Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazz Dog
Rookie

2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league   2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:56 am

Guys and Dolls,

Dong, you might need to clarify my remarks here.

We talked about allowing trades to happen during the summer for next year's keeper league. I believe we have two spots that need to be taken over by new team owners. We also need everyone to let us know who your keepers are so we can start having this discussion.

We also need to know how many keepers we are keeping. I have heard 4 or 5...having the dominant team, the more the merrier for the defending champs. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league   2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:46 am

Jazz Dog wrote:
Guys and Dolls,

We talked about allowing trades to happen during the summer for next year's keeper league. I believe we have two spots that need to be taken over by new team owners. We also need everyone to let us know who your keepers are so we can start having this discussion.

We also need to know how many keepers we are keeping. I have heard 4 or 5...having the dominant team, the more the merrier for the defending champs. Very Happy

Pretty sure we said 5. We only kept 4 last year due to expansion.

Also, I thought we didn't need to name our keepers until closer to the draft. Off-season trades, FA signings, draft, ect will change who is a "keeper" and who isn't in a lot of instances.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league   2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:26 am

zero24gravity wrote:
Jazz Dog wrote:
Guys and Dolls,

Pretty sure we said 5. We only kept 4 last year due to expansion.

Also, I thought we didn't need to name our keepers until closer to the draft. Off-season trades, FA signings, draft, ect will change who is a "keeper" and who isn't in a lot of instances.

In the trib talk keeper league next season it is 5 keeper that we are going to go with, we did 4 keepers this last season because of expanding with 2 more teams. Yes we need 2 more managers for next season so if anyone wants to join up let us know and I will add you when it is time for fantasy sign up nest year, it would be great if we could fill those two spots with people from this Jazz forum so if anyone is thinking of playing next year please let us know. Thanks

As far as the trade thing goes I was thinking about doing it next season after the free-agent signing starts that way we would know a little more about where and who the players will be before we make any moves. I think the best way to do the Keeper thing is doing it the same way as last season after the draft and free agent thing about 3 to 4 weeks before the season starts, if everyone that's in the league wants to do things differently them we could look at it but it would take most of us to agree to it before we could change the way we have done things.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league   2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm

I made a huge improvement in fb last year as compared to the year before. So i would probably be interested
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league   2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:36 am

Romoholic wrote:
I made a huge improvement in fb last year as compared to the year before. So i would probably be interested

OK, Romo you have a spot in the Keeper league I will send you a list of the players on the two team's that are open when the fantasy league starts up and get things setup for you, Thanks for joining and I and all of the others are looking forward to having you in the league it is always nice to have high quality people in the league makes it more competitive.

If anyone is interested in the other team please speak up it would really be nice to have the league filled with trib talk people.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league   2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:34 pm

dongibby wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

OK, Romo you have a spot in the Keeper league I will send you a list of the players on the two team's that are open when the fantasy league starts up and get things setup for you, Thanks for joining and I and all of the others are looking forward to having you in the league it is always nice to have high quality people in the league makes it more competitive.

If anyone is interested in the other team please speak up it would really be nice to have the league filled with trib talk people.

Absolutely let Romo in! Not only is Romo a good Fantasy manager, but he started this forum (I think), which is incredibly awesome for all of us displaced TribTalkers.

As for the remaining spot in the Keeper league... has anyone heard from Guarani Jazz? He used to be very active on TribTalk and in the fantasy leagues, then he disappeared. No one can blame him for having more important things to do, but, it kind of screwed up the competition level for our leagues. I hope he's busy making lots of money for himself and his family. But, for us, it just means one more open spot in all the leagues.

As for trades and moves in the keeper league, please try to keep it as transparent as possible. I pretty much sacrificed my chances of winning this year for getting an extra 1st round pick in next year's draft (not that I had such a great shot at winning it this year). I don't want to go in to next year's draft without a clear picture of who is available and no idea as to which positions other teams need to fill (and, it would be good for other teams to know who I have, and to guess my draft strategy). It seems like Keeper leagues may be harder to run than other leagues. Regardless, thanks for running this one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league   2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 Keepers and stuff- Keeper league
Page 1 of 1