Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers

Go down 
+10
Tarakaan
ptaz66
Jazz Dog
zero24gravity
Leoverine
Trollificus
Romoholic
Mutangclan
dongibby
Saint Louis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saint Louis
Starter

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm

dongibby wrote:
St. Pau- Sent you the info to sign-up in this forums message's

Guarani Jazz- I can't find you in this form

Front Runner- I can't find you in this form

Rainman- I can't find you in this form

therawns- Sent you the info to sign-up in this forums message's

If anyone know's how to get in contact with any of these guys that I could not get a message to please tell them that I am trying to get in touch with them to see if they want to play this season. Thanks

All over it DG. I've spent the entire summer using dial-up internet-- which is almost completely useless. But, I'm in the process of getting real internet sevice up and running. I'll join as soon as I can.

And, wow, I want to apologize to Therawns for one of my earlier posts on this thread. Rather than blame myself for my own actions, I'll blame my extremely slow internet connection! After re-reading the thread, I see I responded rather harshly when you (Therawns) were asking for advice about a different fantasy league you were in. I hope you started up another thread, cuz I wouldn't mind putting in my advice. With my "High-Speed" dial-up service, it takes about two hours to do things that should take about ten minutes-- and when I read your first post, I assumed the worst and thought there was something horribly wrong with DG's keeper league. Sorry, my bad-- and my response, once I figured out that you were talking about a completely different league, was even worse. Still, I blame my internet connection for my angry tone. I appreciate your participation in this forum and the fantasy leagues. I hope you dd or do start a new thread talking about your fantasy situation in that other league-- it really looks like you are in a very tough spot (so tough it makes me wonder how legitimate that league is, cuz no one should have to field a team like the one you are taking over).
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Trollificus wrote:
Invites to the Non-keeper leagues will be sent out tomorrow. IF you dont see an invite and would like to play, please PM me, whether you were in either or both last year.

If you weren't in either one, don't know how many spots will be open. (Some people like big (16-20 teams!) leagues, but there's too much barrel-scraping and Acie Law-playing for my taste.) These are both competitive leagues with knowledgeable owners, so be forewarned.

The only real qualification is that you need to commit to playing it out competitively till the bitter end, even if your plan to draft as many Knicks and Bobcats players as possible didn't work out too well.

I got the invite & already signed up. I am worried about the draft date though. I posted my concern in the league, but will also mention that a 9/30 draft is very early. A lot can change during camps & preseason. Just please no draft on the October 18-21.

Agreed. I havent signed up yet, but plan on doing so today. I think the draft will be a lot more interesting if we have a few preseason games to make us second guess ourselves and overvalue roleplayers. I vote we move it to the afternoon/evening of the 14th of October.

Ummm...yeah. Already changed before I even saw these posts. The early draft was due to a misunderstanding of when the season actually started. So, plenty of time. And I think I hit on or close to your requested date without even seeing your post! cheers

OTOH, did my first mock draft last night! Man, a LOT of players I don't like/don't trust/don't know what their role will be with new team, etc. Better get to studyin' in the few minutes per day not taken up with the 5 Fantasy Football leagues I'm in (commish in 2), the class I'm teaching, drs' appointments, physical therapy, a seemingly non-stop schedule of weddings to attend. Oh yeah and work too. I'd put "sleep" in there too, but that's kind of hit-or-miss lately.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 am

therawns I read up on what I need to do to change manager's in the keeper league and I am going to need your email address to do it, I will not use it for anything other than sending you out an invite so if you would send me a message giving me your email I will get you out an invite. Sorry but this is the only way I will be able to get new managers into this league. One other thing we might need a few other new managers because some guys did not give an email address and are not in this forum so you could chose what team you would like to take over so you might want to wait to see what teams you might want, send your email to me and if you want to wait to see what team you would like let me know and I will hold off sending out an invite then I will list what team's are available and you will be the first to pick from the list.

If anyone else in this forum would like to join the Keeper league please let me know so I can put you on a list, the first one's on the list will get the first picks of what team they want to take over so the sooner you put your name in the better it will be for you.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Invites to the Non-keeper leagues will be sent out tomorrow. IF you dont see an invite and would like to play, please PM me, whether you were in either or both last year.

If you weren't in either one, don't know how many spots will be open. (Some people like big (16-20 teams!) leagues, but there's too much barrel-scraping and Acie Law-playing for my taste.) These are both competitive leagues with knowledgeable owners, so be forewarned.

The only real qualification is that you need to commit to playing it out competitively till the bitter end, even if your plan to draft as many Knicks and Bobcats players as possible didn't work out too well.

I never got an invite...can I get one? dssilveira@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 am

Sampaguy wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Would you like to join the keeper league or are you looking at one of the other leagues.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 am

dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Would you like to join the keeper league or are you looking at one of the other leagues.

Sure, to be honest I don't know what the keeper leagues are, I just want to be participate in some sort of fantasy basketball this year, I'd like it to be with the guys from this forum.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 am

Sampaguy wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

Sure, to be honest I don't know what the keeper leagues are, I just want to be participate in some sort of fantasy basketball this year, I'd like it to be with the guys from this forum.

What a Keeper league is about each team get's to keep 5 players from the team each season then all of the rest go back into the draft pool to be drafted again. So I will send out an invite to you when I find out what team's are not going to have their managers return.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:03 pm

dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

What a Keeper league is about each team get's to keep 5 players from the team each season then all of the rest go back into the draft pool to be drafted again. So I will send out an invite to you when I find out what team's are not going to have their managers return.

Great, I'll wait for your invite! Thanks DG!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:08 pm

dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

We'll get you an invite to one of the other redraft leagues where you'll start out on equal footing with everyone else, rather than take over someone else's keepers. You'll get to draft from scratch too.

Wouldn't hurt to be in a couple of leagues.

I AM going to wait to see how many people respond from last year though, so it might be a couple of weeks, okay?
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Trollificus wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

We'll get you an invite to one of the other redraft leagues where you'll start out on equal footing with everyone else, rather than take over someone else's keepers. You'll get to draft from scratch too.

Wouldn't hurt to be in a couple of leagues.

I AM going to wait to see how many people respond from last year though, so it might be a couple of weeks, okay?

That sounds good! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 am

dongibby wrote:

If anyone know's how to get in contact with any of these guys that I could not get a message to please tell them that I am trying to get in touch with them to see if they want to play this season. Thanks

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am

Any invites to anything yet? I'd like to be part of a league with some of you!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

I have got a spot for you but I have given the guy until next week to respond to the emails that I have sent him, so when that time is up I will send you the invite. I am pretty sure he is not going to join up this season because I have seen that he has already signed up for the Trib Talk A-Team and his email address is the same for both leagues and if he was going to join the Keeper league he would have already done it because I sent him an invite long before the A-Team invites was sent out and he has not responded to anything I have sent him to him.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:46 pm

dongibby wrote:

St. Pau I seen that you said that you are waiting to sign up because of your internet connection so I will hold you team for you but if you find that you are not going to make it please let me know in enough time that I can find a replacement for you, I would very much appreciate it.

I have not heard anything from Little E at all about if he is going to resign or not so If I don't get a response from him by next week I will get someone to take over his team.

Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

Esqueci quem vc é... kkkkk Vc ta no grupo do face? Vamos ter um fantasy lá. Acho que vai ter vaga.

Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Leoverine wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

Esqueci quem vc é... kkkkk Vc ta no grupo do face? Vamos ter um fantasy lá. Acho que vai ter vaga.

Beleza! Nao to nao mais manda ai o link do groupo pra mim entrar la..Valeu!!
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 pm

dongibby wrote:
dongibby wrote:

I'm still "High Speeding it" with crappy internet. That will change soon. I plan on being there. I'll post more once I get up to real speed.
St. Pau I seen that you said that you are waiting to sign up because of your internet connection so I will hold you team for you but if you find that you are not going to make it please let me know in enough time that I can find a replacement for you, I would very much appreciate it.

I have not heard anything from Little E at all about if he is going to resign or not so If I don't get a response from him by next week I will get someone to take over his team.

Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

Well Sampaguy Little E signed up the other day and it look's like St is going to soon so I am sorry to tell you that the Keeper league is full but I am sure Troll has a spot for you on one of the Trib Talk A or B team and you should be getting an invite soon for one of those team's. I really appreciate you wanting to join the league and will keep you in mind if we have anyone drop's out, I am sure you will make a very good manager and am looking forward to playing against you soon.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 pm

dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

Well Sampaguy Little E signed up the other day and it look's like St is going to soon so I am sorry to tell you that the Keeper league is full but I am sure Troll has a spot for you on one of the Trib Talk A or B team and you should be getting an invite soon for one of those team's. I really appreciate you wanting to join the league and will keep you in mind if we have anyone drop's out, I am sure you will make a very good manager and am looking forward to playing against you soon.

Hey, Sampaguy, keep trying to get into any of these leagues if you want to be in a really good fantasy basketball league. The A, B, and Keepers leagues are much better than the generic leagues you can join if you're interested in stimulating competition. In other leagues I usually finish first because half the competition drops out once their teams start losing. Our commisssssioners have done a great job of keeping things fair and trying to keep everyone involved. If it comes down to it, I will gladly give up my spot in the B League so you can get a shot at it. (Actually, I will gladly give up my spot in the B league if anyone wants to join and can't because we have too many managers.)

Don, I'll join up soon. Since I haven't joined yet, I still don't know about the draft date. When is it? I'll move my work schedule around so I can be there.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Okay. The original (though re-created from scratch last year) "A" league has had four teams deleted because the owners did not respond to invites:
Saint James,
Guarani Jazz,
aliveandkickin,
Richardale

There will be two spots available.

The "B" (FOR "BEST") League has had 5 teams deleted:
aliveandkickin
Saint James'sons
Aussie Boomers
Romoholic
GUarani Jazz

There will be five spots available. Both leagues have been published so that anyone who has the league ID and password can join.

And here they are:

TribTalk Jazz Fans
password: TribTalk
League ID #14583
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/tribtalka

B (for Best) Non-Zombie League
password: JazzNation
League ID #14584
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/tribtalk

If you have any trouble joining, post here plz.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Troll you get my email?
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

Hey, Sampaguy, keep trying to get into any of these leagues if you want to be in a really good fantasy basketball league. The A, B, and Keepers leagues are much better than the generic leagues you can join if you're interested in stimulating competition. In other leagues I usually finish first because half the competition drops out once their teams start losing. Our commisssssioners have done a great job of keeping things fair and trying to keep everyone involved. If it comes down to it, I will gladly give up my spot in the B League so you can get a shot at it. (Actually, I will gladly give up my spot in the B league if anyone wants to join and can't because we have too many managers.)

Don, I'll join up soon. Since I haven't joined yet, I still don't know about the draft date. When is it? I'll move my work schedule around so I can be there.

I understand. Thank you for the help
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

Well, I always join those and you are right, people always drop mid season..I'll look around and see if I can join.

Thanks SL!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

Well, I always join those and you are right, people always drop mid season..I'll look around and see if I can join.

Thanks SL!

The information above will get you into either or both of the A/B leagues, join the B first since I'm pretty sure we'll get to 12 in the A league pretty quick. But we'll got to 14 teams if the B league fills up.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Thanks

St the draft date for the Keeper league is Sun Oct 21 12:00pm MDT see you there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next