Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crunchtime1
Starter

Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback Empty
PostSubject: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 am

Here is an good read by Wojnarowski over at Yahoo Sports about Chris Paul and the Clippers' improbable comeback last night. Perhaps Woj's praise of Paul is over the top, but I don't think so. When it comes to the playoffs, Chris Paul appears to be one of those "refuse to die" players and a great floor leader. I wonder how Memphis will respond to this loss. It has to be very demoralizing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--chris-paul-gave-clippers-reason-to-believe-in-historic-comeback-over-grizzlies.html;_ylt=AoMPNApS_gx.KKZ_SnQtWrO8vLYF

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Despite the fact that the Clippers are a pretty flawed team. That win last night pretty much ends the series after the first game.

That kind of lose for the Griz is demoralizing. The Grizzlies are a better team and could very easily win the series. Blake Griffin is no where near as good a player as people would have you believe (Harpring), But Chis Paul is the real deal. It's funny we use to always argue who was better between he and Deron. I don't think its debatable anymore.

Maybe Memphis comes back strong and wins the series. It's gonna be tough though.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Despite the fact that the Clippers are a pretty flawed team. That win last night pretty much ends the series after the first game.

That kind of lose for the Griz is demoralizing. The Grizzlies are a better team and could very easily win the series. Blake Griffin is no where near as good a player as people would have you believe (Harpring), But Chis Paul is the real deal. It's funny we use to always argue who was better between he and Deron. I don't think its debatable anymore.

Maybe Memphis comes back strong and wins the series. It's gonna be tough though.

I'll still hold on to a little Deron-(former-)homer-vision and say that Deron has NOTHING to work with in Jersey, while Paul has a playoff team around him, so I'm not sure it's fair to compare. When both guys had similarly skilled teams then they were close. It was more a matter of which style you liked than is was "who's better" IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

I'll still hold on to a little Deron-(former-)homer-vision and say that Deron has NOTHING to work with in Jersey, while Paul has a playoff team around him, so I'm not sure it's fair to compare. When both guys had similarly skilled teams then they were close. It was more a matter of which style you liked than is was "who's better" IMO.

Maybe I just look at it that way to take the sting out of losing Deron. It's still kind of a sore spot for me.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Romoholic wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Maybe I just look at it that way to take the sting out of losing Deron. It's still kind of a sore spot for me.

I don't hold any hard feeling toward DWill it was the Jazz that decided to trade him, he did not come out and say that he wanted out all he said was he wanted to wait and see how things turned out before he made up his mind on where he wanted to play after his contract ran out. I myself still like the guy and the way he plays this game and when he is not playing the Jazz I pull for him and his team to win, I think he always said and did the right things when talking about the Jazz and their fans and the way he has came back and played the dodge ball games in the summer like he has always done say's a lot about him I think anyway.

Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:00 am

I fee l exactly the same way about deron dongibby- wish him well.

Game 2 with the Clips and Grizz... The Clips shoot 56% from the field AND from threepoint land... and lose.

Memphis is showing they're for real. They got a lot more offensive boards and less turnovers.... Something to look at if you're a Jazz fan.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:02 am

Not really related to the series, but this is the first time I have heard Chris Webber call a game. I'm loving him. Much better than the garbage TNT usually puts out there. Completely blows Reggie Miller out of the water.

Also how does Blake Griffen ever make a shot. Dude is crossed eyed as hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback   Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Paul and the Clips' Comeback
Page 1 of 1