Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers

Go down 
+10
Tarakaan
ptaz66
Jazz Dog
zero24gravity
Leoverine
Trollificus
Romoholic
Mutangclan
dongibby
Saint Louis
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saint Louis
Starter

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:02 am

What are the plans for the Tribtalk fantasy basketball leagues? They were actually pretty impressive. Are we going to keep those up? Did everyone migrate to this forum?
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 am

Saint Louis wrote:
What are the plans for the Tribtalk fantasy basketball leagues? They were actually pretty impressive. Are we going to keep those up? Did everyone migrate to this forum?

I am planing on having the Trib Talk keeper league again and will send out the invites as soon as the fantasy season starts, We needed 2 new managers to keep the league at 12 team's and therawns has said that he wants to join so it look's like we only need 1 more to join up. So if anyone else is wanting to join please speak up.

I don't know how the A and B teams are going to be handled this next season I am not so sure there will be enough people that will join up to support both leagues, that was one of the problems last season so we will have to see how things turn's out but Troll is the Commissioner and he will be the guy that sends out those invites. I would say that maybe anyone that wants to join the A or B teams let's Troll know then he can send them an invite when he gets thing going, Therawns are you interested in joining one of these other league's along with the Keeper league? Of if anyone else in this forum wants to join lets Troll know or me if you want in the keeper league.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

We'll see how many we have to play this year. If it gets cut down to 1 league because we dont have everyeon, thats cool with me. If it was still enough for two, I always thought the moving up and down was a nice wrinkle.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
We'll see how many we have to play this year. If it gets cut down to 1 league because we dont have everyeon, thats cool with me. If it was still enough for two, I always thought the moving up and down was a nice wrinkle.

YA, if we can get enough people to fill up both leagues that would be the way to go for sure let's hope that enough will want to sign up so we can get both of them going, if anyone has ever thought about playing fantasy basketball this is a good one to join it is full of some of the best fantasy basketball guys that I have ever played against making it very competitive no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:45 pm

I'd be willing to play again, I did much better last season.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 pm

A and B were both 12 teamers last year, should be able to do it again...

There IS considerable overlap, and it's tempting to consolidate, but there's definitely too many for a single league. I, for one, am NOT keen on having any 16/20 team leagues ever again.

We've got time to get it sorted out over the next month or so.

OR...

How about one h2h league and one Rotisserie league?? The Rotisserie league lacks the daily drama and box-score-watching of h2h, but it does have a lot of interesting elements.
Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Im really sorry for ruining all the 3 leagues with my inactivity. I never did that, but last year was tuff and I was in too many leagues and missed all the drafts, tha kind of turned me down.

If you allow me to be back, I would like, but only in 2 leagues this time.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I'll be back in both leagues. Fantasy football is fun an all, but it's really just a time-filler until basketball starts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 pm

I forgot, who won all three last year?

Pats myself on back.
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 am

I was in the B league and would enjoy playing again this year.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Leoverine wrote:
Im really sorry for ruining all the 3 leagues with my inactivity. I never did that, but last year was tuff and I was in too many leagues and missed all the drafts, tha kind of turned me down.

OK Leoverine you still have your spot in the trib talk keeper league so with therawns wanting to join we are up to the 12 team's we need, so unless someone else don't show up we will roll with what we have. Glad to have you back on board where you belong and good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Leoverine wrote:

K. All is forgiven. You were roundly cussed out already last year, so it's fine. (not really. Everybody was all, like, "Oooh I hope he's okay. Hope nothin' happened to him." And I was like, "Let's fly down there and help him out! I'll check the bikini beach, y'all head up into the favelas.")

We'll save a spot in one or the other (non-keeper) league for ya. You too, Ptaz. Still got plenty of time to get the invites out, I think we'd want as many back as possible as both leagues were pretty fun and competitive until the playoffs.

Last edited by Trollificus on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
I'll be back in both leagues. Fantasy football is fun an all, but it's really just a time-filler until basketball starts.

Crazyman. Fantasy basketball is mostly good for keeping me from having withdrawals when fantasy football is over.

For playing, from games to just shootin' around or rebounding for somebody, basketball is wonderful (I have a medical directive to NOT PLAY BASKETBALL EVER, AT ALL, NOT EVEN SHOOTIN' AROUND. screw that.), the best, a source of great physical and mental pleasure.

For betting, fantasy, watching on TV or in a stadium, for being a fan...football is king. KING! Football's incredible to watch, the complexity of the plays, the pace: where you have just enough time to re-hash the previous play and speculate as to the next, the violence...it's perfect.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 am

Trollificus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Crazyman. Fantasy basketball is mostly good for keeping me from having withdrawals when fantasy football is over.

For playing, from games to just shootin' around or rebounding for somebody, basketball is wonderful (I have a medical directive to NOT PLAY BASKETBALL EVER, AT ALL, NOT EVEN SHOOTIN' AROUND. screw that.), the best, a source of great physical and mental pleasure.

For betting, fantasy, watching on TV or in a stadium, for being a fan...football is king. KING! Football's incredible to watch, the complexity of the plays, the pace: where you have just enough time to re-hash the previous play and speculate as to the next, the violence...it's perfect.

Football is great. I love NFL & NBA equally, if you take the Jazz out of the equasion. I like NCAA football way more than NCAA basketball.

I just think that fantasy football is a little ho-hum. Not nearly as many trades or need for activity as basketball & baseball. That's the primary reason I started a 16 team league. It helps shake things up & keeps it more interesting.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am

Trollificus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

I will take Basketball any day over Football I just like watching it more so than any other sport on TV and I like playing it even more, to me Basketball is more action packed than all of the other sports. I have been a basketball fan all the way back to when I was like 6 year's old in the early 60's It is a sport that a person could do by himself if he had to as I did at times working on my outside shooting and hook shot in the paint, I was a pretty short guy and a hook shot in the paint was about my only chance for a basket in the paint if I was not going in for a layup.

I also have a medical directive not to play basketball any longer I had my knee replaced and I did not recover very well from it, I have a hard time running on it and things like that but I get around on it good enough. I used to play basketball to keep in shape about 3 to 4 time's a week I found out over the years that playing basketball was the best way for me to stay in shape for the outside sports that I love to do, I think if people was to go out and play basketball like that they also would find out that basketball is one of the best way's to keep in shape for anyone old, young, short or tall anyone can play it and have fun in the process that's why it is so great.
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:13 pm

I was first at the end the B League regular season and managed to bomb out spectacularly in the finals! I'd really like an opportunity to improve on last years results this year!
Put me in coach, I'm ready!
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Trollificus wrote:

Don't forget to send me invite when season starts.

Oh and I find this ^ quote very interesting

You talking about real FOOTBALL, right? The one which is king of sports in all the world, most watched sport even by far like FIFA World Cup right? Because I can't believe you would say that about american football...seriously that sport can beat baseball or cricket when it comes to being unwatchable and boring;)
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

You talking about real FOOTBALL, right? The one which is king of sports in all the world, most watched sport even by far like FIFA World Cup right? Because I can't believe you would say that about american football...seriously that sport can beat baseball or cricket when it comes to being unwatchable and boring;)

no u r.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

When it open's up I will send out an invite for sure Cal good to see you in here it is about time guy.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

You're kidding right?
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 am

Romoholic wrote:

You're kidding right?

Rolling Eyes No, why would you think that way? For me american football is one of the most boring sports ever. All these breaks, stoppages and lack of action which lasts longer then 5 seconds makes it unwatchable. I forced myself once to watch some NFL game.. it was 2:30 min left according to the game timeclock, so I said what the heck I will watch it until basketball starts. That lasted over 30 min with all breaks and commercials, no points was scored and it made me so frustrated with this nonsense that I swore to myself I would never waste a single minute of my life on it. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 am

I am down this year. Is there a particular place I should sign up for?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

You're kidding right?

Rolling Eyes No, why would you think that way? For me american football is one of the most boring sports ever. All these breaks, stoppages and lack of action which lasts longer then 5 seconds makes it unwatchable. I forced myself once to watch some NFL game.. it was 2:30 min left according to the game timeclock, so I said what the heck I will watch it until basketball starts. That lasted over 30 min with all breaks and commercials, no points was scored and it made me so frustrated with this nonsense that I swore to myself I would never waste a single minute of my life on it. Sorry.

I'm a football fan and really enjoy watching games, even if I'm not very aware of the teams involved. It's great entertainment IMO.

However, I can see why someone who is not familiar with the game would think the way you describe.

I bet, if you gave it a real chance, and sat down and watched a couple good games with someone who can explain things for you.... someone with a real passion for the game, you would like American football a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 am

zero24gravity wrote:
I bet, if you gave it a real chance, and sat down and watched a couple good games with someone who can explain things for you.... someone with a real passion for the game, you would like American football a lot more.

So what you saying - I need to go watch NFL game with trollificus:)...
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Why dont we get a list on here of who is in for the leagues other than that keeper league. See if we have enough for two leagues etc, so that its all ready to go sometime next month. Just add/edit it as we go:

Tarakaan
Therawns
Mutang
Calgary
Romo
Sampaguy
Troll
DonG
Zero
Magnus
Ptaz
Jazz Dog
Leoverine
Saint Louis

Last edited by Mutangclan on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next