Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)

Go down 
+2
Mutangclan
The Voice of Reason
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) Empty
PostSubject: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:55 pm

I hope the jazz bring a little nasty tonight.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Yup....jazz are gonna lose this game.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 pm

Gotta get Marvin and Foye the hell outta there and get DC & Hayward in.
Gotta stop settling for so many stupid jumpshots.
And if they are gonna go inside to Howard, start the hack-a-Howard.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Yeaaaaaaa, anyone see DC???? Utah down, looking like they can't do much....think an injection of hustle/extra possessions/defense MIGHT HELP, TYRONE CORBIN????!!!!

See this is the prime example of why Foye should not freaking be starting. He can't get his own shot off with Kobe guarding him, so that makes Randy Foye completely irrelevant out there, and a negative impact because he does nothing else. DC should be starting these games....

I like the early Burks sighting, we will need his quickness and athleticism. Hustle too.
Not looking forward to the second half......
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:07 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Yeaaaaaaa, anyone see DC???? Utah down, looking like they can't do much....think an injection of hustle/extra possessions/defense MIGHT HELP, TYRONE CORBIN????!!!!

See this is the prime example of why Foye should not freaking be starting. He can't get his own shot off with Kobe guarding him, so that makes Randy Foye completely irrelevant out there, and a negative impact because he does nothing else. DC should be starting these games....

I like the early Burks sighting, we will need his quickness and athleticism. Hustle too.
Not looking forward to the second half......
Yea where the hell was DC tonight? thats what was missing!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 am

Its games like that, where I have a hard time trying to remember that I'm just a fan, and Corbin is a professional coach. I really dont think I know more than he does.....but........

Actually, first and foremost, Corbin showed some changes. We saw a bit more Favors, which was good. We saw a bit more of Burks, also good. But this game needed some defense. Seemed like LA was doing whatever they wanted all night. I'll say this, I think the way LA came out, they were winning the game regardless. But it's like Ty Corbin has a set limit on how many adjustments he can make. Like after 3 adjustments, he can't make anymore for the rest of the game. I guess it's a positive that he's showing some adjusting, but IMO it's not nearly enough.

As for DC v Marvin, I'm starting to wonder if there is some showcasing going on to move Marv. Otherwise, I think Corbin has something personal against DC. He's only a positive out there for the team. So irritating.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Its games like that, where I have a hard time trying to remember that I'm just a fan, and Corbin is a professional coach. I really dont think I know more than he does.....but........

Actually, first and foremost, Corbin showed some changes. We saw a bit more Favors, which was good. We saw a bit more of Burks, also good. But this game needed some defense. Seemed like LA was doing whatever they wanted all night. I'll say this, I think the way LA came out, they were winning the game regardless. But it's like Ty Corbin has a set limit on how many adjustments he can make. Like after 3 adjustments, he can't make anymore for the rest of the game. I guess it's a positive that he's showing some adjusting, but IMO it's not nearly enough.

As for DC v Marvin, I'm starting to wonder if there is some showcasing going on to move Marv. Otherwise, I think Corbin has something personal against DC. He's only a positive out there for the team. So irritating.

Kind of funny that you would say that, because I was thinking the exact same thing, only about Burks.

Think about it for a second. Williams is a known quantity, and he's seen good minutes all year, and we know corbin has an affinity for veterans. Burks on the other hand is almost a complete unknown that had only had a few good runs in his entire career. Carrol has been consistently good, and against the wizards he was solid again, then in the second half he was replaced with burks snd the result was disastrous. Add that to the fact that Burks has done nothing to prove he deserves the time. So why, in the very next game, would you turn around and give all the minutes to Burks?

pure speculation and gut feeling, but i think the jazz are shopping Burks...

Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:31 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Kind of funny that you would say that, because I was thinking the exact same thing, only about Burks.

Think about it for a second. Williams is a known quantity, and he's seen good minutes all year, and we know corbin has an affinity for veterans. Burks on the other hand is almost a complete unknown that had only had a few good runs in his entire career. Carrol has been consistently good, and against the wizards he was solid again, then in the second half he was replaced with burks snd the result was disastrous. Add that to the fact that Burks has done nothing to prove he deserves the time. So why, in the very next game, would you turn around and give all the minutes to Burks?

Could be part of a trade for Rondo. Paul burks and pick?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Could be part of a trade for Rondo. Paul burks and pick?

That would be awesome, but highly unlikely. I think if they are actually looking for a PG, it is probably one of these guys like Calderon or Lowry. Could also be looking at one of Minnesota's PG's or maybe Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Gotta be something going on though, gotta be. This screwy rotation just doesn't make sense. Even if it was Jerry back there not playing the rooks, it just doesn't look right.
Trade coming, gotta be.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Well there was no showcasing Burks last night. (DNP)
Guess he is off the block Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Don't look now but the Lakers may be back. Certainly kicked the Jazz's ass with ease and next up they take down OKC. There really hasn't been a great explanation as to why at minimum they were not heavily in the playoff contention talk based simply on the starting five talent level. We have not seen the last of the Lakers, unfortunately, I fear we can chalk them up as another team the Jazz will battle for the 7 or 8 seed.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Don't look now but the Lakers may be back. Certainly kicked the Jazz's ass with ease and next up they take down OKC. There really hasn't been a great explanation as to why at minimum they were not heavily in the playoff contention talk based simply on the starting five talent level. We have not seen the last of the Lakers, unfortunately, I fear we can chalk them up as another team the Jazz will battle for the 7 or 8 seed.

Yep. hopefully they dont take it out on the road. They cant aford to many more losses. really hoped OKC would pull it out. Playing good ball but will it be to late?You see where the lakers have only missed playoff twice after Koby was born?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)   F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

F the lakers (aka Jazz/Lakers game thread)
Page 1 of 1