Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  So what do you think of the forum Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So what do you think of the forum

Go down 
+9
Mic Check
Crunchtime1
i[m]M.V.P.
Mister 4x4
dongibby
Jazz Dog
TheMagnus
The Voice of Reason
Romoholic
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

So what do you think of the forum Empty
PostSubject: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Just wondering what you guys think about it? If you have any suggestions feel free to chime in. I like the layout, But it can be changed. This is meant to be all you guys forum. If you take some responsibility for it and think of it as yours it has a better chance to flourish.

This forum is free for me to run until we hit a certain bandwidth allocation then it is gonna cost me some money to keep it running. I have no problem with that as long as it is being used and has an active community. If we are having one or two post a day I might have a hard time justifying keeping it going. That would suck because I've made some friends on tribtalk over the years and would hate to lose that.

So I guess what I'm saying is use this forum and enjoy it so we can still have a place of our own to talk about our Utah Jazz. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Forum looks great, Romo. Thanks for doing this.
Hopefully we can get people to migrate over.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Ya Romo, thanks for doing this.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: you are the man   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 pm

I think we will like it here.

Well done my Clintonion. My mother was raised in Benson.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Nice job looks very professional it looks like you really know what you are doing when it comes to things like this, thanks for setting it up so we will have a place to keep up with everyone we have come to know over the years.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm glad you guys like it. I hope it actually get used this time. It already has some good activity though. So I'm hopeful it will work out.
Back to top Go down
Mister 4x4
Rookie
Mister 4x4

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

PhpBB - Nice. Good look with the CF theme. I've run a couple of boards before, and PhpBB is the easiest by far to work with.

Couple things to think of if you haven't already:
- set up some 'dummy' accounts, so you can effect changes to them without messing anybody else up.
- set up a hidden 'dummy' forum to try out new things, for the same reason as above.
- if you set up any areas for exclusive membership, make sure to 'hide' it from non-members (otherwise you'll be fielding endless questions asking why non-members aren't allowed in).
- set up a hidden 'Mod/Admin' forum, so you can discuss things offline away from prying eyes without having to load up the PM mailboxes of your staff.
- start a 'log book' thread noting all of the things you have done or are doing to the forums... it makes it easier to go undo something that doesn't work well with other things when you can see when it happened.
- Most of your test is middle to semi-bright gray - make the 'mouse-over' or 'highlighted' text an even lighter color (it's tough to see the highlighted text during mouse-over because it goes dark)

Like I said, nice-looking board. Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Mister 4x4 wrote:
PhpBB - Nice. Good look with the CF theme. I've run a couple of boards before, and PhpBB is the easiest by far to work with.

Couple things to think of if you haven't already:
- set up some 'dummy' accounts, so you can effect changes to them without messing anybody else up.
- set up a hidden 'dummy' forum to try out new things, for the same reason as above.
- if you set up any areas for exclusive membership, make sure to 'hide' it from non-members (otherwise you'll be fielding endless questions asking why non-members aren't allowed in).
- set up a hidden 'Mod/Admin' forum, so you can discuss things offline away from prying eyes without having to load up the PM mailboxes of your staff.
- start a 'log book' thread noting all of the things you have done or are doing to the forums... it makes it easier to go undo something that doesn't work well with other things when you can see when it happen
ed.
- Most of your test is middle to semi-bright gray - make the 'mouse-over' or 'highlighted' text an even lighter color (it's tough to see the highlighted text during mouse-over because it goes dark)

Like I said, nice-looking board. Good luck with it!

Solid ideas all 'round. Romo, can you hide the "MODs" forum you started so it is only visible to the Admin users? We could do both of those highlighted things in there.
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

PostSubject: this > tribtalk   So what do you think of the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 am

Trib talk is terrible compare to this forum. I been lurking on Tribtalk since the days of WindofChange (I love his Sloan hatred) so I'm familiar with everyone here. I just like to say hi and I'm glad to be here cause tribtalk has gotten worse since the "maintenance change."

Can I make 1 suggestion? Can you brighten up the colors a little bit? After trolling the Spurs board where the color scheme is white, gray, and black it gets depressing after a few minutes then coming here it's nearly the same color scheme. Also the diagonal arrows as the background is hard on my eyes because my eyes just want to focus on the individual arrows. It's quiet distracting. Just my 2 cent.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:05 pm

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
Trib talk is terrible compare to this forum. I been lurking on Tribtalk since the days of WindofChange (I love his Sloan hatred) so I'm familiar with everyone here. I just like to say hi and I'm glad to be here cause tribtalk has gotten worse since the "maintenance change."

Can I make 1 suggestion? Can you brighten up the colors a little bit? After trolling the Spurs board where the color scheme is white, gray, and black it gets depressing after a few minutes then coming here it's nearly the same color scheme. Also the diagonal arrows as the background is hard on my eyes because my eyes just want to focus on the individual arrows. It's quiet distracting. Just my 2 cent.

Ya, I wouldn't mind seeing some more of the Blue/yellow/green/white scheme from the Jazz logo applied to the forum, brighten it up a little and make it a little more "Jazz"y
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Ads   So what do you think of the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Hey guys there are gonna be ads at the top of the pages. I can remove them if I pay to have them removed. I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks and see if this forum takes off. If so I will pay to have the ads removed. We just have to deal with it for now. Just ignore them and don't click on them. I have no way of knowing what they are.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Hey guys there are gonna be ads at the top of the pages. I can remove them if I pay to have them removed. I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks and see if this forum takes off. If so I will pay to have the ads removed. We just have to deal with it for now. Just ignore them and don't click on them. I have no way of knowing what they are.

I personally don't mind an add banner if it pays for the site, there's no reason you should be on the hook for the whole cost. As long as it's just the one on the page and they don't get all crazy with flyouts or malware or stuff like that, I don't see any problem with leaving them.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:34 pm

It's not that much. I think it's like $50 to have them removed for a year. I would prefer not to have them, but like I said I want to make sure the forum is gonna be used before I pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 pm

The new Forum looks great except for it is harder to see and read than the other one, but I may need better glasses. Shocked Also, my username was already taken, so now I am Crunchtime1. Very Happy Thanks for doing this Romo.
Back to top Go down
Mic Check
Rookie
Mic Check

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:20 am

Looks good! RIP tribtalk
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm

I like the forum, Romo.
This is the best look out of all of your "tinkerings".
Thanks for putting in the time, as this is something I could never do.
I am happy to contribute to the maintenance of the site once I know everyone has migrated and will stick around here. I don't think you should have to foot the whole bill if we are all using it.
Thanks again, man.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:51 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I like the forum, Romo.
I am happy to contribute to the maintenance of the site once I know everyone has migrated and will stick around here. I don't think you should have to foot the whole bill if we are all using it.
Thanks again, man.

cheers You're welcome. I just want to make the forum as good as possible so people will enjoy being here. I know it's a bit different from tribtalk, but I hope you guys like it. It's kind of a lot of work, but it will be worth it when we have a good home for Jazz talk and it's thriving.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I like the forum, Romo.
Thanks again, man.

cheers You're welcome. I just want to make the forum as good as possible so people will enjoy being here. I know it's a bit different from tribtalk, but I hope you guys like it. It's kind of a lot of work, but it will be worth it when we have a good home for Jazz talk and it's thriving.

You'll get it just perfect and it will finally get hoppin' in here right as the Jazz are getting eliminated...TribTalk gets pretty dead sometime in the summer, other than some bickering and a few people that claim to have friends that work for the Jazz so they know who we are going to draft, trade, etc. Hopefully some of that carries over to this forum.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 am

You'll get it just perfect and it will finally get hoppin' in here right as the Jazz are getting eliminated...TribTalk gets pretty dead sometime in the summer, other than some bickering and a few people that claim to have friends that work for the Jazz so they know who we are going to draft, trade, etc. Hopefully some of that carries over to this forum.

That's assuming the Jazz have a draft pick. Without a first round pick, the summer becomes even longer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am

Just wanted to point out my favorite thing on this forum. It's something small, but it's really made navigating the site nice....

The darker color bullet next to the thread that let's you know if there's a new post in that thread. Makes it so I don't have to go back & try & remember if I've read certain posts. It's nice to have that notification of something new being written.

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

I personally don't mind an add banner if it pays for the site

They don't bother me, but some people clicking on them thinking it's part of the forum. Then thinking the site has security flaws because the ad is asking them to download something.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Any way to get spell check on this board?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:33 pm

I'll look into it. I have it through firefox so I didn't even know it didn't have it.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I'll look into it. I have it through firefox so I didn't even know it didn't have it.

Thanks, I want to be sure I'm spelling things like: dunkadelic, ballin', dipsy-doo, UnderKanter & Romoholic correctly. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:08 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
i[m]M.V.P. wrote:

Ya, I wouldn't mind seeing some more of the Blue/yellow/green/white scheme from the Jazz logo applied to the forum, brighten it up a little and make it a little more "Jazz"y

Hah, just saw this.....Ole Windy....man he made Calgary look like my best friend!

Echo on the colors if you can Romo, the new uniform colors would be cool, since it really is mostly a Jazz forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what do you think of the forum   So what do you think of the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

So what do you think of the forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next