Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crunchtime1
Starter

Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. Empty
PostSubject: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 am

Just thought I would take a look to see who is stepping forward from last season and who isn't by way of one of the efficiency ratings --- tendex per 48 minutes. I will list this season's tendex per 48 mins, last season's tendex/48 and the change.

13 12 Change
Jeff30.93 31.83 -0.90
Mill 28.68 29.67 -0.99
Fav 24.58 24.35 0.23
Evans 22.33 27.21 -4.88
Carr 22.26 13.32 8.94
Mo22.14 18.99 3.15
Kant 21.68 21.41 0.27
Hayw 21.30 20.86 0.44
Tins 19.72 18.71 1.01
Foye 17.01 17.99 -0.98
Marv 16.50 22.12 -5.62
Wats 15.24 16.72 -1.48
Burk 13.60 17.52 -3.92
Murp -9.99 NA NA

Initial impressions: Only Carroll and Mo are making a significant jump forward, but Mo is almost exactly tied with where Harris finished last season. Carroll's jump is astounding. There is basically no change from the young guns Hayward, Favors and Kanters, although Favors' tendex per 48 is pretty decent both seasons. Marvin, Burks and Evans are going backwards. Marvin is disappointing given his salary and given the fact he has been given plenty of minutes to show what he can do. Burks and Evans are less disappointing given their sparse and sporadic playing time. JMO.

http://www.dougstats.com/12-13/UtahJazz.html

http://www.dougstats.com/11-12/UtahJazz.html

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:44 am

Great stuff.

I think Marvins knee has been effecting his play. He started the season much better than he has been the last few weeks.

I think this table does a nice job of illustrating how important jefferson and milsap are to this team. No way the jazz get that level of player back in trade, so if a trade is made, it will make the jazz a worse team.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
I think this table does a nice job of illustrating how important jefferson and milsap are to this team. No way the jazz get that level of player back in trade, so if a trade is made, it will make the jazz a worse team.

Yep, Jefferson and Millsap consistently achieve high efficiency ratings, but I am not sure how you can tell ahead of time that neither of them could be involved in a trade that would improve the overall outlook for the team (if that is what you are saying). I don't have a trade suggestion though; I am just waiting to see what does or does not happen. The good news is that we are starting to at least look like we will make the playoffs again.

TheMagnus wrote:
I think Marvins knee has been effecting his play. He started the season much better than he has been the last few weeks.

Well hopefully we will see better things out of him later on.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Yep, Jefferson and Millsap consistently achieve high efficiency ratings, but I am not sure how you can tell ahead of time that neither of them could be involved in a trade that would improve the overall outlook for the team (if that is what you are saying). I don't have a trade suggestion though; I am just waiting to see what does or does not happen. The good news is that we are starting to at least look like we will make the playoffs again.

Well I'm not positive, jut 95% sure. Jefferson and Millsap are both boarderline All-Star calliber players. Among centers Jefferson is 9th in PER and 3rd in WinScore, among PF's Millsap is 5th in both, both of them are top 30 in the league in both categories. The chances that a trade for either of them brings back that level of talent at any position, either in an individual or a combination of players better than the ones we have now, is remote at best.

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Well I'm not positive, jut 95% sure. Jefferson and Millsap are both boarderline All-Star calliber players. Among centers Jefferson is 9th in PER and 3rd in WinScore, among PF's Millsap is 5th in both, both of them are top 30 in the league in both categories. The chances that a trade for either of them brings back that level of talent at any position, either in an individual or a combination of players better than the ones we have now, is remote at best.

It may not be likely that the Jazz get a All-star type in return for someone like Jefferson, but it is still not out of the question either.

Say a team like Boston decides that it is over for them due to age or something.... they want financial flexibility right away to start rebuilding. Al, Mo, Raja, who are all expiring contracts and a pick or two (Jefferson could be resigned) for Rondo and Pierce, may be seen as beneficial so they can get out from under Pierce's contract. The Jazz could afford to pay him for another year at 16 million, before the young guns contracts are up.

Maybe the Heat think they need legit size inside and want to swap Al for Bosh( not that I like this idea)?

Memphis has been rumored to be looking to make a move, but doesn't want to lose their shot at a deep playoff run. Gasol for Al? Memphis doesn't lose talent, but gets an expiring contract. Maybe throw in Bayless and Watson?

There's always the Toronto options that have been discussed often on this board.

.... ya'know.... the more I look around the league, the less options I think there are out there. Magnus, you are 95% sure it won't happen, I'm saying I am 75% sure it won't happen. geek
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Except with Mo as injury prone as he is, the Jazz have a GLARING hole at the current and future point guard position. And we've also got four great bigs playing for 3 spots really.
So a trade to me seems at least 50/50. Or we play it out, and Jazz take their shot at free agency etc in the summer (blahhhhhh) which to me makes me want to prepare for disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 am

Jazz have gone from 27th last year in 3pt shooting, to 7th. Way to go KOC/Lindsey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.   Efficiency Ratings:  Last year versus this year. Empty

Back to top Go down

Efficiency Ratings: Last year versus this year.
Page 1 of 1