Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  The Jazz Best Five - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Jazz Best Five

Go down 
+3
Mutangclan
MTJazz
Saint Louis
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

The Jazz Best Five - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jazz Best Five   The Jazz Best Five - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:57 am

TheMagnus wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Hard for me to say who is or who will be better between Favors and Kanter. They are too different of players to say who is better. Two totally different skill sets. And by damn, they compliment each other so well. The future is bright in jazz land, says I.

Exactly. The argument over who is better is pretty much entirely subjective, I certainly don't fault MT for going with Kanter, I just find it bazar when people think that the one that isn't "better" is expendable.

Someone said that Kanter or Favors was expendable???? Where was that? Thats ludicrous. Fav and Kanter are both going to be great.

That was why when Calgary went off about how JV was "obviously a superior player and pick" for the Jazz, I argued so much, telling Calgary that KOC is a great GM: Kanter and Favors compliment each other perfectly.
And for me, if Millsap wasn't such a good player, my best starting 5 and best 5 would include Kanter and Fav. Which is why, if Millsap is gone too next year, I'm confident in our starting bigs. I hope he stays though, so we have 3 starting quality bigs.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: The Jazz Best Five   The Jazz Best Five - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 am

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Hard for me to say who is or who will be better between Favors and Kanter. They are too different of players to say who is better. Two totally different skill sets. And by damn, they compliment each other so well. The future is bright in jazz land, says I.

Exactly. The argument over who is better is pretty much entirely subjective, I certainly don't fault MT for going with Kanter, I just find it bazar when people think that the one that isn't "better" is expendable.

Someone said that Kanter or Favors was expendable???? Where was that? Thats ludicrous. Fav and Kanter are both going to be great.

That was why when Calgary went off about how JV was "obviously a superior player and pick" for the Jazz, I argued so much, telling Calgary that KOC is a great GM: Kanter and Favors compliment each other perfectly.
And for me, if Millsap wasn't such a good player, my best starting 5 and best 5 would include Kanter and Fav. Which is why, if Millsap is gone too next year, I'm confident in our starting bigs. I hope he stays though, so we have 3 starting quality bigs.

Well obviously Calg has alwasy felt that way about Kanter (though he recently walked that back a bit), and that's also the vibe I'm getting from MT on Favors when he's posting comments like this...

MTJazz wrote:

Not saying "give up on Favors" as yes, he is only 21, but this is the conclusion of his third NBA season and by now we should be seeing more development like we've seen in GH and Kanter, (the latter in his second season and younger!) Did you notice that sequence when Kanter took Kaman 3 straight times, one with a drop step, one with a hook and one on a jumper? That there is O skillz! Favors can be a beast around the rim on both O and D but for whatever reason it isn't that hard for other teams to take him out of his 0 - (keep him off the rim) or let him foul his way off the floor. He has no reliable shot outside of 6 feet and his footwork is absent; he relies on pure athleticism. He either comes back next year with some post moves and shows he is what we all hope he can become or becomes trade bait since GM's like you, who see that number "21", physique, and athleticism and decide they are going to steal him in exchange for getting robbed of assets the Jazz see as more valuable. I'm not convinced that Favors is starting PF/C material on a good team. I think his time is up by the trade deadline next year - his play either won't command that much money to extend (still a project), in which the Jazz do it, or they find a GM who thinks they are better at player development.

and this...

MTJazz wrote:

Really? What is your evidence? I'm using my eyes. You are all in on Favors and my eye says, "Sorry about the high pick, you are going to be a really good journeyman". Kanter has O that kills already, he will learn D. Favors is a great teammate in a role, and he isn't going to learn O.

I just can't agree with those assessments. It's got nothing to do with Kanter, I think Kanter is great, but those valuations of Favors and what he "needs" and can learn, and what he can't, are just nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: The Jazz Best Five   The Jazz Best Five - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:59 am

TheMagnus wrote:

I just can't agree with those assessments. It's got nothing to do with Kanter, I think Kanter is great, but those valuations of Favors and what he "needs" and can learn, and what he can't, are just nonsense.

Well no. Preference for Paul/Fav/Kanter on starting two of them is fine. But you dont get rid of any of them. They're all phenomenal talents, and with Kanter and Fav, BOTH are going to be better than they already are. The only thing I'll disagree with you on Fav v Kanter is that Fav is a better rebounder. I think the numbers may show it, but my opinion is that Kanter will show next year is a slightly better rebounder, while both will show to be very good rebounders.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: The Jazz Best Five   The Jazz Best Five - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 am

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Well no. Preference for Paul/Fav/Kanter on starting two of them is fine. But you dont get rid of any of them. They're all phenomenal talents, and with Kanter and Fav, BOTH are going to be better than they already are. The only thing I'll disagree with you on Fav v Kanter is that Fav is a better rebounder. I think the numbers may show it, but my opinion is that Kanter will show next year is a slightly better rebounder, while both will show to be very good rebounders.

Ya, they are both very good. Kanter is having a down year for Defensive rebounding, but I think he'll bounce back up and the two will be fairly even.

Here's a list of players under the age of 21 who have averaged more than 14 pts, 10 reb, and 1 block per 36 minutes.

Not a bad bunch if you ask me...and interesting that the closest comp to Kanter in that group is a young Al Jefferson and the closes comp to Favors is probably a young Amare Staudomire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jazz Best Five   The Jazz Best Five - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Jazz Best Five
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2