Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Running Different Stuff to Start Games Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Running Different Stuff to Start Games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crunchtime1
Starter

Running Different Stuff to Start Games Empty
PostSubject: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:58 am

Mo Williams says Utah Jazz 'running different stuff' to start games
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/56071887-62/jazz-game-games-getting.html.csp

Millsap says "I think we got a little carried away with just coming down, starting the game, just throwing it down to Al, letting him work. It made it too tough on him, made it too tough on everybody else. It's basically just getting everybody moving, moving the basketball around."

The comments following this blog are right on: Ribbing Ty for taking so long to make some adjustments to the way the Jazz have been starting out games. Also, it seems like we may be seeing some evidence that it is possible for Gordon to succeed when he is on the floor the same time as Al.

Regarding the race for the playoffs, I thought the Jazz' goose was cooked, but with the Lakers so beat up (Metta is out and Kobe left the arena last night with a crutch), I guess the Jazz are still in the race even if they lose more games than they win the rest of the way. This is pretty cynical of me, but I think I would rather have the Jazz miss the playoffs to make sure Ty gets fired than have the Jazz make the playoffs and then potentially decide that Ty deserves a longer run. I am ready for a fresh new Jazz coach. JMO.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Mo Williams says Utah Jazz 'running different stuff' to start games
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/56071887-62/jazz-game-games-getting.html.csp

Millsap says "I think we got a little carried away with just coming down, starting the game, just throwing it down to Al, letting him work. It made it too tough on him, made it too tough on everybody else. It's basically just getting everybody moving, moving the basketball around."

The comments following this blog are right on: Ribbing Ty for taking so long to make some adjustments to the way the Jazz have been starting out games. Also, it seems like we may be seeing some evidence that it is possible for Gordon to succeed when he is on the floor the same time as Al.

Regarding the race for the playoffs, I thought the Jazz' goose was cooked, but with the Lakers so beat up (Metta is out and Kobe left the arena last night with a crutch), I guess the Jazz are still in the race. This is pretty cynical of me, but I think I would rather have the Jazz miss the playoffs to make sure Ty gets fired than have the Jazz make the playoffs and then potentially decide that Ty deserves a longer run. JMO.

You're definitely not alone there. Probably a lot of jazz fans that feel like making the playoffs is a worst case scenario.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:14 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:

Regarding the race for the playoffs, I thought the Jazz' goose was cooked, but with the Lakers so beat up (Metta is out and Kobe left the arena last night with a crutch), I guess the Jazz are still in the race. This is pretty cynical of me, but I think I would rather have the Jazz miss the playoffs to make sure Ty gets fired than have the Jazz make the playoffs and then potentially decide that Ty deserves a longer run. JMO.

I think whether the Jazz make the playoffs or not is moot with respect to whether the Jazz fire Ty or not. If the Jazz make it it is going to be embarrassing and painful to watch, just like last year. Sneaking in as the 8th seed with a 0.500 record and inability to win on the road and to be swept by the Spurs/OKC two years in a row, them treating the Jazz as a warm up for the real show, isn't exactly living up to the Jazz's "winning tradition" mantra. Still, as disappointed as I am in the team, my Jazz pride around my buddies who are fans of other teams would like the asterisk of at least saying, "Well, the Jazz did make the playoffs....despite the coach."
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:37 am

MTJazz wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

I think whether the Jazz make the playoffs or not is moot with respect to whether the Jazz fire Ty or not. If the Jazz make it it is going to be embarrassing and painful to watch, just like last year. Sneaking in as the 8th seed with a 0.500 record and inability to win on the road and to be swept by the Spurs/OKC two years in a row, them treating the Jazz as a warm up for the real show, isn't exactly living up to the Jazz's "winning tradition" mantra. Still, as disappointed as I am in the team, my Jazz pride around my buddies who are fans of other teams would like the asterisk of at least saying, "Well, the Jazz did make the playoffs....despite the coach."

You don't think it matters for Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)'s future? I don't know, seems like it's much tougher to justify firing a Coach that in spite of everything else led a team that is technically "rebuilding" to back to back playoff berths in a competitive western conference than it would be to justify firing a coach who "lost his team" and fell out of the playoff race after the all-star game.

I think I'd go so far to say that if the Jazz make the playoffs that there is no way they fire Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013), and if they don't it's probably still 50/50.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 am

While we're talking about Ty, here's some comments from a recent Randy Rigby interview...

Randy Rigby wrote:

On Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)’s huge success keeping the locker room together

COACH has done a remarkable job of really, to that point, he has kept that locker room together. He has given respect to each one of our players, and held them, also, at the same time, all of them responsible for improving and developing, and playing together, and I think Ty has done a remarkable job.

He’s done the job that we’ve asked him to do from a front office and from our ownership standpoint as well. And we’ve been very open and had very good communications. And so we’ve all been in sync together. And so I’ve been very impressed with the job that Ty has done.

And I don’t, it’s easy for him to, takes a lot of shots, from time to time, but Ty’s done a great job.

On Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)’s rotations

Ty also’s like, he’s taking responsibility sometimes of, as we, at the end of a game, said “I maybe stayed with him too long” or “I maybe should have looked at this.”*

But you know what? Those are things, he’s at least recognizing when he’s made mistakes, taking accountability, and we’re holding him, he’s holding himself accountable like each and one of us is saying, are we doing the best that we can do in our area.

http://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/bits-from-randy-rigby-interview-327/

Also found this little bit interesting...

Quote :

And if our players will do that, I want them to have the time on the floor, be it veteran or rookies. Or, not rookies, but our young guys. And so, you’ve got to play team ball. And then, we’ve got to play harder- and tougher-nosed defensively.

I think we’ve got to continue to s–improve our deven–our defensive toughness. For the rest of this season, and also, moving into next year, taking it continually another step up. And that’s gonna be something that I’m gonna be harping on in a major way, and I, and Dennis and Kevin and I have had conversations about that.

I know Ty is also having conversations about it. We’re gonna continue to want to improve our defyensive toughness as a team.

http://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/bits-from-randy-rigby-interview-327/

Ahhh, so that is why he's playing Jefferson 40 minutes a game, for the defensive toughness...
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 am

TheMagnus wrote:

You don't think it matters for Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)'s future? I don't know, seems like it's much tougher to justify firing a Coach that in spite of everything else led a team that is technically "rebuilding" to back to back playoff berths in a competitive western conference than it would be to justify firing a coach who "lost his team" and fell out of the playoff race after the all-star game.

I think I'd go so far to say that if the Jazz make the playoffs that there is no way they fire Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013), and if they don't it's probably still 50/50.

Sadly I totally agree. The fan in me wants to see them make the playoffs this year. We will have money to spend, I dont care as much about the draft pick, I want to see them go as far as possible. And there is some benefit to playing in the playoffs.

The other side of me wants them to not make it, so Tyroneeee can be fired.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 am

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

I agree with Magnus. If the jazz make it into the playoffs it will be: "Tyrone Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013) led the Utah Jazz into the playoffs, despite having an injury riddled season involving key players...despite distractions surrounding the trade deadline and impending free agency, despite being in a dog fight for that final spot with the LA Lakers." And we will hear lots of "we want to see what this team can do once the free agency dust settles and everyone is healthy, because Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013) deserves a season without distractions, because he hasn't had that yet"

Whereas, if they don't make it, the focus might be:
"The jazz were perfectly positioned mid-season to be a 5-6 seed in the playoffs...however, due to Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)'s boneheaded rotations and mismanagement of players, he completely lost the team and they fell from playoff contention to a nobody in one short half season"
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 am

Wow. That interview with Randy Rigby sure didn't sound encouraging for getting a new coach this summer. Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013)'s "huge success"? Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013) "has done a great job"? Really?

Running Different Stuff to Start Games Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7eAp-eZihevlfybGsbsEs3jdDP7viuenj17Vq4Cdz1E3t-3FD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Different Stuff to Start Games   Running Different Stuff to Start Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Running Different Stuff to Start Games
Page 1 of 1