Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while

Go down 
+3
MTJazz
zero24gravity
TheMagnus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while Empty
PostSubject: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 pm

This is some bad bad news...

Quote :

Derrick Favors tried to play through it. For five games he told the pain in his right foot to go away. But after Favors didn’t return after playing just nine minutes in Friday’s loss at Oklahoma City due to one of the trickiest injuries NBA players face, the Utah Jazz may have to get used to playing without their rising power forward.

Favors was held out of Saturday’s game at Houston with what the team called a strained right arch. However, Favors told reporters that he is suffering from plantar fasciitis. Favors said he will undergo an MRI on Sunday.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55379802-87/favors-jazz-kanter-game.html.csp

Don't want to mess with it in a young player like Favors either, he's got to sit until he's 100% better or he runs the risk of doing some permanent damage.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:47 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Quote :

Derrick Favors tried to play through it. For five games he told the pain in his right foot to go away. But after Favors didn’t return after playing just nine minutes in Friday’s loss at Oklahoma City due to one of the trickiest injuries NBA players face, the Utah Jazz may have to get used to playing without their rising power forward.

Favors was held out of Saturday’s game at Houston with what the team called a strained right arch. However, Favors told reporters that he is suffering from plantar fasciitis. Favors said he will undergo an MRI on Sunday.

Don't want to mess with it in a young player like Favors either, he's got to sit until he's 100% better or he runs the risk of doing some permanent damage.

That sucks for Favors. I've battled that myself. I kept playing on it before I was 100%, so it took forever to get better. It hurts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Quote :

That sucks for Favors. I've battled that myself. I kept playing on it before I was 100%, so it took forever to get better. It hurts.

How long does it typically take to resolve on a spectrum between "mild" and "severe" and what causes it in the first place?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 pm

MTJazz wrote:

How long does it typically take to resolve on a spectrum between "mild" and "severe" and what causes it in the first place?

I'm not a doctor, I only know what I dealt with. It was about three months to be "cured" for me. But like I said, I didn't stop playing on it when I should have. Also, I obviously don't have a world class medical staff working with me. Stretching the arch was key. If I didn't spend a few minutes stretching it before I took even one step out of bed, I would feel it worse all day.

Worst case I know of is my dad. He started with simple plantar fasciites, and after multiple treatment plans and two surgeries that didn't work, he is now on disability and will never be recovered. Of course, a lot of his issue came from being overweight and being twice Favors age.

The doctor said there is no genetic link, just coincidence that we both had it. Guess we both just lucked into having a damaged ligament in our arch.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

I'm not a doctor, I only know what I dealt with. It was about three months to be "cured" for me. But like I said, I didn't stop playing on it when I should have. Also, I obviously don't have a world class medical staff working with me. Stretching the arch was key. If I didn't spend a few minutes stretching it before I took even one step out of bed, I would feel it worse all day.

Worst case I know of is my dad. He started with simple plantar fasciites, and after multiple treatment plans and two surgeries that didn't work, he is now on disability and will never be recovered. Of course, a lot of his issue came from being overweight and being twice Favors age.

The doctor said there is no genetic link, just coincidence that we both had it. Guess we both just lucked into having a damaged ligament in our arch.

Your lucky if you only had it three months. couple years then i lost a few lbs and stoped running and it went away. I know people that went under the knife and it came back with in a few months worse. Need good shoes NO RUNNING
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 am

Well, now it's Kanter's time to shine. You hate to see an injury like that, but it presents an opportunity for the big turkey.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Good exercise   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 pm

I had it and one of the things I did is rolled my bare foot over a soup can. You really need to stretch it.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Well, now it's Kanter's time to shine. You hate to see an injury like that, but it presents an opportunity for the big turkey.

Just checked the Mayo Clinic site and they say "90% of people recover within a couple months" with non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and physical therapy. A couple months is a long time in an NBA season so either the Jazz just got more challenged securing a decent playoff seed than they already were or the Big Turk is going to make us forget Favors (and be psyched when he returns). Or, I suppose, no net effect, they both gave about the same in the same minutes. C'mon Enes, I got a feeling this is your time to shine and show why you were the 3 pick.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Just checked the Mayo Clinic site and they say "90% of people recover within a couple months" with non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and physical therapy. A couple months is a long time in an NBA season so either the Jazz just got more challenged securing a decent playoff seed than they already were or the Big Turk is going to make us forget Favors (and be psyched when he returns). Or, I suppose, no net effect, they both gave about the same in the same minutes. C'mon Enes, I got a feeling this is your time to shine and show why you were the 3 pick.

"90% of people recover within a couple months" .... but the normal person isn't a world class athlete with a highly skilled training staff working with them every day. I suspect it will be a few weeks.

Enes should get the bulk of Favors' minutes, but let us not forget that this will open up an opportunity for Evans to show whether he is a "real" NBA player, or simply a freak athlete, who is only good as an 11th or 12th man.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:03 pm

A blessing in disguise. Now Coach can remove himself from this ridiculous offensive experiment involving Favors and get back to playing basketball correctly. Inside-outside with Jefferson is winning basketball. 36-30 last season with far inferiour frontcourt players and black hole at the 3 spot. .500 this year appeasing fans with non-winning ball dancing around the all star in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:
A blessing in disguise. Now Coach can remove himself from this ridiculous offensive experiment involving Favors and get back to playing basketball correctly. Inside-outside with Jefferson is winning basketball. 36-30 last season with far inferiour frontcourt players and black hole at the 3 spot. .500 this year appeasing fans with non-winning ball dancing around the all star in the middle.

There isn't any inside out game with Al. It's an inside game and he shoots the ball. I'm a Al fan, but lets not act like he is the cog that makes the Jazz run a smooth inside out game, cause it isn't true.

Yeah Favors still has a lot of work to do offensively, but he is already a 10x better defender than Al has ever been!
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Romoholic wrote:
There isn't any inside out game with Al. It's an inside game and he shoots the ball. I'm a Al fan, but lets not act like he is the cog that makes the Jazz run a smooth inside out game, cause it isn't true.

Yeah Favors still has a lot of work to do offensively, but he is already a 10x better defender than Al has ever been!

Gobbledygook! Let me tell you how NBA offenses work. Post men must have shooters Jazz have no shooters. Jefferson always finds Hayward or Marvin who miss everything! He's a 4 to six assist a night guy easy on shooting teams like Orlando.
You don't want Big Al passing to CJ/Howard/Bell/Harris last season neither so don't get me going on that bunk. No inside outside my foot.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Gobbledygook! Let me tell you how NBA offenses work. Post men must have shooters Jazz have no shooters. Jefferson always finds Hayward or Marvin who miss everything! He's a 4 to six assist a night guy easy on shooting teams like Orlando.
You don't want Big Al passing to CJ/Howard/Bell/Harris last season neither so don't get me going on that bunk. No inside outside my foot.

What?

Mo and Marvin are 35% shooters, Foye is a 44% shooter, Millsap is a 50% 3 pt shooter, and the Jazz are a top 10 3pt shooting team in the NBA while the Magic are a bottom 10 team.

Gobbledygook indeed.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

What?

Mo and Marvin are 35% shooters, Foye is a 44% shooter, Millsap is a 50% 3 pt shooter, and the Jazz are a top 10 3pt shooting team in the NBA while the Magic are a bottom 10 team.

Gobbledygook indeed.

And Al never kicks out the the 3 point shooter anyway!
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

What?

I am pleased you asked Mr. Magnus. This takes strength of character. I have teached this game for over 50 years enjoying every minute of it. Every minute teaching anyhow. Games not so much.

TheMagnus wrote:

Gobbledygook indeed.

Your first mistake is convoluting statistics to make a point. Within the game Mo or Millsap don't receive passes within the offensive framework from low post. You know this from Millsap not within this role and Mo places the entry pass. I think you know this.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

What?

Gobbledygook indeed.

Actually that is one thing that Al has made massive improvement on since he has been a Jazz man, so much so that I have a hard time calling him a black hole anymore. He is still a ball stopping iso player though, and while I love good post play, I never really liked that style.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

What?

I am pleased you asked Mr. Magnus. This takes strength of character. I have teached this game for over 50 years enjoying every minute of it. Every minute teaching anyhow. Games not so much.

TheMagnus wrote:

Gobbledygook indeed.

Your first mistake is convoluting statistics to make a point. Within the game Mo or Millsap don't receive passes within the offensive framework from low post. You know this from Millsap not within this role and Mo places the entry pass. I think you know this.

I'm pretty sure aren't watching the same games I am, because the Jazz offense is absolutely set up to create inside out 3 pt shots. Almost all of Marvins 3pt shots come from post kick outs to the corner, and Hayward, Foye, and Mo all get regular kick outs to the opposite wing.

I think both you and Romo are off on this one, Jefferson has been passing the ball out ot the post with much more frequency than he used to, and he does it with good success, but he's hardly a prolific post passer.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:

I agree with your assessment of where Millsap's outside shots come from. Mo and Foye also get a large number of their 3's by creating their own shots, or by swinging the ball around the perimeter.

Of coarse, one could also argue that the reason that none of their shots come from kick outs is because Al rarely kicks the ball out. .... just saying. Wink Although he is doing a better job of this as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
I'm pretty sure aren't watching the same games I am,.

It is rare that I watch the same games as fans so we will agree with your point.

TheMagnus wrote:
because the Jazz offense is absolutely set up to create inside out 3 pt shots. Almost all of Marvins 3pt shots come from post kick outs to the corner, and Hayward, Foye, and Mo all get regular kick outs to the opposite wing.

Now you are getting it. You'll go back to my initial instruction specifying Marvin Williams and Hayward.
Yes yes Foye is stroking the ball with good form. I believe you will find most shooting coming from alternative sets if you care to research inside the deeper statistical data.

TheMagnus wrote:
I think both you and Romo are off on this one, Jefferson has been passing the ball out ot the post with much more frequency than he used to, and he does it with good success, but he's hardly a prolific post passer.

Did I not credit Al Jefferson for being an elite passer within this very thread? Forgive me if I did not I am losing my mind a bit.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

It is rare that I watch the same games as fans so we will agree with your point.

TheMagnus wrote:
because the Jazz offense is absolutely set up to create inside out 3 pt shots. Almost all of Marvins 3pt shots come from post kick outs to the corner, and Hayward, Foye, and Mo all get regular kick outs to the opposite wing.

Now you are getting it. You'll go back to my initial instruction specifying Marvin Williams and Hayward.
Yes yes Foye is stroking the ball with good form. I believe you will find most shooting coming from alternative sets if you care to research inside the deeper statistical data.

TheMagnus wrote:

Did I not credit Al Jefferson for being an elite passer within this very thread? Forgive me if I did not I am losing my mind a bit.

Oh you did, I'm never against assisting the elderly...

Professo_Sloan wrote:

He's a 4 to six assist a night guy easy on shooting teams like Orlando.

4-6 assists a night from a center would make him an elite passer, in fact it would make him the best passing center in the NBA, and I absolutely disagree with that assertion, it's baseless.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

TheMagnus wrote:

TheMagnus wrote:

Oh you did, I'm never against assisting the elderly...

Did you know wilt lead the league in assist one year? they thought he was sliping on scoreing so next game he came out and put up like 60 when he heard he was lossing it. Hell of a player. would've love to have him in todays game.
Professo_Sloan wrote:

He's a 4 to six assist a night guy easy on shooting teams like Orlando.

4-6 assists a night from a center would make him an elite passer, in fact it would make him the best passing center in the NBA, and I absolutely disagree with that assertion, it's baseless.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

What?

Gobbledygook indeed.

He might do it more than he did in the past, but he still decides he is going to shoot and and nothing is gonna change his mind. He doesn't do it nearly as much as he use to though.

Actually that is one thing that Al has made massive improvement on since he has been a Jazz man, so much so that I have a hard time calling him a black hole anymore. He is still a ball stopping iso player though, and while I love good post play, I never really liked that style.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 am

Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

What?

Gobbledygook indeed.

He might do it more than he did in the past, but he still decides he is going to shoot and and nothing is gonna change his mind. He doesn't do it nearly as much as he use to though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while   Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while Empty

Back to top Go down

Favors battling Plantar Fasciitis, likely out a while
Page 1 of 1