Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Next Season's PG Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Season's PG

Go down 
+12
Crunchtime1
RookieJazz
ptaz66
zero24gravity
The Voice of Reason
therawns
i[m]M.V.P.
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
Jazz Dog
Romoholic
dongibby
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 am

With the Jazz having a 50/50 chance of getting a 1st round pick next year it could be the only way they get the PG this team is looking for is by free-agency, there are several very good PG's that will be available as free-agents here is a list below.

Deron Williams – Player Option ($17.8 million)
Steve Nash, – Unrestricted
Aaron Brooks, – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Raymond Felton, – Unrestricted
Kirk Hinrich, – Unrestricted
Jason Kidd, – Unrestricted
Andre Miller, – Unrestricted
Chauncey Billups, – Unrestricted
Jameer Nelson, Player Option ($7.8 million)
D.J. Augustin, – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Jason Terry, – Unrestricted
George Hill, – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Jordan Farmar, – Player Option ($4.3 million)
Leandro Barbosa, – Unrestricted
Beno Udrih, – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Goran Dragic, H – Unrestricted*
Jerryd Bayless, – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Derek Fisher, – Unrestricted
Randy Foye, – Unrestricted
Mo Williams, – Player Option ($8.5 million)
Jonny Flynn, – Unrestricted
Keyon Dooling, – Unrestricted
Ishmael Smith, – Unrestricted*
Ramon Sessions, – Player Option ($4.6 million)
Jeremy Lin, – Unrestricted*
Armon Johnson, – Unrestricted*
John Lucas, – Unrestricted
Gilbert Arenas, – Unrestricted
Delonte West, – Unrestricted TRASH DON'T WANT ON THE JAZZ
T.J. Ford, – Unrestricted
Jamaal Tinsley, – Team Option ($1.3 million)
Patty Mills, – Unrestricted*

There are some out there that could take the Jazz to the next level and that's the next step in the process for this Jazz team IMO, my first choice without a doubt is Goran Dragic. This guy has shown that he has everything it takes to be a top PG in this league and I think he fits right in with all of the Young Guns the Jazz has on the team and this group would have many many years together going forward. I am hoping that the Jazz make a hard run at this Kid as a free agent this summer. I also like Felton he is a better player than this when he is on a team that know's how to use him right coming to camp in shape would also help him out a lot, I think he would be more like the player he was when he played for the Knicks if he was to come to the Jazz who would put the ball in his hands to run the game I don't think Portland was willing to do this at the first of the season. Mo Williams and Lin would be next in line on my list both players are good enough I think to lead this group of Kids the Jazz have and make them a better team. Looking at the names below there are quite a few PG's on this list that the Jazz could go after this summer but there is one name that I think the Jazz should sign for sure Tinsley I just hope they will be able to resign him because he has played well this season and other teams will be looking at him and could offer more than what the Jazz are willing to give.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:02 am

There are a lot of interesting options out there. You have to think Jason Terry will be available if the Mavs sign Deron. I'm most interested in Felton, Nash, Terry and Lin. I would be happy with any of those guys. I think Nash and Felton would be the best fit in Utah though.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Jazz Dog
Rookie

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:19 am

With Hornacek and Nash friendship we might have a chance of convincing him that this is the place. He would fit in really well even if we could draft the kid out of Weber. If we get Nash I would trade Harris, I don't want that much money tied up in our PG's.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 am

The guys I see are Dragic, Lowry, Nash in that order. There is really nobody else I am interested in.

Outside of those 3 (and MAYBE Patty Mills) Harris is, and will be, better than all of them.

Also, if we managed to land Nash, I would keep Harris.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 pm

I think in order, it would be Dragic, Lowry then......thats it. If we get Lilliard or Marshall in the draft, then I'm MORE interested in getting Nash. Having him on the roster for a rookie would be amazing.

Other than that, I think Devin is the best of them all. With Tinsley an excellent backup.
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: JT aint no PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Romoholic wrote:
There are a lot of interesting options out there. You have to think Jason Terry will be available if the Mavs sign Deron. I'm most interested in Felton, Nash, Terry and Lin. I would be happy with any of those guys. I think Nash and Felton would be the best fit in Utah though.

JT aint no PG. He's awesome clutch shooter. I'll want Nash if we can trade for Lillard. Marshall already has good passing skills but to me he's like Jose Calderon. Lillard, on the other hand is similar to Dru Holiday: explosive scorer, athletic, but can't pass or run the offense well. That's where Nash comes in. He could mentor Lillard and develop passing skills just like he did with Goran Dragic. Or we can just sign Dragic and keep Harris.

Felton is terrible. Harris is far superior.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm inclined to just keep Harris and see if he continues to gel with this system. Maybe wait until next year to grab another PG. Unless we can bring Deron back that is What a Face
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I'm inclined to just keep Harris and see if he continues to gel with this system. Maybe wait until next year to grab another PG. Unless we can bring Deron back that is What a Face

Do you know next year's PG crop including draft and free agents? CP3?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:48 pm

No I haven't even looked into it. I just think there are more pressing needs besides PG. That's saying that Harris continues playing to the level he has the last month and a half. If not we may be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 pm

I see 2 problems with the current crop of PG for Utah.

1. All 3 of their contracts are up after next year. I would like to have at least 1 of them signed up for the future.

2. Harris is not young, and he is our youngest. I would like to get a young PG.

Now, the one PG I really think would be a good fit for Utah does not fix problem #2, but id offer Andre Miller a 2-3 year contract. He is probably a top 5 backup PG at this point in his career. I would absolutely love to have a Harris/Miller PG tandem for a few years. You then trade Watson or Tinsley for a 2nd round pick.

I am totally content though with the PG situation for now. Yes, I think it will need to be addressed soon, but not right now. There are more glaring weaknesses like wings. (What else is new though.)
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 pm

dongibby wrote:
With the Jazz having a 50/50 chance of getting a 1st round pick next year it could be the only way they get the PG this team is looking for is by free-agency, there are several very good PG's that will be available as free-agents here is a list below.

Deron Williams – Player Option ($17.8 million)
Steve Nash, – Unrestricted
Aaron Brooks, – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Raymond Felton, – Unrestricted
Kirk Hinrich, – Unrestricted
Jason Kidd, – Unrestricted
Andre Miller, – Unrestricted
Chauncey Billups, – Unrestricted
Jameer Nelson, Player Option ($7.8 million)
D.J. Augustin, – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Jason Terry, – Unrestricted
George Hill, – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Jordan Farmar, – Player Option ($4.3 million)
Leandro Barbosa, – Unrestricted
Beno Udrih, – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Goran Dragic, H – Unrestricted*
Jerryd Bayless, – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Derek Fisher, – Unrestricted
Randy Foye, – Unrestricted
Mo Williams, – Player Option ($8.5 million)
Jonny Flynn, – Unrestricted
Keyon Dooling, – Unrestricted
Ishmael Smith, – Unrestricted*
Ramon Sessions, – Player Option ($4.6 million)
Jeremy Lin, – Unrestricted*
Armon Johnson, – Unrestricted*
John Lucas, – Unrestricted
Gilbert Arenas, – Unrestricted
Delonte West, – Unrestricted TRASH DON'T WANT ON THE JAZZ
T.J. Ford, – Unrestricted
Jamaal Tinsley, – Team Option ($1.3 million)
Patty Mills, – Unrestricted*

There are some out there that could take the Jazz to the next level and that's the next step in the process for this Jazz team IMO, my first choice without a doubt is Goran Dragic. This guy has shown that he has everything it takes to be a top PG in this league and I think he fits right in with all of the Young Guns the Jazz has on the team and this group would have many many years together going forward. I am hoping that the Jazz make a hard run at this Kid as a free agent this summer. I also like Felton he is a better player than this when he is on a team that know's how to use him right coming to camp in shape would also help him out a lot, I think he would be more like the player he was when he played for the Knicks if he was to come to the Jazz who would put the ball in his hands to run the game I don't think Portland was willing to do this at the first of the season. Mo Williams and Lin would be next in line on my list both players are good enough I think to lead this group of Kids the Jazz have and make them a better team. Looking at the names below there are quite a few PG's on this list that the Jazz could go after this summer but there is one name that I think the Jazz should sign for sure Tinsley I just hope they will be able to resign him because he has played well this season and other teams will be looking at him and could offer more than what the Jazz are willing to give.

No way do the Jazz let Tinsley walk away when all they owe him next year 1.3 million.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:13 am

I thought JT was on a 1 year deal. If not that is good. I would see about moving Watson before JT or Harris.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:19 am

I know he is old, but I would love to see Nash on this team. I have always been a huge fan of Nash & his game.
A 38 year old Nash is better than most 25 year old PGs in my opinion.
Of course, this pipe dream wouldn't make a lot of sense without a young up and comer to be mentored.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I know he is old, but I would love to see Nash on this team. I have always been a huge fan of Nash & his game.
A 38 year old Nash is better than most 25 year old PGs in my opinion.
Of course, this pipe dream wouldn't make a lot of sense without a young up and comer to be mentored.

I realize he is great, but you have to consider a few things.

Does he make the Jazz a title contender? I would say possible border line. I am not sure if he would be interested in coming to Utah. I think he stays in PHX or he goes chases a title and signs the mid-level exception.

Signing Nash means trading Harris. Harris is coming into a contract year. Good luck convincing him to stay happy about being a backup after the way he played, and him being in a contract year.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Everything depends on if we can get that draft pick. If we do, I think our future is covered and we could afford to let Devin go for something.

If not, my guess is that Devin will be as good as he has been lately, or maybe even better next year in the PG categories. Thats not shabby at all for a starting PG in this league if that is what the Jazz get from him. If he is that good, then we're good for another year at PG, and maybe dont get our future PG in the draft, but some other way during the season, or next years draft.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Everything depends on if we can get that draft pick. If we do, I think our future is covered and we could afford to let Devin go for something.

If not, my guess is that Devin will be as good as he has been lately, or maybe even better next year in the PG categories. Thats not shabby at all for a starting PG in this league if that is what the Jazz get from him. If he is that good, then we're good for another year at PG, and maybe dont get our future PG in the draft, but some other way during the season, or next years draft.

That's why I said that I think we have more pressing needs. If Harris keeps playing at this level he is more than adequate. I'd like to release Bell an Watson an note even return call from CJs agent. Use the GS pick and our trade exception and go after a wing that can shoot.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:15 pm

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

JT aint no PG. He's awesome clutch shooter. I'll want Nash if we can trade for Lillard. Marshall already has good passing skills but to me he's like Jose Calderon. Lillard, on the other hand is similar to Dru Holiday: explosive scorer, athletic, but can't pass or run the offense well. That's where Nash comes in. He could mentor Lillard and develop passing skills just like he did with Goran Dragic. Or we can just sign Dragic and keep Harris.

I am not so sure about that Felton has had a couple of bad years but I know he is a much better player than what he is showing, just look at his number's after Portland changed Coaches'. On this team the whole group of players was against the Coach and nobody really knew what their role was and in Denver they decided to go with the Young up and coming PG they already had who was a big reason the trade was maid in the first place, so I think Felton just has not been in the right position to take advantage of the skill he brings to a basketball court. The good thing for the Jazz if they do go after him is that everyone else is thinking he is not a good PG any longer so they just might be able to sign him at a very good price but I think that other teams know what he brings to the court and it might be hard to sign him for the Jazz at the end of the day.

I like what Harris is doing right now for the Jazz also and maybe he could be the guy for them for a few more seasons but at the end of the day he just is not the future PG that this team needs and if the Jazz has a chance to lock up a PG that fits what they want from that position I think they need to do it and this group of free agents PG has a lot for the Jazz to choose from.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:21 pm

dongibby wrote:
i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

I am not so sure about that Felton has had a couple of bad years but I know he is a much better player than what he is showing, just look at his number's after Portland changed Coaches'. On this team the whole group of players was against the Coach and nobody really knew what their role was and in Denver they decided to go with the Young up and coming PG they already had who was a big reason the trade was maid in the first place, so I think Felton just has not been in the right position to take advantage of the skill he brings to a basketball court. The good thing for the Jazz if they do go after him is that everyone else is thinking he is not a good PG any longer so they just might be able to sign him at a very good price but I think that other teams know what he brings to the court and it might be hard to sign him for the Jazz at the end of the day.

I like what Harris is doing right now for the Jazz also and maybe he could be the guy for them for a few more seasons but at the end of the day he just is not the future PG that this team needs and if the Jazz has a chance to lock up a PG that fits what they want from that position I think they need to do it and this group of free agents PG has a lot for the Jazz to choose from.

Harris did fairly well towards the end of the year, but I think we all know that he is not the future of this team. I think we need a real solid playmaker at PG, and Harris is not it.
I don't know if they can wiggle into the lottery and get one of the better PGs there, of if free agency or a trade could produce something...but I think they need to do something NOW. Millsap and Jefferson are in their prime and Favors and Hayward (and everyone) could benefit from a real playmaker/offensive facilitator. I would LOVE to draft a young PG and then bring Nash on board to mentor him..but that is talk for a different thread.
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:43 pm

After watching Tony Parker run laps Harris and Tinsley I'm going to back out on Steve Nash. After watching Celtics and ATL, I'm onboard the Rondo Train. The guy has really good defense and can run an offense effectively. Is there anyway Rondo would be willing to come to the Jazz? We might have to trade Kanter to get him. Harris + Kanter? We might have to trade Jefferson.

Another person that could be a good PG is James Harden. He is restricted but OKC won't have cap space to sign both him and ibaka to big contracts. The Jazz can swoop in and offer 4-year and 36M for Harden after trading Jefferson.

The bottom line is the current group is not a contender due to Harris and Jefferson.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:07 pm

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
After watching Tony Parker run laps Harris and Tinsley I'm going to back out on Steve Nash. After watching Celtics and ATL, I'm onboard the Rondo Train. The guy has really good defense and can run an offense effectively. Is there anyway Rondo would be willing to come to the Jazz? We might have to trade Kanter to get him. Harris + Kanter? We might have to trade Jefferson.

Another person that could be a good PG is James Harden. He is restricted but OKC won't have cap space to sign both him and ibaka to big contracts. The Jazz can swoop in and offer 4-year and 36M for Harden after trading Jefferson.

The bottom line is the current group is not a contender due to Harris and Jefferson.

Jefferson is a very good player for the Jazz and they should keep him around and so is Harris but at the end of the day Harris just don't have the PG skills that this team needs from that position. They need a guy that can run the team and get them into their half court offense and that's where he struggles. I think Jefferson has become one of the team leaders so the Jazz should try to keep him around as long as they can or at least until both Favors and Kanter are ready to take over that's my opinion Anyways.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:21 pm

You know, looking over who may be available, and who is most likely, you see guys like Felton, Nash, Dragic and Lowry. Felton I'm really not interested in. I dont see Nash choosing Utah, even if he could be the one missing piece. Dragic, of course, he would be phenomenal, but he's going to be in such high demand, I just dont see him going to Utah. Lowry, same thing. One of them will be in Houston, the other will be in huge demand.
So who that leaves, unless I'm mistaken, is George Hill and Jeremy Lin, both restricted FA's. Think Indy will keep Hill regardless, but Lin I'm not so sure of. And his massive BOOM in February or so was impressive, is he as good as he showed? Do I think he would be great in Utah? After tossing it around, I think I'd be FOR going after him. He showed as well-rounded a game as Dragic, and more than anything he is a pass first PG but that can score when needed. Also, he showed some Dwill "ice cold" closer in him.
So with that, does NY let him go? Thats the question. Also, is there anyone I'm forgetting thats available???
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Deron's comments the other day about where he wants to play:

''That's first and foremost. I want to go where I feel we have the best chance to win,'' he said. ''I know we might not win a championship in the first year or two, but hopefully as the chances of building something special and have flexibility and somewhere where I believe they're headed in the right direction.''

Not for a year or two? Headed in the right direction? Building something special? Hmmmm... sounds an aweful lot like a team that's dear to our hearts. (Dare to dream?)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Deron's comments the other day about where he wants to play:

''That's first and foremost. I want to go where I feel we have the best chance to win,'' he said. ''I know we might not win a championship in the first year or two, but hopefully as the chances of building something special and have flexibility and somewhere where I believe they're headed in the right direction.''

Not for a year or two? Headed in the right direction? Building something special? Hmmmm... sounds an aweful lot like a team that's dear to our hearts. (Dare to dream?)

I know it's not gonna happen, but if Deron would look at it logically Utah has a ton more talent than the teams he played on have. If he came back I would bet the house that Utah wins a title in the next 3 years.

Like I said it's never gonna happen, but it's a nice thing to daydream about.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:33 am

Here's a head to head comparison of the major names being discussed here. I left Felton off because he really is so far behind everybody else on this list it isn't fair and D-Will for the opposite reaason....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=harride01&y1=2012&p2=dragigo01&y2=2012&p3=lowryky01&y3=2012&p4=linje01&y4=2012&p5=hillge01&y5=2012&p6=nashst01&y6=2012

Gragic is the big prize on this list. He's unrestricted, and the Rockets have the money to keep him, but they also have Lowry on contract at a super bargain price of around 6 Million for the next two years, I don't see why they would blow a huge chunk of cash to get another PG that isn't really an upgrade over Lowry.

Hill is interesting, but he's more of a combo guard, and not much of a facilitator.

Nash still has it, and I think he's got 2 good years left in him, but he will need his minutes monitored and probably kept under 30 per game in an 82 game season.

Lin is an interesting option, but I have some serious reservations about him. He had huge usage with the Knicks, and once Melo and Amare came back his production fell off sharply. His numbers looked more like Devin Harris than Steve Nash in the month of March before he got hurt, and he turns the ball over A LOT. Still, for the right price, I'd definitely take him.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:06 am

Nice comparisons.

So is your pick Lin, there Magnus? I think if we dont get a PG in the draft, I guess he'd be my choice. Nash I'm only FOR, if we get one of the prized PGs in the draft, and Nash can mentor plus be THE pg for a year or two. Unless some other unknown blockbuster trade comes to fruition.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Tue May 01, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Season's PG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Season's PG
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: