Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  "B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

"B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season Empty
PostSubject: "B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season   "B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:28 pm

And the winnah is...

Sampa Baller (Denny, reg season 102-86-1, 5th place)

2nd Place: Sexual Favors (JazzFan 98-84-7, 6th)

3rd place: The Jammers (Lija, Lije 114-72-3, 1st place all year!)

4th place: Aliveandkickin (Mark V 111-75-3, 2nd Place)

5th place: JordanPushedOff (TomJ 106-79-4, 3rd place)

6th Place: ptazz66 (ptazz 101-85-3, 4th place)

(I, despite having 100 wins, was knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual champion, Sampa)

Jammers (my son) was betrayed by injuries, and his remaining players having their worst week of the season in Semifinal Week. And Sexual Favors, who made a terrific second-half run, fell victim to Sampas' GREAT championship week-700+pts, 300+rebs and 49% FG shooting. Lots of coulda, shoulda, woulda all around.

But a good, competitive year. Kind of hard to see how Sampa accomplished this, seein' as how he drafted Channing Frye, Hedo Turkoglu, Andrew Bogut and Chauncey Billups. I mean, WTF? That's a recipe for disaster. But somehow he ended up with Nikola Vucevic and Joe Johnson (in addition to his other excellent picks) and it all worked out for him.

There was some talk of turning this into a small-time money league, so anyone interested in such a thing, we'll discuss here before next season, aight? I would favor a 1/2 Payout for Champion, 1/4 for 2nd place and 1/4 for top regular season winner. Or not. Whatever.

See ya next year!!!
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

"B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: "B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season   "B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:06 am

Thanks for the update. I now wish I hadn't dropped out of the B league. I dropped out because I wanted to give others a chance to compete in a competitive league, and, it looked like a bunch of people wanted to join the old Tribtalk Leagues, with the hopes of getting into the A league. I'm guessing this league was every bit as competitive as the A league.

Originally, we agreed to start a "B League" as a league with managers that might move up to the "A League," and still have lots of fun in a competitive league. What's the status these days? In your opinion, how do the two leagues compare? Is the A League still the A League? Were there a lot of managers that had teams in both the A League AND the B League?

Also, we have a Keeper League started by Dongibby. My team sucked in that league, and, since it's a keeper league, will probably suck for years to come. I think I finished 7th out of 12 (or 14). Anyone heard from DonG recently?
Back to top Go down

"B" League Final Report 2012-13 Season
Page 1 of 1