Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Next Season's PG - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Season's PG

Go down 
+12
Crunchtime1
RookieJazz
ptaz66
zero24gravity
The Voice of Reason
therawns
i[m]M.V.P.
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
Jazz Dog
Romoholic
dongibby
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Next Season's PG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:08 am

I read the hype on Lin, but to be honest I haven't watched even one minute of him playing. So I have no opinion on him. Nash on the other hand I do know and would love to have him for a couple of years
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:03 am

Nash and Dragic are my top two choices.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:52 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Here's a head to head comparison of the major names being discussed here. I left Felton off because he really is so far behind everybody else on this list it isn't fair and D-Will for the opposite reaason....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=harride01&y1=2012&p2=dragigo01&y2=2012&p3=lowryky01&y3=2012&p4=linje01&y4=2012&p5=hillge01&y5=2012&p6=nashst01&y6=2012

Gragic is the big prize on this list. He's unrestricted, and the Rockets have the money to keep him, but they also have Lowry on contract at a super bargain price of around 6 Million for the next two years, I don't see why they would blow a huge chunk of cash to get another PG that isn't really an upgrade over Lowry.

Hill is interesting, but he's more of a combo guard, and not much of a facilitator.

Nash still has it, and I think he's got 2 good years left in him, but he will need his minutes monitored and probably kept under 30 per game in an 82 game season.

Lin is an interesting option, but I have some serious reservations about him. He had huge usage with the Knicks, and once Melo and Amare came back his production fell off sharply. His numbers looked more like Devin Harris than Steve Nash in the month of March before he got hurt, and he turns the ball over A LOT. Still, for the right price, I'd definitely take him.

I am not sure why some people are against Felton but at one time Tensley was in about the same boat as him and if O'Conner listened to what other's thought about him then he would never of signed him to play for the Jazz. I really think that Felton has a lot to give a team still and think he would fit well into what the Jazz wants to do on the court.

One other free-agent PG that I would like to see the Jazz try to sign would be Mo Williams I think he would be another guy that would take the Jazz to the next level.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:56 pm

I like Felton too. Watch now Harris is going to score 25 pts and the Jazz will win game two. Razz
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Romoholic wrote:
I like Felton too. Watch now Harris is going to score 25 pts and the Jazz will win game two. Razz

That would be great
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:27 pm

[quote="dongibby"]
TheMagnus wrote:

One other free-agent PG that I would like to see the Jazz try to sign would be Mo Williams I think he would be another guy that would take the Jazz to the next level.

Well Don I know you've been all about Mo Williams for quite awhile, whats his status? Contract? He can shoot the 3 and is a pretty good scorer, but is he enough of a distributor?? I'm not so sure. Seems he's more Monta Ellis.... I dont know. But having him over Devin I guess I would say Mo better, but not by a landslide.
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

PostSubject: Shaking the tree   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:10 pm

I think DWilliams will have a lot to do with the PG situation. When he signs it may add a name to the discussion, or solidify a name.
Back to top Go down
RookieJazz
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi Fellas!

My wish list in the right order is:

1) Deron williams (just joking)
2) Goran Dragic (Only if he clean up some cap space)
3) Steve Nash (Hardly improbable, but still a possibility)
4) Kirk Hinrich (the most underrated, IMO)
5) Kyle Lowry (Higly improbable too)

Outside of these 5 five, I would rather keep Harris.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:03 pm

[quote="Mutangclan"]
dongibby wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Well Don I know you've been all about Mo Williams for quite awhile, whats his status? Contract? He can shoot the 3 and is a pretty good scorer, but is he enough of a distributor?? I'm not so sure. Seems he's more Monta Ellis.... I dont know. But having him over Devin I guess I would say Mo better, but not by a landslide.

Mo is not up there is assist with Nash or DWill I think his best season was 7 assist's a game and he has gone up and down from there to 6 and 5 assist's a game so he is not all that bad in that department but I think he bring's leadership to the table and that could really help this group of Kids in the long run. I think with his shooting ablity he will be able to spreed the court for sure and give the bigs room to operate in the paint, they will have to stay home with him for sure.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:33 pm

RookieJazz wrote:
Hi Fellas! My wish list in the right order is: 1) Deron williams.... (just joking)

Just checking the old DW versus Parker head to head matchup, and fantasizing about what a difference it could make tonight!
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=willide01&p2=parketo01

Ok, back to reality. Come on Harris. You've got to step it up!!! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:26 am

Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:11 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Mag, someone have the insider on this??? Curious about what he says about Utah (hah) and others....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7982625&_slug_=nba-which-teams-provide-best-free-agent-fit-deron-williams&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fstory%3fid%3d7982625%26_slug_%3dnba-which-teams-provide-best-free-agent-fit-deron-williams

Per ESPN INsider:

Quote :
Utah Jazz: Recently, Williams was asked why he was still working out in the New York area, and he mentioned that he doesn't have a home anywhere else except in Salt Lake City, and he doesn't have any furniture in that one.

If Williams would agree to a sign-and-trade, the Jazz could package Devin Harris and Paul Millsap to send back to Brooklyn. Or even better, perhaps the trade could be enlarged to include Al Jefferson. Williams could return to a familiar city and team with a nice young core in Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter and Gordon Hayward. Plus, he'd have a place to ship all his furniture. (OK, so it's a long shot.)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7982625/nba-which-teams-provide-best-free-agent-fit-deron-williams
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Mag, someone have the insider on this??? Curious about what he says about Utah (hah) and others....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7982625&_slug_=nba-which-teams-provide-best-free-agent-fit-deron-williams&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2fstory%3fid%3d7982625%26_slug_%3dnba-which-teams-provide-best-free-agent-fit-deron-williams

Per ESPN INsider:

Quote :
Utah Jazz: Recently, Williams was asked why he was still working out in the New York area, and he mentioned that he doesn't have a home anywhere else except in Salt Lake City, and he doesn't have any furniture in that one.

If Williams would agree to a sign-and-trade, the Jazz could package Devin Harris and Paul Millsap to send back to Brooklyn. Or even better, perhaps the trade could be enlarged to include Al Jefferson. Williams could return to a familiar city and team with a nice young core in Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter and Gordon Hayward. Plus, he'd have a place to ship all his furniture. (OK, so it's a long shot.)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7982625/nba-which-teams-provide-best-free-agent-fit-deron-williams

God I would love to have Deron back. This isn't the same team Deron knew from when he was here though.

If you think about it though. I think Utah would be the best fit for him. There aren't many teams that have the promising future the Jazz have and need are in need of a pg.

If we somehow got Deron back and picked up a couple of shooters, this team goes to immediate title contender next season.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:58 pm

I would take Deron back in a heartbeat.
He was a whiny little b!tch, but he could ball. I think a lot of the issues could be fixed simply by winning.

A lot of fences need mending before that reunion would ever happen....

...Deron is pissed that fans booed him when he returned
...Deron hurt Haywards tender feelings early in Hayward's rookie year.
...The local media hated Deron, and Deron hated them.
...Deron may still be all butt hurt at management for trading him away and for him supposedly hearing about it on ESPN.

IF he were to ever come back, then New Jersey, consider yourself raped. Or....at the very least, stupid.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:09 pm

He was a whiny little b!tch, but he could ball. I think a lot of the issues could be fixed simply by winning.

...Deron may still be all butt hurt at management for trading him away and for him supposedly hearing about it on ESPN.

IF he were to ever come back, then New Jersey, consider yourself raped. Or....at the very least, stupid.

All those things are true. Maybe being stuck in purgatory for a year and a half showed him how good he had it here.

He also has to look at the fact that he brought all of that on himself. He forced the Jazz to make an unprecedented move for them, because of his attitude and refusal to inform them of his plans in regards to his PO.

It's probably a long shot that his ego has subsided enough to allow him to return, but we can all still dream about it.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Yea he'd be a good fit. Lots of hard feeling going on with the whole deal. Maybe had the jazz just missed the playoffs and GSW not thrown off half the season things would look even better for him to come here and a deal to be done. Just cant see it. Wishful
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:04 am

Well that sucked. I thought for sure the Karma gods would be watching.....ugh.

Oh well, going to get pretty quiet in Jazz land for awhile. No pick until 47, and KOC stays absolutely silent on any moves he makes, so no Jazz news going to be floating around......

See you guys later Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

PostSubject: Fantasy Thinking   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Romoholic wrote:

All those things are true. Maybe being stuck in purgatory for a year and a half showed him how good he had it here.

He also has to look at the fact that he brought all of that on himself. He forced the Jazz to make an unprecedented move for them, because of his attitude and refusal to inform them of his plans in regards to his PO.

It's probably a long shot that his ego has subsided enough to allow him to return, but we can all still dream about it.

I realize it is just fantasy thinking, but I would love it if the Jazz Brass could somehow spin the trade to NJ as the only option to accomplish what DW wanted. Something along the lines of him being the only trade chip the Jazz had with enough trade value to get the talent needed to become a legitimate contender in the near future.

Hence, the Jazz gambled, and traded DW, knowing he'd be a free agent this year, with full intentions to make him an offer to come back.

Hard sell no doubt, hence my calling it Fantasy Thinking, but if they could get it done, I think it fill one of the improvements the Jazz need.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:49 pm

It just won't happen. Disrespectful thinking if you ask me, dude's a pig and a clown second only to you know who. But hey, you're not asking me after all geek

DO WE HAVE OUR STARTING PG YET Question Suspect
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:21 pm

ptaz66 wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

I realize it is just fantasy thinking, but I would love it if the Jazz Brass could somehow spin the trade to NJ as the only option to accomplish what DW wanted. Something along the lines of him being the only trade chip the Jazz had with enough trade value to get the talent needed to become a legitimate contender in the near future.

Hence, the Jazz gambled, and traded DW, knowing he'd be a free agent this year, with full intentions to make him an offer to come back.

Hard sell no doubt, hence my calling it Fantasy Thinking, but if they could get it done, I think it fill one of the improvements the Jazz need.

I was thinking that the other day. IF Deron did sign with the Jazz I could see all kinds of accusations of the Jazz planning it the whole time.

It wouldn't make much sense though. One would have to believe that Deron would be willing to sacrifice two years of his career in NJ on the chance that the Jazz put together a good team while he was gone. Not to mention he had no way of knowing that the Jazz would move up from the 6th spot the 3rd in the draft last year. To many unknowns for Deron to make that kind of deal with the Jazz.

I can see him thinking. The Jazz have put together the kind of roster that he was wanting them to build while he was here and maybe wanting to come back and have the best team he has ever been apart of. Again it's all wishful thinking. I doubt the Jazz and Deron will even talk once he is a free agent much less have him come back.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm

It may not be over yet boys and girls. I keep reading everywhere that almost every team it seems is wanting to get rid of their first round picks. And it seems it's starting with GS and Toronto and on down. Teams aren't interested in adding anyone other than absolute studs, and more than that, with the new CBA coming, teams can't afford it.

Team like Utah who has assets, and is in good financial shape, might be able to pull a KOC(sneak in and snake some team) and get our future PG yet.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:32 am

Well that IS interesting.

Who would GS need to get to justify that awful half-season tank job?? Hard to believe a team would subject its fans to that embarrassment (not to mention the players, not to mention coach Marc "We WILL make the playoffs this year" Jackson) and only AFTER THE F'ING FACT, ONLY IN JUNE, stop and realize they did all that for a mid-lottery rookie?? Did they not think this through? There's not 7 DWades or Lebrons in this draft...

They'll want a "name" player. Like "All Star Carlos Boozer" or something...

But somewhere 6-12 range is where the Jazz would want to pick to get Lillard. Even if Lillard is "just" a poor man's Russell Westbrook, um...that ain't bad. And I heard him talking about the draft and a) he isn't a kid who already KNOWS what his game is. He sounded like he's eager to change and become a better facilitator and b) he loves it here and would love to play here.

Of course, KOC's going to know the real scoop, but it's an interesting possibility. The Jazz would be moving towards being one of the most athletic teams in the league. Go figger.

People's heads would explode, eh?
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:36 am

Well, let's see...there should be a poll. Should it be what WILL they do, or what SHOULD they do??

Stand pat.
Trade Harris or Jefferson for a PG.
Sign FA (Lowry (LOVE it!), Dragic LOVE IT!), Felton (fat, selfish Felton who put up numbers for D'Antoni but got dumped anyway), Nash (no way).
Trade Harris/Jefferson or Trade Exception or future assets and/or lesser players for a draft pick (Lillard)

Anyone else notice now few pass-first, running-the-offense type PGs there were on that list?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:28 am

Maybe GS just wanted to have the asset. Looking at their team, they're young, I think they only starting spot maybe they want is a SF, but then again not so much. IDK......GS kind of looks like NJ; last year they traded away a #3 pick, and this year same thing with the #6. Ugh!

Well with Devin, Al, and Paul all being talked about being available for the right price, I find it hard to believe I"ll be disappointed in anything thats done with those guys to get into the lottery again for Lilliard or Marshall. Granted, you never trade proven players for unproven, so that would mean others would be involved. But I'll freely admit I'm on the Lilliard will be very good train. Very much unlike last year: PG leads the nation in scoring, and comes from non-powerhouse school in Utah.....I didn't want Jimmer. But do want Lilliard.

If it basically ended up as a trade Lilliard for one of ours, I can't help but think we'll be pleased.
As much as I'd like to get a Lowry or Dragic, theres also something to the idea of youngsters through the draft growing up together. I like it....
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Utah has kind of a smart fan base. They know they're not going anywhere near the top with this roster. They will be patient if they see a litttle effort in the right direction... the no standing pat direction...
The real question is if Favors will be patient... If he is, then Jazz brass have some cards to play going into the new CBA.
That said, not Favors nor any other brilliant big youngster will have a chance to become great without a real steady starter PG and without jumpshooters that make shots.
So, no matter what, Jazz still need these pieces. The sooner they get them the sooner Favors/Kanter starts to look good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Season's PG   Next Season's PG - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Season's PG
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: