Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers

Go down 
+10
Tarakaan
ptaz66
Jazz Dog
zero24gravity
Leoverine
Trollificus
Romoholic
Mutangclan
dongibby
Saint Louis
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarakaan
Rookie

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Bugger, so I missed being in the B league then?
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Troll   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Trollificus wrote:

The information above will get you into either or both of the A/B leagues, join the B first since I'm pretty sure we'll get to 12 in the A league pretty quick. But we'll got to 14 teams if the B league fills up.

Troll shoot me an email to my fantasy ball email add ficusten@yahoo.com
I'm saving a spot for you, just let me know yes or no.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Therawns dropped out of the Keeper league so I am giving you his team Sampaguy so please sing up as soon as you can and thanks for wanting to be a part of this league. I sent you and invite to the email address that you gave so go and look to see if it is there if it is not then let me know. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Tarakaan wrote:

No, join up!!

The info is in that big post up there.

Go to "Join Custom League", and use the League ID and the password, that'll get you in.

Love to have you in it!

Also, Sampa, one spot left in the A league and 1-3 in the B. All very competitive leagues, great fun.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

The information above will get you into either or both of the A/B leagues, join the B first since I'm pretty sure we'll get to 12 in the A league pretty quick. But we'll got to 14 teams if the B league fills up.

I replied to the email I FINALLY found, the invite in my Yahoo account didnt work so delete my team to open the spot and shoot me the join info kthnx.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

I replied to the email I FINALLY found, the invite in my Yahoo account didnt work so delete my team to open the spot and shoot me the join info kthnx.

I finally got my internet up to speed, and promptly joined the Jazztalk A league and the keeper league. I didn't accept the offer to join the B League because it seems like there are some people in none of our leagues that want to join. As I've said in earlier posts, I'll gladly give up my spot in the B League to someone who isn't able to join the A League. But, I would want to stay in the B League as long as I'm not bumping out a newbie that can't get in any of our leagues.

What I want to make sure of is that we don't have any managers secretly having two (or more!) teams in any one league. It would be normal to have leagues without anyone cheating-- but, it would probably be pretty easy for someone to set up two (or more!) email addresses and establishing separate online identities for each/all of them-- then cheat in many ways. We've had a problem in the past with managers agreeing to one-sided trades in one league in return for other one-sided trades in another league. I don't know of any way to prevent this other than having active participation by everyone in the leagues.

So, I'm asking for full disclosure here: Are there any other leagues besides the A, B, and Keeper Leagues that managers in the A, B, or Keeper Leagues are involved? I don't mean random anonymous leagues where everyone's a stranger, I mean organized leagues where more than one Tribtalk manager is involved. We all have to rely on a certain level of trust, and we've been betrayed in the past-- so, let me say this: cheating in a fantasy league is incredibly lame; it's worse than cheating at solitaire-- any sense of achievement is voided by the act of cheating, and, it harms others with no reward for the cheater (other than the reward of harming others-- which is socially unacceptable, and personally degrading). Since we have members of our leagues who have (in the past) stepped over the line of "socially acceptable" interactions and have demonstrated a tendency to disregard an identifiable inherent moral structure in their online activities, I can only wish our commissioners the best in keeping our leagues clean.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 am

Saint Louis wrote:
Trollificus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

I finally got my internet up to speed, and promptly joined the Jazztalk A league and the keeper league. I didn't accept the offer to join the B League because it seems like there are some people in none of our leagues that want to join. As I've said in earlier posts, I'll gladly give up my spot in the B League to someone who isn't able to join the A League. But, I would want to stay in the B League as long as I'm not bumping out a newbie that can't get in any of our leagues.

What I want to make sure of is that we don't have any managers secretly having two (or more!) teams in any one league. It would be normal to have leagues without anyone cheating-- but, it would probably be pretty easy for someone to set up two (or more!) email addresses and establishing separate online identities for each/all of them-- then cheat in many ways. We've had a problem in the past with managers agreeing to one-sided trades in one league in return for other one-sided trades in another league. I don't know of any way to prevent this other than having active participation by everyone in the leagues.

So, I'm asking for full disclosure here: Are there any other leagues besides the A, B, and Keeper Leagues that managers in the A, B, or Keeper Leagues are involved? I don't mean random anonymous leagues where everyone's a stranger, I mean organized leagues where more than one Tribtalk manager is involved. We all have to rely on a certain level of trust, and we've been betrayed in the past-- so, let me say this: cheating in a fantasy league is incredibly lame; it's worse than cheating at solitaire-- any sense of achievement is voided by the act of cheating, and, it harms others with no reward for the cheater (other than the reward of harming others-- which is socially unacceptable, and personally degrading). Since we have members of our leagues who have (in the past) stepped over the line of "socially acceptable" interactions and have demonstrated a tendency to disregard an identifiable inherent moral structure in their online activities, I can only wish our commissioners the best in keeping our leagues clean.

Appreciate your concerns, Saint (also appreciate having someone who is given to posts wordy enough to make my own seem (relatively) restrained. Very Happy ).

The only thing to do is be paranoid about suspicious trades. I really don't think anyone in either of our leagues now would do such a thing. That said, I myself am in a league with MuTang and a bunch of his buddies, who, while being a sorry collection of tosspots, cutpurses and miscreants of the lowest sort, would never do such a thing.

That said, it should be noted that I take a VERY liberal attitude about approving trades. It's not the job of other players to use trades to demonstrate how very NBA-savvy they are, nor to prevent their league-mates from making bad trades. I say this because at least half of the trades I've seen that set off howls of outrage from league members ended up benefitting the "fool" who was "giving up too much" more than the guy who was "taking advantage" of him.

Notably, I got accused of "cheating" because I gave up a guy who was strong in categories I was winning by wide margins every week (scoring, reb, fg%) and weak in categories I was losing (TO, asst, FT%, blocks). The guy complaining never bothered to look very deeply into why I MIGHT be making such a trade, only at the name value of the players involved (it was Blake Griffin IIRC).

So I think we're good there. It hasn't been a problem the last couple of years.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:28 am

For everyone that is in the Keeper League we have a request to change the date of the draft to a weekday so I have made a proposal to move it to a different day and time and I need everyone in the league to look and see if it will work for them. I would like to find a date and time that works for everyone so please go and look and let me know one way or the other. Thanks
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:49 pm

dongibby wrote:
For everyone that is in the Keeper League we have a request to change the date of the draft to a weekday so I have made a proposal to move it to a different day and time and I need everyone in the league to look and see if it will work for them. I would like to find a date and time that works for everyone so please go and look and let me know one way or the other. Thanks

Draft date change? That's a great idea! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am

Sampaguy need to know pretty soon if you are still wanting to take over the last team in the Keeper league the draft is coming up soon. If he don't take the team is there anyone else that wants to join the Keeper League if so please let me know
Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Can I still join one league A or B?
Back to top Go down
Leoverine
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
Leoverine wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Any invites to anything yet? I'd like to be part of a league with some of you!

Thanks

Esqueci quem vc é... kkkkk Vc ta no grupo do face? Vamos ter um fantasy lá. Acho que vai ter vaga.

Beleza! Nao to nao mais manda ai o link do groupo pra mim entrar la..Valeu!!

O fantasy não da mais, mas aparece no grupo lá.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/159929900728040/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New at this... can you help me out?   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I read through old posts but couldn't find specific instructions to join any leagues. Does anybody have any yahoo leagues that are still needing managers? I'm active... daily....and competitive. Let me know what leagues you have and when the drafts are. Thanks. GO JAZZ. I have 2 lower bowl tix to Jazz vs Lakers in my house... but they are my brother's... and I'm not invited. Cruel huh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I also have a league   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm

I have a yahoo league with a spot or two available, drafting sunday night, the 28th. very active and competitive league. let me know if you are interested and I'll give you details.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm

El Diablo wrote:
Hey, I'm new to the forum. I read through old posts but couldn't find specific instructions to join any leagues. Does anybody have any yahoo leagues that are still needing managers? I'm active... daily....and competitive. Let me know what leagues you have and when the drafts are. Thanks. GO JAZZ. I have 2 lower bowl tix to Jazz vs Lakers in my house... but they are my brother's... and I'm not invited. Cruel huh.

I think there are still open spots in this league El Diablo go check it out

B (for Best) Non-Zombie League
password: JazzNation
League ID #14584
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/tribtalk
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 am

dongibby wrote:

don, anything been decided about this draft date?
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 am

zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Well only 2 people replied to me requesting to change the date so I don't feel good about changing it, it looks like everyone is thinking that the draft is going to be on the 21st. Sorry if it would help I can try to change the time to latter in the night.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

dongibby wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Well only 2 people replied to me requesting to change the date so I don't feel good about changing it, it looks like everyone is thinking that the draft is going to be on the 21st. Sorry if it would help I can try to change the time to latter in the night.

Damn, that sucks. I've never missed a draft. Especially don't want to miss the keeper draft. Later would at least give me a better shot, although I still can't promise I will be there. Thanks for trying.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:35 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Damn, that sucks. I've never missed a draft. Especially don't want to miss the keeper draft. Later would at least give me a better shot, although I still can't promise I will be there. Thanks for trying.

Yeah, I can't make a Sunday early afternoon draft either-- so I'm all for changing the date. (I know I said I could take a vacation day [which I didn't want to do, but would have], but my company is denying all vacation requests right now.) I can only make drafts at 8pm or later for every day but Wed(not a good day for me) or Thurs (a very dood day for me). I can make a draft at any time on Thursdays.

I'm going to miss the draft in the A league unless that date is changed (Troll?) (Troll?).
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:36 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Yeah, I can't make a Sunday early afternoon draft either-- so I'm all for changing the date. (I know I said I could take a vacation day [which I didn't want to do, but would have], but my company is denying all vacation requests right now.) I can only make drafts at 8pm or later for every day but Wed(not a good day for me) or Thurs (a very good day for me). I can make a draft at any time on Thursdays.

I'm going to miss the draft in the A league unless that date is changed (Troll?) (Troll?).
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:38 pm

I just found out that check-out time is a little earlier than I thought. So if the keeper draft is pushed an hour or more then I may be able to make it afterall.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:46 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
I just found out that check-out time is a little earlier than I thought. So if the keeper draft is pushed an hour or more then I may be able to make it afterall.

I am trying to get everyone to answer me back so we can try to setup a new day and time because St can't make the draft where it is set, so anyone that is on the keeper league please go to the messages and let us know what day and time would work best for you them we can try to find a time that will work for everyone but so far nobody is giving it any effort. I think moving the draft back 1 or 2 hours should not be a problem so I will at least try to do that.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 am

I'm the "assistant commish" (which means I know the commish, but he's had a conflict so I'm helping out for a bit) in a league that is looking to add teams. Had 8 originally ready to go, but 4 backed out, so we're looking to re-stock & get up to about 10 (we are at 6 right now). I'm hoping some of you will hop aboard & we'll be good to go. It's always fun & challenging to go against ya'all.

Pretty standard ROTO, except the "Official commish" is tinkering with upping the max games to something like 100.

Draft is Sun Oct 28 8:00pm MDT .
League 40420
Password: password
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:16 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
I'm the "assistant commish" (which means I know the commish, but he's had a conflict so I'm helping out for a bit) in a league that is looking to add teams. Had 8 originally ready to go, but 4 backed out, so we're looking to re-stock & get up to about 10 (we are at 6 right now). I'm hoping some of you will hop aboard & we'll be good to go. It's always fun & challenging to go against ya'all.

Pretty standard ROTO, except the "Official commish" is tinkering with upping the max games to something like 100.

Draft is Sun Oct 28 8:00pm MDT .
League 40420
Password: password

If you still need more teams, I would consider playing in two leagues. I really started to get a feel for FB last season. let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers   Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Leagues A, B, and Keepers
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next