Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Rumor lakers  Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumor lakers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Rumor lakers  Empty
PostSubject: Rumor lakers    Rumor lakers  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 4:52 pm

May dump P Gasol. what if Koby is the one gone? 30 mill for koby who may never be the same or Gasol and his measle 20 mill? Koby is laker and fans would freak but lakers save 60 if he goes bye bye. Would you as jazz fans ever put either in a jazz uni at a fare price? Think about it?
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

Rumor lakers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor lakers    Rumor lakers  EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Gasol's stock has recently gone way back up in my eyes. Earlier in the season he was fighting injuries and trying to find his role with D12 on the court. He wasn't looking so good. But now he is feeling good, and with Kobe and Nash out, the team has run the game through him more. He has responded with an incredible three triple doubles in the last six games (one of them in a game Kobe played). He is going to be 33 years old this summer though --- too old and beat up to sign a long term deal. But if we could get him on a three year deal for 14 mill per year, I would take a chance on him.

This brings something else to mind regarding Corbin. I worry about whether Corbin would be smart enough to manage a veteran's minutes to try keep him healthy. I was surprised when two season ago, Corbin played four of our starters non stop, 50 mins plus, late in overtime games against Atlanta (4 OTs) and Dallas (3 OTs), even when it was clear some of them were dead tired and ineffective, and we had Favors, Burks and Kanter sitting there fresh on the bench. We did win the game against Dallas though, but lost the one against Atlanta.
Back to top Go down

Rumor lakers
Page 1 of 1