a yr contract, Freeagent player, Tinsley (resign him even though I'm not a huge fan)
sg..Martin, Hayward, Burks
sf... Williams (if he uses his 7.5 mill player option), Evans
pf...Millsap, Favors
C... Kanter, freeagent
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 am

So many options man. I'm not opposed to going after CP3 but he probably won't bite... then again you never know.

The Jazz have 6 players under contract for next yr... all adding up to under 26 mill according to hoopshype.
Back to top Go down
T-Wick
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:21 pm

I was messin with that trade thing on espn.com and I came up with this trade. Al Jefferson, raja and Earl for Monte Ellis, Beno Udrich and Samuel Dalember. We could also throw in a first round pick. I'm not a fan of Ellis but I'm also not a fan of big al, but we would also get a good defending big and a decent shooting pass first pg out of the trade, and the bucks would get to shed a lot of cap next year
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Ok, my take on how the Jazz getting their future PG (edit: I forgot to mention it works on the trade machine). Suns drafted Marshall with their first rounder, then traded for Dragic when Nash asked for a trade. Suns also have Brown (2 yrs) and Telfair (1 yr) on the books, 4 point guards.

Proposed:
Suns get Jefferson, offense and size to go with Gortat, who is their only big.
Jazz get Marshall and Frye (3 yrs, 6mil) and saves 7 mil this year.
Now ... I know Frye is out this season, but that is part of the plan. We get our PG of the future who gets to learn from Mo and Tinsley for a year (no first up pressure) and time gets openned up for Favors, Kanter and Evans and by this trade Millsap gets the love and court time. Next season we get a stretch 4 (the one thing we are currently missing if you dont count Marvin as a 3/4) at a reasonable price in Frye and have a classy young point who has a full year in the team and expert teachers. Suns get depth at PF/C (which they have none), don't have to pay Frye this year and clear up log jam at the point.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Tarakaan wrote:
Ok, my take on how the Jazz getting their future PG (edit: I forgot to mention it works on the trade machine). Suns drafted Marshall with their first rounder, then traded for Dragic when Nash asked for a trade. Suns also have Brown (2 yrs) and Telfair (1 yr) on the books, 4 point guards.

Proposed:
Now ... I know Frye is out this season, but that is part of the plan. We get our PG of the future who gets to learn from Mo and Tinsley for a year (no first up pressure) and time gets openned up for Favors, Kanter and Evans and by this trade Millsap gets the love and court time. Next season we get a stretch 4 (the one thing we are currently missing if you dont count Marvin as a 3/4) at a reasonable price in Frye and have a classy young point who has a full year in the team and expert teachers. Suns get depth at PF/C (which they have none), don't have to pay Frye this year and clear up log jam at the point.

Thoughts?

Not bad, but I don't think there is any real reason to be talking about trading Al until February when we see where the chips have fallen. I really don't think there is going to be as big a "problem" as people are conjuring getting everyone who needs some time some tick. Injuries always happen. Some nights guys just don't have it going on and the "backup" completely does, so you ride that hand, not the struggling one. Its a little "unorthodox" but when Ty did that last season good stuff happened alot and its not lost on anyone on the team or in the organization that they have a boatload of talent at virtually every position, especially bigs. Its not the old days when the backup clearly was a frickin backup, just there to give the starter a blow or if he got in foul trouble. There are 7-8 guys on the team that could start, and the whole damn roster is full of guys you aren't going to cringe at when they check in.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Tarakaan wrote:

Proposed:

Thoughts?

For Jefferson I'd want Dragic. At 7.5 Mil a year he's going to be a bargain, and I think he'd be perfect with this team. But I wouldn't take back Frye, just throw in Brad Miller to make the salaries work out.

Jefferson for Dragic+Miller, that is a deal I would consider, and I'd bet Phoenix would too, they might even throw in a draft pick to do it if Jefferson signed an extension first. Even better would be to toss in Mo and/or Foye and get Scola as well, but Scola can't be traded until next summer.

Still, like I said before, I don't think I'd so it unless things look bad this year. If the team doesn't look like it has taken a step forward by the trade deadline, and the Vets are under-performing, then I'd probably consider firing Corbin and trading any or all of the veterans. On the other hand, if things are going well, and the Jazz are squarely in the playoff picture, I think the best thing all around is to ride it out to the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:55 pm

My favorite PG might be available in the offseason. According to reports, the Nuggets and Lawson have ended their talks of a contract extension. Yes, he will be a restricted free agent, so Utah would probably have to overpay to get him. (Especially with Denver being a division rival.) However, it is a possibility, along with Stephen Curry.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 pm

therawns wrote:
My favorite PG might be available in the offseason. According to reports, the Nuggets and Lawson have ended their talks of a contract extension. Yes, he will be a restricted free agent, so Utah would probably have to overpay to get him. (Especially with Denver being a division rival.) However, it is a possibility, along with Stephen Curry.

lawson would be awesome! kinda has a ring to it?
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:51 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Third, the Jazz are trying to groom Burks to be a PG in the mold of Russell Westbrook. Whether or not that works out is up in the air, but that does seem to be part of the plan.

What? The Jazz are grooming Burks to be the next Westbrook? I haven't heard that one before. Tell me more, on a different thread.

Not that it matters.

This whole thread seems to be pretty far off-base. Memphis is not looking to "blow up their team" at all. And, the idea that Conley would be a highly valued asset the Jazz might pursue is pretty ridiculous. The only reason I'm bothering to respond is that I had higher hopes for this site.

Different thread? This is a perfectly good thread to discuss the Jazz plans at PG.

I didn't say they want him to be the next Westbrook, I just said the where grooming him to be a Westbrook-like PG, because that is really what he is when he plays the point. He's never going to be a pass first PG, he's a scorer, and whether he's playing PG or SG or SF that is what he will be. I think he fits the Westbrook mold because he's a great athlete that excels at attacking the basket. But they are trying it, he's played a fair bit of PG this pre-season, I don't think it will stick though, looks like Foye is going to get those minutes.

As far as the Grizz go, the conversation isn't really that far off base. The Grizzlies have $80 million in salaries next season, with the new luxury tax, and new ownership, it is not unlikely that they could look to shed some salary. Conley is a solid player, and I wouldn't mind having him in a Jazz uniform, but I wouldn't deal Millsap for him. Mo Williams maybe?

Sorry, Mag-- poor wording on my part. I was truly interested in your point about Burkes fitting into the "mold of Westbrooke". The 2nd part of my post was more critical about the thread looking at Conley as a Jazz scoop if the Griz want to blow up their team.

I should have said, "Burkes being groomed to fit into the mold of Westbrook? That's awesome! But, I don't know about the main part of this thread based on Memphis possibly wanting to blow up their team and ditching Conley for Milsap. Memphis has a core of Conley, Gay, Randolph, and Gasol-- I don't see them in any way motivated to make a Conley for Millsap trade."
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:14 am

[quote="Romoholic"]
Saint Louis wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
therawns wrote:

Third, the Jazz are trying to groom Burks to be a PG in the mold of Russell Westbrook. Whether or not that works out is up in the air, but that does seem to be part of the plan.

What? The Jazz are grooming Burks to be the next Westbrook? I haven't heard that one before. Tell me more, on a different thread.

Not that it matters.

This whole thread seems to be pretty far off-base. Memphis is not looking to "blow up their team" at all. And, the idea that Conley would be a highly valued asset the Jazz might pursue is pretty ridiculous. The only reason I'm bothering to respond is that I had higher hopes for this site.

Well you don't have to stick around!

Thanks, Romo. I really appreciate your objectivity. I'll try to remember this forum won't accept any negative criticism. Not this forum at all, but, I've noticed some privately run forums turn into a circle-jerk of thin-skinned megalomaniacal cliques. (Yes, I just used a seven syllable word that probably hasn't existed until now! Razz ) I hope this forum doesn't turn into one of those forums. I'll keep your suggestion in mind, though. alien
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:16 am

therawns wrote:

Lawson is legit. Fits better than Kevin Martin since he's a pg. I'd throw 10 mill a yr at either one of them but Lawson first. Heck, throw 10 mill a yr at both of them, resign Sap to play with Favors and Kanter and unfortunately Jefferson would be too expensive to keep but we'd still be strong.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 6:55 am

Lawson just signed new contract with Denver
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:10 am

I am anxious to see whether we will have any better luck defending Collison and Beaubois tonight with the help of our new guards, Mo Williams and Foye, than the Lakers did last night. Collison has been extremely effective against the Jazz in his short career and Beaubois lit us up for 22 off the bench in a game at Utah last season.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 am

[quote="Saint Louis"]
Romoholic wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
therawns wrote:

Not that it matters.

Well you don't have to stick around!

Thanks, Romo. I really appreciate your objectivity. I'll try to remember this forum won't accept any negative criticism. Not this forum at all, but, I've noticed some privately run forums turn into a circle-jerk of thin-skinned megalomaniacal cliques. (Yes, I just used a seven syllable word that probably hasn't existed until now! Razz ) I hope this forum doesn't turn into one of those forums. I'll keep your suggestion in mind, though. alien

You can say whatever you want on here, but don't come on here trashing other people's opinions and not expect someone to say anything to you about it. You don't have to be a dick just because you don't like the topic or content of a thread! Disagree all you want, but try to be a little most civil to other posters.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz get their PG answer   Jazz get their PG answer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz get their PG answer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2