Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Point Guard - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Point Guard

Go down 
+8
zero24gravity
rorybreaker
dongibby
Crunchtime1
TheMagnus
Mutangclan
Trollificus
thejazzkickazz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Point Guard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:34 am

rorybreaker wrote:
Combination of -Mo', Marv, Big Al, Millsap two first round draft picks.
for
Elite PG, and or elite SF/SG.
It's not brain surgery.

Then why don't you put some names in those spots and see how your frankenstien turns out?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
I've also said before that the Jazz don't chase mid level free agents, they just don't. What they will do is go out and make offers to players coming off rookie contracts and see who they can land. There are several that I think could fit into that category this summer. Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Tiago Splitter, Eric Bledsoe...these are restricted free agents that could be pried away for the right price.

Not that I ever like the Jennings idea, but here's some info that casts even more doubt that Jennings (thankfully) will never be on Utah's radar:

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/2/13/3985462/nba-trade-rumors-2013-brandon-jennings-bucks-trade-irreconcilable-differences

In addition, he feels as though he doesn't get the attention he deserves and wants a bigger market to take his talents to.

He didn't get a max deal, so he switched agents. He didn't make the all-star team, so he decided he needs to play in a bigger market. Fair enough...it's a free country, right?
The reality of course is that he didn't even remotely deserve a max deal, nor did he deserve to make the all-star team. Who represents him and where he plays basketball are merely footnotes to that reality, but admitting that requires a level of self-reflection that might prove too unflattering to bear.

If he really feels he's a max player/all star, then he's may be crazier than D.Cousins!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:33 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
I've also said before that the Jazz don't chase mid level free agents, they just don't. What they will do is go out and make offers to players coming off rookie contracts and see who they can land. There are several that I think could fit into that category this summer. Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Tiago Splitter, Eric Bledsoe...these are restricted free agents that could be pried away for the right price.

Not that I ever like the Jennings idea, but here's some info that casts even more doubt that Jennings (thankfully) will never be on Utah's radar:

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/2/13/3985462/nba-trade-rumors-2013-brandon-jennings-bucks-trade-irreconcilable-differences

In addition, he feels as though he doesn't get the attention he deserves and wants a bigger market to take his talents to.

He didn't get a max deal, so he switched agents. He didn't make the all-star team, so he decided he needs to play in a bigger market. Fair enough...it's a free country, right?
The reality of course is that he didn't even remotely deserve a max deal, nor did he deserve to make the all-star team. Who represents him and where he plays basketball are merely footnotes to that reality, but admitting that requires a level of self-reflection that might prove too unflattering to bear.

If he really feels he's a max player/all star, then he's may be crazier than D.Cousins!

Also, don't forget Jennings was the guy who went to europe instead of going to college and almost got kicked off his team because his behavior was so bad. He's a good player, maybe just not as good as he thinks he is.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:43 pm

I don't think he's a long term solution ... but a guy who's name I haven't seen on this board, that could be a help is former Jazzman Eric Maynor. He's fallen out of the rotation in OKC and in the final year of his contract, so I would guess he's available. He's young & showed promise before his injury.

Not a big splash move, but still someone to consider.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Incoming Players Goran Dragic, Marcin Gortat & Kendall Marshall for Al Jefferson, Mo Williams & GS pick and throw in players to make it work, this is a trade i think can get done and would help both team's. With Mo coming back soon I think the Suns would look at this trade I really do and it would work for both team's IMO.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

dongibby wrote:
Incoming Players Goran Dragic, Marcin Gortat & Kendall Marshall for Al Jefferson, Mo Williams & GS pick and throw in players to make it work, this is a trade i think can get done and would help both team's. With Mo coming back soon I think the Suns would look at this trade I really do and it would work for both team's IMO.

You really think that PHO would give up Dragic AND Marshall, to be left with injury-prone-Mo & Tefair as their PG options?

I could see them moving one of them in the right deal, but not both of them.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:11 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:

You really think that PHO would give up Dragic AND Marshall, to be left with injury-prone-Mo & Tefair as their PG options?

I could see them moving one of them in the right deal, but not both of them.

He is just a player I added in to make the trade work but maybe the Jazz add Watson or Tinsley to make it work who know's but Yes I think there is a trade to be made if both teams are willing to look into it and from some of the things I have read they are both open to talk trade with each other.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I think the best PG we could pursue would be Will Bynum (as someone else talked about on another thread). Unless the Lakers want to give up on Steve Nash, I don't see us adding a PG that will make much of a difference this year.

Will bynum would help us this year, but, not nearly enough to compete in a playoff series with any of the top teams. Detroit needs to figure out if Bynum is expendable. I don't see how Detroit can improve their team and keep Bynum. There's got to be a way we could get Bynum and help both us and Detroit.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:09 pm

I'd throw at least one of this year's first round picks at Dragic, but it would probably take both to get Phoenix to bite. Late 1sts aren't worth much. Dragic is on a good contract and has a very well rounded game. He's not the All Star everyone is pining for but he can run a team, shoots good, and provides some defense that's rare at the pg spot.

Gortat wants out and I'd love to have him in but don't see anything working for both of them.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
I think the best PG we could pursue would be Will Bynum (as someone else talked about on another thread). Unless the Lakers want to give up on Steve Nash, I don't see us adding a PG that will make much of a difference this year.

Will bynum would help us this year, but, not nearly enough to compete in a playoff series with any of the top teams. Detroit needs to figure out if Bynum is expendable. I don't see how Detroit can improve their team and keep Bynum. There's got to be a way we could get Bynum and help both us and Detroit.

I agree here Saint. And since he's all the rage, I'd take Bynum over Bledsoe all day.

I imagine Detroit wound't mind clearing some space, and maybe theres an ideal situation here where they'd like Raja in a mentoring role for their new 2 guard Brandon Knight. Actually, I think Bynum is expiring, so that'd be the whole bonus there, getting a defensive vet for a bit. They aren't resigning Bynum anyway.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Who would have guessed that the Jazz could have re-signed Fisher???????? Definitely an upgrade over Tinsley and Watson...oh yeah, I remember, he famously hosed the Jazz for family reasons so he could sign with the Lakers. Based on the back-story http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/25/fisher-joins-thunder-after-shafting-mavs/ looks like he is up to old tricks. Its all about the family for Fish.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Who would have guessed that the Jazz could have re-signed Fisher???????? Definitely an upgrade over Tinsley and Watson...oh yeah, I remember, he famously hosed the Jazz for family reasons so he could sign with the Lakers. Based on the back-story http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/25/fisher-joins-thunder-after-shafting-mavs/ looks like he is up to old tricks. Its all about the family for Fish.

Fisher is an absolute coat tail riding, politician, duche-bag.

I wouldn't be suprised (and I'd be happy to hear) that Cuban hires a bunch of lawyers to go after that scum-bag for breach of contract, or something along those lines. Sounds like something fun that Mr. Cuabn would enjoy doing in his spare time.
Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Saint Louis wrote:

What about Vasquez, he will be a FA right? For me, he would be the best fit by far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Point Guard   Point Guard - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Point Guard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next