Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Kobe Bryant Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kobe Bryant

Go down 
+5
Trollificus
zero24gravity
TheMagnus
Romoholic
therawns
9 posters
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:43 pm

We all hate watching him play against the Jazz. But, man, you have to have mad respect. Not just for his skills, but his will to win. The latter probably just caught him. I was watching the game, and he went down with a non-contact injury. I was worried it was torn, and posted about it on facebook. Turns out I was right.

Brand enterring his prime had this. Billups hasnt played much this year after his. Okur tried to play, but couldnt. Man, im worried we have seen the last of him. He has played 47 or 48 minutes in 4 of his last 8 games, and he would have played every minute if he didnt tear his achillies this game. Again, his will to win is unmatched.

Have we seen the last of him? sort of. He proves people wrong all of the time, but im not sure he can be an elite player anymore.

Wow.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 pm

therawns wrote:
We all hate watching him play against the Jazz. But, man, you have to have mad respect. Not just for his skills, but his will to win. The latter probably just caught him. I was watching the game, and he went down with a non-contact injury. I was worried it was torn, and posted about it on facebook. Turns out I was right.

Brand enterring his prime had this. Billups hasnt played much this year after his. Okur tried to play, but couldnt. Man, im worried we have seen the last of him. He has played 47 or 48 minutes in 4 of his last 8 games, and he would have played every minute if he didnt tear his achillies this game. Again, his will to win is unmatched.

Have we seen the last of him? sort of. He proves people wrong all of the time, but im not sure he can be an elite player anymore.

Wow.

I guess I'm just a bad person, but I don't feel even a little bit bad about his injury.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
therawns
Starter

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:27 am

Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Wow.

I guess I'm just a bad person, but I don't feel even a little bit bad about his injury.

I didnt know this, but isiah thomas tore his achilies at 33, and never played again. (I was 8 when he did it.) You were probably cheering that injury. Its sick. just sick.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 am

Here was my first thought on hearing about the injury..."I wonder if he will find a way to play through it?"

Which is absolutely ridiculous, you can't play through a torn achilles, but that's how we view him, he has an almost inhuman ability to continue playing at a high level through injuries that would make 95% of NBA players sit.

On top of that this year has been arguably one of his best ever. He's 34. AND he's played 17 years and nearly 55,000 minutes of professional basketball. That is ludicrous.

I don't like Kobe as a player or a human, but I respect him like I respect anybody who is willing to sacrifice everything for something that they want.

I wonder now if he's going to let this end his career, or if he's going to fight and return? I think he returns...
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:14 am

Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Wow.

Doesn't make you a bad person. As a matter of fact, I know some people who are 100% with you. cheers

Basketball aside, all I need to say is "Colorado" and there's not anything anyone can say to sway my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
therawns
Starter

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Here was my first thought on hearing about the injury..."I wonder if he will find a way to play through it?"

Which is absolutely ridiculous, you can't play through a torn achilles, but that's how we view him, he has an almost inhuman ability to continue playing at a high level through injuries that would make 95% of NBA players sit.

On top of that this year has been arguably one of his best ever. He's 34. AND he's played 17 years and nearly 55,000 minutes of professional basketball. That is ludicrous.

I don't like Kobe as a player or a human, but I respect him like I respect anybody who is willing to sacrifice everything for something that they want.

I wonder now if he's going to let this end his career, or if he's going to fight and return? I think he returns...

There is no doubt he returns IMO. It's Kobe freaking Bryant. Nobody has the same motor/drive that he has. I dont think the question is whether or not he will come back. The question is how much of the Kobe will he be?
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:43 pm

It was the refs cheating them into a game they were roundly outplayed in, caused the injury. Minus the one-sided calls, Kobe's on the bench in a 15-point blow out. Or maybe not.

In any event, much as I respect his competitiveness and all that...umm...screw him. Everybody's career ends, some early, some after 17 years. I'm sure he'll come back, and suck, but still jack up 30 shots a game and absorb $30 mill of cap space (not that I care, it's the Lakers). I doubt he'll be able to be realistic about his abilities.

Gonna be some 150 proof schadenfreude, I tells ya.

Last edited by Trollificus on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:53 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Wow.

Doesn't make you a bad person. As a matter of fact, I know some people who are 100% with you. cheers

Basketball aside, all I need to say is "Colorado" and there's not anything anyone can say to sway my opinion.

Interesting. You know, I'd be willing to bet my life savings there is multiple players on our very own Jazz who have cheated on their wives.....would all of you despise them the same way you do Kobe?

I can't stand Kobe as a player and person, but I respect him for his ultimate goal type attitude and my despising is all basketball related.

With that said, all those other guys listed up there didnt rely on athletic ability really. Kobe on the other hand, absolutely does. Because of that, I think he's done. Only thing I feel about it is longing. Longing to have seen him walk off the court a loser after he took to many shots and got beat in his final game, typifying is immense talent but selfish nature all in one.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Wow.

Interesting. You know, I'd be willing to bet my life savings there is multiple players on our very own Jazz who have cheated on their wives.....would all of you despise them the same way you do Kobe?

I can't stand Kobe as a player and person, but I respect him for his ultimate goal type attitude and my despising is all basketball related.

With that said, all those other guys listed up there didnt rely on athletic ability really. Kobe on the other hand, absolutely does. Because of that, I think he's done. Only thing I feel about it is longing. Longing to have seen him walk off the court a loser after he took to many shots and got beat in his final game, typifying is immense talent but selfish nature all in one.

I would be surprize if they had raped a young girl doing it?The Lakers better hope he's done and walks away and DH takes over this team form hear on. Have a nice life KB. Now if we can some how get Fisher to blow out a knee all my prayes will be answered! I just talking trash would never wish any bad on anyone luck that.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Richardale wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Wow.

I would be surprize if they had raped a young girl doing it?The Lakers better hope he's done and walks away and DH takes over this team form hear on. Have a nice life KB. Now if we can some how get Fisher to blow out a knee all my prayes will be answered! I just talking trash would never wish any bad on anyone luck that.

Sad to throw around "rape" Richard. In case you forgot, that girl that claimed rape showed up for her exam with another mans sperm on her underwear, was caught in numerous lies, and also was proven to be mentally unstable (schizophrenia, tried to kill herself just before meeting Kobe etc.), not to mention when they called her to testify, she wouldn't. That judge dismissed the case. Now is it possible he raped her? Yes. This girl put herself into Kobe's room on her own, nobody forced her in there. Seems much more likely she had sex with him, then saw $$ signs, and sadly yelled rape? That appears much more likely.
I cant STAND Kobe. But people who still call him a rapist are stooping pretty low.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Wow.

Sad to throw around "rape" Richard. In case you forgot, that girl that claimed rape showed up for her exam with another mans sperm on her underwear, was caught in numerous lies, and also was proven to be mentally unstable (schizophrenia, tried to kill herself just before meeting Kobe etc.), not to mention when they called her to testify, she wouldn't. That judge dismissed the case. Now is it possible he raped her? Yes. This girl put herself into Kobe's room on her own, nobody forced her in there. Seems much more likely she had sex with him, then saw $$ signs, and sadly yelled rape? That appears much more likely.
I cant STAND Kobe. But people who still call him a rapist are stooping pretty low.

You would think Koby would know this and be smarter than to put himself in that spot. The guy is a great Ball player but a real scum bucket!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 am

Richardale wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Wow.

You would think Koby would know this and be smarter than to put himself in that spot. The guy is a great Ball player but a real scum bucket!

Not to mention he tried to throw Shaq under the bus to the cops to get out of the little Colorado fiasco.

I can admit his skill as a basketball player, but I have no respect for him as a person. So again, I have no sympathy for him or his fans!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Calgary Jazz
Starter

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:06 am

Sad to see you guys focusing on some off-court things and denying the fact that Bryant is one of all time greats and his injury is a big loss to all NBA. I bet some of you are more then willing to close the eyes to he fact that our beloved Malone was no better himself when it comes to women off court. At least Bryant does not have children out of his marriage whom he refused to accept or pay child support. Oh and didn't Malone had sex with like 13 year old and impregnated her? That would be way worse then committing adultery in my book.
Hate Bryant all you want but secretly we all wish at least one player on the Jazz would be as tough as him or had that drive to win. And people mature - see last 5-6 years and tell me that Bryant was not the ultimate professional respected all around the league and world. Stop hate. It leads you nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:56 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Sad to see you guys focusing on some off-court things and denying the fact that Bryant is one of all time greats and his injury is a big loss to all NBA. I bet some of you are more then willing to close the eyes to he fact that our beloved Malone was no better himself when it comes to women off court. At least Bryant does not have children out of his marriage whom he refused to accept or pay child support. Oh and didn't Malone had sex with like 13 year old and impregnated her? That would be way worse then committing adultery in my book.
Hate Bryant all you want but secretly we all wish at least one player on the Jazz would be as tough as him or had that drive to win. And people mature - see last 5-6 years and tell me that Bryant was not the ultimate professional respected all around the league and world. Stop hate. It leads you nowhere.

Good point Calgary.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:58 am

Richardale wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

A guess, is that 65% of NBA players are serious adulterers, and scum bucket human beings and men.
BUT, I look at it as entertainment. And when Charles Barkely stood up and said "I am not a role model", it made me like him as much as anyone. They aren't role models aside from how to play a game. Thats it.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Richardale wrote:

A guess, is that 65% of NBA players are serious adulterers, and scum bucket human beings and men.
BUT, I look at it as entertainment. And when Charles Barkely stood up and said "I am not a role model", it made me like him as much as anyone. They aren't role models aside from how to play a game. Thats it. [/quote]

I like chuck more because of that but they are role models like it or not Koby is one of the biggest in the league. To bad people have put them there. I allways thought if i was to cheat on my wife i would call it quits first. I love my kids to much to cheat on there mother and the best way to show love for your kids is to love there mother. Koby loves Koby.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 am

Somehow I missed this thread and posted my Kobe response on an unrelated thread, so I will post my two cents over here, which are probably only worth the two cents I am telling you: LOL.

I have dished out my share of internet trash talk about Kobe over the years, especially early in his career, but I genuinely feel bad about what happened to him late this season. The guy was playin' his heart out putting on some real spectacular performances, including games with double digit assists. He had 14 assists in one game. I think it is a real tragedy that Dantoni rode him in to the ground. He is probably finished as a superstar player.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kobe Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kobe Bryant   Kobe Bryant Empty

Back to top Go down

Kobe Bryant
Page 1 of 1